Sign in to follow this  

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help. Every time I try to create or join a game, I get an error message saying "failed to host game session. Verify you have an internet connection." I do have an internet connection so idk what I'm supposed to do. It's been like this for 2 days.

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but it didn't appear to work. Is there anything else I could do? Was I blocked from playing the game?

I have done a restart. A hard reset. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I keep getting the same error message. I have no idea what to do man. :/

2 hours ago, Kennyboy said:

I have done a restart. A hard reset. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I keep getting the same error message. I have no idea what to do man. :/

If you are on Xbox hold down the power button for 10 seconds to wipe your cache.  Also try running a network diagnostic from Settings-Network-Test Multiplayer or Test Connection.  

@Kennyboy Have you been playing online and this just started happening? Or are you trying to play this game for the first time?  

12 hours ago, Kennyboy said:

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help. Every time I try to create or join a game, I get an error message saying "failed to host game session. Verify you have an internet connection." I do have an internet connection so idk what I'm supposed to do. It's been like this for 2 days.

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but it didn't appear to work. Is there anything else I could do? Was I blocked from playing the game?

Is there a reason that you would be banned ?

• Like 1

I'm playing on a PS4. I've also been playing since the game released and now all of a sudden I keep getting the same error message. It's been 4 days now. The error message is "can't host game, please verify connection." I tested my connection, I've done a reset. Idk what else to do. 

54 minutes ago, Kennyboy said:

I'm playing on a PS4. I've also been playing since the game released and now all of a sudden I keep getting the same error message. It's been 4 days now. The error message is "can't host game, please verify connection." I tested my connection, I've done a reset. Idk what else to do. 

Are you able to play other games online?  did your PS plus account expire?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ryanmc564 said:

Are you able to play other games online?  did your PS plus account expire?

giphy.gif   Basically, "Is it plugged in....did you turn it on?" @ryanmc564 are you an IT guy? LOL.

7 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

giphy.gif   Basically, "Is it plugged in....did you turn it on?" @ryanmc564 are you an IT guy? LOL.

Haha, nah.... just trying to cover all bases, I've ran into people before on forums who have bought ps4's for a specific game, but were unaware that you needed a PS plus account to play online.  

Still, classic response. Maybe you should consider a career change bro. :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Always best to start with the obvious and move on from there. You would be surprised how many times it's something simple that was overlooked. I do some IT works here and there while it is not my profession. I'll give you an example of a job I did once. Office could not get mail machine to work. Kept saying no internet but was plugged in. No one in that office could figure it out. I walked in looked at it plugged in and asked where the router and switch were located. They took me to the room I took the number off the outlet containing the cat 5 plug looked at the numbers on the switch and low and behold there is no cat 5 cable connecting the outlet to the switch. Plug it in, set up mail machine done and done. Easy money ;)

• Like 1

Just now, PizzaGod said:

*lunch break

Hey me too!

I ate a grilled cheese, chatted with my wife, hopped on here to have a productive conversation with fellow fans.

What did you do on yours?

OK, let's get this back on topic I also think Ive been pretty clear about not getting involved in disputes. 

4WJaC0.gif   Actual footage JPops getting a thread back on topic. ;) I don't envy your job.

On topic. I think maybe the OP's issue may have been solved. Haven't heard back from him.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:03 AM, Kennyboy said:

Pretty sure it's an internet problem...who's your provider? I went through this for about two to three weeks about a month or two ago and had to switch providers. Now encountering this issue is a rarity.

Well, I did find out that my plus account did expire but it didn't appear to fix the issue. It still won't connect a match for me. I reactiviated my account but it didn't fix it. This blows. My internet is fine. My wifi works on everything else. :(

1 minute ago, Kennyboy said:

Well, I did find out that my plus account did expire but it didn't appear to fix the issue. It still won't connect a match for me. I reactiviated my account but it didn't fix it. This blows. My internet is fine. My wifi works on everything else. :(

Do you have any other games you can test connection with?

Try powering down the console and logging back in. PS Plus is funky when you renew in my experience it took a few to acknowledge I renewed it.