I Hate Spectate

When will we see these game breaking bugs fixed?

2 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

You say that, and back in the 80's and 90's Developers did NOT release games in this state.

This alone tells me you weren't around then. The fact of the matter is that at that time a lot of games came out completely broken and the real kick in the nuts is that they stayed that way. I played a lot of games back then that weren't possible to finish due to game breaking bugs and random glitches that meant you had to start over and hope that you didn't get the same bug and some were just broken. It didn't matter what you did.

Get over yourself and give these guys time.

• Like 1

xbox wont update it, it breaks more things than it fixes, so its being denied from what i have seen around

14 minutes ago, Valaquenta said:

xbox wont update it, it breaks more things than it fixes, so its being denied from what i have seen around

Yup so that means Xbox is still playing the Beta

4 hours ago, Valaquenta said:

im honestly glad we can body block jasons traps to fix things because otherwise they just get stuck in the ground 

So you're fine with exploits? Ok then. Hopefully someone catches you on video or gets a screenshot of you body blocking and reports you. 

2 hours ago, DEATH said:

This alone tells me you weren't around then. The fact of the matter is that at that time a lot of games came out completely broken and the real kick in the nuts is that they stayed that way. I played a lot of games back then that weren't possible to finish due to game breaking bugs and random glitches that meant you had to start over and hope that you didn't get the same bug and some were just broken. It didn't matter what you did.

Games on cartridges that were broken didn't sell, because they weren't getting patched, they were forever broken and that publisher was considered trash and nobody bought their games and frankly, the console manufacturers inspected games for quality and Nintendo at least used lockout chips to prevent unauthorized games from being played on their console, so those devs that made truly crappy games that didn't work, had to piggyback onto actual games to be played.

3 hours ago, JPops said:

Remarks like that are a no go. You may disagree but do so respectfully. You have been told this in the past. I expect that I do not need to remind you to behave yourself while on the forum.

I'm not sorry, blatantly sucking up and brown nosing the developers deserves to get called out.

6 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Games on cartridges that were broken didn't sell, because they weren't getting patched, they were forever broken and that publisher was considered trash and nobody bought their games and frankly, the console manufacturers inspected games for quality and Nintendo at least used lockout chips to prevent unauthorized games from being played on their console, so those devs that made truly crappy games that didn't work, had to piggyback onto actual games to be played.

I'm not sorry, blatantly sucking up and brown nosing the developers deserves to get called out.

Wrong again. Almost every single cartridge game came with mistakes that allowed you to break the game. 

You seriously must be too young to remember or know the cartridge life. 

Just now, Campkill said:

Wrong again. Almost every single cartridge game came with mistakes that allowed you to break the game. 

You seriously must be too young to remember or know the cartridge life. 

I never remembered any game breaking bugs in NES cartridges.  There were intentional secrets, like using the 2nd gamepad to let Mega Man jump ridiculously high or make the game play in slow motion in Mega Man III, but nothing that crashed the game or made it incompletable outside of dirt on the contacts that needed to be blown out.

Just now, I Hate Spectate said:

I never remembered any game breaking bugs in NES cartridges.  There were intentional secrets, like using the 2nd gamepad to let Mega Man jump ridiculously high or make the game play in slow motion in Mega Man III, but nothing that crashed the game or made it incompletable outside of dirt on the contacts that needed to be blown out.

If u don't remember NES games crashing- you are not a NES kid. Period. 

Losing months of saved game data was a norm bud. 

8 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Can you Morph or Shift back to the map? 

It depends on the duration of the stun. If it is a particularly short stun, you MAY come out of it and land in the water or random pieces of land that are under the map or spam morph until you can teleport before you die. Most of the time the stun is too long and you keep flying for as long as the stun lasts.

5 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Name a game with a reproducible bug, and no I don't mean dirt on the contacts, which is what I'm betting it is.

3 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

I play it anytime I escape or get killed by Jason

Glad I'm not the only one :)

2 hours ago, DEATH said:

Which NES games were you playing that were broken back then? I know of a few.

32 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Would you mind naming 2 or 3 game examples that were "broken" from that time frame?

9 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Name a game with a reproducible bug, and no I don't mean dirt on the contacts, which is what I'm betting it is.

First let's forget that ALL kids of the 80s n 90s can tell you of old game glitches. 

Second lets ignore there are over 100,000 Hits on google for "old school Nintendo bugs". 

Lets just ask...WHAT THE FUCK are you talking about!?

9 hours ago, Arcanecynic said:

Key items falling through the map, becoming inaccessible to other players, preventing things like fixing the phone box, using pocket knives that dead counselors dropped, healing yourself with a health spray from a dead counselor - These are ALPHA level bugs, how the ^&*@!# are these things still present in a "Final Release"!!!!!!

Rant over.

I am fed up, and to be brutally honest, it irritates the $%^& out of me to even have to write this, since I absolutely love this game, but for Daler Mehndi's sake Gun Media and Illfonic, please fix your shit, so we can do what we love, which is murder innocent counselors who want nothing more than to open large amounts of cabin drawers! 

Thats the one that hurts me the most when playing this game and it rob me from escaping.:(

13 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Anybody still play this classic game?

Every once in a blue moon I fire it up. I was never part of the crowd that hated it.

6 hours ago, Super Ty said:

Every once in a blue moon I fire it up. I was never part of the crowd that hated it.

Same here. Play on... :)

16 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Glad I'm not the only one :)

Which NES games were you playing that were broken back then? I know of a few.

Would you mind naming 2 or 3 game examples that were "broken" from that time frame?

Only ones I can think of are those that were unauthorized by Nintendo, the company Color Dreams comes to mind but because their games were so awful Nintendo wouldn't even license them, they had to bypass the lockout chip and people still didn't buy their games because they were so bad and glitchy and in cases uncompletable.  They changed themselves to Wisdom Tree and made bible themed games to get some sales in Christian Book Stores to religious parents who didn't care if the games were good just that they promoted their religion (my next door neighbors being victims of some of those)

The other "glitchy" game I mentioned, Mega Man 3, those seemed like intentional developer debug mode inputs, rather than glitches, they just weren't taken out.

16 hours ago, Campkill said:

First let's forget that ALL kids of the 80s n 90s can tell you of old game glitches. 

Second lets ignore there are over 100,000 Hits on google for "old school Nintendo bugs". 

Lets just ask...WHAT THE FUCK are you talking about!?

I gave a specific example, why can't you?

14 hours ago, JasonKILLER said:

Thats the one that hurts me the most when playing this game and it rob me from escaping.:(

That's another gamebreaking one I guess, though it's not as apparent because it doesn't end the match it just makes the match much harder to win, the worst I've seen is a vanessa wearing the sweater who apparently had the keys, fuse, and propeller and then went under a bed and Jason killed her.  

So that cut off literally every victory condition,   Either a master troll or someone working with Jason but you can't really prove that.

22 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

You say that, and back in the 80's and 90's Developers did NOT release games in this state.  So you can fuck right off with your "millennial hate" bullshit, making excuses for developers who release broken games wasn't tolerated in Gen X either, when we bought games they weren't supposed to have glitches, because they didn't get patched, so they actually had to QA the shit out of them BEFORE release.  Now the "millennial" developers think it's okay to push out a half ass mess as a retail product for full price and say "we'll patch it later"

Both of the generations you speak of didn't have the option to patch so they had to be glitch free in order to release. That's also why higher end games took 4 years to complete a lot of the time. Those games also had less code in their entire cartridge than most games have in a single map now a days so less bugs could occur. Not sure if you've ever coded anything, but the complexity involved with even making a character move around in and interact with a 3 dimensional world is way more difficult than making a character move on a 2 dimensional plane like games in the 80's and early 90's did. Honestly it just seems like you're looking at the old days through rose colored glasses. Broken games didn't just starting happening in the days of modems and hard drives. The 1980's and 90's had plenty of shitty, broken titles. Hell, Angry Video Game Nerd has made a career out of covering those titles. 

17 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

LJN and Acclaim are just two examples of companies that succeeding in selling bad games for well over a decade during those days... Acclaim survived for almost four console generations releasing such top notch hits as Rambo (NES), Total Recall (NES), Legends of Wrestling (PS2), WWF Warzone (N64,PSX), NFL QB Club (Multi), South Park (N64), and Forsaken (N64,PSX). Both companies released licensed garbage for years cause it was easy to quickly produce something loosely connected to the IP and usually guaranteed to sell at least enough to turn a profit.

Also, the fact that you try to use the Official Nintendo Seal just kills any creditability your argument has. Anyone with a decent knowledge of video game history knows that all the Nintendo Seal of Approval meant is that the game developer paid Nintendo their licensing fees. The only thing Nintendo checked for was that the games had met quality control standards in terms of basic programming and that the games would be suitable for the entire family and thus free of objectionable content. So basically as long as it booted up and didn't have anything adult themed, it got the go ahead. That's why games like Fist of the North Star, X-Men, Where's Waldo, and Heroes of the Lance were able to obtain approval even though they're barely playable.  

The whole reason non-licensed games like the Wisdom Tree titles and Tengen Tetris existed is because some coders found a way to get around Nintendo's lockout chip that is installed into every NES and they used that work around to avoid paying Nintendo their cut of the money and avoid having to agree to Nintendo's very oppressive licensing terms. The seal of approval from Nintendo was worth about as much as an I.O.U. from a drug addict back then. Here's some info if you want to study up on the history of Nintendo's monopoly back then. http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality

• Like 1

The Seal of Approval meant that the game would at least function, and wouldn't be in a state like this game currently is, which is a beta test for $40  They should have delayed launch until October, because frankly that's how much polish this game needs.

6 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

The Seal of Approval meant that the game would at least function, and wouldn't be in a state like this game currently is, which is a beta test for $40  They should have delayed launch until October, because frankly that's how much polish this game needs.

Again you are overly wrong. Nintendo glitches, exploits and game breaking bugs were plentiful in the 80s and 90s. 

The fact you are arguing against this well know fact shows you are absolutely clueless on the original consoles and the broken games they supported. 

Seriously man. Are you even kidding?

10 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Again you are overly wrong. Nintendo glitches, exploits and game breaking bugs were plentiful in the 80s and 90s. 

The fact you are arguing against this well know fact shows you are absolutely clueless on the original consoles and the broken games they supported. 

Seriously man. Are you even kidding?

Specific examples or shut up, you defend them way too much, they're not paying you.

5 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Specific examples or shut up, you defend them way too much, they're not paying you.

Google NES bugs. There are thousands of pages and vids. Jesus man. 

Defend too much? What's my alternative? Whine bitch and cry? Sorry bro. I'm not like some folks here. I'm impressed with the game. I'm having fun with the game. 

Im sorry you have a new complaint every day. I have zero complaints. 

PS- don't tell me to shut up. It's hard enough not tearing you apart verbally. 

7 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Google NES bugs. There are thousands of pages and vids. Jesus man. 

Defend too much? What's my alternative? Whine bitch and cry? Sorry bro. I'm not like some folks here. I'm impressed with the game. I'm having fun with the game. 

Im sorry you have a new complaint every day. I have zero complaints. 

PS- don't tell me to shut up. It's hard enough not tearing you apart verbally. 

Okay since you can't give a specific example please zip your lips, or tape your fingers together so you can't type or whatever, you have nothing to bring to this conversation except blind fanboy defense.

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Here's some info if you want to study up on the history of Nintendo's monopoly back then. http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality

This was a good read. Thanks for the history lesson Ralph.

18 hours ago, Campkill said:

I remember those days all too well.

1 hour ago, I Hate Spectate said:

The other "glitchy" game I mentioned, Mega Man 3, those seemed like intentional developer debug mode inputs, rather than glitches, they just weren't taken out.

Sometimes the developers forget to take stuff out. These become "cheats" that get published online, and then everyone knows about them.

9 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

You're pretty hard on the developers. You wouldn't happen to be a programmer yourself, would you? While we are on the subject, if you were working on this particular game, how would you "fix" it?

18 hours ago, Campkill said:

I don't think Sega ever had any bugs.

I remember playing mortal kombat, all the sonics, road rash and a Mickey Mouse game that started in black and white.

There was another game, it was cartoon like with a guy escaping into a jungle and finding a holographic cube and having to avoid aliens with machine guns while jumping from platform to platform. 

Anyway, point is I never experienced any glitches with those. 

But to be fair I never ever got far enough to find any. ? 

Thank god we have saves now. ?