Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I know we've all seen people quit at the start of the match because they WEREN'T selected as Jason but now we're getting people who are quitting the match because they WERE selected as Jason.  It seems like it's possible for counselor preference players to get randomly selected by Jason, and that's causing problems on both sides, both reducing the chance that Jason preferred players will get Jason  (and increasing their chance of leaving the match) and makes it so that someone who doesn't want to play Jason gets forced into the role.

No preference players should ONLY get selected as Jason if no Jason preferred players are in the lobby.  Counselor preference players should ONLY get selected as Jason if there are no Jason preferred players OR no "no preference" players.

There's 0 reason for it to be the way it is now which is causing people to leave matches at the start.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish there were a limit how many times you can be Jason per group.  I joined a group today, and the host played as Jason the first and third game.  He should not have been able to be him that soon.  Kind of a sloppy design imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I know we've all seen people quit at the start of the match because they WEREN'T selected as Jason but now we're getting people who are quitting the match because they WERE selected as Jason.  It seems like it's possible for counselor preference players to get randomly selected by Jason, and that's causing problems on both sides, both reducing the chance that Jason preferred players will get Jason  (and increasing their chance of leaving the match) and makes it so that someone who doesn't want to play Jason gets forced into the role.

No preference players should ONLY get selected as Jason if no Jason preferred players are in the lobby.  Counselor preference players should ONLY get selected as Jason if there are no Jason preferred players OR no "no preference" players.

There's 0 reason for it to be the way it is now which is causing people to leave matches at the start.

Lol it seriously doesn't fucking matter. 

Another non-issue literally nobody gives a damn about. 

Leave the random selection as it is. Fix the real issues. 

Some people are just sitting there for hours looking to invent a problem. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Lol it seriously doesn't fucking matter. 

Another non-issue literally nobody gives a damn about. 

Leave the random selection as it is. Fix the real issues. 

Some people are just sitting there for hours looking to invent a problem. 

Yes, it does matter, people leaving right at the start of a match gets complained about by other people and threads made about it on a daily fucking basis.   Go take your fanboy ass out of this thread, you can go make your own fanboy thread about how Gun and Illfonic are the best and this game is perfect and you LOVED Sonic Boom!  I've had 6 matches today alone where the Jason quit game as soon as he knew he was it, it wastes people's time and it wastes a round where someone who WANTED to be Jason could get it.  So you go fuck right off to your Gun and Illfonic are all puppy dogs and ice cream thread, here we're suggesting an improvement to QoL in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I find this issue to be quite irritating, actually. About half my group loves being Jason and the other half loathes it, so while I would certainly rather see the glitches, lack of dedicated servers and dashboarding taken care of first, I would also like to see something along the lines of what the OP suggested implemented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I know we've all seen people quit at the start of the match because they WEREN'T selected as Jason but now we're getting people who are quitting the match because they WERE selected as Jason.  It seems like it's possible for counselor preference players to get randomly selected by Jason, and that's causing problems on both sides, both reducing the chance that Jason preferred players will get Jason  (and increasing their chance of leaving the match) and makes it so that someone who doesn't want to play Jason gets forced into the role.

No preference players should ONLY get selected as Jason if no Jason preferred players are in the lobby.  Counselor preference players should ONLY get selected as Jason if there are no Jason preferred players OR no "no preference" players.

There's 0 reason for it to be the way it is now which is causing people to leave matches at the start.

I agree with this, I made a post on it before they changed it up:

Despite the changes I still believe it should work as you and I have suggested.

I haven't played as Jason in at least 15 matches. My preference is set to Jason. It's frustrating.

4 hours ago, Campkill said:

Lol it seriously doesn't fucking matter. 

Another non-issue literally nobody gives a damn about. 

Leave the random selection as it is. Fix the real issues. 

Some people are just sitting there for hours looking to invent a problem. 

You've mentioned you have a big ego and I know how difficult it is for some folks with big egos to see outside of themself but I would encourage to you to accept that people have thoughts and discussion points outside the realm of what you deem worthy. It's not something that requires your acceptance to exist so you're just going to have to get used it. :P

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I agree with this, I made a post on it before they changed it up:

Despite the changes I still believe it should work as you and I have suggested.

I haven't played as Jason in at least 15 matches. My preference is set to Jason. It's frustrating.

You've mentioned you have a big ego and I know how difficult it is for some folks with big egos to see outside of themself but I would encourage to you to accept that people have thoughts and discussion points outside the realm of what you deem worthy. It's not something that requires your acceptance to exist so you're just going to have to get used it. :P

I'll try. But I'm sorry- there is zero reason to complain about players leaving cus they ARE Jason. 

May as well complain about players who leave to use the bathroom. 

Both cause the same amount of problems in game. 

Next up- Gun Media needs to change the title of the game cus I don't always play on a Friday. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Campkill said:

Lol it seriously doesn't fucking matter. 

Another non-issue literally nobody gives a damn about. 

Leave the random selection as it is. Fix the real issues. 

Some people are just sitting there for hours looking to invent a problem. 

Every post I see of yours, you are getting aggressive over something or somebody. Relax, let people share their thoughts.

I also think the Jason selection is an issue, and in general I don't think anything  purely random belongs in game design. Degrees of randomness, sure, but there needs to also be some degree of expectation for players. Currently you can go several hours without playing Jason, and that really isn't right. Not everyone has that much time to spend.

The preference mechanic was flawed to begin with because it doesn't account for a full lobby of Jason-preferred players, in which case the preference is meaningless.  It almost seems as if the total randomness was a deliberate design to simply keep you playing, in anticipation of getting picked as Jason. I love playing Counselor but the wait times for Jason are often truly ridiculous. Totally acceptable to get frustrated about constantly missing out on a whole other experience in the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Every post I see of yours, you are getting aggressive over something or somebody. Relax, let people share their thoughts.

I also think the Jason selection is an issue, and in general I don't think anything  purely random belongs in game design. Degrees of randomness, sure, but there needs to also be some degree of expectation for players. Currently you can go several hours without playing Jason, and that really isn't right. Not everyone has that much time to spend.

The preference mechanic was flawed to begin with because it doesn't account for a full lobby of Jason-preferred players, in which case the preference is meaningless.  It almost seems as if the total randomness was a deliberate design to simply keep you playing, in anticipation of getting picked as Jason. I love playing Counselor but the wait times for Jason are often truly ridiculous. Totally acceptable to get frustrated about constantly missing out on a whole other experience in the game.

First off. I'm not aggressive. I simply rebuke nonsense claims. You want to let hostile posts towards Gun Media or this game go unchecked, be my guest. 

Lastly/ there is ZERO wrong with the character select process. You have a 1 in 8 chance of being Jason per game. Unless others do not prefer Jason, then your chances go up. 

It's pretty straight forward and works perfectly. 

But by all means- let's demand this changes while Gun attends to REAL issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest not letting Campkill get to you, and just finding him hilarious, as I do. 

If it helps, think of him as this video, given human form:

TL;DR - I love you Campkill - you just do you, and don't ever change!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Campkill said:

First off. I'm not aggressive. I simply rebuke nonsense claims. You want to let hostile posts towards Gun Media or this game go unchecked, be my guest. 

Lastly/ there is ZERO wrong with the character select process. You have a 1 in 8 chance of being Jason per game. Unless others do not prefer Jason, then your chances go up. 

It's pretty straight forward and works perfectly. 

What are you on about? How are any of these posts hostile towards Gun Media? If you're happy with the game as is then great, but don't discourage others from making suggestions seeing as this is the suggestions / feedback forum.

Leaving it there, not going to argue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

What are you on about? How are any of these posts hostile towards Gun Media? If you're happy with the game as is then great, but don't discourage others from making suggestions seeing as this is the suggestions / feedback forum.

Leaving it there, not going to argue.

You silly goose. I'm talking about what you said- that "every time I post I'm aggressive". 

Since I wasn't aggressive here, you big softy you, I assumed you meant the posts that I made kicking the shit out of whiners and cheaters. 

Not gunna argue?! Sweet. Cus arguing is lame. I'm into that hug stuff. 

Hugs sugar booger! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally had a match as Jason. I went at least 20 without. :mellow:

Results of the match:

  • Kill 4
  • Kill another 2 but they quit mid-kill animation so no XP
  • 1 Suicide

Lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Finally had a match as Jason. I went at least 20 without. :mellow:

Results of the match:

  • Kill 4
  • Kill another 2 but they quit mid-kill animation so no XP
  • 1 Suicide

Lame.

Fake news.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Finally had a match as Jason. I went at least 20 without. :mellow:

Results of the match:

  • Kill 4
  • Kill another 2 but they quit mid-kill animation so no XP
  • 1 Suicide

Lame.

Just played a whole night. 

Was jason 5 times. Killed lots. No crashes. No cheaters. One team kill. Great night. Met lots of fun players. 

Kinda like every single time I pop this game in. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Just played a whole night. 

Was jason 5 times. Killed lots. No crashes. No cheaters. One team kill. Great night. Met lots of fun players. 

Kinda like every single time I pop this game in. 

 

I don't think anyone is debating whether or not you're having positive experiences, they're sharing their own. You've made it generally clear that you've had an overall positive experience. As I mentioned in a previous post, your experiences are limited to yourself.

I played about 3 hours (PS4) tonight, some of my experiences from memory:

  • No cheaters
  • Maybe two suicides altogether
  • One match someone tried to sell folks out to Jason but Jason killed them
  • Connection timed out while in lobby after a match
  • Host left match at least twice, maybe more
  • Had one match that was 1 vs. 1, Jason got me pretty quickly
  • Multiple people leaving after Jason selected
  • Generally only took a minute to find a lobby, put in a couple of empty ones but was able to find another within a couple minutes
  • One racist, they left when confronted after match
  • Played as Jason in my final match, played at least 9 matches including the host leaving matches
  • Left a lobby because all pings were 300-400
  • Mostly half-full lobbies, a few full

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I don't think anyone is debating whether or not you're having positive experiences, they're sharing their own. You've made it generally clear that you've had an overall positive experience. As I mentioned in a previous post, your experiences are limited to yourself.

I played about 3 hours (PS4) tonight, some of my experiences from memory:

  • No cheaters
  • Maybe two suicides altogether
  • One match someone tried to sell folks out to Jason but Jason killed them
  • Connection timed out while in lobby after a match
  • Host left match at least twice, maybe more
  • Had one match that was 1 vs. 1, Jason got me pretty quickly
  • Multiple people leaving after Jason selected
  • Generally only took a minute to find a lobby, put in a couple of empty ones but was able to find another within a couple minutes
  • One racist, they left when confronted after match
  • Played as Jason in my final match, played at least 9 matches including the host leaving matches
  • Left a lobby because all pings were 300-400
  • Mostly half-full lobbies, a few full

Oh I see. We can only share bad experiences. My bad. Didn't mean to post my positive experience. 

Ill only post complaints from now on. 

Forgive me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Oh I see. We can only share bad experiences. My bad. Didn't mean to post my positive experience. 

Ill only post complaints from now on. 

Forgive me. 

I didn't say that.

You've shared your positive experiences multiple times in multiple threads. The OP of this thread shared a negative experience, you countered with your positive experiences, other members agreed with the OP more so, then you got pissy.

Twisting my post into a deformed narrative of you being a victim because others disagree with you is stupid. You're smarter than that, I hope. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I didn't say that.

You've shared your positive experiences multiple times in multiple threads. The OP of this thread shared a negative experience, you countered with your positive experiences, other members agreed with the OP more so, then you got pissy.

Twisting my post into a deformed narrative of you being a victim because others disagree with you is stupid. You're smarter than that. :P

Sir...nowhere did I get pissy lol. 

You fucking guys are adorable. 

If people don't cry, whine and complain like entitled children over small bits of spilt milk- they must be attacked and called pissy. 

Its too cute. 

Hows this to get you feverish- the game has minor problems to be fixed. The player base has dropped very slightly compared to most games, and Gun hasn't been silent in the least (they been tweeting all week). 

Sorry boss, but the game is good and doing well. Just a small handful of whiners getting upset over basic issues. Nothing more. 

Hugs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Sir...nowhere did I get pissy lol. 

You fucking guys are adorable. 

If people don't cry, whine and complain like entitled children over small bits of spilt milk- they must be attacked and called pissy. 

Its too cute. 

Hows this to get you feverish- the game has minor problems to be fixed. The player base has dropped very slightly compared to most games, and Gun hasn't been silent in the least (they been tweeting all week). 

Sorry boss, but the game is good and doing well. Just a small handful of whiners getting upset over basic issues. Nothing more. 

Hugs!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you don't think it's a problem at all, that people who absolutely don't want to play as Jason and quit the match as soon as they're selected to be Jason, while people who prefer to be Jason spend hours at a time not getting a chance to play him and quitting out on matches that they're not selected?

If 3 people leave a match at the start because they weren't selected as Jason that match is basically handed over to Jason wiping the last 4 people in short order with no objectives completed unless they're so bad at Jason that they don't have the necessary skills needed to wipe a group as him (a pulse and a body temperature somewhere in the 90's.  I bet Stephen Hawking, who can barely move his hands could 8/8 a quickplay match), that game is basically broken, and if the Jason refuses to play as Jason that just ends the match, which is basically game breaking, it's just like the game crashing or host quitting, except you get 551 xp, it usually kills the lobby and sends you back to quick play searching.

I'd say this ranks in priority right behind the homerun glitch, the keys/fuse in the floor glitch, the person hiding under the bed with needed parts and dying glitch, and host migration, because it's also a "game over" issue and prevents people from playing when it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

So you don't think it's a problem at all, that people who absolutely don't want to play as Jason and quit the match as soon as they're selected to be Jason, while people who prefer to be Jason spend hours at a time not getting a chance to play him and quitting out on matches that they're not selected?

If 3 people leave a match at the start because they weren't selected as Jason that match is basically handed over to Jason wiping the last 4 people in short order with no objectives completed unless they're so bad at Jason that they don't have the necessary skills needed to wipe a group as him (a pulse and a body temperature somewhere in the 90's.  I bet Stephen Hawking, who can barely move his hands could 8/8 a quickplay match), that game is basically broken, and if the Jason refuses to play as Jason that just ends the match, which is basically game breaking, it's just like the game crashing or host quitting, except you get 551 xp, it usually kills the lobby and sends you back to quick play searching.

I'd say this ranks in priority right behind the homerun glitch, the keys/fuse in the floor glitch, the person hiding under the bed with needed parts and dying glitch, and host migration, because it's also a "game over" issue and prevents people from playing when it happens.

No. What I'm saying is- out of hundreds of games I've played I've never once seen someone leave cus they are Jason. And I'm doubting you ever have either. 

Even if you did, it couldn't be more than a handful of times. 

Youre complaining about a non-issue. Like you usually do. 

People leaving cus they don't want to be Jason!? HAHAHAHA. oh yah. All the time. Suuuuure. Lol. Adorable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...