Sign in to follow this  
chaosguy67

Wish everyone didnt rely on private matches still...

Quick match lobbies are always empty... im guessing this is due to everyone so use to doing private matches through groups...

The only reason i dont like this is the host will sometimes be unfair...

1. Ive had a host threaten to kick me out of the game or end the game because i was chasing him for too long...

2. 1 host said he will kick me if i dont get in the car....

3. Got kicked because i slashed someone to death that had 2 pocket knives on them (they said it outloud)

Wish everyone would switch over to quick matches..

80% of the time when I try and play a Quick Match I am put into a lobby by myself, as the host.

80% of the time when I do get into a Quick Match, the assigned host will drop out as soon as they are killed, ending the game for everyone.

Until we receive the dedicated servers we were promised, or at the very LEAST host migration, Quick Match is DOA.

I actually like hosting quick matches, so when Chad decides to hit me with a machete. I tell him to F off or I'll close the lobby. 

Quick lobby can be hit or miss. I had some great matches today, but I had to get through some team killers and glitchers first.

Well it doesn't help that all the trolls and assholes are in Quick Play. I used to play quick matches, but I've just become kind of disillusioned with it at this point. No, not every match has been filled with these types, but even if it isn't that you seem to have 2-3 people leave every match which also sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEATH said:

Well it doesn't help that all the trolls and assholes are in Quick Play. I used to play quick matches, but I've just become kind of disillusioned with it at this point. No, not every match has been filled with these types, but even if it isn't that you seem to have 2-3 people leave every match which also sucks.

This.

Also it doesn't help that when you finally get to play as jason you'll also have people just outright quitting before you can kill 'em. Fucking weak.

Private matches seem to be the way to go still. I can find actual players (not trolls) using the LFG and play good games with them. Not to mention that some groups have mics required.

I'll take a full mic lobby with a host who will stay in game over the gamble that is quickplay.

• Like 1

For some reason, lately, I've had more fun in Quick Play matches.  The last couple of Private Matches I've played have been snooty goofballs that just want to puff out their chests and talk big in front of their buddies...and of course they all think they're comedians.

My last few QP matches have been people that seem to love the game for what it is and work together while keeping with the ambience of the game.

It's hit or miss either way I think.

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Private matches seem to be the way to go still. I can find actual players (not trolls) using the LFG and play good games with them. Not to mention that some groups have mics required.

I'll take a full mic lobby with a host who will stay in game over the gamble that is quickplay.

Well said.  I am glad the community has not made the shift over to quickplay; based on the few who have played it on concsoles, and the many on P.C- it sounds like a toxic environment.  When I search for Private Matches, I filter my search with mic required & adults only.  Solves 98% of the problems associated with quick play.  

• Like 2

Quick matches are a mess right now.

As a survivor, I prefer playing with people that have microphones, and in a quick match, you can't kick people as the host, so there is always a chance that someone will pop up without a mic. At least in a private match, I can kick someone for not having a microphone, or for being an idiot and trying to team kill.

• Like 2

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but so long as public lobbies feature team killing and people without mics, private matches are going to be the way to go if you want to actually have fun playing this game.

• Like 2