Rate your experience from the first month  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your experience thus far:

• 10 - Best ever
    • 5 - Meh
    • 0 - Worst ever

It's a been a month since launch:

On a scale of 0 to 10, rate your experience with this game in it's first month.

10 all day. Best game on ps4 since the console launched. HANDS FUCKING DOWN! 

It's without a doubt one of the most funs games I've ever played. I gave it an 8 simply due to the server problems from time to time.

• Like 2

I'd give the game a 9. Too many glitches and unresolved issues for a perfect score. I'd give the playerbase a 5. Too many griefers, taunters, and general ass hats. Don't get me wrong, there's some genuine good ones, but the bad ones are bad enough to bring down the overall score.

• Like 2

Voted 4, although the game is fun for an hour or two at a time, the presentation is poor, the game is extremely limited and hasn't really run well since launch, from floating counsellors to roof campers. The hit boxes are also way out, sometimes it's impossible to hit Jason and there's nothing worse than opening a door, walking inside and going to close the door, only to have them exit and close the door again. Ultimately, it was a great concept for a game, but the wrong team were handed the licence, it should have gone to a AAA studio who could have taken the potential and created a fantastic game around the IP. This feels like a PS2 game, in looks and everything else. Only including three identical maps was the most unforgivable aspect for me, that ruined the game a lot faster than anything, because of the complete lack of variety available. Feels half finished and broken, if I knew what I know now about the game, I definitely wouldn't have brought it, bit of a rip off because there isn't enough content there and what Is there is pretty broken. I've seen all the movies, I'm a fan, but that alone cannot save a game that is average at best. Missed opportunity is the kindest description I can use.

When the game works it's easily a 9 or 10. This is by FAR the best licensed game to ever come out. No other company has translated a film franchise so well to a video game. With that said though, the game has been a buggy, crashing, broken mess since day one and it's barely gotten any better a month later. I can't think of a worse launch for a game. It's so  frustrating because the game is so incredibly fun. 

Easily a 10 any day. As soon as I host a private game and fill up with LFG mics only we all have a brilliant time! No glitchers, no TK, nobody whinging about spectating or Savini is OP.

just great fun and I love it

Could not play the game for nearly 2 weeks at launch due to the database login error, this brought the score down the most. I can overlook the glitches and bugs as they can be fixed overtime. It really is a fun game when it works properly, well worth the money in the end even after a bad start. 

2 hours ago, Campkill said:

10 all day. Best game on ps4 since the console launched. HANDS FUCKING DOWN! 

:lol:

Despite all the bugs, griefing, and a few unfair matches here and there, I got a lot of fun memories playing this awesome game with friends, family, and strangers alike. I had a great feeling about this game when I first heard about it on Kickstarter and I've been a huge fan ever since and a much better fan of the Friday the 13th movie franchise as well. Here's to many more awesome months ahead of us with new content. 10/10

7- Having great fun... but disconnects, host leaving, player killing, and the cheats bring the score down for me a bit... but I still enjoy it.

3 hours ago, El Jefe said:

I'd give the game a 9. Too many glitches and unresolved issues for a perfect score. I'd give the playerbase a 5. Too many griefers, taunters, and general ass hats. Don't get me wrong, there's some genuine good ones, but the bad ones are bad enough to bring down the overall score.

This.

I hope and think in time this will re balance into small yet dedicated and fun group to play the game with.

• Like 1

Other than the various game crashes and bugs, I've been having a blast.  I only bought the game two days ago but I've already put about 15 hours into it.

Probably my favourite moment so far was when I was running from Jason, dived through a window and landed in my friend's bear trap and died. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. 

It's those moments that make this game so damn special. 

If they fix the bugs and add a bit more content, this game could EASILY be a 10/10

Gave it a ten once crashes/dashboarding/glitches are sorted might be able to crank it to 11.

more maps would be great once the game on Xbox one is stable enough.

Gave it a 6. When the game works, it's some of the most fun I've had in years.

But all the crashing on the Xbox has really started to take its toll on me.

Last night it was my 4th game on and I say to the lobby hey guys if I get picked to be Jason the game is probably going to crash, sure enough the loading screen ends and I can see the two circles to pick up the knives and bam.

crashed like a mug.

Depends on if it works as not

when working it's a 9/10

when you factor in that it disconnects, kicks you out, can't find matches and has un epaired game breaking glitches then it's down to a 3-4

42 minutes ago, 7theye said:

Depends on if it works as not

when working it's a 9/10

when you factor in that it disconnects, kicks you out, can't find matches and has un epaired game breaking glitches then it's down to a 3-4

Yep.

I was wondering about folks' overall experience, not so much just what they'd rate the game/gameplay so your experience in general applies. Some folks have had minimal issues and others have had nothing but issues. I can't remember how long @Daveo had to wait for his first game but it was crazy.

Yes I'm looking beyond bugs, glitches, and such as they will be fixed with time. For entertainment value, it's some of the best money I've ever spent on a game and I bought 4 copies for myself, and three friends when I backed it. Kudos to the team for NAILING the atmosphere and making it a survival horror game that feels like a true Friday the 13th movie! The Jason's are awesome, love the kills, and most of all love the comradeship amongst players! I'm not talking about the griefers obviously. I've added over 60 friends due to this game in last two weeks alone! No game has ever done that for me! I've experienced incredible tension, suspense, and TONS of irreplaceable laughs and fun! That deserves a 10! Hell, half the glitches have even had us laughing hysterically. And I believe that over time, all these issues will he worked out, we'll see more Jason's, maps, counselors, kills, clothing..... and who knows what else. And I haven't even discussed upcoming single player yet. This game did something I never thought possible... have me enjoy and love a multiplayer experience! For all these reasons, it can't be less then a 10! 

• Like 1

I gave it a 5. 

The gameplay itself is very fun, and I'm definitely addicted to it. I'll be playing it for a long time to come. 

That being said though, the Ps4 servers have been terrible since launch. Sure there's been some improvement, but I can't stay in a lobby for more than 3 matches due to constant disconnects and lag. 

Another thing lately that I've noticed too is I can't get 7/7 or 8/8 kills when I'm jason due to people either quitting or disconnecting, which is also getting very annoying. 

Once all this is fixed, the game will easily be a 9/10 for me. 

I am going to give it a 7

I find the game can be a tremendous amount of fun, and the developers have truly nailed the core experience of a classic 1980's survival horror experience to a point where it does actually feel like you are playing out the movies

The resemblance to each Jason from various chapters is uncanny, and brilliantly designed, and you can see that the developers are avid fans of the franchise, and it shows in their work, and I am sure that all die-hard fans love the way that they brought the franchise to life within the game

Had i known about this project during it's kickstarter days, I would have gladly backed it without question

My reasons for not being able to give this a 10 is an unfortunately long list of bugs that I am sure we are all aware of, and the amount of content that is abused by a portion of the community

• This includes map hacking in large variations, game crashes and freezes across all platforms,
  • Broken character glitches such as Jason unable to use any abilities,counselors getting stuck in drawer looting animation, hit boxes that are not functioning as intended,
  • No report or soft ban system for repeat team killers, toxic communication abuse over voice chat or abandoner penalties for leaving matches. 
  • Delays in content release dates, the lack of a single player campaign/option, and no massive incentive beyond reaching level 31 apart from more CP to roll more lackluster perks, and unlock different color re-skins of existing clothes
  • Spectating option that offers little incentive to the player if they die early in the match, and they are left to spectate through 15+ minutes of roof glitchers
  • Bad PR control by Gun Media in communicating the release date of content too early, and not being able to deliver on time rather than releasing content when it's ready without making too much media hype about it in advance - This has bitten them in the rear multiple times
  • Very limited feedback from the development team since the release

With that being said, and the negative aspects out of the way, these are problems that Gun Media can remedy, and hopefully fix in time. I think the community would like to see more regular and accurate updates from the developers around what they are aware of, and what they are working on/plan to address first

Once the game-breaking issues are out of the way, they can focus on some DLC in the form of maps, characters, and possibly a new Jason or two, and maybe a spectator incentive with a report system for leavers, and hopefully a soft-ban system for repeat offenders in the teamkill/team damage category

I for one will play this for a long time, as the parts of the game that work, are enough to keep me playing for a long time, well done to Gun Media, this is truly a gem of a game that just needs a bit of polish to reach it's full potential, and the moment those are addressed, this moves up to a 10/10 for me.

For me, a 9.

I have had the most fun with a video game since Skyrim's original release in '11.

Only thing keeping it from a perfect 10, for me, is host migration.

I know the world is full of fools. Glitchers, whiners, quitters... they aren't going away. I can deal with them, even as I am NOT one of them.

The one thing that ticks me off, however, is when the host has an issue (may not even be their fault!) and it ruins the other 7 players' experiences. Once this is fixed, I'd go so far as a 10.

Another map or three would be amazing, too. 

Cast my vote in at 9 due to how fun the game is :) I have a great time playing it and it's pretty much everything I expected it to be. There's bugs and there's been issues, but I can forgive Gun for them. They're not a massive studio like EA or something, and I understand they're working hard to get everything right. Can't be mad about it :)

Gave it a 8 very fun game but no perfect score due to all the connection errors and bugs/glitches. Game can get boring after a while also unless u have a fun group that use mics often.