Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Okay i think it would be cool if they would add some stuff from their first idea for the game. Maybe a Counselor. Maybe a Killer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Counselor maybe but this is Friday The 13th, I would rather not see a generic killer please.

There are more Jasons to add.

Yes.

But....I would make an exception for a Kane Hodder skin which could be applied to any of the current or future Jason's. It would be a great tribute to get his likeness in the game, not just movement. He definitely would need to rock his finger-less gloves and bandana.

movie_67-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Yes.

But....I would make an exception for a Kane Hodder skin which could be applied to any of the current or future Jason's. It would be a great tribute to get his likeness in the game, not just movement. He definitely would need to rock his finger-less gloves and bandana.

movie_67-2.jpg

I am going to blaspheme for a moment.

I don't understand the Kane Hodder love. Other than being a stunt man who took a lot of damage as Jason, I don't understand it. While he wasn't the reason the movies were less than stellar, he is responsible for all of the lowest ranked Friday movies.

The guy himself seems to be an passionate fella and he loves his work, which is nice. But6, I don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I am going to blaspheme for a moment.

I don't understand the Kane Hodder love. Other than being a stunt man who took a lot of damage as Jason, I don't understand it. While he wasn't the reason the movies were less than stellar, he is responsible for all of the lowest ranked Friday movies.

The guy himself seems to be an passionate fella and he loves his work, which is nice. But6, I don't get it.

It's because everyone loves Zombie Jason and therefore the love for him is transferred over to the person who wore the costume. What's odd though is that I rarely see any debates over who is the best Michael or Leatherface and there were plenty of people who wore those outfits as well. Granted I may not follow either community as much but still its not like the Hodder vs. every other Jason ever argument has been contained to fandom.

Freddy's different since he was consistently played best by Englund, and most consistently. He requires personality to be who he is, Englund made Freddy. Jason other than the way he carries himself is  for intents and purposes a giant in a mask who will stab you to death if he sees you. Not a lot of depth there nor required to be so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I am going to blaspheme for a moment.

I don't understand the Kane Hodder love. Other than being a stunt man who took a lot of damage as Jason, I don't understand it. While he wasn't the reason the movies were less than stellar, he is responsible for all of the lowest ranked Friday movies.

The guy himself seems to be an passionate fella and he loves his work, which is nice. But6, I don't get it.

I would counter that his portrayal of Jason took it beyond a simple stuntman punching the clock. He gave the character a visible seething rage that we hadn't seen up to that point. He added to the character by using his body to act through the mask. His Jason was dangerous in a new visceral way.

1 hour ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

 I rarely see any debates over who is the best Michael or Leatherface 

Gunnar Hansen. I will windmill slap fight anyone who disagrees.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I would counter that his portrayal of Jason took it beyond a simple stuntman punching the clock. He gave the character a visible seething rage that we hadn't seen up to that point. He added to the character by using his body to act through the mask. His Jason was dangerous in a new visceral way.

 

I would counter that with part 4. That was a seething anger machine. To be fair, the living Jasons had vocals as well as body language.

Part six lacked the seethe, and had more of a curious approach to things. The tilted head looks always made me feel like he was a dog trying to figure out what is happening or just happened.

So yeah, I kind of get it. It was a very unique choice to have Jason breath without lungs. That isn't an insult, but rather a piece of praise, because most of the time it works for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I would counter that with part 4. That was a seething anger machine. To be fair, the living Jasons had vocals as well as body language.

Part six lacked the seethe, and had more of a curious approach to things. The tilted head looks always made me feel like he was a dog trying to figure out what is happening or just happened.

So yeah, I kind of get it. It was a very unique choice to have Jason breath without lungs. That isn't an insult, but rather a piece of praise, because most of the time it works for me.

True.

I would also add that his longevity in the role has helped his position. He doesn't have the death-grip on tenure that Englund has on Freddy, but he has worn the mask the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

True.

I would also add that his longevity in the role has helped his position. He doesn't have the death-grip on tenure that Englund has on Freddy, but he has worn the mask the most.

Yeah, I think it is that and his passion.

My favourite Jason is Jason is Ted White, but that guy was not in to it.

Kane may be my favourite actor in a Friday movie, who isn't an attractive female. I hate that I am that guy sometimes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Counselors maybe. The remaining 5 Jasons (or 3 if they don't want to pursue rights for the 2 they don't have permission for yet), Roy and Pamela yes definitely. But, if I wanted to see a generic killer i'd watch Sleepaway Camp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I am going to blaspheme for a moment.

I don't understand the Kane Hodder love. Other than being a stunt man who took a lot of damage as Jason, I don't understand it. While he wasn't the reason the movies were less than stellar, he is responsible for all of the lowest ranked Friday movies.

The guy himself seems to be an passionate fella and he loves his work, which is nice. But6, I don't get it.

He is NOT responsible for the lowest ranked movies. The directors, their scripts, and studios bear that responsibility.:D He is responsible, despite cinematic shortcomings in later films, for people still loving the character. B)

1. Many actors have portrayed Jason. Kane took the time to love and own the character.

2. He is a fan favorite because he respects the franchise and really is a great guy to the fans.

3. He may not have been in the early movies, but his non-verbal mannerisms have largely defined how many people see the character.

4. There is a reason he was the go-to guy for mocap with this game.

I love the early movies as well. Ted White was great too. But Kane is THE Jason. That was part of the reason why there was so much fan hate that he wasn't cast as Jason in FvJ. Him and Robert had talked about working together with their respective characters for years. Kane got screwed by the director.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I would counter that his portrayal of Jason took it beyond a simple stuntman punching the clock. He gave the character a visible seething rage that we hadn't seen up to that point. He added to the character by using his body to act through the mask. His Jason was dangerous in a new visceral way.

Gunnar Hansen. I will windmill slap fight anyone who disagrees.

:lol: Gunnar is the original.

hodder-leatherface.jpg?resize=620,646   Kane was Leatherface too.;)

chainsaw-3-teaser.jpg

By the power of horror fans, Kane has the pooowwweeerrr!

freddy-glove-jason-mask-goes-to-hell.jpg

Kane's Freddy cameo...He's not Robert Englund, but hey...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

He is NOT responsible for the lowest ranked movies. The directors, their scripts, and studios bear that responsibility.:D He is responsible, despite cinematic shortcomings in later films, for people still loving the character. B)

1. Many actors have portrayed Jason. Kane took the time to love and own the character.

2. He is a fan favorite because he respects the franchise and really is a great guy to the fans.

3. He may not have been in the early movies, but his non-verbal mannerisms have largely defined how many people see the character.

4. There is a reason he was the go-to guy for mocap with this game.

I love the early movies as well. Ted White was great too. But Kane is THE Jason. That was part of the reason why there was so much fan hate that he wasn't cast as Jason in FvJ. Him and Robert had talked about working together with their respective characters for years. Kane got screwed by the director.

All fair points, anmd yeah my sentence was poorly written. I did say it wasn't his fault.

I meant to say, despite his good work, he is the Jason in some the blah blah blah.

!. I think I have said this part.

2. And sort of this too.

Yes he did get screwed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Gunnar Hansen. I will windmill slap fight anyone who disagrees.

 

10 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

:lol: Gunnar is the original.

Kane was Leatherface too.;) 

By the power of horror fans, Kane has the pooowwweeerrr!

Kane's Freddy cameo...He's not Robert Englund, but hey...

 

 

Was that a challenge?!!

YRd3L.gif 

But seriously, the fact that Hodder can pull a solid 3rd place on Leatherface ;) and a terrific Freddy arm just shows how awesome he is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...