I don't know if I read else where, heard someone say, or just have been having the feeling myself but does anyone know if the amount of pocket knives that spawn in any given match are equivalent to the amount of traps a Jason has.  I don't know if it's just a mere coincidence but I find more pocket knives in games with a part 2 Jason running around then any other Jason.  I keep meaning to try and keep count when I play as Jason but in the moment I always forget.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UprightChair said:

I don't know if I read else where, heard someone say, or just have been having the feeling myself but does anyone know if the amount of pocket knives that spawn in any given match are equivalent to the amount of traps a Jason has.  I don't know if it's just a mere coincidence but I find more pocket knives in games with a part 2 Jason running around then any other Jason.  I keep meaning to try and keep count when I play as Jason but in the moment I always forget.

Good theory. And it would make sense since it also requires a knife to disarm a trap.

@Brigadius we should experiment. 

If you do experiment I would love to know the results.  I also wouldn't be entirely surprised if it's always between 5-7 the 2 extra knives for the 3 trap Jason's to balance out there strengths a bit the grip strength of 7 and the shift grab speed of 9

23 minutes ago, UprightChair said:

Wow...

I never thought about this. I do notice certain games where it seems like I find knives everywhere yet other games nothing at all. I never thought to compare it to the Jason in the game. 

I will now.

23 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

Wow...

I never thought about this. I do notice certain games where it seems like I find knives everywhere yet other games nothing at all. I never thought to compare it to the Jason in the game. 

I will now.

11 minutes ago, Chrisi98 said:

I'd say there's at least 5 knives per game

Will report back this evening with an answer. 

• Like 1

that would actually make a TON of sense, just like two keys / batteries on stages with 2 cars. This. Sometimes I will be Jason and get stabbed, stabbed and stabbed, then sometimes maybe 1 or 2 counselors will stab me, seems about right, I get neck stabbed constantly as part 2. 

20 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Will report back this evening with an answer. 

Did you have any luck reaching a conclusion?

12 minutes ago, UprightChair said:

Did you have any luck reaching a conclusion?

Unfortunately I wasn't able to last night. @Brigadius if you're willing and on, care to test this theory? I think it holds some weight.

I didn't have a group of people to test with and only one game as Jason.  Luck would have it a part 9 and I only got stabbed 3 times in a clean sweep.  But to be fair the counselors didn't coordinate well and I can't be sure they didn't miss a whole bunch of loot. 

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to last night. @Brigadius if you're willing and on, care to test this theory? I think it holds some weight.

We can try but you know timezones not always easy for me to be on at the same time. 

10 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

We can try but you know timezones not always easy for me to be on at the same time. 

Definitley true. It's easier on weekends (no work, yay) but hopefully i'll catch you when you're on.

No clue if there is a correlation, but I do have a theory that certain counselors have a better likelihood of spawning near one.  I seem to have better luck finding them (within 1st three mins) with the runners (Bugz, Nessa, Tiff, Chad & Adam) than the smart or middle of the road counselors (Deb, Choppa, Jen, Ken, & AJ) .

Again, this is my experience- yours can be completely different.