Sign in to follow this  
lHeartBreakerl

Question about single player update

@GunMedia_Ben @Randygbk @wes

We know that more mocap was done specifically for the single player. Now if Kane Hodder is in a mocap suit, my guess is it's for more kills.

My question is will we see these kills transferred over to the multiplayer as well? I don't mean to pry, but the amount of grab kills is lackluster. If there is more kills in SP I see no reason why those couldn't be transferred over to MP.

I'd just like confirmation on this before I get my hopes up.

• Like 1

If additional kills are added for SP, I can't imagine they wouldn't be added to MP.  Regardless, for clarity, how do you feel the amount of kills is lackluster?  Not enough overall?  Not enough unique kills for each Jason?  I don't know the exact counts offhand, but there are a dozen or more shared kills, three unique kills per Jason, and a dozen or more environmental kills.  That's around 40+ distinct kills off a grab, which seems like a healthy variety.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Malov said:

If additional kills are added for SP, I can't imagine they wouldn't be added to MP.  Regardless, for clarity, how do you feel the amount of kills is lackluster?  Not enough overall?  Not enough unique kills for each Jason?  I don't know the exact counts offhand, but there are a dozen or more shared kills, three unique kills per Jason, and a dozen or more environmental kills.  That's around 40+ distinct kills off a grab, which seems like a healthy variety.

My main gripe is the grab kills. Mainly the hand kills. Many are lackluster kills such as the head rip, choke, bear hug, not to mention that the eye gauge and head crush kill look almost exactly alike. Then there's the head squeeze kill which is the head crush kill from a different angle (no pop out eyeball?).

I'd just like more variety with grab kills. The environmentals are perfect and there's plenty of kills. It's just the standard hand grab kills that are lack luster to me. The only one I like is the knee snap.

It might just be me, but I need more dismemberment hand kills ;)

What I gather is that the "Singleplayer" kills are somewhat environmentally based.

Basically, if you ever played a short game called Slayaway Camp, on the final chapter of each "movie" you have to kill off everyone in a specific order, leading to you killing the last person in the area via a very specific area, such as throwing them down a hole, pushing them into a woodchipper, onto the tracks of an oncoming roller coaster, and so on.

Also, if the singleplayer is shaping up like I'm guessing, you're going to start off being hidden, unlike the multiplayer rounds, so double kills are a possibility, and while they said "sex" wouldn't be in the game, a pair of "cuddling" counselors can serve the same purpose and be, say, double impaled through the bed, or heads smashed together, or various other "more than one" situations.

Could also lead t the aspect of jason placing the bodies in specific places in order to terrify the remaining counselors and herd them into the places you want them to go.

I just would like some more information about the singleplayer specific mode as I'm accidentally hyping myself up for something that may just be in my head.

3 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

What I gather is that the "Singleplayer" kills are somewhat environmentally based.

Basically, if you ever played a short game called Slayaway Camp, on the final chapter of each "movie" you have to kill off everyone in a specific order, leading to you killing the last person in the area via a very specific area, such as throwing them down a hole, pushing them into a woodchipper, onto the tracks of an oncoming roller coaster, and so on.

Also, if the singleplayer is shaping up like I'm guessing, you're going to start off being hidden, unlike the multiplayer rounds, so double kills are a possibility, and while they said "sex" wouldn't be in the game, a pair of "cuddling" counselors can serve the same purpose and be, say, double impaled through the bed, or heads smashed together, or various other "more than one" situations.

Could also lead t the aspect of jason placing the bodies in specific places in order to terrify the remaining counselors and herd them into the places you want them to go.

I just would like some more information about the singleplayer specific mode as I'm accidentally hyping myself up for something that may just be in my head.

You're getting me hyped for what's in your head. Ok...that sounded really weird...you know what I mean.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

The only one I like is the knee snap.

You mean the overly aggressive yoga instructor kill?

2 hours ago, Super-Luke88 said:

You mean the overly aggressive yoga instructor kill?

Exactly that kill.

Fun fact, back when xbox had a beta client the knee actually didn't snap off. You just bent the leg until they died from crotch stretching.

• Like 1

I never saw that one in the Beta and didn't know that!

Jason's murder on the hamstrings.