There's a couple ways to improve QOL in the game just from adjusting counselor spawns:

#1  Counselors don't spawn at the phone cabin

Jason almost always goes here first, and being tunneled at the beginning of the match just isn't fun.  Yes maybe your "teammates" get all kinds of objectives done while you're running for your life with empty pockets and empty hands, but this isn't a team game.  If a full 4 seater escapes while you're distracting Jason what does it matter to you?  You're not getting rewarded for it.

#2.  Middle of fucking nowhere spawns

I just quit when I get these spawns because I know by the time I find a cabin people will have already looted it and at least 2 more cabins on top of it.  You end up not having anything to work with but driftwood.

I know the devs are stubborn and have their head so far up you know where they can taste breakfast a second time, and they think it makes it more "real" that some counselors just get fucked over by RNG, but it's just plain not fun to be in either of those spawns.  Why don't you just spawn one in Jason's shack for good measure?  Oh, or here's a good one.  Instead of the NPC Rob Dier getting killed in the intro video, how about just have one of the players getting killed in the intro video, so they can just spectate the whole round without getting to play.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, I Hate Spectate said:

There's a couple ways to improve QOL in the game just from adjusting counselor spawns:

Jason almost always goes here first, and being tunneled at the beginning of the match just isn't fun.  Yes maybe your "teammates" get all kinds of objectives done while you're running for your life with empty pockets and empty hands, but this isn't a team game.  If a full 4 seater escapes while you're distracting Jason what does it matter to you?  You're not getting rewarded for it.

I just quit when I get these spawns because I know by the time I find a cabin people will have already looted it and at least 2 more cabins on top of it.  You end up not having anything to work with but driftwood.

I know the devs are stubborn and have their head so far up you know where they can taste breakfast a second time, and they think it makes it more "real" that some counselors just get fucked over by RNG, but it's just plain not fun to be in either of those spawns.  Why don't you just spawn one in Jason's shack for good measure?  Oh, or here's a good one.  Instead of the NPC Rob Dier getting killed in the intro video, how about just have one of the players getting killed in the intro video, so they can just spectate the whole round without getting to play.

This isn't a team game? are you out of your mind? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Motoko said:

This isn't a team game? are you out of your mind? 

You don't get progression based on anything your "team" does you don't get any progression for saving team members from grabs or for getting other people out alive, you only get credit for you escaping yourself, you stunning Jason even if nobody's grabbed.  and a token amount of xp for fixing things.

It's most certainly not a team game.  Cooperation may be necessary for you to save your own skin, but that's it.  Sacrifice means nothing in game, helping others selflessly means nothing.  You get the same credit for taking the 4 seater that you fixed by yourself and leaving everyone else to die, as if you escaped with a full carload.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Not all Jason players try to kill counselors when they Morph to the phone cabin. A lot of them are more focused on trapping things. Have you tried running away and doubling back after Jason moves on? Or, try moving on to another objective. Other counselors may get the phone going instead of you.

If you spawn in the middle of nowhere, you won't necessarily be a target for Jason. Grab a piece of that driftwood, and defend yourself with that. Make your way to a cabin, even if it takes you a while. I get some back spawn spots, and I make the most of it. Quitting the game at the start because of a bad spawn spot is just as bad as quitting because you aren't Jason, or because you are dying and don't want Jason to get his XP. Technically you can do it, but no one will want you in their lobby after a while.

As far as bashing the devs, don't do it. If you don't agree with something they've done, you can voice it in better taste. They have enough on their plate without this verbal abuse. Let them focus on fixing bugs and working on future content. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you want to come to the forums, and read a bunch of negativity directed at yourself?

Finally, a few questions for you, as I've read through a number of your posts.

1. Do you have regulars that you have Private Matches with?

2. What kind of effort do you put into playing well with others in Quick Matches?

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how angry do you get when something goes wrong in a match?

4. How do you respond to your frustrations in-game?

Before you respond to this post, take a look at this link.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Not all Jason players try to kill counselors when they Morph to the phone cabin. A lot of them are more focused on trapping things. Have you tried running away and doubling back after Jason moves on? Or, try moving on to another objective. Other counselors may get the phone going instead of you.

If you spawn in the middle of nowhere, you won't necessarily be a target for Jason. Grab a piece of that driftwood, and defend yourself with that. Make your way to a cabin, even if it takes you a while. I get some back spawn spots, and I make the most of it. Quitting the game at the start because of a bad spawn spot is just as bad as quitting because you aren't Jason, or because you are dying and don't want Jason to get his XP. Technically you can do it, but no one will want you in their lobby after a while.

As far as bashing the devs, don't do it. If you don't agree with something they've done, you can voice it in better taste. They have enough on their plate without this verbal abuse. Let them focus on fixing bugs and working on future content. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you want to come to the forums, and read a bunch of negativity directed at yourself?

Finally, a few questions for you, as I've read through a number of your posts.

1. Do you have regulars that you have Private Matches with?

2. What kind of effort do you put into playing well with others in Quick Matches?

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how angry do you get when something goes wrong in a match?

4. How do you respond to your frustrations in-game?

Before you respond to this post, take a look at this link.

I have a lot of experience with spawning at the phone cabin and about 90% of the time it results in Jason tunneling me until he eventually gets me.  There are a lot of bad/new Jasons out there that go right for a kill rather than securing the objectives, and it makes it worse for me knowing I might be the ONLY one who dies that round because while Jason is tunneling me from cabin to cabin, everyone else is working on objectives.  Them completing objectives and escaping and Jason ending up with less than 3 kills in the match might seem like I contributed something but getting under 700xp?  Yeah screw that.  Not worth the effort.  Eventually you're going to get cut up going through windows, eventually you'll eat a throwing knife, and eventually you run out of stamina.  When you're tunneled early you don't have time to search drawers, you'll likely not find any decent weapons because at the start of the match the doors aren't barricaded meaning each building you go into hardly gives you a moment to regen stamina before he's come through the doors, trying to barricade them while he's attacking gets you meleed through the door.  It's just not fun and I'd prefer search for another match, and frankly those scrublord Jasons should be thanking me missing out on 1 kill rather than them tunneling 1 person long enough to get the phones or cars fixed and lose out on a lot more.

The issue with the middle of nowhere spawns is not Jason coming after you, it's that by the time you reach cabins they're looted, and ultimately you have the same result.. running from Jason with empty pockets, just later in the game.

Both of these situations aren't fun at all.  When you start out next to a cabin that's NOT an objective, you get items, med sprays, firecrackers, pocket knives, parts needed for escapes, weapons.  You actually feel like you get to play, rather than spending your entire time just running, and when I start out in spawns like that, I often contribute to escapes, even playing dumb characters I'm at least ferrying parts and since I've been able to pick up things like shotguns, flare guns, and baseball bats, I can stun Jason reliably and get away, but when you start out in the ass end of nowhere you can't do anything but run and hope you reach a cabin that hasn't been emptied already.  Very boring way to play.

As for bashing the devs, some devs outright just need it.  Especially these ones.  These ones have been extremely stubborn, don't listen to feedback and think they know better as their game's community is tearing itself apart and active playerbase keeps dropping.  When people give them feedback, they just defend their design choices, even though some of those design choices are driving people away from the game, making the community toxic, and making people hesitate at even buying the game.  They absolutely need their hubris smashed to pieces and they need all the criticism they can get.  

Brown nosing devs who make awful design choices doesn't result in anything good, changes that need to be made never get made because "our fans like us!"

• Like 1

Just now, I Hate Spectate said:

I have a lot of experience with spawning at the phone cabin and about 90% of the time it results in Jason tunneling me until he eventually gets me.  There are a lot of bad/new Jasons out there that go right for a kill rather than securing the objectives, and it makes it worse for me knowing I might be the ONLY one who dies that round because while Jason is tunneling me from cabin to cabin, everyone else is working on objectives.  Them completing objectives and escaping and Jason ending up with less than 3 kills in the match might seem like I contributed something but getting under 700xp?  Yeah screw that.  Not worth the effort.  Eventually you're going to get cut up going through windows, eventually you'll eat a throwing knife, and eventually you run out of stamina.  When you're tunneled early you don't have time to search drawers, you'll likely not find any decent weapons because at the start of the match the doors aren't barricaded meaning each building you go into hardly gives you a moment to regen stamina before he's come through the doors, trying to barricade them while he's attacking gets you meleed through the door.  It's just not fun and I'd prefer search for another match, and frankly those scrublord Jasons should be thanking me missing out on 1 kill rather than them tunneling 1 person long enough to get the phones or cars fixed and lose out on a lot more.

The issue with the middle of nowhere spawns is not Jason coming after you, it's that by the time you reach cabins they're looted, and ultimately you have the same result.. running from Jason with empty pockets, just later in the game.

Both of these situations aren't fun at all.  When you start out next to a cabin that's NOT an objective, you get items, med sprays, firecrackers, pocket knives, parts needed for escapes, weapons.  You actually feel like you get to play, rather than spending your entire time just running, and when I start out in spawns like that, I often contribute to escapes, even playing dumb characters I'm at least ferrying parts and since I've been able to pick up things like shotguns, flare guns, and baseball bats, I can stun Jason reliably and get away, but when you start out in the ass end of nowhere you can't do anything but run and hope you reach a cabin that hasn't been emptied already.  Very boring way to play.

As for bashing the devs, some devs outright just need it.  Especially these ones.  These ones have been extremely stubborn, don't listen to feedback and think they know better as their game's community is tearing itself apart and active playerbase keeps dropping.  When people give them feedback, they just defend their design choices, even though some of those design choices are driving people away from the game, making the community toxic, and making people hesitate at even buying the game.  They absolutely need their hubris smashed to pieces and they need all the criticism they can get.  

Brown nosing devs who make awful design choices doesn't result in anything good, changes that need to be made never get made because "our fans like us!"

You do realize, no one is meant to win 100% of the time. Every time you start in a match, you could win or you could lose. That's true of any game you play. You won't get good XP in every single match you play. That's life. One match you might get 1000+ XP, the next maybe only 500.

You mentioned that you jump ship if you start in the middle or nowhere. So by your logic of bad starts, 90% of the time, you start at the phone cabin, and the other 10% you start in the middle of nowhere. I have yet to hear of anyone's luck being that bad. What percent of the time do you start in a good spot and get killed off? How many matches would you say you stuck around and got your 1000+ XP? How many matches did you get less than that? How many matches did you quit because you started in a bad spot or because you didn't wish to spectate for 10 or more minutes?

Every Jason is new in the beginning and they will get better. Players help other players get better. That's what makes for a strong community. Rather than thinking of what's good for you, think of what's good for the community. When you first played as Jason, were you an expert, or did you come here seeking advice? Did someone offer advice in-game as you got better? Did you take any of that advice? Have you offered advice to the new/bad Jason players?

As far as bashing the devs, you can make your point without being disrespectful. Saying the devs are full of themselves and don't listen to feedback is just foolish. Have you ever read any of the posts they have made? If someone walked up to you and said "Hey [insert rude comment here], I don't like you because [insert rude comment here].", would you really want to hear anything they said after that?

The toxicity of the community is not from the dev team sticking to their guns, but more from people getting upset because the dev team won't make the game perfect by that player's standards.

The player base is bound to drop at some point. No one plays the same game forever. You get your enjoyment out of it, then you move on to something new. You might play the game for a week, a month, a year or a few years. If everyone stuck with the same game, then we'd be back in the era of Pac-Man and Galaga.

The community tearing itself apart is not from the status of the game, it's from how the community handles the status of the game.

People hesitating to buy the game is more from word of mouth. If someone told you repeatedly that a game was broken, would you buy it? Probably not, if you always weighed your decision on other people's views. I've bought a few games that everyone I know hated, but I enjoyed them.

This community knows the game is far from its ideal form. There are gonna be bumps along the road. It's a work in progress.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

You do realize, no one is meant to win 100% of the time. Every time you start in a match, you could win or you could lose. That's true of any game you play. You won't get good XP in every single match you play. That's life. One match you might get 1000+ XP, the next maybe only 500.

You mentioned that you jump ship if you start in the middle or nowhere. So by your logic of bad starts, 90% of the time, you start at the phone cabin, and the other 10% you start in the middle of nowhere. I have yet to hear of anyone's luck being that bad. What percent of the time do you start in a good spot and get killed off? How many matches would you say you stuck around and got your 1000+ XP? How many matches did you get less than that? How many matches did you quit because you started in a bad spot or because you didn't wish to spectate for 10 or more minutes?

Every Jason is new in the beginning and they will get better. Players help other players get better. That's what makes for a strong community. Rather than thinking of what's good for you, think of what's good for the community. When you first played as Jason, were you an expert, or did you come here seeking advice? Did someone offer advice in-game as you got better? Did you take any of that advice? Have you offered advice to the new/bad Jason players?

As far as bashing the devs, you can make your point without being disrespectful. Saying the devs are full of themselves and don't listen to feedback is just foolish. Have you ever read any of the posts they have made? If someone walked up to you and said "Hey [insert rude comment here], I don't like you because [insert rude comment here].", would you really want to hear anything they said after that?

The toxicity of the community is not from the dev team sticking to their guns, but more from people getting upset because the dev team won't make the game perfect by that player's standards.

The player base is bound to drop at some point. No one plays the same game forever. You get your enjoyment out of it, then you move on to something new. You might play the game for a week, a month, a year or a few years. If everyone stuck with the same game, then we'd be back in the era of Pac-Man and Galaga.

The community tearing itself apart is not from the status of the game, it's from how the community handles the status of the game.

People hesitating to buy the game is more from word of mouth. If someone told you repeatedly that a game was broken, would you buy it? Probably not, if you always weighed your decision on other people's views. I've bought a few games that everyone I know hated, but I enjoyed them.

This community knows the game is far from its ideal form. There are gonna be bumps along the road. It's a work in progress.

It's more like about 1/3 of the time I either spawn next to the phone cabin (and 90% of the time I start at the phone cabin the noob NES/part 3 Jason will just tunnel me all across the map ignoring other people objectives, etc until they finally catch me) or in the ass end of nowhere.  What I'm saying is that if the spawn places were adjusted so that that was 0% of the time, the other 2/3 of the games I play, I feel are fair, I might die, but it's not going to be right at the start, I'm going to have a good chance at getting some things done.  If I die later in the match, after having contributed, after having been able to defend myself for awhile with strategies that involved more than just "sprint and crash through windows and desperately try to barricade doors before he smashes through them and I have to sprint more with less stamina and now I'm cut by glass", that's fine.  That's fair.

Being completely shafted as a result of nothing but pure RNG at the spawn?  Screw that.  that shouldn't be a part of the game, there's enough random elements in the game already without having to have a "you're fucked" flag assigned to you at the start.

You never design things around "well maybe a player won't behave like this" you always design assuming the player is going to play in the worst possible way for the scenario.  You don't make a spot that can be glitched intentionally and then say "well not every player will abuse this glitch spot so it's fine"  You assume everyone will glitch the spot and fix it so that it can't be glitched.  It's kinda like saying "well, not every ISIS member will want to capture you and murder you in an over the top way on camera, so it's okay to go over and shake their hands".  You kind of have to assume the worst, especially when it comes to random strangers.  Given that I've seen part 9 and part 7 Jasons waste all 3 traps not even on the phone for the phone cabin, but on the windows to trap the one counselor they have cornered inside.. That's telling.  These numbskulls just wasted their primary method of controlling objectives and monitoring the map to try and secure 1 kill.  They deserve fo get quit on, because that's just awful play.  Always assume you have a Jason that is willing to let every other counselor on the map escape, as long as they can get that one early kill for whatever reason, because there's a lot of them.

Hell it doesn't always happen to me.  I got a walkie talkie one match and the squeaker Jason chased around a Chad that was talking to him over the walkie talkie pretty much halfway through the entire match, while the cops got called, the 4 seater got fixed, and I left on the boat.  He got 1 kill.  You could hear the Chad on the walkie trying to give Jason advice that he should have went for the objectives first to prevent the cops from being called so soon, and to keep people off the 4 seater (thankfully he didn't give away the boat taking off), but this squeaker kept chasing him, till his tricks and stamina were finally exhausted.  GG on that 1 kill squeaker.

In my experience if politely telling someone some advice doesn't work the first time, insulting them might make the message more clear.  Take a page from boot camp instructors.  You think they'll ever get soldiers, sailors, and marines to square themselves away by being calm and polite and inoffensive all day?  Nope.  They hurl insults at you and use humiliation as a teaching tool.  It's a blunt tool, but it gets the job done.  Squeaky wheel gets the oil, etc.  Calm, polite feedback just gets ignored, because if they're so calm and polite about it, it must not be a big deal.

The community tearing itself apart and screaming bloody murder?  Gets attention, and in some cases, like with glitches, things get done (though quite slowly and not always adequately)

2 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

It's more like about 1/3 of the time I either spawn next to the phone cabin (and 90% of the time I start at the phone cabin the noob NES/part 3 Jason will just tunnel me all across the map ignoring other people objectives, etc until they finally catch me) or in the ass end of nowhere.  What I'm saying is that if the spawn places were adjusted so that that was 0% of the time, the other 2/3 of the games I play, I feel are fair, I might die, but it's not going to be right at the start, I'm going to have a good chance at getting some things done.  If I die later in the match, after having contributed, after having been able to defend myself for awhile with strategies that involved more than just "sprint and crash through windows and desperately try to barricade doors before he smashes through them and I have to sprint more with less stamina and now I'm cut by glass", that's fine.  That's fair.

Being completely shafted as a result of nothing but pure RNG at the spawn?  Screw that.  that shouldn't be a part of the game, there's enough random elements in the game already without having to have a "you're fucked" flag assigned to you at the start.

You never design things around "well maybe a player won't behave like this" you always design assuming the player is going to play in the worst possible way for the scenario.  You don't make a spot that can be glitched intentionally and then say "well not every player will abuse this glitch spot so it's fine"  You assume everyone will glitch the spot and fix it so that it can't be glitched.  It's kinda like saying "well, not every ISIS member will want to capture you and murder you in an over the top way on camera, so it's okay to go over and shake their hands".  You kind of have to assume the worst, especially when it comes to random strangers.  Given that I've seen part 9 and part 7 Jasons waste all 3 traps not even on the phone for the phone cabin, but on the windows to trap the one counselor they have cornered inside.. That's telling.  These numbskulls just wasted their primary method of controlling objectives and monitoring the map to try and secure 1 kill.  They deserve fo get quit on, because that's just awful play.  Always assume you have a Jason that is willing to let every other counselor on the map escape, as long as they can get that one early kill for whatever reason, because there's a lot of them.

Hell it doesn't always happen to me.  I got a walkie talkie one match and the squeaker Jason chased around a Chad that was talking to him over the walkie talkie pretty much halfway through the entire match, while the cops got called, the 4 seater got fixed, and I left on the boat.  He got 1 kill.  You could hear the Chad on the walkie trying to give Jason advice that he should have went for the objectives first to prevent the cops from being called so soon, and to keep people off the 4 seater (thankfully he didn't give away the boat taking off), but this squeaker kept chasing him, till his tricks and stamina were finally exhausted.  GG on that 1 kill squeaker.

In my experience if politely telling someone some advice doesn't work the first time, insulting them might make the message more clear.  Take a page from boot camp instructors.  You think they'll ever get soldiers, sailors, and marines to square themselves away by being calm and polite and inoffensive all day?  Nope.  They hurl insults at you and use humiliation as a teaching tool.  It's a blunt tool, but it gets the job done.  Squeaky wheel gets the oil, etc.  Calm, polite feedback just gets ignored, because if they're so calm and polite about it, it must not be a big deal.

The community tearing itself apart and screaming bloody murder?  Gets attention, and in some cases, like with glitches, things get done (though quite slowly and not always adequately)

Let's look at your math again.

1/3 times overall you spawn near the phone cabin. (33.3% is a lot more accurate than the 90% you opened with)

90% of the spawns near the phone cabin, you end up dying. (90% of your 33.3% translates to about 30% overall death rate.)

I don't know your exact stats, but maybe 35-40% death rate overall. I trust you are surviving pretty well when you spawn in a decent spot and have a decent group.

I am curious, do you have programming experience? If you do, consider giving Gun Media some professional advice if you feel you can improve the code quality of the game. I don't think they intentionally made the glitch spots. There have been patch updates to fix them. New exploits are being discovered, and those are likely being worked on as we speak.

As far as newcomer Jason players, here's a little advice.

1. Be patient with them. Every Jason out there doesn't know to trap objectives early on. If you play against them, I would think you would be happy, as that makes your escape rate a bit better. If they use their traps on the windows, that's their choice of play style. You aren't Jason, so it's not hurting you. If it bothers you that much, give some tips to make them better.

2. Don't hold all Jason players to the same standard. Everyone who plays as Jason is not always gonna follow the blueprint of trap objects, grab knives, etc. Some Jason players like to mix it up. If everyone played the exact same way, it might bore some people. Others might be happy. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

As far as insults to get your point across, maybe that works for you. I've gotten more results from giving suggestions, without being disrespectful. You and I can say the same thing two different ways. The outcome will be different. I have many ex-military family and friends, and not all of them were subjected to that kind of verbal abuse. Despite that, they are all respectful.

9 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Let's look at your math again.

1/3 times overall you spawn near the phone cabin. (33.3% is a lot more accurate than the 90% you opened with)

90% of the spawns near the phone cabin, you end up dying. (90% of your 33.3% translates to about 30% overall death rate.)

I don't know your exact stats, but maybe 35-40% death rate overall. I trust you are surviving pretty well when you spawn in a decent spot and have a decent group.

I am curious, do you have programming experience? If you do, consider giving Gun Media some professional advice if you feel you can improve the code quality of the game. I don't think they intentionally made the glitch spots. There have been patch updates to fix them. New exploits are being discovered, and those are likely being worked on as we speak.

As far as newcomer Jason players, here's a little advice.

1. Be patient with them. Every Jason out there doesn't know to trap objectives early on. If you play against them, I would think you would be happy, as that makes your escape rate a bit better. If they use their traps on the windows, that's their choice of play style. You aren't Jason, so it's not hurting you. If it bothers you that much, give some tips to make them better.

2. Don't hold all Jason players to the same standard. Everyone who plays as Jason is not always gonna follow the blueprint of trap objects, grab knives, etc. Some Jason players like to mix it up. If everyone played the exact same way, it might bore some people. Others might be happy. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

As far as insults to get your point across, maybe that works for you. I've gotten more results from giving suggestions, without being disrespectful. You and I can say the same thing two different ways. The outcome will be different. I have many ex-military family and friends, and not all of them were subjected to that kind of verbal abuse. Despite that, they are all respectful.

Not quite.

33% of the time I'm put into conditions where I just leave match because I predict the game  is just not going to be fun.  Not all of them would be deaths, before I started just quitting them I've had spawns out in the ass end of nowhere where I grabbed my driftwood and ran, found all the cabins empty, but got a map, and saw a 4 seater with a few people around it and the battery and gas were being added, so I was able to sneak a ride out.  I escaped, but was it a fun match?  no (another time I didn't even get a map, I just came upon the 4 seater abandoned, all ready to go, Jason had chased off the people who fixed it and wrecked it.  So I stole it, and because I had neither map, nor walkie talkie, I had no idea how to get people to join in so I just left on my own, "teammates" cussing me out and all... but like I said, no map, no walkie).  You even said yourself not always will Jason tunnel the guy at the phone cabin, so not all of those would be deaths either. So I wouldn't use that estimate of how many matches I quit out of because of a bad spawn to figure into death ratios or whatever.  I didn't play the match, I have no idea how it would have resulted, I just know it wasn't likely to be fun.

I have about 210 games played as counselor and 71 deaths.  So it's about 1/3 total.

2 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Not quite.

33% of the time I'm put into conditions where I just leave match because I predict the game  is just not going to be fun.  Not all of them would be deaths, before I started just quitting them I've had spawns out in the ass end of nowhere where I grabbed my driftwood and ran, found all the cabins empty, but got a map, and saw a 4 seater with a few people around it and the battery and gas were being added, so I was able to sneak a ride out.  I escaped, but was it a fun match?  no (another time I didn't even get a map, I just came upon the 4 seater abandoned, all ready to go, Jason had chased off the people who fixed it and wrecked it.  So I stole it, and because I had neither map, nor walkie talkie, I had no idea how to get people to join in so I just left on my own, "teammates" cussing me out and all... but like I said, no map, no walkie).  You even said yourself not always will Jason tunnel the guy at the phone cabin, so not all of those would be deaths either. So I wouldn't use that estimate of how many matches I quit out of because of a bad spawn to figure into death ratios or whatever.  I didn't play the match, I have no idea how it would have resulted, I just know it wasn't likely to be fun.

I have about 210 games played as counselor and 71 deaths.  So it's about 1/3 total.

Now we're getting somewhere.

I can't accurately figure your overall rate, because there is a key value missing.

How many matches have you quit to avoid spectating?

2 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Now we're getting somewhere.

I can't accurately figure your overall rate, because there is a key value missing.

How many matches have you quit to avoid spectating?

That's not tracked in steam or badges, that's why I estimate 1/3.

21 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

That's not tracked in steam or badges, that's why I estimate 1/3.

Your stats don't sound that bad. It could be worse...

12 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Your stats don't sound that bad. It could be worse...

It could be, and I point out that I do escape a lot of the time because people assume it's all a L2P issue.  I know how to play, but because of where counselors pawns can end up, I can get some really bad luck that results in unfun matches.  I'd like to eliminate that.

29 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Not quite.

Given that you have played 210 games, have you not tried to roll any perks? I've rolled map perk, walkie (psychic) perk, start with firecrackers or start with baseball bat etc. all things that it appears would solve issues you've mentioned to some extent. Particularly the last 2 which give you a pretty good chance of stunning Jason if he comes at you early on. Chances are he will be discouraged if he can't Shift yet because it will waste too much time chasing you otherwise. Or perhaps Sense avoidance perks, whatever. There's many different ways you can increase your chances.

Honestly it sucks to read you just straight up leave matches if you don't start with ideal conditions. It's a roll of the dice, you don't know how the match may play out from there. I've started in the worst conditions before and ended up being the only survivor. I've also spawned in ideal locations, cabins which aren't near objectives but packed with goodies, and it still didn't help me in the end. The other players affect what decisions you will make in the match based on what they're doing, and sometimes those decisions are wrong. There are so many variables and a bad spawn doesn't determine the rest of the match, but your choices on how to deal with it do.

For instance I hate spawning inside the Packanack lodge, not only can the fuse box spawn there but the car is also there too. So it's more than likely it will be one of the first locations Jason will morph to, and as a counselor, you think getting killed there is a sure thing. But that's actually not true. As Jason, it wastes a lot of time hunting people inside the lodge because there are so many rooms, closets and beds. So it's the ones who immediately run for it who actually get caught rather than the ones that hide for a little while. I don't even bother with players inside the lodge at the start, but I often break some doors down to try and bait them out. And baiting players is a big part of getting kills.

I absolutely agree that the game has issues and I have made many posts about them. But I don't see this as one of them. The current meta where Jason goes to the fuse box first might change at some point, precisely because players know that's where he's going and there is no element of surprise for Jason. So instead he might just save a trap and kill power in the area to slow the objective down instead, and counselors are just as likely to be there. Hell he might even let you call the cops to bait you out in the open towards an exit, because counselors often just sit between the exits till it's time to go. You see where I'm going with this? Not worth changing things based purely on current strategies, because those changes may end up working against you just the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

Given that you have played 210 games, have you not tried to roll any perks? I've rolled map perk, walkie (psychic) perk, start with firecrackers or start with baseball bat etc. all things that it appears would solve issues you've mentioned to some extent. Particularly the last 2 which give you a pretty good chance of stunning Jason if he comes at you early on. Chances are he will be discouraged if he can't Shift yet because it will waste too much time chasing you otherwise. Or perhaps Sense avoidance perks, whatever. There's many different ways you can increase your chances.

Honestly it sucks to read you just straight up leave matches if you don't start with ideal conditions. It's a roll of the dice, you don't know how the match may play out from there. I've started in the worst conditions before and ended up being the only survivor. I've also spawned in ideal locations, cabins which aren't near objectives but packed with goodies, and it still didn't help me in the end. The other players affect what decisions you will make in the match based on what they're doing, and sometimes those decisions are wrong. There are so many variables and a bad spawn doesn't determine the rest of the match, but your choices on how to deal with it do.

For instance I hate spawning inside the Packanack lodge, not only can the fuse box spawn there but the car is also there too. So it's more than likely it will be one of the first locations Jason will morph to, and as a counselor, you think getting killed there is a sure thing. But that's actually not true. As Jason, it wastes a lot of time hunting people inside the lodge because there are so many rooms, closets and beds. So it's the ones who immediately run for it who actually get caught rather than the ones that hide for a little while. I don't even bother with players inside the lodge at the start, but I often break some doors down to try and bait them out. And baiting players is a big part of getting kills.

I absolutely agree that the game has issues and I have made many posts about them. But I don't see this as one of them. The current meta where Jason goes to the fuse box first might change at some point, precisely because players know that's where he's going and there is no element of surprise for Jason. So instead he might just save a trap and kill power in the area to slow the objective down instead, and counselors are just as likely to be there. Hell he might even let you call the cops to bait you out in the open towards an exit, because counselors often just sit between the exits till it's time to go. You see where I'm going with this? Not worth changing things based purely on current strategies, because those changes may end up working against you just the same.

Out of the 13k CP that we got that I rolled on perks I got 2 perks that I kept.  I get a lot of really really really bad perks, aquanaut and such.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

For me I go for the Phone & Cars 1st before I go after anybody unless they’re very near me that i can grab if not I let them go

yeah myself when people are like "Oh come on..." when I morph near the phone, I say "look, I have better things to do than tunnel you, I got objectives to take care of, if you make this place a memory quick, I won't feel any need to waste time chasing you that I could be going to the car instead"

Sometimes they take the hint.. other times.. I hear them crawl into a hiding place, well, then they gotta die, because I can't just let them stay.

33 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

For me I go for the Phone & Cars 1st before I go after anybody unless they’re very near me that i can grab if not I let them go

Yes that's pretty much what the majority of players do. Trap the fuse box, trap the car(s), kill the power, get throwing knives, go hunting. It's a methodical way to play Jason and it does work to shut down early escapes and increase fear across the map. But it also allows the counselors time to stock up on items, particularly pocket knives, which they can then use to disengage the traps you've set. In the time it takes you to morph around the map and complete your to-do list, an organised group may have already countered some of what you've done.

So it doesn't necessarily pay off to be so methodical, and that's why you see even high level Jasons switch up their gameplay because the element of surprise is very important. If counselors are able to predict what you're going to do then it allows them to take advantage of it. Being creative, and picking them off by catching them off guard, has major payoffs because you don't allow them to get organised. Or put you in situations where you have a group stunlocking you, because you gave them ample time to find items and weapons, while you were on autopilot going around setting traps and breaking power boxes.

I'm not by any means saying the current strategy is bad, but I am saying you shouldn't necessarily expect it to stay that way or for Jason players to stick to it all the time. Strategy does evolve over the course of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

So it doesn't necessarily pay off to be so methodical, and that's why you see even high level Jasons switch up their gameplay because the element of surprise is very important. If counselors are able to predict what you're going to do then it allows them to take advantage of it. Being creative, and picking them off by catching them off guard, has major payoffs because you don't allow them to get organised. Or put you in situations where you have a group stunlocking you, because you gave them ample time to find items and weapons, while you were on autopilot going around setting traps and breaking power boxes.

The element of surprise is Jason's best tactic. I agree with you there.

16 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Until I keep on having people escape me I will keep with my Strat

Nothing wrong with keeping a working strategy. Get those kills. :)

10 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Yes that's pretty much what the majority of players do. Trap the fuse box, trap the car(s), kill the power, get throwing knives, go hunting. It's a methodical way to play Jason and it does work to shut down early escapes and increase fear across the map. But it also allows the counselors time to stock up on items, particularly pocket knives, which they can then use to disengage the traps you've set. In the time it takes you to morph around the map and complete your to-do list, an organised group may have already countered some of what you've done.

I'm not by any means saying the current strategy is bad, but I am saying you shouldn't necessarily expect it to stay that way or for Jason players to stick to it all the time. Strategy does evolve over the course of the game.

Letting them get some supplies before you hunt them down is what makes them feel like they have a chance and lets them enjoy playing the game a bit.  If they have empty pockets and felt like they never had a chance?  Expect them to quit out of the game mid death animation.  I don't blame em.

1 hour ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Letting them get some supplies before you hunt them down is what makes them feel like they have a chance and lets them enjoy playing the game a bit.  If they have empty pockets and felt like they never had a chance?  Expect them to quit out of the game mid death animation.  I don't blame em.

Not sure how to reply to this. When I play counselor I don't expect any mercy from Jason, and I certainly don't give it as Jason. Why would you not want to give yourself every advantage? Your job is to wipe out the counselors as best you can, not let them off the hook. They certainly won't return the favour. 

Besides it's not like the game's just been released. I've run into plenty of skilled counselors who will make you regret every opportunity you miss to take them out. So when you say "make them feel like they have a chance", it makes me think you mean they don't have one otherwise. Which is absolutely not true. Good players will outsmart you and take advantage of any leniency you show towards them.

In terms of enjoying the game...not everyone has that mentality you describe. If I die at the start, it's on me and I won't rage quit over it. People who quit the game mid-death animation aren't anyone I want to play with anyway, I don't enjoy the company of sore losers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Not sure how to reply to this. When I play counselor I don't expect any mercy from Jason, and I certainly don't give it as Jason. Why would you not want to give yourself every advantage? Your job is to wipe out the counselors as best you can, not let them off the hook. They certainly won't return the favour. 

Besides it's not like the game's just been released. I've run into plenty of skilled counselors who will make you regret every opportunity you miss to take them out. So when you say "make them feel like they have a chance", it makes me think you mean they don't have one otherwise. Which is absolutely not true. Good players will outsmart you and take advantage of any leniency you show towards them.

In terms of enjoying the game...not everyone has that mentality you describe. If I die at the start, it's on me and I won't rage quit over it. People who quit the game mid-death animation aren't anyone I want to play with anyway, I don't enjoy the company of sore losers.

When I bust down the cabin door and put AJ on the coatrack or kill her trying to hide under a bed before I even have shift and she's got empty hands and obviously no pocket knife, I kind of feel bad for them because they had no chance and are now in forced spectator mode or getting at most 5 xp.  It was a waste of their time to even join the lobby.