SP or New Content first?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have new content for MP, or the SP mode first?

• Single Player
    • New MP content

What would you prefer?

Single player to come out first? Or would you like to see additional content, such as maps, kills and Jason's first? 

We all know we'd like game fixed, glitches and bugs taken care of, stability, etc ASAFP. This is not a discussion or poll for that. BESIDES that, which would you prefer to see first?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would love more MP content first! I'm a single player gamer by nature. Always hated MP. Strictly backed and purchased this because it was a chance to play as Jason, even though I hate multiplayer. Instead, this won me over in such a way I can't describe! Just the most fun I've had with a game in forever. So while I still want the single player of course, I'd love to see new maps first and foremost! Followed by new Jason's, kills and counselors. Take your time Gun with SP! 

What about you?!

• Like 2

This game was built around MP and is the core of the game. And the core game is currently lackluster. I'd like some additional content before SP. Possibly a new Jason skin and Fox if they can get permission. Then roll out SP and add more kills into MP from it.

• Like 1

Honestly I would like a story mode. Yeah MP needs more content but for some like myself I love a game with a story. Overwatch has a story..... but no story mode xD If they focus more on MP then yeah I'm fine with that, I'll still be playing this game, it's fun. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Honestly I would like a story mode. Yeah MP needs more content but for some like myself I love a game with a story. Overwatch has a story..... but no story mode xD If they focus more on MP then yeah I'm fine with that, I'll still be playing this game, it's fun. 

May not be very in depth though. They said it'll be hitman like missions where you play as Jason and offline bots.

But they did say it will remind us of some scenes from the movies, so thats cool.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

May not be very in depth though. They said it'll be hitman like missions where you play as Jason and offline bots.

But they did say it will remind us of some scenes from the movies, so thats cool.

Yeah I've heard the same. Hitman still had a story but it wasn't the focus of the game. It would be cool to see them add in some kills like the corkscrew. If I don't see this dance in the game then I'm gonna riot! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Single player and bots for me- it'd give me a way to stay engaged while they fix this shit. That's if single player works properly.

I think new map(s) would get ppl really excited because everybody has practically memorized the 3 we have now. A new Jason would get ppl hyped too. 

I'd probably say more content. The developers have to deliver single player as that was the reason for the price increase, but they're under no obligation to deliver more content.

I think more content would keep a dwindling playerbase happy in the meantime before single player lands.

• Like 1

I'm all for single player first. Mainly because I want to be able to fire up the game and play as Jason any time I want. I think it would alleviate some of the disappointment of online when you get to play Jason just once the entire night. I love playing Counselor too, but it sucks when that becomes your online experience in a lobby sometimes. 

Dont know how fun it will be to play against bots as Jason, but hopefully it is and they implement it well.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I'm all for single player first. Mainly because I want to be able to fire up the game and play as Jason any time I want. I think it would alleviate some of the disappointment of online when you get to play Jason just once the entire night. I love playing Counselor too, but it sucks when that becomes your online experience in a lobby sometimes. 

Dont know how fun it will be to play against bots as Jason, but hopefully it is and they implement it well.

What this guy said...

If singleplayer comes with the idea of playing much earlier into the film. I'd say singleplayer first.

Ideally, you want to be greedy and have singleplayer, plus new multiplayer content.

In ANY CASE. I think they need to establish more good will with the playerbase and make whatever content it is (single or multi) FREE of charge.

They have enough money to make sure the first DLC is absolutely free. After that, if the game is stable and mostly fixed up...go ahead and charge.

Apparently singleplayers timeline will be based pre-multiplayer.

In other words singleplayer is the start of the movie and multiplayer is the end.

I guss this explains the mysterious dead bodies in multiplayer bathrooms.

@tyrant666 a business must put business first.

Such things you suggest can destroy even multinational empires.

I'm also kinda sick of seeing these comments saying single player and any additional DLC will be delayed until they fix all the problems... this is from people who have no idea how the inner workings of the game operate.  As Wes Keltner pointed out in one of his posts:

So, in otherwords... single player and any additional counselors or Jason's coming through DLC have no reason to be delayed due to any bugs/glitches.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wildthing73 said:

I'm also kinda sick of seeing these comments saying single player and any additional DLC will be delayed until they fix all the problems... this is from people who have no idea how the inner workings of the game operate.  As Wes Keltner pointed out in one of his posts:

So, in otherwords... single player and any additional counselors or Jason's coming through DLC have no reason to be delayed due to any bugs/glitches.

Hate to break it to ya, but you need more than artists to implement a whole single player portion of the game.

Jasons maybe since it's just another model. But you bet your ass they need engineers for singleplayer.

Really cool to see voting so far. Dead heat neck and neck.... so Gun can't win no matter what they deliver first! lol

And like your post wildthing73! Unfortunately, the powers that be have decided I'm not old enough to have more LIKEs today.

While multiplayer is fine and, yeah, needs some more to it, I personally want singleplayer more. I want to be able to play offline. I want to be able to play as Jason whenever (and not rob other players of the opportunity). I want to be able to... well, actually play my PS4 version of this game.

I got the game twice (pc and ps4, along with savini jason for both), but my PS4 has seen NO gameplay because I'm not paying for online with it and got it strictly to support the game and also to play the singleplayer when the PC is occupied.

I don't care what comes out first, I just want the game to stop crashing. This is easily one of my fav games this gen, so whatever they drop first, I'm cool with. 

Hate to break it to you guys, but additional content will arrive summer 2018.

Bugs and glitches might be fixed for Christmas this year :)

4 minutes ago, Colorboy said:

I figured it would be something like that due to the rocky launch, but what sort of proof is there of this timetable?

4 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I figured it would be something like that due to the rocky launch, but what sort of proof is there of this timetable?

None. He's just being stupid. 

• Like 1

New multiplayer content for sure. New maps , new counselors is what I'd like. I like single player/story driven games and I really love this game. But I see no way we could get a good story mode out of this.

33 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Hate to break it to ya, but you need more than artists to implement a whole single player portion of the game.

Jasons maybe since it's just another model. But you bet your ass they need engineers for singleplayer.

And I hate to break it to you, you have no idea how this shit works... so you shouldn't make so stupid of assumptions, like your statements that single player is going to be delayed.

14 minutes ago, Colorboy said:

Same with you, the people working on the content such as single player and additional characters are doing their thing as we speak, as are the SEPARATE people working on Bugs/glitches. They got this.

9 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

They have no proof they're just being smart asses by putting down these hard working guys and gals.  Gun and Illfonic are passionate about this game, and naysayers need to back off with their bullshit.  I'd like to see these guys continue forward with a follow up game to this like Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Halloween (after the Dead By Daylight license expires), so we don't need to be screwing all that up by being a shitty community to them.

Just now, wildthing73 said:

And I hate to break it to you, you have no idea how this shit works... so you shouldn't make so stupid of assumptions, like your statements that single player is going to be delayed.

Right, i'm the stupid one. :rolleyes:

Keep believing that you just need artists to make new content.

• Like 1

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Right, i'm the stupid one. :rolleyes:

Keep believing that you just need artists to make new content.

With all your negative talk about this game and the makers of it, yeah you definitely are.