So i read in the page of the game that the campaign you just will be Jason and you will see misions that will remind you of the movies.... is that true because if it is like that it will be soo like wasted, the could do that you could play with Jason or a counselour i mean can you freaking imagine a story mode with you as a counselour be chased by Jason with your friends (bots obviusly) and be a counselour just like in the movies trying to escape, if you see the twitter of the game, they retweeted a storyboard with a counselours running to a barn, that's would be really cool not just being Jason like arrive to Crystal Lake in day and when the night comes you and your group need to survive and you have to make choices like someone say's that would be better go to the town but someone say's that is better repair the fuse box to call the police that is cool

I find being a counselor more entertaining and challenging so I worry that the single player mode will be boring to me personally if it's just Jason.

• Like 1

Just now, LadySansaLannister said:

I find being a counselor more entertaining and challenging so I worry that the single player mode will be boring to me personally if it's just Jason.

Yeah they could do a so great singleplayer being a counselour, i just hope that they will do what im saying xD i mean you imagine arrive to Crystal Lake in day (the lighting in the night are fabolous do you imagine in day?!) with a 80's music and you have to work at the camp in the day but when night arrives you have to make choices with your group to survive men the concept itself is amazing

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Yeah they could do a so great singleplayer being a counselour, i just hope that they will do what im saying xD i mean you imagine arrive to Crystal Lake in day (the lighting in the night are fabolous do you imagine in day?!) with a 80's music and you have to work at the camp in the day but when night arrives you have to make choices with your group to survive men the concept itself is amazing

Or a "final girl" round where you must try to survive the night as Jenny by yourself.

• Like 1

Just now, LadySansaLannister said:

Or a "final girl" round where you must try to survive the night as Jenny by yourself.

Yeah dudee that would be very awesome too!! please God if you are real make this happen xD

24 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Since I've changed my play style to an agressive buggzy I enjoy playing ALOT more than Jason :)

2 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

Since I've changed my play style to an agressive buggzy I enjoy playing ALOT more than Jason :)

Yeah play counselour is very cool too and a campaign mode with choices, 80's music and had the opportunity to see Crystal Lake in day with Unreal Engine 4 would be a amazing!

I believe that I read somewhere that it was decided that the cost of creating a Jason A.I. was too prohibitive :(.

32 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Sounds interesting! How do you reckon we should fill the "work at the camp in the day" part? I'd want some serious single player XP for feigning shock when AI Jason turns up later to kill me in a Friday the 13th game! 

Just now, RKSDooM said:

I believe that I read somewhere that it was decided that the cost of creating a Jason A.I. was too prohibitive :(.

Umh make counselours A.I. would be really hard too i mean the can attack you, pass through windows and a lot more of things and they are going to do a offline mode with bots so the have to creato Jason A.I.

Just now, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Umh make counselours A.I. would be really hard too i mean the can attack you, pass through windows and a lot more of things and they are going to do a offline mode with bots so the have to creato Jason A.I.

I'm pretty sure that's what the developers said - Jason A.I. would cost too much.

*shrugs*

If you say his name five times in the mirror, he will appear in this thread at some point! I warned the others in other threads, they didn't believe me. You're doomed. You're all doomed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

Sounds interesting! How do you reckon we should fill the "work at the camp in the day" part? I'd want some serious single player XP for feigning shock when AI Jason turns up later to kill me in a Friday the 13th game! 

The works day camp should be a choice too like in the original Friday the 13th, you could work like fixing some things, cut wood for fireplaces and check if everything is fine or you could go with your friends for swim in the lake, drink beer and dance with a cool 80's song! and when Jason should appear that's very hard to decide because like you i wanna feel the shock to watch Jason for the first time, they could do like you and your friends are telling stories in bonfire and then you start hear sound and boom someone scream and you have to make a fast choice

4 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

I'm pretty sure that's what the developers said - Jason A.I. would cost too much.

*shrugs*

In the FAQ of the game dev said that they are gonna do a offline with bots just like in the multiplayer so they have to do a Jason A.I.

1 minute ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

The works day camp should be a choice too like in the original Friday the 13th, you could work like fixing some things, cut wood for fireplaces and check if everything is fine or you could go with your friends for swim in the lake, drink beer and dance with a cool 80's song! and when Jason should appear that's very hard to decide because like you i wanna feel the shock to watch Jason for the first time, they could do like you and your friends are telling stories in bonfire and then you start hear sound and boom someone scream and you have to make a fast choice

I would say sex minigame but that's the perverted side of me talking. Though they could do a fade away thing like God of War lol.

1 minute ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Yeah but the characters in the original F13 were going about their business not knowing they were about to be slaughtered. Seeing as we bought a game called "F13" ...we know we're going to get slaughtered. It's a different dynamic, but I admire your passion for the topic!

I must leave this thread. He walks these forums here and now. It won't be long until someone says his name and he arrives. These kind of threads are a forum "Ouija board" for his forum input. We're doomed. We're all doomed. :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

In the FAQ of the game dev said that they are gonna do a offline with bots just like in the multiplayer so they have to do a Jason A.I.

Well, I would be totally happy to be wrong!

Daytime events could be mini games that determine your characters strengths and weaknesses for when the sh!t hits the fan. All the counselors would have 0s for all their stats at the beginning of the day and then participating in a certain activity would give you x amount of stamina points. Another activity gives you x amount of repair points. By the time you finish the predetermined amount of activities Jason shows up and you have a custom built counselor to try to survive the night. I know it'll never happen but it's interesting to think about.

Creating an A.I. as intellegent as the Alien A.I. from Alien: Isolation could be too much for Gun Media's small team of developers. That would be the level of intellegence I would expect from a Jason A.I. so if it is beyond their reach there is no reason to dissapoint us all. Besides it would give new players a chance to practice with Jason. Currently you have to learn on the fly. 

4 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

They don't have too. I mean it would be awesome but it's their game. If they want to do an A.I they can but saying they have to put a Jason A.I in is false. But I do agree, it should be an idea but with how this game is right now, I wouldn't hold my breath on a Jason A.I. 

11 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Creating an A.I. as intellegent as the Alien A.I. from Alien: Isolation could be too much for Gun Media's small team of developers. That would be the level of intellegence I would expect from a Jason A.I. so if it is beyond their reach there is no reason to dissapoint us all. Besides it would give new players a chance to practice with Jason. Currently you have to learn on the fly. 

Im not saying that they have to create such a good A.I. like Alien Isolation im saying that i hope in the history/singleplayer mode i would like play as a counselour too, be just Jason would be fun at the beggining but it's going to start being boring

13 hours ago, Davidt said:

Yes its been confirmed that single player will be jason only

In the main page say's that will be two singleplayer modes one like the multiplayer but with bots and another one that would be like a history mode "Single player will consist of objective-based missions where you take control of Jason. You’ll get to see missions that will remind you of the movies, as well as entirely new scenarios to sink your machete into!

We will also include offline counselor bots that you’ll be able to fight against without needing an online connection!" the could put the offline mode Jason A.I. to the history mode for certain events, and where Gun say that you will be Jason only? the only place where Gun say something about singleplayer was in the main page and was this (this was updated when they released the main page so it was like one year or 8 months ago so maybe they changed their plans)

9 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

In the main page say's that will be two singleplayer modes one like the multiplayer but with bots and another one that would be like a history mode "Single player will consist of objective-based missions where you take control of Jason. You’ll get to see missions that will remind you of the movies, as well as entirely new scenarios to sink your machete into!

We will also include offline counselor bots that you’ll be able to fight against without needing an online connection!" the could put the offline mode Jason A.I. to the history mode for certain events, and where Gun say that you will be Jason only? the only place where Gun say something about singleplayer was in the main page and was this (this was updated when they released the main page so it was like one year or 8 months ago so maybe they changed their plans)

I just heard both modes will be played as jason but not sure when they last confirmed this things do change over time so maybe bots will end up being able to play counselor or jason

On 2017-06-30 at 0:55 AM, Davidt said:

Yes its been confirmed that single player will be jason only

Yes. Sadly it's just a dream to think otherwise. Devs have confirmed many many many times that Jason AI is too costly to make. A counseler is easier, they just run to objectives and try to escape. Jason has to morph and stalk and trap objectives and hunt down people etc. It's much harder to program I'm sure.