Sign in to follow this  
Dapper Dragon

Suggested Car Stop Effect on Counselors

One of the most irritating aspects of stopping a car escape is the fact that a full car will have kids coming out strapped like a scene out of the Warriors. swinging and fighting and stunlocking Jason, often making an intercept pointless.  I understand good teamwork, but with thick skin active (even post nerf), and a variety of stuns coming at once, the "fear" factor of the car escape is practically gone.

I recommend making the effects of being in a car wreck more realistic.  When a counselor suffers a crash, they should take damage, scaling high to low based on the speed the car is going.  If a driver is going top speed and comes to an immediate stop, the damage should reflect the consequences of a wreck.  This would make a car escape as suspenseful as a boat escape and would help balance the encounter of 1 v 4 when everyone gets out.

Crashing a car should have consequences outside of "ok, restart the car, please"

....ok, flame on.

• Like 4

And if the front 2 aren't wearing seatbelts they go through the windscreen. Would have to be a button prompt once you get in, but you can choose to ignore it if time is of the essence. Once the car is moving, its too late. No seatbelts. 

• Like 1

I like this idea. Stopping a car should deal a small amount of damage to everyone inside that way it doesn't feel like the benny hill theme should be playing.

• Like 2

Maybe it was a glitch, but I've definitely seen someone get thrown from a car when it slammed into a fence.

Also, I think if you manage to roll the car and destroy it, everyone inside should instantly be injured to the point of limping.

I'm not sure I like the player damage while it does make sense. I would be more open to car damage, like every crash increases start time or diminishes handling and overall speed. 

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

I'm not sure I like the player damage while it does make sense. I would be more open to car damage, like every crash increases start time or diminishes handling and overall speed. 

I can see the merit in this idea.  My thinking is that triggering counselor damage would be a relatively easily implemented effect since it already exists within the game.  Altering how the vehicle responds would take a good deal of development and code alterations that would take MUCH longer to implement.

I think 3 strikes and you're out. If the car crashes 3 times, it's destroyed. Though it must be moving for a few seconds first to prevent Jason stun locking it.

I disagree with the damage aspect. If the driver's an idiot, then it's not fair they can essentially kill 3 innocent people by making them limp in the open. That's bad for balance purposes.

Regarding a tooled-up posse in the 4-seater though, if you've let things get to that stage, then you've done a bad job as Jason and the counsellors have earned that advantage. You let it get to that bad, so now you should suffer the consequences.

Complaining about this is, to me, like complaining about the police exit being open, and 4 tight knit counsellors with bats are slowly advancing to the exit.

Sure, Jason's in a really bad spot, but only because they worked hard enough together to force that, and you missed your early opportunities. In that scenario, you deserve to have a difficult task.

• Like 1