Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Lol kid you're crazy if you think everyone's going to listen to you when you tell them "DONT BARRICADE JUST GO FULL SPEED".

You really think that everyone will be using the firecracker perk? 

Tell them to do it while in lobby.

When match starts then tell evryone to grab the shotguns and flare guns and run to a certain car with the fuel, battery and keys.

When Jason pops up then throw the fire cracker at the battery area and fuel area and get the two people hopefully two 'ajs' install it while Jason's stunned.

If Jason is not stunned and attempts to throw a knife at the battery or fuel chick because he can't get close because of crackers. 

Simply run up and smack him with the bat while he's distracted.

Jason falls down and everything should be fixed.

Someone jumps in the car to start it.

Jason stands up. 

Someone shoots Jason with the gun. 

Jason falls down 

4 people get in and drive off

And 3 get to die or try escape by cops (assuming they were called).

With this plan you only need firecrackers, a bat and a shot gun. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pappus said:

If you want quickplay to become team-oriented one must do the first step himself and play team-oriented. Show them the correct way, leave the doors open, fight with them and guide them through the process of distracting Jason if need be, shoot them if they lock packanack lodge front door.

I played four or five rounds tonight. I was genuinely surprised not a single person spoke during any round- that was a first for me. I did test the run-and-gun strategy without the addition of teamwork. I found items/parts quickly and was through a few cabins before Jason's shift popped. Again though, there was very little teamwork and the Jason's weren't trapping anything.

Off-topic but my night of gaming ended with the host deciding to try and teamkill myself and others... :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I played four or five rounds tonight. I was genuinely surprised not a single person spoke during any round- that was a first for me. I did test the run-and-gun strategy without the addition of teamwork. I found items/parts quickly and was through a few cabins before Jason's shift popped. Again though, there was very little teamwork and the Jason's weren't trapping anything.

Off-topic but my night of gaming ended with the host deciding to try and teamkill myself and others... :wacko:

Yes teamwork often is at a premium, that is unfortunate, but that might change as long as people play it as a teamgame and not a: I close all doors etc in case jason finds me so I have a better chance of survival. No get the parts to where they belong pronto and if you see someone is hunted you go help him out and trust that the others will get t he parts in instead of playing a gigantic barricade the map simulator that is completely unecessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Seeker said:

If everyone goes speed and you got no shift then how are you going to prevent 7 players from tryng to fix cars Pre-shift? Besides as everyones all together you will be getting stunned a lot while both cars get fixed.

Because the parts don't always spawn conveniently next to the cars. And the people with the "open doors" mentality have a tendency to play selfishly and thus pick Vanessa, Chad or Tiffany and they suck at repairing anything. Plus, I know how to use combat stance and have taken on 4 or 5 people at a time without being stunned. Like I said, it might work on a noob Jason. I've eaten teams that try what you've suggested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, konamijudge said:

That's not a good video to support the claim. That's a video of someone who didn't jump through the first open window when Jason appeared, so they sucked up a knife. Then, they tried to climb through the second window and sucked up another knife. On the third try, they dove through a window into a fortified aka "safe" house. What they should've done in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On top of all of this, Seeker, you seem to be ignoring something. The fortify the house game play is what the developers want. They want a tense hunt spread out over 10-20 minutes where a nigh-unstoppable psycho surprises and kills counselors. It sounds like you want to change the meta and turn the game into a three minute scramble for parts with everyone sprinting and leaving doors open and ganging up on Jason when he shows his face. If that were to work, I think the developers would have to implement measures to counter that sort of game play in order to preserve the game as they intend it to be played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Jefe said:

That's not a good video to support the claim. That's a video of someone who didn't jump through the first open window when Jason appeared, so they sucked up a knife. Then, they tried to climb through the second window and sucked up another knife. On the third try, they dove through a window into a fortified aka "safe" house. What they should've done in the first place.

It's not a perfect video for the claim. It is a good video. The focus should be on the 2nd knife and melee hit. They were free regardless of how the house was entered. (Knife is free on diving too, there's just a smaller window than crawling for canceling the animation and leaving them outside cabin.) I think the crawling on 2nd window was to avoid melee swing if Jason didn't use a knife, and the avoidance of the 1st window was for the same reason; it was basically just a gamble. There are videos that more clearly illustrate the point, though this was fresh in my memory, and it suffices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool thread!

I am a bit of a pro myself and id like to share some pro tips that I hope help as much as these.

1. Never pick up weapons!! That way your hands are free to pick up batteries and gas and propellers. 

2. Never pick up any items. That way if you find the fuse, and both car keys, you will have space in your inventory for everything.

3. If you come accross a barricaded cabin, unlock everything and open the doors, make the game easier for everyone.

4. If you are lucly enough the find the shotgun, its the only weapon that is ok to pick up. Take it, shoot one of your teammates and make the game even shorter, everyone will thank you for it!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, I understand a lot of you dont agree with leaving doors open or how this threads "tone" came off, but not all people who leave doors open are "noobs". I main Deb. I repair stuff for ALL of us. I have sense avoidence perks. I can fly through the early game and have a car,boat, or phone call ready to get US out of here. I am in no way killing my team. My goal is to avoid jason at all costs. Im still fixing stuff for my team, even though most of the time its random teamkillers in public matches who dont use head sets.

My survival rate is 8/10. I am level 75 with almost all trophies unlocked. If you dont agree with my play style, thats fine. IF i dont agree with your play style, thats fine. We can all play how we want. If you dont want me in your groups, leave. Im going to survie (most times) with or without you. My choice in nerdy repair girl makes it obvious im here to sneak around and fix shit. If you want to clip clop around as venessa locking doors and juking jason, that is also fine.

I am going to post my reasons for my play style. If you dont like it, move on or speak your piece, but we can have a civil conversation on this without resorting to name calling. For an example, read the original threads as i feel BOTH camps made good points.

 

"The problem is playing with open doors requires more understanding and experience in the game than playing with closed ones, but if all 7 people don't use time on barricading doors (which also leads to slower travel times due to having to take windows at all times) cabins will be looted significantly faster and open doors allow more freedom of movement when being chased, open doors can also mean life or death if you're almost out of stamina and the random windows spawned in a way that there's no availible window next to the locked door, since doors are always guaranteed to be where they are for each type of house and not random. It's much easier to plan your escape route with guaranteed door spawns than random window spawns.

Especially in the early game before jason has shift+stalk you will get ample warning if he is around so you don't need the doors to be locked in the first place, you can do it on reaction to jasons presence.

If you are running away from jason a lot of the time it's easier to access a new cabin through a door as opposed to window and just close it behind you, especially since a good jason get's a free throwing knife hit for every window you use while he's chasing you, which will deplete your health rather fast. Of course you need to manage your distance to jason in a way that lets you barricade before he is upon you, or just alternatively jog into the cabin then take a window to gain distance if you have to, then loop around when you have enough distance to close the door.

If people are used to doors not being closed or barricaded on arrival (closing doors while looting is fine just not barricading them, since you can slam them open almost as fast as just running through is) they won't get surprised by a jason shifting through a door that they thought was closed, this is not an issue if you're mindful of the doors.

In some houses if Jason breaks through the front door and you want to go out the backdoor because there is no good window options, if the backdoor is locked you are trapped in a dead end with jason on your heels because you don't have time to unlock it, leaving you trapped to certain death. This situation happens a lot once Jason has rage.

Doors are the best defense against a shifting jason. If he tries to shift onto you when you're around a doorway you can just step inside and slam the door in his face, wasting his shift cooldown. If you want to use a window to dodge shift you might not reach it and if you do he gets a free throwing knife and probably even a wallhit in, maybe he will even shift to a door and start breaking, now you are unable to defend the door.

If jason has rage barricading is completely useless and only hinders the counselors from that point on, not jason. Additionally all the time spent barricading is now wasted as jason doesn't care about it anymore.

 

This about sums up my opinion. If you don't agree that's fine, but id like to hear why ? Can anyone who baracades all doors answer me :

A player is running from Jason.  Door is baracaded. He goes to hop through window and takes a knife to the back. What's the pro to this?

 

Cafeteria cabin in this example. Front door is baracaded.  You jump through window. Jason rages through front door. Cafeteria cabin has no back windows, but a barricaded door. Consider dies because he's now trapped with Jason and his only escape is locked. What's the pro to this?

 

After about 10 mins Jason get rage and easily walks through doors. You know who doesn't have rage? The councilors. Those doors are now a hindrance  to you and not Jason. What's the pro to this?

 

Again, not slamming door lockers, just interested in this conversation. "

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Seeker said:

Tell them to do it while in lobby.

When match starts then tell evryone to grab the shotguns and flare guns and run to a certain car with the fuel, battery and keys.

When Jason pops up then throw the fire cracker at the battery area and fuel area and get the two people hopefully two 'ajs' install it while Jason's stunned.

If Jason is not stunned and attempts to throw a knife at the battery or fuel chick because he can't get close because of crackers. 

Simply run up and smack him with the bat while he's distracted.

Jason falls down and everything should be fixed.

Someone jumps in the car to start it.

Jason stands up. 

Someone shoots Jason with the gun. 

Jason falls down 

4 people get in and drive off

And 3 get to die or try escape by cops (assuming they were called).

With this plan you only need firecrackers, a bat and a shot gun. 

 

You really think everyone's going listen? Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, El Jefe said:

On top of all of this, Seeker, you seem to be ignoring something. The fortify the house game play is what the developers want. They want a tense hunt spread out over 10-20 minutes where a nigh-unstoppable psycho surprises and kills counselors. It sounds like you want to change the meta and turn the game into a three minute scramble for parts with everyone sprinting and leaving doors open and ganging up on Jason when he shows his face. If that were to work, I think the developers would have to implement measures to counter that sort of game play in order to preserve the game as they intend it to be played. 

It's still the smarter move, and yeah devs would need a counter for it.

 

2 hours ago, Ethan said:

ok, I understand a lot of you dont agree with leaving doors open or how this threads "tone" came off, but not all people who leave doors open are "noobs". I main Deb. I repair stuff for ALL of us. I have sense avoidence perks. I can fly through the early game and have a car,boat, or phone call ready to get US out of here. I am in no way killing my team. My goal is to avoid jason at all costs. Im still fixing stuff for my team, even though most of the time its random teamkillers in public matches who dont use head sets.

My survival rate is 8/10. I am level 75 with almost all trophies unlocked. If you dont agree with my play style, thats fine. IF i dont agree with your play style, thats fine. We can all play how we want. If you dont want me in your groups, leave. Im going to survie (most times) with or without you. My choice in nerdy repair girl makes it obvious im here to sneak around and fix shit. If you want to clip clop around as venessa locking doors and juking jason, that is also fine.

I am going to post my reasons for my play style. If you dont like it, move on or speak your piece, but we can have a civil conversation on this without resorting to name calling. For an example, read the original threads as i feel BOTH camps made good points.

 

"The problem is playing with open doors requires more understanding and experience in the game than playing with closed ones, but if all 7 people don't use time on barricading doors (which also leads to slower travel times due to having to take windows at all times) cabins will be looted significantly faster and open doors allow more freedom of movement when being chased, open doors can also mean life or death if you're almost out of stamina and the random windows spawned in a way that there's no availible window next to the locked door, since doors are always guaranteed to be where they are for each type of house and not random. It's much easier to plan your escape route with guaranteed door spawns than random window spawns.

Especially in the early game before jason has shift+stalk you will get ample warning if he is around so you don't need the doors to be locked in the first place, you can do it on reaction to jasons presence.

If you are running away from jason a lot of the time it's easier to access a new cabin through a door as opposed to window and just close it behind you, especially since a good jason get's a free throwing knife hit for every window you use while he's chasing you, which will deplete your health rather fast. Of course you need to manage your distance to jason in a way that lets you barricade before he is upon you, or just alternatively jog into the cabin then take a window to gain distance if you have to, then loop around when you have enough distance to close the door.

If people are used to doors not being closed or barricaded on arrival (closing doors while looting is fine just not barricading them, since you can slam them open almost as fast as just running through is) they won't get surprised by a jason shifting through a door that they thought was closed, this is not an issue if you're mindful of the doors.

In some houses if Jason breaks through the front door and you want to go out the backdoor because there is no good window options, if the backdoor is locked you are trapped in a dead end with jason on your heels because you don't have time to unlock it, leaving you trapped to certain death. This situation happens a lot once Jason has rage.

Doors are the best defense against a shifting jason. If he tries to shift onto you when you're around a doorway you can just step inside and slam the door in his face, wasting his shift cooldown. If you want to use a window to dodge shift you might not reach it and if you do he gets a free throwing knife and probably even a wallhit in, maybe he will even shift to a door and start breaking, now you are unable to defend the door.

If jason has rage barricading is completely useless and only hinders the counselors from that point on, not jason. Additionally all the time spent barricading is now wasted as jason doesn't care about it anymore.

 

This about sums up my opinion. If you don't agree that's fine, but id like to hear why ? Can anyone who baracades all doors answer me :

A player is running from Jason.  Door is baracaded. He goes to hop through window and takes a knife to the back. What's the pro to this?

 

Cafeteria cabin in this example. Front door is baracaded.  You jump through window. Jason rages through front door. Cafeteria cabin has no back windows, but a barricaded door. Consider dies because he's now trapped with Jason and his only escape is locked. What's the pro to this?

 

After about 10 mins Jason get rage and easily walks through doors. You know who doesn't have rage? The councilors. Those doors are now a hindrance  to you and not Jason. What's the pro to this?

 

Again, not slamming door lockers, just interested in this conversation. "

Exactly my point. Great work on explaining it.

 

1 hour ago, SnakeSound222 said:

You really think everyone's going listen? Lol. 

Pretty sure if you knew them in a private lobby yeah... if you knew everyone in quickplay you can suggest the idea and see what everyone thinks.

I mean people want a teamwork strategy and I just provided the best one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2017 at 3:15 PM, weirdkid5 said:

No one, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. If I can survive 8 minutes as the last guy playing AJ, I'm sure you can do it with top tier Chad or Vanessa right?

How do you know they used sense? You're hiding, you can't see what hes doing. If he's inside with you and you hold your breath, he might miss you. And besides, like we stated, the only way to avoid Sense in a powerless cabin is with a sense avoidance perk, which you said you run right? That is the only explanation, that or Jason simply didn't look behind him after using sense.

I think Rydog tested this. If you are hiding in a cabin or tent, it will NOT turn red pre-rage mode, with any counselor. If he destroys the power and breaks stuff and you do not have a high composure character, he will hear your scream out of say something and then he can find you. But if you are jenny and he cuts the power, chances are she will remain completely silent and jason will not know you are there. I've had jason walk right by me and then morph away a few times. But as soon as you leave the hiding spot, or if he gets rage..you will light up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Googoomuck said:

I think Rydog tested this. If you are hiding in a cabin or tent, it will NOT turn red pre-rage mode, with any counselor. If he destroys the power and breaks stuff and you do not have a high composure character, he will hear your scream out of say something and then he can find you. But if you are jenny and he cuts the power, chances are she will remain completely silent and jason will not know you are there. I've had jason walk right by me and then morph away a few times. But as soon as you leave the hiding spot, or if he gets rage..you will light up.

I tried to explain this but people were so sure they knew what they were talking about. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Googoomuck said:

I think Rydog tested this. If you are hiding in a cabin or tent, it will NOT turn red pre-rage mode, with any counselor. If he destroys the power and breaks stuff and you do not have a high composure character, he will hear your scream out of say something and then he can find you. But if you are jenny and he cuts the power, chances are she will remain completely silent and jason will not know you are there. I've had jason walk right by me and then morph away a few times. But as soon as you leave the hiding spot, or if he gets rage..you will light up.

Yeah I tested it and have video footage I shared of it on here. Previous things I read stated it did the opposite. Also, interestingly enough, if you have Sense on WHEN they enter the hiding spot, the cabin will stay red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't call this an advance pro tip, but leaving doors open has it's advantages. It also has it's disadvantages to though, and I still prefer to lock and close while leaving the windows open. After Jason gets shifts, it's way to late to start closing and locking doors, especially someone who is good at shift-grabbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give me a video of people actually doing what Seeker advocates and show me it actually works against an experienced Jason and I'd be willing to at least agree that he has a point. Otherwise, it just feels like anecdotal evidence to justify a play style he prefers, yet he repeatedly speaks as if the voice of authority. I think it's not only a bad play style but one that is against the intent of the game, so that even if it worked, it would just lead to changes in the game to prevent it. I think it will also be used to justify the game play I see most of, which is the dumb/fast character trying to find as many pocket knives as possible to stay alive longer while adding absolutely nothing to the actual completion of objectives.

 

Oh, and speaking of post-rage Jason, I still prefer locked doors. Each one he bursts through is a free stun for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pappus can you do a video on both open door and barricade strategy? 

@El Jefe from my video you can see I did add to the completion of objects, you can see that I helped save 4 people. 

Someone else also posted a vid showing the disadvantages of open Windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seeker said:

Pretty sure if you knew them in a private lobby yeah... if you knew everyone in quickplay you can suggest the idea and see what everyone thinks.

I mean people want a teamwork strategy and I just provided the best one.

Again, do you really think everyone's going to just go with your idea without asking any questions? 

Lol this is the crappiest "teamwork" strategy. Someone should change this thread title to "How NOT to play Friday the 13th" or "How to let Jason get easy kills".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Again, do you really think everyone's going to just go with your idea without asking any questions? 

Lol this is the crappiest "teamwork" strategy. Someone should change this thread title to "How NOT to play Friday the 13th" or "How to let Jason get easy kills".

Thats your opinion but I saw someone pull it off back when I first joined the game.

The guy explained everything open lobby for all to hear including the guy picked to be Jason himself. 

And it worked.

But hey since you're a pro and you know how the game works I implore you to give me a better strategy.  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Thats your opinion but I saw someone pull it off back when I first joined the game.

The guy explained everything open lobby for all to hear including the guy picked to be Jason himself. 

And it worked.

But hey since you're a pro and you know how the game works I implore you to give me a better strategy.  ?

You saw it work once? Oh shit! My bad. 

You have been shown better strategies. Over a dozen people here have gone to great lengths to show you. 

Your strat of "get people killed, hide until cops come, let others do work, leave all doors open, lead Jason to others, don't help or care about others"

is not a working strategy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Campkill said:

You saw it work once? Oh shit! My bad. 

You have been shown better strategies. Over a dozen people here have gone to great lengths to show you. 

Your strat of "get people killed, hide until cops come, let others do work, leave all doors open, lead Jason to others, don't help or care about others"

is not a working strategy. 

You clearly haven't watched my vid. Lol 

Also what do you know about the game? You thought people can't hide in unlit cabins when it just got tested that you can hide until pre-rage. 

That shows you were wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Seeker said:

You clearly haven't watched my vid. Lol 

Also what do you know about the game? You thought people can't hide in unlit cabins when it just got tested that you can hide until pre-rage. 

That shows you were wrong. 

I've never said you can't hide in unlit cabins. Didn't even comment on that once. 

Add that to you're list of wrongs. 

I did watch your vid. What was it trying to prove?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Campkill said:

I've never said you can't hide in unlit cabins. Didn't even comment on that once. 

Add that to you're list of wrongs. 

I did watch your vid. What was it trying to prove?

 

1. I saved 4 people with my strategy.

2. I escaped pre-shift.

3. If I spent time barricading and prepping the first house, i would have missed the fuel and someone else would have got it and they would have escaped without me.

4. The  guy who did barricade could have escaped if he was paying attention to the cars getting fixed and had went looking for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...