bewareofbears

Matches Being Hijacked (and Host Migration or Bust)

My experience tonight was awful, not a single round went unblemished:

In no particular order

• Packaknack roof exploiters
  • Host quitting
  • Host quitting because I killed them as Jason
  • More Packaknack roof exploiters
  • Children 12 and under teamkilling, working with Jason
  • Rinse/repeat

I think I'm done until this all gets patched/fixed.

It only takes one person to hijack your game. Whether it being exploits, team killing or simply quitting as host- you're at the mercy of someone else and the PS4 community at large has shown they're more interested in playing hostage with you than playing the intended game. There's a surprising amount of kids in-game also and their priority seems to be using the glitches and exploits.

The gameplay has grown a little stale and I can live with that but the game as a whole is fundamentally flawed and flat-out broken in many respects. At the very least, host migration should be the #1 priority after fixing all of the exploits. With the wrong group of people (and it happens a lot), the game is unplayable.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

teamkilling,

I agree with everything but Team killing. It sucks but to me having to try and figure out who is friend or foe is something I like about this game. Would you kill someone to escape? Would you injure another player so Jason would go for them and not you. This is the one thing I think the game makes you think about. As for working with Jason, was with a bunch of kids who were team killing and or keeping the keys from other players. So there are ups and downs to the game, yeah kids will team kill you but that is something we all need to really think about, would you stab a team mate in the back to escape or die along side them? 

• Like 1

I'm contemplating whether or not to stop playing for a while too. I was Jason today for the first time in 5 days and I killed all but one because he was on packanack roof. 5 days to be Jason and then I can't even play a clean game. 

First 2 games yesterdayattacked and team killed in first few minutes. This game is going to die quick if they don't address all this quickly. There's already been a sizeable drop-off. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

. This game is going to die quick if they don't address all this quickly. There's already been a sizeable drop-off. 

Really?? because looking at Steam Charts, apart from the XP event, seems to be around the same level of people playing?

20 minutes ago, Chadstacca said:

Really?? because looking at Steam Charts, apart from the XP event, seems to be around the same level of people playing?

Well a couple of weeks ago on steam it was in top 50 now it's in bottom 100. Over 10k purchase reviews yet peak number of players sees only about 5k. That means only 10k who purchased reviewed game there could in fact be many more who own the game but it only has 5k player base. 

So like most games, massive spike when its 1st out then a drop off.

Im not having a dig, just saying for the last 10days its been around 4.5k to 5.2k.

People will come back once things are fixed, new maps added and other DLC added

@bewareofbears got Jason again. I was so shocked it's been so long. Higgins hidden room glitch used on me this time. People in the room behind bookcases. I can't play one legit game recently. 

There is a patch coming to address a lot of the exploits that exist. I think a lot of people are seeing host quit in a large number due to crashes. I am not saying that people do not take quit, but it appears to be more frequent due to crashes. That is also being fixed. If it is frustrating you which is understandable a break may be beneficial but this is getting better and better it's just the waiting part that can be a bummer. 

9 minutes ago, JPops said:

There is a patch coming to address a lot of the exploits that exist. I think a lot of people are seeing host quit in a large number due to crashes. I am not saying that people do not take quit, but it appears to be more frequent due to crashes. That is also being fixed. If it is frustrating you which is understandable a break may be beneficial but this is getting better and better it's just the waiting part that can be a bummer. 

The PS4 suffers from very few crashes,  luckily.  Experienced very few crashes myself. I do get quite a few host left or lobby closed before I can even get in. It also more often than not puts me in an empty lobby. Between quitting hosts, disconnected lobbies, lobby by myself, and glitches I get very little gameplay. Not to mention being killed early sometimes but I don't see that as an issue really. Also, escaping fast kind of sucks but the longer you stay the more likely you are to die. 

If I do find a good lobby I try and stay for a while because who knows when I'll get another chance to play. 

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

My experience tonight was awful, not a single round went unblemished:

In no particular order

• Packaknack roof exploiters
  • Host quitting
  • Host quitting because I killed them as Jason
  • More Packaknack roof exploiters
  • Children 12 and under teamkilling, working with Jason
  • Rinse/repeat

I think I'm done until this all gets patched/fixed.

It only takes one person to hijack your game. Whether it being exploits, team killing or simply quitting as host- you're at the mercy of someone else and the PS4 community at large has shown they're more interested in playing hostage with you than playing the intended game. There's a surprising amount of kids in-game also and their priority seems to be using the glitches and exploits.

The gameplay has grown a little stale and I can live with that but the game as a whole is fundamentally flawed and flat-out broken in many respects. At the very least, host migration should be the #1 priority after fixing all of the exploits. With the wrong group of people (and it happens a lot), the game is unplayable.

Agree.  Think I'm just gonna wait til single player comes out.  The game is unfinished in its current state anyway.   Dead by daylight actually runs really well and no waiting to get into a lobby.   Think i'll switch to it for a while.  

• Like 1

Sorry but Jason is the reason I upgraded my console in the first place. I'm not a greedy killer. I can abide a couple escapees every few games. Just means when they're up to be Jason a few rounds from now I'll use the same exploits they did, turn about is fair play.

Yep. It's a minefield getting to a good lobby, and once you get there, you know there's a time bomb ticking away that will crash the whole thing at any moment anyway, and while you're waiting you have to navigate all kinds of bugs (morph not working right; getting stuck somewhere; being unable to kill or let go of a counselor as Jason; unable to fire flare gun without first dropping it then picking it back up; etc.).

I'm on PS4 and it took me a long time to find people playing with microphones but once I did the games were GREAT. I found one instance of roof glitchers and I just quit the game. I also got to be Jason about 6 times in a day, so that was really cool.

• Like 1

Hosted a quick play lobby last night on PS4. Was ready to log off after my brother and friend left for the night. But told the new comers I'd keep the lobby open for a round or two as long as nobody glitches, exploits, teamkills or collaborates with Jason. One dude heckled me a little for it at first but he was just joking around and I wound up keeping it open for like four or five clean games. It felt so wonderful to be in a good lobby with decent people instead of having to run from teamkillers and collaboraters or hunt them down with the shotty. This game is so much more enjoyable when the dregs of the gaming community are not present.

It's getting harder and harder to defend. I play this game everyday and I love it. It's got a lot of problems that just make me want to step away also. Last game I was J8 and I was trapping the phone box when one of my traps gets stuck to my leg. I'm walking around with a patch of leaves on my leg and I can't swing the axe or grab. Had to quit out. So now I got what 8-10 hours maybe before I'm Jason again. Between the disconnects, getting dashboarded, quitters because they ain't Jason, host leaving, and glitchers. It's unplayable in quick matches. I play on Xbox. 

I'm on PS4 and I haven't had nearly as many issues with toxic players. 75% of my games are quick play solo. I'm guessing it's because I play really late at night. I've never seen someone use the roof glitch in game and last night was the first time I've seen someone use the crouch wall glitch. I've only ever seen 2 other people glitching  intentionally before last night since launch (lvl 44). Looking forward to these glitches getting patched so more people can enjoy the game properly. 

Not sure about anyone else but quick play for me had been a joke. Glitchers and quitters are abundant. I play on Xbox One and have several good groups to play with in private games but crashing had been prevalent since day one and worse since the recent patch. I seriously enjoy this game and power through the bs but if this new patch doesn't drastically fix the crashing issue at the very least, I may be tempted to metaphorically shelve this beautiful disaster. 

Unless I somehow forget the bullshit or become insatiably bored, I'm done until there's a patch. The game in it's current state sucks and is woefully broken.

16 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I agree with everything but Team killing. It sucks but to me having to try and figure out who is friend or foe is something I like about this game. Would you kill someone to escape? Would you injure another player so Jason would go for them and not you. This is the one thing I think the game makes you think about. As for working with Jason, was with a bunch of kids who were team killing and or keeping the keys from other players. So there are ups and downs to the game, yeah kids will team kill you but that is something we all need to really think about, would you stab a team mate in the back to escape or die along side them? 

I would rather give my seat in the car to keep Jason busy because i'm good at going toe to toe with him ,if my team could escape thats why i play to help and have fun, lately i just shoot the glitchers on the ps4 glad they don't delevel you in this game as of yet i would be level 1 for the whole game at this rate.But i'm a team player i'll fix anything and let others escape before me,even if i die its still fun for me.

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I would rather give my seat in the car to keep Jason busy because i'm good at going toe to toe with him ,if my team could escape thats why i play to help and have fun, lately i just shoot the glitchers on the ps4 glad they don't delevel you in this game as of yet i would be level 1 for the whole game at this rate.But i'm a team player i'll fix anything and let others escape before me,even if i die its still fun for me.

I'm only a team player when other's wanna work together, if not then I solo everything. I'll escape alone. 

I hate when people bitch about how you try to survive like don't worry about what I'm doing and  do whgat you do

the woes of playing quick match, i feel sorry for you guys, i gave up on playing quickmatch a long time ago and never looked back. 

I wasn't really running into this much at the beginning, but it's becoming a HUGE problem lately.  I don't know if the kids who were relying on roof glitches to survive are now actually playing, hosting, and rage quitting, but it's suddenly become much worse.  Seems like every other game when I'm Jason, I'll have a guy isolated with no stamina, and just when I'm about to grab him, I get the "Host has left the game" message and the game ends.

The banning of the glitchers was a huge step in the right direction.  But after the next patch, host migration should be THE #1 priority to fix.

Host quitting has got the change! Happened 5 times in a damn row. Cannot get a single full game in 

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:58 AM, Ghostboy20 said:

Team killing is a part of the game.  If it weren't, there would be no friendly fire and the game would not award negative XP for doing so- that means the devs want you to make a choice and if you kill another player you lose XP.  But it's a legit strategy to injure another person to entice Jason to pursue them instead of you.