Sign in to follow this  
FreddyKruegerfan66

Please change the way the phone works. + Suggestion.

Hey Gun. 

So, I have an idea since a lot of us are annoyed by insane trapping usage near the phone, although we ( I) are forced to do it ourselves due to how fast the cops can arrive and matches end. 

Could you possibly change the phone mechanic so instead of having counselors escape immediately, upon calling the cops, a police car arrives, drives in to the area, and 2 dead players will be brought back to life as cops within it. They will both be armed. Furthermore, the police car can contain 4 people and can of course be used to escape with. 

Furthermore the cop players should have incentive to help their teammates as police officers. So they could get a 500+ bonus for being in the police car if it escapes with a counselor player or more. Let alone shooting jason, defending them.

The "my dad is a cop" perk will be removed and the deadline is upped to around 8 minutes more or less. To give Jason a chance to kill someone but also to prevent him facing legit resistance so early in the match.

Reasons for this idea?

1: Friday part 6. When Jason arrived at Crystal Lake and began killing counselors, the cops arrived. No counselors escaped, instead the cops began investigating and all ended up killed.  So this is more realistic / accurate based on the films. 

2: The phone is the most dangerous kill zone for both couselors and Jason alike. If you play counselor and see that you spawned next to it as the match begins, your initial words are: "Are you F'ing serious?" Then you hear the VCR static sound and murder music plays. Jason is knocking on the door. RIP. 

For Jason its the same way. He wants to trap that phone immediately and excessively because he doesn't wanna chase people towards the cops after 3 minutes which is incredibly difficult if counselors play well and have high stamina characters.  Let alone the fact that there are 7. If they work together with weapons Jason may as well just quit right there. 

Which brings me to part 3.

3: If the phone is called within the 1st 5 minutes Jason players tend to give up immediately and the game ends. Because the experienced players know that they are screwed. 

I'd personally like to see this for no other reason than it is a  extremely accurate portrayal of the movies. Being part 6.

Idk about this, sure it's more accurate to the movies but this isn't a movie, it's a game. The game has to be balanced for everyone so no one has an advantage. I feel like your idea just complicates everything. I could be wrong, maybe this idea would make the game more fun, or it'll break everything. Can't know for sure. 

I agree about spawning in as a counselor and getting unlucky being right next to the phone or a car, but that's just how the game goes you know? I've spawned by the car and phone dozens of times but sometimes you play against a Jason who doesn't plan ahead and wastes time chasing the "wrong" players. 

It's hard to run away from Jason and keep him at bay, but it's not impossible. I'm very good at avoiding Jason so I don't mind it anymore. When I play as Jason I actually just teleport away from people after chasing them for too long. It's easy to get distracted by one counselor while everyone else is busy escaping. As Jason you have to pay attention to everyone so no one escapes. Player skill, perks, and Luck all play a factor here and for those reasons I don't think they need to change anything. 

• Like 1

The counselors should know where the phone is on the map. It's an old land line, its not moving around. It's at their work, they'd know where it is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

Idk about this, sure it's more accurate to the movies but this isn't a movie, it's a game. The game has to be balanced for everyone so no one has an advantage. I feel like your idea just complicates everything. I could be wrong, maybe this idea would make the game more fun, or it'll break everything. Can't know for sure. 

I agree about spawning in as a counselor and getting unlucky being right next to the phone or a car, but that's just how the game goes you know? I've spawned by the car and phone dozens of times but sometimes you play against a Jason who doesn't plan ahead and wastes time chasing the "wrong" players. 

It's hard to run away from Jason and keep him at bay, but it's not impossible. I'm very good at avoiding Jason so I don't mind it anymore. When I play as Jason I actually just teleport away from people after chasing them for too long. It's easy to get distracted by one counselor while everyone else is busy escaping. As Jason you have to pay attention to everyone so no one escapes. Player skill, perks, and Luck all play a factor here and for those reasons I don't think they need to change anything. 

My idea is no more complicated than calling Tommy jarvis. 

Player skill, luck, perks, whatever doesn't remotely matter if you start the game and 5 seconds later jason appears directly infront of you because you were unlucky enough to spawn directly beside the phone or car. Counselors are supposed to run into houses and check them. Barricade them. With the phone house... you just wanna get the hell away immediately unless you got the repair item. Thats just ridiculous. That that particular house just radiates fear and death. 

Your excuse that " Thats just how the game works" can literally be said about every single bad or broken idea in any game ever. Just because its there now, doesn't mean its good for the game. And giving counselors an actual chance to play the game should be a priority. Bad spawns aren't just something that happens. Its a legitimate problem in any game. Because nobody wants to start a game only to die after 5 seconds due to " Sorry. You're near a key objective" But anyway. I'm not one to conform to things that act as cheap game over's. Let alone shift grabs... 

Furthermore this idea wouldn't break anything. It would remove a kill zone and work around changing bad spawns to some degree because the phone would no longer be dangerous. In no Friday movie ever have calling the cops been the ultimate solution. Like I said above. Jason killed the cops. They worked as a distraction. But weren't gods that could just keep him at bay forever. 

Sure, this is a game, not a movie. But does that mean we should make it less like the movies? Well, then. To that I reply: What is the point then... in making a video game about Friday the 13th. 

Just my thoughts. As it stands right now, the phone is equally as helpful as it is spiking your chances of being murdered. Which is just sad to me, because I dont recall remotely seeing Jason camp the phone in the movies because god like cops would seemingly be a problem for him. 

Game balance or not, I find it extremely silly and puts unnecessary pressure on both jason as well as the counselors. He's supposed to kill them. Not chop a phone box to pieces over and over, monitoring it as if the counselors stole his Iphone. 

If you spawn near the phone or car, do what I do.  Jog away from the area and go somewhere else for the time being.  It's tough if you don't find a map early on, but most of the time I'm able to find other cabins that are away from the points of interest, then as the game progresses I'll circle back there to scope it out.

The best way to beat Jason is to think like a good one.  The first place they will morph is to the phone box, vehicles and power generators.  Just like in real life, bad luck can strike and it won't matter how safe you try to play it.  I've had Jason Morph within grabbing distance of me at the start of a match before.  

To implement the new cop/player scenario would take a while to iron out because it IS more complicated than calling Tommy Jarvis.  The players load in as cops, how many shots are they allowed per gun?  I know the 80s was over 30 years ago but cops back then had more than one bullet. To give the cop players multiple shots would be too OP'd, and what will happen if a toxic team killing player is elected a cop?  Just more team killing scum to deal with.

In all honestly to make it more like the movies, counselors should survive rarely.  Give or take I'd say I escape no more than 30% of the time, and that's still on the high side of things compared to the movies.  

• Like 1

I don't think the cop mechanic is broken. It serves as a way for counselors to escape. And, if a Jason quits because the cops are called within the first 5 minutes, it is because he/ or she is not confident in his/her game skills. I have been Jason when the cops were called within the first 3 or 4 minutes, and was still able to kill 5 or 6 counselors. And, I am a bad Jason. I am much more comfortable as a counselor. It is only my opinion, but I do not think it is something that should be changed. Although, your idea is interesting, it would add a different dynamic. I just don't think the Devs are going to make such a drastic change.

1 hour ago, Jasonsbff said:

If you spawn near the phone or car, do what I do.  Jog away from the area and go somewhere else for the time being.  It's tough if you don't find a map early on, but most of the time I'm able to find other cabins that are away from the points of interest, then as the game progresses I'll circle back there to scope it out.

The best way to beat Jason is to think like a good one.  The first place they will morph is to the phone box, vehicles and power generators.  Just like in real life, bad luck can strike and it won't matter how safe you try to play it.  I've had Jason Morph within grabbing distance of me at the start of a match before.  

To implement the new cop/player scenario would take a while to iron out because it IS more complicated than calling Tommy Jarvis.  The players load in as cops, how many shots are they allowed per gun?  I know the 80s was over 30 years ago but cops back then had more than one bullet. To give the cop players multiple shots would be too OP'd, and what will happen if a toxic team killing player is elected a cop?  Just more team killing scum to deal with.

In all honestly to make it more like the movies, counselors should survive rarely.  Give or take I'd say I escape no more than 30% of the time, and that's still on the high side of things compared to the movies.  

Simple solution to adding his idea with 2 cops with 6 rounds in their revolvers, would be the same solution for making Tommy spawn with 4 or 5 rounds in his shotgun... eliminate friendly fire altogether. That way the heroes trying to come help the counselors could do their jobs... as if idiots were in control of them could only shoot at Jason, not the counselors. The game would then be less toxic, as the only other thing you'd have to worry about in the game would be morons that try to help Jason (but they can be reported, so sooner or later that would cease).

11 hours ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

2: The phone is the most dangerous kill zone for both couselors and Jason alike. If you play counselor and see that you spawned next to it as the match begins, your initial words are: "Are you F'ing serious?" Then you hear the VCR static sound and murder music plays. Jason is knocking on the door. RIP. 

If you spawn next to the phone, just hide in the house.

As Jason's sense is not available at the very beginning, he won't spot you.

(Done this many time)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wildthing73 said:

Simple solution to adding his idea with 2 cops with 6 rounds in their revolvers, would be the same solution for making Tommy spawn with 4 or 5 rounds in his shotgun... eliminate friendly fire altogether. That way the heroes trying to come help the counselors could do their jobs... as if idiots were in control of them could only shoot at Jason, not the counselors. The game would then be less toxic, as the only other thing you'd have to worry about in the game would be morons that try to help Jason (but they can be reported, so sooner or later that would cease).

I personally like friendly-fire.  I know it sucks when jerks abuse it, but having that sort of realism makes the game much more fun and intense for me.  You have to be more strategic about where and when to attack Jason after he grabs somebody.

I hosted a game yesterday and I came back as Tommy Jarvis.  I attempted to save a counselor by shooting Jason, but unfortunately he noticed me taking aim and turned my teammate's body towards me as I shot, using him as a shield.  I felt awful, but most people were laughing their asses off because they knew it was an accident.  Situations like that happen and most people can laugh it off, adding to the fun factor.  

But as far as making it more like the movies, I don't believe counselors need an increased chance at surviving.  The majority always died in the movies.

Having two players with 12 shots to use between them with no friendly-fire makes it incredibly effective in stunning Jason multiple times.  Jason won't be stopping anyone if he gets stunned a dozen times on their way out, which gives too much of an advantage to the counselors.  Not to mention to the players that still have their pocket knives, firecrackers, flare gun....etc

I'm not saying that adding new content is a bad thing, overall I think the game would be more exciting with more playable heros, but Jason should always have the upper hand in terms of balance otherwise it'd be less like the movies.

23 minutes ago, Jasonsbff said:

I personally like friendly-fire.  I know it sucks when jerks abuse it, but having that sort of realism makes the game much more fun and intense for me.  You have to be more strategic about where and when to attack Jason after he grabs somebody.

I hosted a game yesterday and I came back as Tommy Jarvis.  I attempted to save a counselor by shooting Jason, but unfortunately he noticed me taking aim and turned my teammate's body towards me as I shot, using him as a shield.  I felt awful, but most people were laughing their asses off because they knew it was an accident.  Situations like that happen and most people can laugh it off, adding to the fun factor.  

But as far as making it more like the movies, I don't believe counselors need an increased chance at surviving.  The majority always died in the movies.

Having two players with 12 shots to use between them with no friendly-fire makes it incredibly effective in stunning Jason multiple times.  Jason won't be stopping anyone if he gets stunned a dozen times on their way out, which gives too much of an advantage to the counselors.  Not to mention to the players that still have their pocket knives, firecrackers, flare gun....etc

I'm not saying that adding new content is a bad thing, overall I think the game would be more exciting with more playable heros, but Jason should always have the upper hand in terms of balance otherwise it'd be less like the movies.

I like the realism too, but when shit heads are going to exploit it and attack their fellow counselors with melee weapons or shoot them with the shotgun... something needs to be done.  And as I mentioned many times before on here, you can save a counselor from Jason's grip easily without killing them by shooting at Jason's kneecaps.

Also, they could make the pistols only able to stun Jason if they shoot him in the head, just like in part 6 when he was shot multiple times in the chest and it didn't even phase him, but the head shot did slightly stun him... but it shouldn't stun him as bad as a shotgun blast to his head.  I'd also like to see a shot gun blast to Jason's chest knock him to the ground like it did in part 6.

3 hours ago, Neonseraphim said:

I think is fine the way it is.

Same.

I don't get why we have all these arm chair developers coming in after the fact expecting sweeping changes to the game.

6 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Same.

I don't get why we have all these arm chair developers coming in after the fact expecting sweeping changes to the game.

Aren't we touchy feeling?... 

The reason I as well as others are bringing it up are because of the fact that this mechanic is ridiculous. Want an example?

Game starts, jason goes to the phone, plants 1-2 traps. 

he then goes hunting. Then he hears a trap. He immediately teleports back. grabs the player and kills it. He uses sense to look around, then teleports away again. Finds a counselor near the car and begins to chase. But tada... another trap sound is heard. He teleports BACK to the phone AGAIN, kills the counselor stuck in the trap. Places a new trap. Then he teleports back to the car, looks for players. He sees via sense that someone is in the house, he smashes down the door and tada! He hears that someone failed repairing the phone. Then teleporting BACK to the phone again and killing the counselor. Places a new trap. Back to the car again. The couselors are gone. About 1 minute passes and then Jason spots someone running to the car with gas. He chases them down but just as he's getting close. Tada... hears trap go off near phone again. Jason teleports directly back to the phone AGAIN and hunts down the counselor, but this time the counselor isn't wounded. So they initiate a hunt where the counselor runs in circles around the dinner table inside, as someone ouside repairs the phone. Then jason shifts outside, and destroys the phone but the repair guy is gone. Then he goes back inside and continues going in circles to kill this priority target. He eventually gets the guy and goes back outside, places his final trap and goes back to the car. He sees 2 guys are trying to get in. He kills 1 and just as he is chasing the other with the car keys, TADA:..the trap goes off and someone is repairing the phone. 

Jason is now in this " Fuck....what do I do" state of mind. RIsk the cops getting here in 3 minutes ? Or teleport there, and risk the guys in the car escaping. 

I hope this paints a clear picture... of how insanely immersion breaking this phone and its mechanic is. It pulls Jason away from his hunt because if he tries to hunt down people, he will just end up losing the game when some god mode cops appear and gun him down over and over, allowing counselors to escape with ease. 

And this is not an overblown story or unrealistic. This happens.... every single day.... with experienced jason players.

I do it myself. Why wouldn't I? If that phone gets repaired and Im against a very good team then I wont get easy kills within 10 seconds that'll render the phonecall irrelevant. I'll need time, and thats why the phone is so dangerous and thus insanely prioritised by Jason. Why you see people with posts complaining about trapping usage, about lack of pocket knives etc. Its all boiling down to this one mechanic where people pick Jason part 2 and place all 7 traps around that phone because they'd rather chase down a car than hear that phonecall. 

So critisise all you want, dude. Bottomline is this. This is a game based on a film franchise. A game, yes, but be that as it may, straying too far from the source material ruins things. And I dont ever recall a Friday movie where counselors were working their butts off to repair the phone whilst jason were killing them around it because he was panicking at the thought of the cops arriving. 

Again... Part 6. 

Last note: I've been in matches where I spawned inside of the phone house, and have found the repair item inside as well. That means I can repair the phone and call the cops with a 3 minute perk in less than 1 minute. That means the cops will arrive before 5 minutes have passed in the game, out of 20. 

That gives Jason roughly 6-7 minutes depending on runtime to the cops to kill the entire team. 13 minutes before it ends, 3-4 minutes before rage mode. 

If you can't understand how broken.... that is. How silly and unfair it is to the Jason player if he doesn't jump to that phonebox immediately... and keep a sharp eye on it, then nevermind. I can't explain it any better. 

The problem isn't calling the cops. The problem is that you can escape immediately if it happens, rather than something else happening that balances out the situation.

Probably an easier solution might be to change the spawn locations for counselors and make it so the phone fuse can literally spawn in any cluster on the map. It is the best out option for everyone, so you could make it spawn in a larger radius. I don't mind the idea of cops arriving on scene, but this may be an idea the Devs will have to look into later. So much other stuff to fix and do atm.

Two things.

1. The time limit is debateable given that you never know which side of the map they will come from a shorter  limit provides some more reliable chances of escape.

2. If you increased the time limit they should know where on the map the stupid phone is. As someone said earlier; I'd think they would already know where it was given they have been at the camp

As an addendum why are people complaining about trapping the phone box? Do they complain about trapping cars as well? To me it seems a perfectly valid strategy to slow down rescue attempts. And is almost always my first or second location to jump over to

• Like 2

Make the fuse trickier to find... always spawning in or right next to fuse house makes it simple to find 90% of the time. In fact, I think all spawn locations should be changed. Easy fix... and it doesn't make everything so easy to figure out. Find four door? Check all 3-5 cabins in area and you've got everything you need, along with flare guns, firecrackers, pocket knives, etc to stun repeatedly. Changing up spawn locations could really help with the whole search and sneak mechanic... found the fuse, but it's all the way across the map... let me risk it and see if I can sneak over to fix. Think changing spawn locations could help quite a bit....

and while we're at it, for the Iove of Jason's mother, the four door and fuse house should never spawn right next to each other!! Jason just needs to grab a bag of popcorn and wait at that point! lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

Two things.

1. The time limit is debateable given that you never know which side of the map they will come from a shorter  limit provides some more reliable chances of escape.

2. If you increased the time limit they should know where on the map the stupid phone is. As someone said earlier; I'd think they would already know where it was given they have been at the camp

As an addendum why are people complaining about trapping the phone box? Do they complain about trapping cars as well? To me it seems a perfectly valid strategy to slow down rescue attempts. And is almost always my first or second location to jump over to

Some dislike seeing a billion traps around the phone. They find it ridiculous and immersion breaking. And although its a valid strategy, I can understand them. Again. The traps are a result of something else as I've explained above. Cause and effect. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

Some dislike seeing a billion traps around the phone. They find it ridiculous and immersion breaking. And although its a valid strategy, I can understand them. Again. The traps are a result of something else as I've explained above. Cause and effect. 

A ton of them, yes. But that seems a waste of them. I personally only ever put one at the absolute most 2 there. I have more problems with people trying to fix cars so I tend to focus my limited number of traps there traditionally.

Make it so that if the cops are called in the first 5 minutes, they show up 10 minutes later. If they are called between 5-10 minutes in the match, they show up 5 minutes after that. These would be subject to perks as well. This way the cops never show up before the 10 minute mark and Jason is less likely to quit, and the other objectives would still be valuable to escape immediately with.

when a Part 2 Jason places all his traps around the phone, I agree it is frustrating for the counselor players, but looking at it from both perspectives... for counselors it basically nukes any possibility of calling the cops for help... and for Jason it means he has to be extra vigilant when it comes to monitoring/stopping the vehicles...I know that when I find myself in a situation where I have either seen the minefield of traps by the box, or been told of it, I try to rack up points wherever I can, finding parts, fixing a vehicle if I am in a position to do so, clocking Jason with a baseball bat and so on, the overall objective may be seen as escaping/surviving, but I prefer to look at it as trying to score as many points as you can

on the point of Jason's traps, I still believe that in keeping with realism, it should at least be possible to disarm a trap with wooden planks and/or tree branches (drift wood), seeing as in the real world, you are physically able to utilize such to depress the trigger of a bear trap and set it off (of course in game this would result in the loss of the weapon used)... and of course if that causes upset for the Jason players who aren't satisfied with his fantastical ability to instantaneously dematerialse from one place and re-materialise at any other point on the map, then place some additional traps in Jason's shack which can only be picked up when he has used his initial trap supply.

• Like 1

or if you really want to go crazy with things then another way the game could be re-balanced to allow counselors to "counter" the trap minefield/phone box strategy would be to make the shotgun able to set off a chain reaction in the trap cluster, just make it so that Jason would be able to hear the shotgun blast, wherever he is, he will probably realize whoever just pulled the trigger was not shooting at him because he won't have been stunned/knocked down, so if the Jason player did put down all traps at the box he will of course know to morph there and deal with whoever he can catch

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Make it so that if the cops are called in the first 5 minutes, they show up 10 minutes later. If they are called between 5-10 minutes in the match, they show up 5 minutes after that. These would be subject to perks as well. This way the cops never show up before the 10 minute mark and Jason is less likely to quit, and the other objectives would still be valuable to escape immediately with.

If they did that Jason would still trap both cars and it would take 15 mins for the cops to show up so everybody would be dead before the cops show up and Jason would use 2 traps each for Battery & Gas instead of using it on the phone since you want the cops to show up after 15 mins

5 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

If they did that Jason would still trap both cars and it would take 15 mins for the cops to show up so everybody would be dead before the cops show up and Jason would use 2 traps each for Battery & Gas instead of using it on the phone since you want the cops to show up after 15 mins

Ok what if the time to police arrival shortens the more time elapses in the match? So if you call within 2 minutes, the cops arrive in 8 minutes, within 5 minutes they arrive in 6 minutes 30 seconds, and after 7 minutes the cops arrive in 5 minutes? Beyond that it remains at 5 minutes, but all of those tiers are effected by My Dad's a Cop too.

8 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Ok what if the time to police arrival shortens the more time elapses in the match? So if you call within 2 minutes, the cops arrive in 8 minutes, within 5 minutes they arrive in 6 minutes 30 seconds, and after 7 minutes the cops arrive in 5 minutes? Beyond that it remains at 5 minutes, but all of those tiers are effected by My Dad's a Cop too.

this is another viable option, I guess in the end it will all come down to which can be implemented into the games infrastructure causing minimum/no new bugs/glitches to occur... games may have had poor graphics by comparison in the days of the ZX Spectrum, but heck, programming the games logic routines was much more user friendly LOL