So I've read that the developers are adding a single player element to the game this summer.  Well the summer is very much in full swing, any word yet on when this will happen?

13 minutes ago, Coach81 said:

So I've read that the developers are adding a single player element to the game this summer.  Well the summer is very much in full swing, any word yet on when this will happen?

Nothing firm. "Late Summer" is the last official word I saw.

My guess is October... y'know, Summer, right? ;)

• Like 1

I think they've got a lot of things on their plate for the time being, there are still issues present from launch that they're likely working on :) There hasn't been any word on single player recently.

British summertime doesn't end until September 22nd. Not sure how that is for the rest of the world. 

I'm moreso curious what a singleplayer campaign would even be like...

Is it just what we currently have with multiplayer, but with bots?

1 minute ago, munkt0r said:

I'm moreso curious what a singleplayer campaign would even be like...

Is it just what we currently have with multiplayer, but with bots?

I think I saw something about it being a Jason mode, only.

You play as him, against A.I. counselors, striving to achieve certain goals, set by the game, based on some movie situations and new ones created for the game.

Assumably, that might mean things like: Kill a counselor in the bathroom, as one example.

32 minutes ago, Retro Edge said:

Don't get hyped, it will just be offline play vs. CPU.

There's both... offline vs AI bots, and single player challenge missions based on scenes from the films. 

• Like 1

An official post with any information about this would be greatly appreciated.  With how much things have changed since they originally announced this, I don't trust any of the old information.

Single player should be the last thing anyone is worried about right now. Let's get the glitches and connectivity issues under control before we go trying to roll out new content.

• Like 5

I'm actually really looking forward to single player mode.  Kinda sucks when the groups you run with know you are the weakest link skill wise and take you out first.   I know...i know...."git gud".   Yeah, heard it over and over.  However, life comes first.  Two...maybe three games a night doesn't exactly set you up to "git gud".  Especially with spawn kills.  So, once single player finally comes out i will more than likely be done with online for the most part. 

• Like 1

Considering that patches and small content updates were such an issue,I'm worried that the single player update will break the game completely 

:(

I'm hoping it is like multiplayer in the XP and CP earnings. It would also be a good way for players to practice for multiplayer.

2 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

There's both... offline vs AI bots, and single player challenge missions based on scenes from the films. 

offline vs AI bots - Yes.     single player challenge missions based on scenes from the films - Not Confirmed.

Just now, TWarner said:

offline vs AI bots - Yes.     single player challenge missions based on scenes from the films - Not Confirmed.

Are you sure? I'm sure I've heard that both are confirmed. 

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

Are you sure? I'm sure I've heard that both are confirmed. 

Where did you hear it ?  I had heard of offline mode with bots and you can only be Jason but not missions based on the films. Trust me I hope I'm wrong and would love that !

Just now, TWarner said:

Where did you hear it ?  I had heard of offline mode with bots and you can only be Jason but not missions based on the films. Trust me I hope I'm wrong and would love that !

Sure I read or heard it at one or the PAX conventions...something along the lines of "Challenge missions that will remind you of scenes from the films". Obviously not featuring those movie characters themselves or exact scenes being lifted though. Something which sounds more reminiscent of Hitman gameplay "kill the counselors without being detected" etc etc Rather than the base game.

@GunMedia_Ben?

9 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Sure I read or heard it at one or the PAX conventions...something along the lines of "Challenge missions that will remind you of scenes from the films". Obviously not featuring those movie characters themselves or exact scenes being lifted though. Something which sounds more reminiscent of Hitman gameplay "kill the counselors without being detected" etc etc Rather than the base game.

@GunMedia_Ben?

That would be AWESOME !

Would NOT get my hopes up over "scenes that remind you of the movies." Gun has proven to be very particular with their word choices in the past so they don't promise something that they are unable to deliver. "We said it will remind you of, not actually be similar. Kill a counsellor outside of Higgins Haven...just like Rick was killed outside of it, see?" Although we tested it and thought using the headcrusher kill was boring and changed it."

@thatdudescott Do you even go to this school? ?

• Like 1