Tattooey

Information: Finding Pamela Tapes

Okay so tonight I played in a match with someone else as host. Another player who was chad went inside a cabin on packanack lodge that was already looted. The only drawer that was not open contained a Pamela tape. Unfortunately the guy immediately started bragging. The host hopped on the mic to insult him & leave the session resulting in the player losing his first Pamela tape. He recorded his find. His Xbox gamertag is "TOP3 Broncos719" you can check his feed for the video.

I decided to go into a match with 1 player to try & figure out what the trick is to finding these tapes. I was Jason first on packanack but unfortunately he didn't find any. Also the game crashed but a lot of the map was already looted. Second attempt he played as jason I actually found a tape. So I will share what I did. Hopefully somebody can spot a consistent pattern. On a side note we recreated the event & was not able to get a second tape. Maybe there's a time limit on how many can be found in the same session.

So here's the details:

1. I'm level 87. I played as Tiffany.

2. Perk slot #1: Restful 2#: Marathon 3#: Potent Ranger

3. Tommy was called in when tape was found

4. I had three items in my inventory. 1#: Jason's Mask 2#: Fuse 3#: Pocket Knife

5. This was a private match with only myself & one other player.

6. I hovered over the fuse in my inventory when I opened the drawer.

7. You do not need to survive the match in order to keep the tape.

8. Tapes can be found any day of the week.

9. I had all the doors locked inside the main cabin on Higgins with the radio playing music before the tape was found.

10. I also killed Jason about 4 or 5 previous matches. Not sure if this is significant or not.

11. Jason was part 2 potato sack

12. Jason re-entered his cabin several minutes into the match.

13. Jason was inside the barn when I found the tape.

14. I accidentally placed his mask inside a drawer then took it back out.

15. Only took 2 matches of testing/looking to actually find a tape.

16. Never looted springwater or blairscove.

17. Never acquired the sweater either.

18. Jason's hut was on the island.

19. Map was Higgins Haven.

20. I also had a map & walkie talkie but flashlight was not turned on.

I was actually able to find a tape while in a private match I was hosting looking for a tape. So a few things to consider among many others are that perhaps the rates for finding them aren't completely asinine. I will most definitely do further testing to try & crack this mystery.

Any players interested in trying to look around in a private match with myself please feel free to message me on here or Xbox. I will definitely lend any assistance I can to also help you find a tape if possible.

Heres the video I uploaded so that people may see this is not a fraud or trick of any kind. Please feel free to comment or ask me about these tapes. This is my very first tape I have ever found. With my friends list containing over 50 people that play the game I never heard of any of them finding a tape or any random player I have ever ran into who has claimed to have found 1 either. I decided to check for the tape considering a guy 2 matches earlier also in a private session found 1 himself but a toxic host decided to deprive him of his first tape find by leaving the session which sadly costed him his first Pamela tape find. So I will definitely try to redo this process again step by step after 24 hours has passed in hopes to finding additional information or possibly solving this riddle to these tapes. Maybe after all they are not as rare as we think.

I found one yesterday, I was Tiffany (I have my counselors set on random). Perks are Marathon and I need to remember the others, one I think is home body and reduced chance of being sensed. I only had crackers in my inventory. Had a map, walkie talkie.

The more information we can share regarding everything during that match will be extremely helpful in narrowing down what the trick or pattern is to finding these little bad boys or guardians of galaxy mix tapes as I like to call them. :P

1 hour ago, Tattooey said:

The more information we can share regarding everything during that match will be extremely helpful in narrowing down what the trick or pattern is to finding these little bad boys or guardians of galaxy mix tapes as I like to call them. :P

I doubt it has to do with perks or anything.

what about time

of day? 

Looks like there are a lot of people finding the tapes now.  All of a sudden I have seen posts popping up about people finding the tapes

we believe it has something to do with jasons mask and putting it in a drawer. as for the rest, don't know. Wished you were on PS4. We are going to try this tonight.

Only thing is i've seen ppl on youtube that show the entire match and find one in the first 2-3 minutes with nothing else completed, defiantly didn't knock the mask off.

1 hour ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

we believe it has something to do with jasons mask and putting it in a drawer. as for the rest, don't know. Wished you were on PS4. We are going to try this tonight.

I didn't have his mask (never had it) when I found it last night. His mask was still on when I found it.

37 minutes ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

Only thing is i've seen ppl on youtube that show the entire match and find one in the first 2-3 minutes with nothing else completed, defiantly didn't knock the mask off.

Definitely going to focus on the tapes tonight. 

From what I'm reading, the mask isn't the issue. On/off either way, isn't affecting finding tapes.

I wonder if it is duplicate counselors? Rare is the match I've seen, that there isn't 3 aj's or two Vanessa's.

Maybe by only using Tiffany, op avoided the duplicate characters.

Add me on PS4, and I'll help run tests. 

In the video the mask was placed in a drawer and the Pamela tape appears right after.

180?cb=20150615231007

Hopefully this puts this theory to rest.

There is no trick to finding the tapes.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

In the video the mask was placed in a drawer and the Pamela tape appears right after.

180?cb=20150615231007

I have seen a pretty reliable video of one tape found in the first minute of the match, so they're may be multiple 'triggers'.

@lHeartBreakerl 'tricks' and 'triggering events' are not necessarily the same thing.

6 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@lHeartBreakerl 'tricks' and 'triggering events' are not necessarily the same thing.

I'm still pretty sure it's just a random ass spawn. Randy said during the stream that he felt the spawn rate was too low.

Plus, I honestly don't think the devs put enough thought into it to make a sequence of events to get the tape.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'm still pretty sure it's just a random ass spawn. Randy said during the stream that he felt the spawn rate was too low.

Plus, I honestly don't think the devs put enough thought into it to make a sequence of events to get the tape.

You type "random ass spawn" this is where my mind immediately goes. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a viewing:

bad-milo-poster.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

bad-milo-poster.jpg

What in the fuck is that?

You have my interest. I'll give it a shot 

23 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Hopefully this puts this theory to rest.

There is no trick to finding the tapes.

I am not a dev but no one wants too listen to me lol. It's luck all luck. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It's a random ass spawn.

• Like 1

@Tattooey I am down to try some theories or patterns anytime I am on to try and get these. I am level 87 as well and tired of never finding any. Honestly, anytime you guys are on and new theories or gameplay happen, I am willing to test them out in private match with you guys. Hopefully I will be on either Thursday or Friday night.

the whole "every counselor" theory is sounding solid also, usually it's venessa, adam and aj x2, i don't think i've ever seen a balanced lobby, but on the other hand ppl have claimed to have found tapes with just a few ppl in a match. Shit I don't know grrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

This movie is amazing.  It's one you will never forget.  

1 hour ago, JPops said:

I am not a dev but no one wants too listen to me lol. It's luck all luck. 

To play Devil's Advocate here and because I am bored?, He only denied them saying their is a trick.  He didn't deny their isn't a trick.  Is it an accident the rep leaked this new info or is it an accident the rep spoke out of turn?  ???

download (4).jpg

• Like 1

I am wondering if they upped the spawn rate because all of a sudden there are a lot more posts on social media coming out stating they are being found more frequently.  No trick, no special counselor.....just luck.   Lot more people finding them in the last couple of days. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I am wondering if they upped the spawn rate because all of a sudden there are a lot more posts on social media coming out stating they are being found more frequently.  No trick, no special counselor.....just luck.   Lot more people finding them in the last couple of days. 

I've noticed that too. I assume the spawn rate is something they could edit on the back end without a patch so it's plausible.

• Like 1