wildthing73

Killing Jason legitimately is super difficult without the right group of people

So, yesterday I tried to get a group of friends together in a Private Match to legitimately try and kill Jason.  So, I invited a few of my friends to the match (one of whom was all into enjoying the great find of the roof glitch, more on that later), then a couple of them proceeded to send invites out to some of their friends. We finally got a full house with 8 of us and I notified everyone what our goal was.  Everyone was on board, we had like 6 guys and 2 girls playing, and I said I'd go ahead and make myself Jason to start. I played as part 3 Jason since he's one of the easiest to knock his mask off and I don't play with him much anymore (I prefer playing as part 6 and part 9). The team did really well, calling Tommy right away and a person was able to get the sweater fairly early.  Then they smartly all got together to team up on me to get the mask off which they successfully did, but not before I killed 3 of them. Tommy showed up and they all went into Higgin's Haven, but this was were they made a mistake as the person with the sweater used it on me and unfortunately nobody hit me while I was stunned by it.  So, I finished killing all of them since we couldn't complete the goal.

Next game I made Jason random with the same team, I played as AJ and immediately went and got the sweater (which I had to swim to the island to get), I found my fellow teammates and checked to see if any of them had called Tommy... they said no, they hadn't found the radio cabin yet.  So, we all continued to try and find it, while Jason (part 8) continued to try and find us.  He killed all of us except me and another friend playing as Chad, yet we couldn't find the damn radio cabin at all.  We made our way down to the last few cabins and I was killed, and then while spectating I saw my friend come up to the last cabin which had the radio in it.  He was then killed by Jason there, and I was in awe that we could have been that unlucky in that game.

So, after this the 2 girls had to leave the game, and some of the other players invited some other people to join us. Again I let them know what the goal we were attempting was and they were all supposedly on board. We again had a random Jason and I was playing as AJ.  After looting a couple of cabins, my one friend (that was screwing around with the roof glitch earlier in the day) told me he had the sweater and I checked my map and saw Tommy had already been called... so I gave him my baseball bat and I took his axe to save for Tommy.  So, we began getting together with the rest of the players to work on knocking Jason's mask off more (as one of us was already killed), I checked the map again and another player had been killed and Tommy was spawned.  We kept creeping to where the rest of the players were, then the player who spawned as Tommy came up... and I just told my friend with the sweater that now we got a great chance to get this done.  No sooner had I said that, the guy playing as Tommy took his shotgun and shot my friend wearing the sweater and killed him.  I was like, what the hell!! We had this and this selfish prick had to screw it all up.  After the game was over this douche claimed that someone snitched on him and he was paying them back, I was like are you completely nuts, we were all on the same page trying to kill Jason and you have to get paranoid cause Jason found you fairly easy and blame it on someone else.  Especially considering that the person he shot was off getting the sweater and was right with me the whole the rest of the match, till this dipshit shot him. So, I went ahead an kicked that asshole from the game, and we went into the next few games with someone else being invited to join us to replace him.

Next couple of games didn't go very well as we failed to get to the sweater or failed to get to call Tommy.  One game we had part 2 Jason in (which I think is glitched sometimes to have issues spawning Tommy with that Jason in), we called Tommy and I went to get the sweater and the guy playing Jason thought it would be funny to use everyone of his traps around the front of the shack.  I didn't have a pocket knife so I tried to go ahead and get in through the left side and got snapped twice and killed.  Then I spectated and watched one of the male characters get killed and was waiting for either him or me to respawn as Tommy, but it never happened and the player playing as the last female character attempted to get to get to the shack like I had earlier and was again snapped twice and killed.  Tommy never did spawn, which I had happen to me in 3 games a few days before this when part 2 Jason was selected.  So, I asked everyone to refrain from using that Jason from then on (not to mention the fact that the guy playing as Jason had screwed us all over with that trap bullshit, which no real Jason playing a real game would do, it was a douche thing to do considering he knew what we were attempting), so he left the game. 

We were down to just 6 of us in the game now and someone decided it would be a good idea to invite the guy back that had shot the sweater wearer with Tommy earlier, I decided to go ahead and let him in, maybe he had cooled off and we could legitimately try to do this again.  I ended up randomly being Jason this time (part 9), and wished everyone luck in trying to kill me. I killed one person and I don't think any of the other players were able to call for Tommy or get the sweater yet. However in this game my friend (who was infatuated with the roof glitch earlier in the day), decided to take 3 other players (one of those was the asshole that did did the Tommy shotgun kill earlier) to the main house at Packanack and show them this stupid glitch, and after I killed the first person outside that house... I saw them all on the roof.  I threw a few knives at each of them, hoping they would just return to the game, but no... they decided to waste all of our time by staying up on that stupid roof the whole rest of the game.  During the last minute in the match I went upstairs were they could hear me and told them that I was giving them fair warning that if they continued this idiotic shit that I'd kick them from the match. The douche that did the Tommy shotgun kill, got really belligerent and apparently the other 2 that went up with him were friends of his, so they joined in with him.  So, I kicked all 3 of them and warned my friend that really started it all that I'd kick him too if he didn't stop screwing around with that glitch crap. 

He stayed and we played a couple of more games, but couldn't end up killing Jason.  Then as another person was trying to join our team, I got the blue screen Suggested Actions error screen, so I just gave it up and quit playing.  So, it really takes a committed bunch of serious players to come together to really pull this Jason kill off legitimately, all it takes is one oddball to really screw this plan up (either on the counselor or Jason side of things).

The hardest part is hoping it doesn't bug out when you actually try to initiate the sweater/kill. 

• Like 1

TL:DR

It's SUPPOSED to be super difficult to kill Jason legitimately. But when you think about it...it's really not THAT hard to achieve. All you need is a female character + sweater and Tommy Jarvis to get the wheels in motion. Once players see both of those are in play, getting the kill can become feasible, as long as everyone knows what needs to be done. Seems most people still don't know all the steps. Heck, I still see people in game asking "Can you kill Jason?"...So it's clearly not common knowledge yet.

I've had a few public rounds where it almost happened. It would just fall short for various reasons. Like once, I had to use the sweater to stay alive and the rest of the Counselors were just a little too far when I did it, so we weren't able to knock him down to his knees. I managed to knock his mask off before using the sweater too. I was basically running/fighting Jason and yelling for the other Counselors to get their asses to me because I got the mask off and was wearing the sweater. 

• Like 1

That is if you have a group of committed players that stick to the goal, unlike what happened to me. We'd have had it in our first attempt, if the sweater wearer or someone around there had hit me after they used the sweater.

1 minute ago, wildthing73 said:

That is if you have a group of committed players that stick to the goal, unlike what happened to me.

Yeah logistically its simple. However, there are so many variables that will make it hard to achieve. For example, it widely varys on the type of Jason you're fighting, the counselors picked, the location of the shack, the skill level of the person playing Jason, skill level of counselors, who gets picked as Tommy. etc. etc. If you have a full team, committed to killing Jason from the start, its a bit easier - even then some of the variables can make it more challenging.

I think it takes the perfect level of co-ordination to pull off. Not too easy, not too hard.

Tommy Jarvis gets called in 90% of the time. There's always at least 1 female Counselor...So get Tommy + female counselor with the sweater together = easy.

Next, find a machete (you need it for the kill anyways) and use it to knock his mask off. This is probably the hardest part to achieve, since it requires fighting Jason.

After that, it's really just a matter of making sure Sweater Counselor and Tommy are together. Then it's easy...Just hit Jason in the back while the sweater is being used on him, then execute him with the machete.

I think with 2-3 people actively TRYING to do this, it's easily done. Just requires luck in getting one of those people as Tommy.

15 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I think it takes the perfect level of co-ordination to pull off. Not too easy, not too hard.

Tommy Jarvis gets called in 90% of the time. There's always at least 1 female Counselor...So get Tommy + female counselor with the sweater together = easy.

Next, find a machete (you need it for the kill anyways) and use it to knock his mask off. This is probably the hardest part to achieve, since it requires fighting Jason.

After that, it's really just a matter of making sure Sweater Counselor and Tommy are together. Then it's easy...Just hit Jason in the back while the sweater is being used on him, then execute him with the machete.

I think with 2-3 people actively TRYING to do this, it's easily done. Just requires luck in getting one of those people as Tommy.

Actually, it's better if it's the whole group, since that makes teaming up on Jason and knocking his mask off easier... cause you don't want to sacrifice your sweater counselor or Tommy, otherwise the whole thing is shot. Like with the dumbass that became Tommy and shot our sweater counselor

18 minutes ago, wildthing73 said:

Actually, it's better if it's the whole group, since that makes teaming up on Jason and knocking his mask off easier... cause you don't want to sacrifice your sweater counselor or Tommy, otherwise the whole thing is shot. Like with the dumbass that became Tommy and shot our sweater counselor

Obviously better with the whole group. Easier, for sure. I'm just saying that 2-3 can pull it off if they know what they're doing.

My brother, a friend and I usually party up to play. We've gotten pretty close to doing it. We just never seem to be lucky enough to be in control of the sweater and Tommy at the same time. Always one or the other, and the other is some random with no mic. We go for the sweater and hope one of us gets Tommy. If we had 5-6 more players like us, we'd kill Jason constantly lol. I'd actually imagine if the WHOLE group was on board, it would actually be pretty easy to pull of. Hardest part still being getting the mask off. But Bugzy can easily do it with 2 hits with a machete.

10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Obviously better with the whole group. Easier, for sure. I'm just saying that 2-3 can pull it off if they know what they're doing.

My brother, a friend and I usually party up to play. We've gotten pretty close to doing it. We just never seem to be lucky enough to be in control of the sweater and Tommy at the same time. Always one or the other, and the other is some random with no mic. We go for the sweater and hope one of us gets Tommy. If we had 5-6 more players like us, we'd kill Jason constantly lol. I'd actually imagine if the WHOLE group was on board, it would actually be pretty easy to pull of. Hardest part still being getting the mask off. But Bugzy can easily do it with 2 hits with a machete.

Yeah, hardest part is definitely getting his mask off.  But sometimes you do have the problem of having a hell of a time finding the radio to call Tommy, if not that it's the damned sweater is on the island :(

2 minutes ago, wildthing73 said:

Yeah, hardest part is definitely getting his mask off.  But sometimes you do have the problem of having a hell of a time finding the radio to call Tommy, if not that it's the damned sweater is on the island :(

Tommy Radio is in the cabin with the big red/white tower with a red beacon light at the top...It should always be found within the first minute with any decent group of counselors. But I have been noticing more and more players ignoring it. Must be a huge influx of noobs lately. But really...you can't miss that cabin. The only thing that should stop a Tommy call is Jason disabling the power in the area. But most Jason players will prioritize trapping the fuse box or cars ahead of disabling power, giving you more than enough time to get him called.

37 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Tommy Radio is in the cabin with the big red/white tower with a red beacon light at the top...It should always be found within the first minute with any decent group of counselors. But I have been noticing more and more players ignoring it. Must be a huge influx of noobs lately. But really...you can't miss that cabin. The only thing that should stop a Tommy call is Jason disabling the power in the area. But most Jason players will prioritize trapping the fuse box or cars ahead of disabling power, giving you more than enough time to get him called.

Problem is, in Crystal Lake sometimes that cabin doesn't even have the red/white tower with a red beacon light at the top, so it makes it much much harder to find.

I have 2 legit kills 2 where jason asked us to kill him. Seems fine to me. Any easier and it would be done too much

2 minutes ago, wildthing73 said:

It's only a legit kill if the Jason is fighting back and not just letting you kill him.

Maybe i should clarify, 2 kills legit with Jason fighting back, 2 where we was asked to kill him , 4 total. Sorry I  didn't word it better

Thank the heavens he is hard to kill.

Why would you want this to be easier ?

I was already annoyed as Hell by the fact it could be done.

At least it's rather hard to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redmarble said:

Thank the heavens he is hard to kill.

Why would you want this to be easier ?

I was already annoyed as Hell by the fact it could be done.

At least it's rather hard to do.

Yeah...IF it's gonna be possible to kill him, they damn well should make it difficult as hell.

I also like that they made it a specific set of events that need to occur in order to do it, and not like an HP meter or something dumb like that.

• Like 1

I did it once online and I had the sweater while my friend was Tommy. Us and 2 others were ready in a cabin and we kept trying to attack Jason and one of us died, but eventually we got it and killed him.

I've only personally saw it happen legitimately once (I was spectating at that point, can't take credit for the kill myself) - Tommy and Jenny lured Jason (Part 2) into the shack, then basically cornered him in the back and tried to double team him with melee attacks.  Another dead player was spectating with me, and he's like "What are they doing?", I told him "Looks like they're trying to kill Jason".  He hadn't seen one either, I guess.  Luckily, they had multiple pocket knives and healing sprays between them, and they got the job done.  I was also pleasantly surprised that even eliminated players like me got XP for the Jason kill.

I also saw a near-miss recently - Tommy and a female counselor in a cabin, mask is off, they stun Jason with the sweater, and he's on his knees, but...Tommy has no weapon left.  He desperately runs around the cabin looking for a machete to grab, but by the time he grabs a wrench (which I don't believe would have worked anyway), Jason has recovered and the sweater is used up by that point, so they blew their chance, lol.

I hope I'm involved in a Jason kill myself someday.

8 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah...IF it's gonna be possible to kill him, they damn well should make it difficult as hell.

I also like that they made it a specific set of events that need to occur in order to do it, and not like an HP meter or something dumb like that.

But Jason DOES have an HP meter, when it reaches zero his mask comes off ;p

every time I see a group try this they always end up hitting him before he drops to his knees.

I've only seen Jason get killed in a non-staged manner once, three of us left including Tommy and one player had the sweater, headed for the police when Jason showed up and we noticed his mask was off, the guy playing Jason sounded both bummed out and stoked at the same time as we proceeded to end him.

I have been in a few groups though where we wanted to see the Jason getting killed animations for the various skins, those groups go fine until one Jason inevitably changes their mind and butchers the s*** out of the group.

I've never seen it happen. Seen Jason get his mask knocked off (and been Jason several times with my mask knocked off), but never seen Jason stunned after that and knocked to his knees, let alone killed.