IH8YH

Support for Colorblindness

If you ask me, as i am affected by this (soft greens and reds next to each other look totally the same to me), this is an absolute MUST for every game that features even a limited HUD.

the Battlefield franchise has a good approach to this for example. They have multiple options to choose from and every one of them changes the Friend / Squad / Foe colors. 

kOmonaA.png

For me the SQUAD and ENEMY colors look 100% the same to me.....
The Fallout series (or at least Fallout New Vegas and now 4) are perfectly crafted for this as they you chose the color and intensity of your HUD with simple RGB-Sliders. 
The default for Fallout is a glowy green, which for me, desaturates reds for me. So i set my HUD to have a pale blue color and now Reds are much more vibrant.

SO PLEASE PLEASE GunMedia/IllFonic.... think of us people and add this option to the game :)

• Like 1

I have the same problem red/green colour blindness they call it. I was glad when World of Warcraft finally added a colour blind mode as i could never tell the difference between rare and epic items which are blue and purple respectively. They have the words on the item with colour blind mode. So if there's gonna be similar colours in F13 i would like a mode that makes it easier to tell the difference.

I use to do some mods for different colors for HP bars in a fighting game. It was easy to do as the colors were selected using config files that could be opened using notepad (twas source engine).

If it's the same way, I'll gladly take a look around to see if I can show you guys how to do it/do a quick config edit for you guys.

Although again, Idk, haven't had too much modding experience with UE games.

yeah its often no problem on PC to tinker with the game files but on CONSOLES thats just not possible so it needs to be implemented in the game itself right from the start.

• Like 1

Had never considered something like this. Really hope it's something the team can cater for in the game, budget willing.

I'm always up for something like this be implemented in a game, even though I myself am not colour-blind.

Agreed.

If you ask me, as i am affected by this (soft greens and reds next to each other look totally the same to me), this is an absolute MUST for every game that features even a limited HUD.

the Battlefield franchise has a good approach to this for example. They have multiple options to choose from and every one of them changes the Friend / Squad / Foe colors.

kOmonaA.png

For me the SQUAD and ENEMY colors look 100% the same to me.....

The Fallout series (or at least Fallout New Vegas and now 4) are perfectly crafted for this as they you chose the color and intensity of your HUD with simple RGB-Sliders.

The default for Fallout is a glowy green, which for me, desaturates reds for me. So i set my HUD to have a pale blue color and now Reds are much more vibrant.

SO PLEASE PLEASE GunMedia/IllFonic.... think of us people and add this option to the game :)

I couldn't agree more, this is the reason that I don't typically play many multiplayer FPS games because it can be incredibly difficult to identify the enemy unless you're close enough to see the character details.

While looking at accessibility... I really hope that hearing and identifying 3d sound location isn't necessary. Not only do I have deaf friends, I'm mostly deaf in one ear.

I usually play without sound because I work nights, and usually play after my gf has gone to bed, but hope to pickup suitable headphones soon.

Some games, even with captioning are difficult to play because they expect you to react to sound clues.. Like telltale games is really bad with that on the walking dead game. If someone is yelling on the other side of a door, you just don't know it's happening at all.

Don't even get me started on shooter games where you get hit from behind and wouldn't know unless you happen to be watching your health meter.

• Like 1

While looking at accessibility... I really hope that hearing and identifying 3d sound location isn't necessary. Not only do I have deaf friends, I'm mostly deaf in one ear.

I usually play without sound because I work nights, and usually play after my gf has gone to bed, but hope to pickup suitable headphones soon.

I completely understand, I've had a number of deaf friends and family members that have had similar experiences while gaming. I know there will be the Jason music as he gets closer, outside of that I couldn't imagine if there would be any other critical audio tones.

As far as decent headphones, amazon has had several for good prices this weekend. I'd imagine we'll continue seeing them on sale for the next few weeks.

This is definitely something we'll be looking into, but I can't give you a solid yes/no right now. We'll be working heavily on user-interface to give you that feeling of Friday the 13th all-around, while keeping that 80's vibe we've been working on. How that translates into support like this is tough to make a call on, but know that we've got it on our minds and will have an answer on this down the road!

• Like 1

at least dont make HUD blips RED and GREEN :D Red and White or Red and Yellow or something like that.

EDIT: IF something like that actually makes it into the final game... who knows... maybe there wont be a radar or something similar at all

My personal two cents for the color blindness, add in RGB huds and text, that way it's an added customization feature + can help out color blind people for the huds

As for the people who are deaf, I think adding in a mono option might overall work(can't quite remember)

I go deaf from time to time due to various things (bad wax buildup in the ear + sinuses + ear infection) and it really sucks when I try to listen to stereo produced music with music playing a specific direction

Actually, shouldn't there be an option somewhere to force sound to be played mono?

Or specially designed earbuds/headset?

I mean, to be honest with you, if I can find the sound files, I can rip them out, convert them to mono, see how that helps

But given the game usually has some random thing that does sounds based via location, don't think it would help at all

Plus that would still just be PC tweaking, where PS4/X1 tweaking would be riduculous (but still possible arguably)

AND the servers might not like you having slightly different audio files, so if you require the exact same files, well, kinda makes client-side files broken from the get go.

a mono option would make it easier for sure i think.

the problem with partial deafness in a game is though that the game will be harder for people affected by those handicaps simply cause they wont be able to pinpoint the directions a sound comes from via 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. 

to compensate that, maybe there could be an option for "visual aids for partially deaf players" like an subtle indicator on screen that shows you the general direction an interesting or noteworthy sound is coming from.

I'm all for the support of color blindness and visual aides for folks that are hard of hearing. I myself have trouble with certain colors like blue and purple. Some games have made it tough for me because of that. I really do hope they'll add a option for stuff like this.

You could always get the Asus ROG sound radar

not on consoles.

all these wisecracking answers from PC players piss me off cause it doesnt help the problem at all.

Developers need to understands und acknowledge during developement that there are people playing who might not have 100% of their senses working, wether it is eyesight, hearing or whatever could impair someone playing.