My collection of pro tips for why we should have an open door.

I'll extend the list upon learning new advantages.

1. head start

For the first 2 mins Jason has no shift or sense. If you have an open door and he enters, and you have high stealth, you can pop out the other door or window and sneak around and back in.  Jason can't sense you and he's more interested in trapping cars and fuse box.

2. time saver

The most obvious is that it saves time and let's you find items faster and again if you run into trouble refer to reason 1. 

How much time does it save?

Well i know some people have already searched 3 houses while some was still prepping one house with barricades and traps.

3. no doors later.

If you barricade doors Jason will break them early game giving you nowhere to rest for stamina when you really need them. 

4. Broken Windows and locked doors!

Open doors save you from jumping in broken windows. This is the greatest reason.

5. helpful to others rushers.

If you see open doors provided by others then you can breeze through them in search of items without being slowed down by a window. 

6. Window body blocking

If Jason shifts to an outside window and and blocks you from entering, while the door is locked you're pretty much screwed.

You pretty much trapped yourself outside.

Hopefully you can make it to another window... thats if you're still alive.

7. Window knife throwing.

While you climb a window you leave a free shot in for pro Jasons to throw a knife or two then run up and whack you through the window. 3 hits for just climbing.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HorribleBitterPuddingFrankerZ

8. Shift grabs? No!

Most of the barricade lovers argue that shift grabs (people shifting through doors will happen).

Um no... You got a minimap and you're running to a front door. If Jason disappears of the minimap then it's pretty obvious what he's trying to do but most of you still run inside regardless. 

My advice just turn left or right and run for next cabin. If you get shift grabbed at an open door, then you can only blame yourself. 

Or if he's not in shift and you feel confident then you can stun him with a bat then lock your self inside to recover stamina.

9. Cars available pre-shift.

When a team goes full speed then cars will be fixed pre-shift. 

10. less stamina drainage.

When you're running from Jason you have to find where the access point will be. 

If you see a building barricaded you have to run around the building looking for a window.

Depending on the building it might only have one window and you ran around the wrong side. 

With an open door you can conserve your stamina and avoid running around an entire building to find a window that may be on the other side of the building.

suggested strategy.

Tell everyone to add firecracker perks while in lobby.

When match starts then tell everyone to grab the shotguns and flare guns and run to the 4 seated car with the fuel, battery and keys.

When Jason pops up then throw the fire cracker at the battery area and fuel area and get the two people hopefully two 'AJs' install it while Jason's stunned.

If Jason is not stunned and attempts to throw a knife at the battery or fuel chick because he can't get close because of crackers. 

Simply run up and smack him with the bat while he's distracted.

Jason falls down and everything should be fixed.

Someone jumps in the car to start it.

Jason stands up. 

Someone shoots Jason with the gun. 

Jason falls down 

4 people get in and drive off

And 3 get to die or try escape by cops (assuming they were called).

With this plan you only need firecrackers, a bat and a shot gun. 

Additional access point to the building is one of the most critical. I either over-read it or you forgot it. You see a house, you don't know which windows are even jumpable. That is not the case for doors. With those you know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeker said:

My collection of pro tips for why we should have an open door.

I can't believe you made a whole new post about this. Hahaha

And I call bullshit on 3 cabins being fully searched before 1 cabin can have both doors baracaded.

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

And I call bullshit on 3 cabins being fully searched before 1 cabin can have both doors baracaded.

It is bullshit. Fully. It takes as long to lock a door as it takes to search a drawer. Meaning- two extra drawers would not result in wasting enough time to search 2 extra cabins. 

Yes it's silly this guy made another thread on this subject. But let's correct this false information easily. 

False reasons mentioned above. 

1-Jason is not senseless or shiftless for 5 mins. I have not clocked all Jasons, but Jason 3 for example gets sense around a min and a half into game and gets shift in about 2 and a half mins. Nothing crazy here, just showing the OP is wrong. 

2-Op Says it saves time. Wrong. It takes as long to open a drawer as it takes to lock a door. Locked doors also waste Jasons time. Meaning- allowing Jason easy access to all cabins is actually giving him mins of extra killing time. 

3-Jason can not break all cabin doors in a game without dedicating his entire match to doing so. No, locking doors has never once allowed Jason to remove all stam gaining areas from the map early or late. That's just silly and a nonissue. 

4-leaving all doors open just so you don't have to maybe jump through a broken window or two along the way, is ridiculous.  

5- No. leaving open doors is not s breeze for other councilors to find. It results in death for others very often (see below)

6- window body blocking? What? That is not even a thing lol. How is this a pro? Or even relivant?

7-yes if Jason is chasing you and you slowly climb into a window you may get hit by knife or weapon. But who the hell slowly climbs through a window when being chased? You jump through. And if cabin has been locked and prepped, jumping through is 9 times faster than closing and locking a door in time to stop a pursuing Jason. 

8- OP says shift grab will not get Jason in house while your rushing to close and lock door before a shifting Jason gets in. That's false. All of us Jasons have done it. It's one of the best feelings in the world. It's easy to shift into a house ahead of the door being locked. 

In short- the OP has made a long list of false positives showing he's unaware of simple game mechanics. He's also stated in another thread he's aware it gets people killed when he don't lock doors but don't give a damn if others live. Great player eh?

Lets look at real cons to leaving doors unlocked and why almost all players hate these types. 

1- 100% of all games where some noob don't lock doors results in others dying screaming "what fucking idiot left the doors open!?" It's usually someone who's helping Jason or someone who don't understand the game. 

2-it takes Jason 6-10 seconds to break a door. That time adds up and slows jason down. Refusing to lock doors adds to Jasons free time to kill you. 

3- not locking doors removes all stam gaining areas unless you lock a door. In effect giving Jason full reign to go where he pleases. It also gives you no time to search for a weapon or item in a rushed situation. 

4- cheaters helping Jason do two things instantly. Open doors for Jason and drop items in woods. There's a reason they do this. Both help Jason incredibly. Doing it on purpose or not, not locking doors makes Jasons job easier.  All Jasons love these people who don't lock doors. It 100% of the time makes his job easier and saves him time. 

Long story short- the OP is wrong. And this is his second thread on the subject. Waste of time for us all. 

My reason to reply in length here is simple. If a new player sees this thread and assumes OP knows what he's doing- it will get people killed. 

Never leave doors unlocked. There is no reason to. Locked cabins are temp safe zones and save lives 100% of all played games. There is never a game where prepped cabins do not help and save lives. 

This is not a debate or something to argue. If you don't lock cabins you are killing your team and lessening the chance of your escape and survival. 

Period. 

• Like 15

52 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

This is clear hyperbole.

Jason also gets sense within the first minute. It is the first thing he gets besides morph. So he can certainly see which cabin you are in very early.

4 minutes ago, Campkill said:

It is

Period. 

Jason killing a noob early is actually +EV for the team survival rate btw. That noob wont be able to go on epic journeys with parts/fuse or find piglet knives and just wasting them away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Jason killing a noob early is actually +EV for the team survival rate btw. That noob wont be able to go on epic journeys with parts/fuse or find piglet knives and just wasting them away.

I do agree here. It's always good when a noob dies first. More so when said noob has zero interest in team work or survival of others. 

Survival rates go up. 

58 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Nope take the amount of time it takes to barricade a building with two doors, then set the traps at the doors and then open all the Windows. 

I guess I meant you can search 3 cabins while someone's is still prepping one. 

I'm getting real tired of people claiming this is the pro strategy. No, it's YOUR strategy and if it works for you, good on you. I escape 4 times in a row sometimes and I barricade every door. Since we are creating repeat topics, I'll repost what I said to @Ethan as to way this isn't always a good idea, with stalk being the main reason why you shouldn't leave doors open:

I've responded to you before and I'll do it again, and address your points.

- You're right, he can't. I always tell people if you run into Jason at the start, all you need to do is run. Barricading at this time is a preemptive action that you wont need to do later. It takes a whole second to barricade a door, you aren't wasting any time by doing so.

-Barricading early is strictly for pre rage gameplay. If you need to cabin hop during pre rage, having doors already barricaded saves you from possibly getting hit through a door when trying to barricade it. I've had Jason's shift to an unlocked door while I'm trying to barricade it, and they proceed to hit him and cancel my action. Then they just walk in. Post rage there is no point to barricade.

-Locking cabins is a safety net to fall back on in case you get chased in that direction. I've never died because of a door being locked in front of me, because I always go for windows. Depending on your characters luck, you can avoid The damage from a broken window, and combined with thick skinned, they are virtually nonexistent. Med sprays are also in almost every bathroom, so if you don't have at least one spray on you, you're ill prepared. Not to mention the problem of Jason reading your movements and then shifting inside the house as you open the door.

-Jumping through a window can save your life, whereas opening a door can get you killed. Sure, you can bodyvlock a window, but once the dive animation has started, it cannot be interrupted, unlike opening a door. Also, as I said, luck and thick skinned don't affect you  with windows. My buddy who plays Vanessa always dives through closed windows and has med spray, and is one of the most slippery players I've had the displeasure of chasing. Windows are random, but I've only ever had that screw me in extremely rare situations, and when it happens it is because I misplayed. The time it takes to go through a window is about the same as a door unless you dive.

Each of these methods has pros and cons. I'm not calling anyone a noob, that was Campkill. But I also don't think it is necessarily "high level" to not barricade a door. Locking inside doors is dumb I'll give you that. Just because a popular streamer and 4 others here agree with you doesn't mean that's what all "high level" players do. I have massive successes with my gameplay method. You play however you want, if it works for you then it works. But don't be surprised if I go and barricade it behind you lol. Last thing I want is for Jason to use Stalk, simply open the door without me even knowing he's near, and then Stalk-shifting right on top of me. I've done this to plenty of players that don't barricade doors. In fact, my main strat is to use Stalk in these cases. Barricading at least gives you time to regen stamina, and gives you time to slip out and run to another cabin than you have already planned out. If he chooses not to break it, you can run back and waste even more of his time. It's about wasting as much time as possible without exposing yourself to possible shift grabs or other means of death.

If you leave your door open, you're inviting a Stalking Jason to shift right inside and murder you.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Nope take the amount of time it takes to barricade a building with two doors, then set the traps at the doors and then open all the Windows. 

This is bout doors. Not traps. And even if your time quotes were correct (and they are not) you still are getting you and others killed very often not locking doors. 

Saving a few extra seconds to not lock doors does not help anyone. Not even you yourself. 

Shift is achieved a little over 2 mins into game (not 5) and nobody is escaping before that. 

• Like 1

Jason will destroy most doors before rage even kicks in.

So in the end it's pointless. 

As I said in the other topic.

My survival rate is drastically higher when doors are open.

If my survival rate goes up then yours should too. 

Think of it this way, while you are wasting time prepping each building others are getting the knives and stuff to escape. 

Next thing you know Jason's got rage and you have nothing to defend yourself with. 

Seeing as you have either lied about or mistaken simple time counts, and stated in the past you are not concerned it gets you team killed, forgive me for saying "bullshit" to this. 

The entire player base is aware that unlocked doors from players is getting people killed. 

Its a big grievance players have with your type. 

Theres a reason there is countless people online yelling at your type in game and on forums. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Seeing as you have either lied about or mistaken simple time counts, and stated in the past you are not concerned it gets you team killed, forgive me for saying "bullshit" to this. 

The entire player base is aware that unlocked doors from players is getting people killed. 

Its a big grievance players have with your type. 

Theres a reason there is countless people online yelling at your type in game and on forums. 

It may get people killed yes but it doesnt get you killed if you have already found everything to escape. 

Say the cops get called then you already have enough knives and health sprays to escape and with a high stealth character you can easily remain hidden until cops arrive. 

Guaranteed that with 3 knives or 2 knives and a healthspray you're going to escape with the cops.

It may get people killed yes but it doesnt get you killed if you have already found everything to escape. 

Say the cops get called then you already have enough knives and health sprays to escape and with a high stealth character you can easily remain hidden until cops arrive. 

Lol. You can not easily remain hidden anywhere in this game. 

May I ask how many hours you have played?

You keep making obvious mistakes about well known things. Like Jasons ability timer and simple mechanics. 

You say "pro tips". I don't think you understand the word "pro". 

Fact remains- your survival rate and the survival rates of others drastically goes down not locking doors. 

You can say otherwise but you have been dishonest about this before when you stated you NEVER get killed and ALWAYS escape. When confronted you changed it. 

Yawn. 

Hope this is merged back into the other discussion on the very same topic that you posted a lot in, that is still on page 1. 

1 minute ago, Campkill said:

Lol. You can not easily remain hidden anywhere in this game. 

May I ask how many hours you have played?

You keep making obvious mistakes about well known things. Like Jasons ability timer and simple mechanics. 

You say "pro tips". I don't think you understand the word "pro". 

You can easily remain hidden lol 

For example there are perks to give you a chance to avoid sense and by hiding you can avoid sense until rage mode. 

Just now, Seeker said:

You can easily remain hidden lol 

For example there are perks to give you a chance to avoid sense and by hiding you can avoid sense until rage mode. 

No perk makes it easy to "remain hidden". 

There are perks that give you a chance to avoid sense. Yes. Temporarily...until found...and killed. 

Just now, Campkill said:

No perk makes it easy to "remain hidden". 

There are perks that give you a chance to avoid sense. Yes. Temporarily...until found...and killed. 

Right and by hiding you can avoid sense until jason gets rage mode. 

By then cops should already be called. 

18 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Think of it this way, while you are wasting time prepping each building others are getting the knives and stuff to escape. 

Next thing you know Jason's got rage and you have nothing to defend yourself with. 

If he is wasting time destroying doors, you should barricade them to make him waste even MORE time. No Jason is gonna take the time to destroy every door. Everyone will be out by then.

Just because YOUR survival rate goes up does not mean it will for other players. I usually die when people leave doors unlocked, but how do you explain my ability to survive 3 or 4 times in a row despite the fact I barricade every door? You aren't the end all be all for this game bro. It takes a whole SECOND to barricade a door. You are wasting no time.

I've escaped in 3 minutes before and so still barricade doors. It's your own fault if your defenseless as you say. It really isn't hard to lock a door, search a couple drawers, pick up a weapon, and then lock the back door and go to the next cabin. You've wasted, at most, 5 seconds by barricading.

• Like 5

Because a pro tip is hiding and hoping some else does work and calls the cops. If we all follow this and everyone hides and does nothing then ???

if your smart hiding can do a ton to keep Jason of your track pre-rage but waiting in a hiding spot for the cops is dumb. 

38 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Lol your perception of time is completely and totally fucked.  3 cabins while 1 is still being prepped?  

5 minutes ago, Seeker said:

No, if he kills all the power then hiding doesn't work. Hiding only works if you have no fear, which you will gain if he cuts off the power. Don't spread false information. Sense avoidance is only a CHANCE, and hiding in hiding spots to avoid Sense only works if there is still power, which a good Jason will cut off.

Plus, if you're hiding until rage, who's really wasting time? Lmao. Your game knowledge is lacking at best. You can't claim to be pro if you think you can hide until rage.

1 minute ago, NScarlato said:

Because a pro tip is hiding and hoping some else does work and calls the cops. If we all follow this and everyone hides and does nothing then ???

if your smart hiding can do a ton to keep Jason of your track pre-rage but waiting in a hiding spot for the cops is dumb. 

Obviously but I meant that by ignoring doors you get the knives and the fuse then call the cops, some more knives or health spray then just hide until cops come.

When cops do come then you're prepared because you have the knives and sprays and shotguns etc.

3 minutes ago, Colorboy said:

Lol your perception of time is completely and totally fucked.  3 cabins while 1 is still being prepped?  

One of these "pros" in the original thread and not this "me too" thread argued with me that Vanessa can clear an entire cluster of cabins before AJ can barricade two doors.  

ROFL.  I have to wonder if these are secret Jason helpers and hope they start this trend of having all the doors open for Jason. 

2 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

No, if he kills all the power then hiding doesn't work. Hiding only works if you have no fear, which you will gain if he cuts off the power. Don't spread false information. Sense avoidance is only a CHANCE, and hiding in hiding spots to avoid Sense only works if there is still power, which a good Jason will cut off.

Plus, if you're hiding until rage, who's really wasting time? Lmao. Your game knowledge is lacking at best. You can't claim to be pro if you think you can hide until rage.

My AJ has 57% resist fear to darkness. She can hide in an unlit cabin for a long time. 

Edit:  accidental double post.