Sign in to follow this  
7theye

This game is bringing out the worst in me...sigh...

I have been on here a while and enjoy the heck out of this (admittedly) flawed game, but lately I find that this game has just been brining out the worst in me and making me anger and bitter.

1. My hatred of @GunMedia_Ben is reaching toxic levels. I try and remind myself that his just a low level useless PR guy but his total lack of communication with us on here about dedicated servers and host migration has caused me to reach unhealthy levels of frustration. Yes, I should be angry with Illfonic. But its @GunMedia_Ben job to communicate with us and he has done nothing to explain why we still don't have host migration but instead had emjoiis and crap like that. 

2. The number of a-hole players is getting out of hand on the PS4 - I have literally been reporting daily and I am not even sure it does anything. Today after I filled the boat up someone killed me to get on there. Another few people decided to just glitch out of map and goto Jason's 2nd shack the whole game.

3. The lack of people using mics and doing stupid things is making me a TK sadly. Today I saw a Tiffany try and put a battery in with a LaChappa right next to her. Why didn't she dorp it andl et him do it despite us all saying it into the mic? God knows. I had to shoot her and let him do it or else we would have been found out by Jason. I don't want to do this. But I feel like I have to.

4. Lack of private games - before I could go on here and find a good game. Now I can't. The LFG thread is dead. There isnt a good private game going on that I can find especially since I play during the day time. Why did you move the threaf off the Game Discussion page? You KILLED IT. Don't you see that. YOU KILLED IT BY MOVING IT.

5. The feeling of hopelessness when you start a game and see right away you have a few non-mic wearing morons that are all hiding in camps or cabins doing nothing productive while they die one by one means that as one person you can't do anything but try and survive as long as you can. No hope of escape. I guess I could swim to his island and camp there but whats the point. So instead i've resorted to killing myself using bear traps etc. Its sad but I feel like its a reflection of my real life mood.

I love this game and I have been waiting forever for a proper F13th game. I watch the movies weekly for years. I just feel now that I'm becoming more miserable for playing, like an abusive relationship where I can't let go but keep coming back.

• Like 1

Dude, and or Dudette, I think you might need a bit of time doing something else. I don't normally say such things, but you sound bleak about this and this should be fun. If I were you, I would go back to a game I know is fun, and try this game after a new patch or SP comes out.

1. Hate is bad. It is just not healthy, be it directed at a person place or thing. I doubt the man deserves hate.

2. A-holes gonna a-hole. You play your game and screw em if they can't hang.

3. You might be taking things too seriously here. But you sound like you are doing exactly what you were complaining about in 2. Killing people to increase your survivability. If you don't like it happening to you, prolly shouldn't do it to others. If an escape fails you try again.

4. I would be wary of letting the guy from point 3 in my group.

5. Again, too seriously. If you fail in a video game you get to try again. That is the greatness of video games. Perseverance.

Nothing in what you said implies love. It implies you want something you haven't got yet. At this point I am not sure you are going to get it. Take a break and try again real soon. Even just take a few days. Game trends might change. You could even try playing at a different time, the player base might shift during different times of the day.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 7theye said:

I have been on here a while and enjoy the heck out of this (admittedly) flawed game, but lately I find that this game has just been brining out the worst in me and making me anger and bitter.

1. My hatred of @GunMedia_Ben is reaching toxic levels. I try and remind myself that his just a low level useless PR guy but his total lack of communication with us on here about dedicated servers and host migration has caused me to reach unhealthy levels of frustration. Yes, I should be angry with Illfonic. But its @GunMedia_Ben job to communicate with us and he has done nothing to explain why we still don't have host migration but instead had emjoiis and crap like that. 

2. The number of a-hole players is getting out of hand on the PS4 - I have literally been reporting daily and I am not even sure it does anything. Today after I filled the boat up someone killed me to get on there. Another few people decided to just glitch out of map and goto Jason's 2nd shack the whole game.

3. The lack of people using mics and doing stupid things is making me a TK sadly. Today I saw a Tiffany try and put a battery in with a LaChappa right next to her. Why didn't she dorp it andl et him do it despite us all saying it into the mic? God knows. I had to shoot her and let him do it or else we would have been found out by Jason. I don't want to do this. But I feel like I have to.

4. Lack of private games - before I could go on here and find a good game. Now I can't. The LFG thread is dead. There isnt a good private game going on that I can find especially since I play during the day time. Why did you move the threaf off the Game Discussion page? You KILLED IT. Don't you see that. YOU KILLED IT BY MOVING IT.

5. The feeling of hopelessness when you start a game and see right away you have a few non-mic wearing morons that are all hiding in camps or cabins doing nothing productive while they die one by one means that as one person you can't do anything but try and survive as long as you can. No hope of escape. I guess I could swim to his island and camp there but whats the point. So instead i've resorted to killing myself using bear traps etc. Its sad but I feel like its a reflection of my real life mood.

I love this game and I have been waiting forever for a proper F13th game. I watch the movies weekly for years. I just feel now that I'm becoming more miserable for playing, like an abusive relationship where I can't let go but keep coming back.

I am not going to go through a point-by-point like @Definitelynotjason did. All I am going to say is that This is a video game! Period. I have also been waiting for this game since 1989 when I played the NES version. If this game is affecting your real life and sense of well-being, you need a break. It's not that serious man. I'm also thinking you might want to quit calling out @GunMedia_Ben. Regardless of what your belief is, I'm sure the guy is busy. He's not just a token spokesperson for GunMedia. He has a job. Let it go, or you are probably going to get banned. Like I said (and DNJ said), take a damn break. This game should not be affecting your life this way.

• Like 1

Most of your complaints are about the players playing the game and how they do it, rather than complaints about the game itself.

Lack of Host Migration sucks. Hopefully they get to that.

If you have Xbox One you could try joining our Club that we started. Or I think a Chapter was also started on PS4. Playing with members of this forum has been really fun.

• Like 1

This game is still fun. I've manged to find a good group of people on PS4 and it's been great. The people here in the fourms have made some cool groups (Which I need to join lol) If you let something take control over you then it's time to put the controller down and maybe take a small break from it. This patch coming soon will fix a lot of the things. Ben is just a PR guy and can't really give us details on what's going on. I know where you are coming from but going down the road of hate and take your anger out on him. Just take a step back breath and try and focus on the good things that are coming. Randy stated on Twitch the patch is going to fix a lot of the issues so I have hope we get this patch soon. Just gotta keep your anger in check and look for good things. 

You're taking it too seriously when it comes to number 3. Killing someone for not doing something you've said is ludicrous. If it gets you caught, get over it and try again next time.

When it comes to non mic users, you can escape without having to speak to people, its not that big of an issue.

2 hours ago, 7theye said:

Thanks guys. 

Does anyone know how I can join a good PS4 group?

Nuthinbutagoodtime started a PS4 chapter of Camp Crystal Lake Employment Agency.  Check it out.  We are trying to grow it for forum members especially. 

• Like 1

Hit up the Ps4 chapter of the Employment Agency. Having a group of steady nontoxic players to play with will help you out a ton with enjoying the game again.

If your going to TK players based off of not using their mic then you'd be killing people in pretty much every MP game.

5 hours ago, 7theye said:

On the topic of @GunMedia_Ben, you're more than free to dislike or even hate the job he does. Don't let that translate into a personal hate though. Who he is and his life are his business and how good or bad he is at his job is not a reflection of who he is personally. The only criticism that's fair is of his job and how community interaction is managed, if you're upset outside of that then you need to let it go.

He has communicated several times that the companies are looking into the best options to resolve this issue. Everyone knows this. Not to mention, you have no clue what goes into his job and what the company allows him to say. After all, you want him providing false information or definite information? another factor, this is a horror game, horror uses surprise elements. Maybe the companies like the element of surprise to please their fans. Just a random, half-cocked theory, but looking at Pamela tapes, they like to keep us guessing and playing

Everyone paid for this game and wants to play their way or have fun how they want. I understand you are a "rules" guy, but we all have to deal with these type of matters in quick match. Get better friends, groups and such if you can't handle this.

Sad truth, could have heard that over their speakers. Maybe Tiffany was working towards a trophy. Maybe they wanted the experience. Or even possibly they wanted to Play the frigging game!!

Ummm okay. Maybe of PSN, but I can get a mediocre game at 7am est on Xbox. Know why? English and Australian people are still playing. If you can act with decent sportsmanship and intelligence, anyone will play with you. I am sure the fact that it was moved on threads completely killed it off the console. That was sarcasm if you didn't know.

So people play their say. If you are decent, you can figure out how to travel across the map, find everything for the car, put it together, and leave without them. Know how many times we all have yelled at micless people to do something? Waited around to start a boat or drive the car for someone? It happens to all of us. It also adds to the intensity that makes this game great when Jason morphs near you and you are waiting to help another counselor.

I commented in the paragraphs of your quotes, hope you can read those. Honestly, Goosefraba, or whatever it was in Anger Management. There are many frustrations in the game, but you can't honestly say it happens all the time. If it does, maybe you are the toxic gamer. I will admittedly get frustrated by a Bugzy putting in a car item and messing up several times when I am AN and yelling at that player, but I don't feel the need to rant on the forums in an over dramatic fashion. Instead, I either get killed by morphing Jason, or overcome obstacles and figure out one of the 3 other ways to escape, or help your counselor out and stun with Jason with him. Overall, if you aren't enjoying the challenge of the game, quit playing and go live life homie. Maybe take a week off and play something else. Either way, you seem entirely too frustrated over a few little things and even tried to call someone out on their job when you don't even know what's going on in his life. Maybe you need to calm down and reassess your life.

3 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Nuthinbutagoodtime started a PS4 chapter of Camp Crystal Lake Employment Agency.  Check it out.  We are trying to grow it for forum members especially. 

I am gonna have to join this one too when i get home this weekend and can play again! There are a few good groups I have found myself in and getting regular games with a lobby of majority or all good players has become more regular. Look forward to getting in this new group as well and hopefully catching up with some of you posters here.

• Like 1