Kalidor

Ranking the films. Let's compare :)

Hello!

Not sure which subdomain (if any :/) this belongs in. If it isn't appropriate, please delete, admins.

I thought it'd be fun for everyone to list their personal rankings on which F13 films they liked, from best to least.

Now, I have not seen Jason X or the Freddy one, so mine are based on the first 9 and the reboot.

Here goes!

1. Part 2 .  I think this one has all the elements I enjoy about the genre. Jason makes his debut, which is the only thing placing this above 1, enjoyable cast of counselors. Judge me as you will, but I could have used a moment or three of more boobs. Otherwise, perfect. Sack head always freaked me out more than the hockey mask. And the reveal was excellent!

2. Part 1 .   The film was gritty and when I first saw it I was surprised by the ending. Other than the lack of realism (even for an F13 flick!) what with Pamela's kills, it's as near perfect as a slasher gets.

3. Part 4 .  I expect this to be most people's choice. It's an excellent addition to the franchise. Probably should be number 1, in truth, but I have a soft spot for the first 2. Hey, I'm 45 years old... what can I say? Feldman's final scenes were boss.

4. Part 3.  I recall seeing this in the movies and even then I thought the 3D effects were cheesy af... But, otherwise, it's a solid entry. I rewatched a few times over the years, even as recently as 2 weeks ago, and it holds up well, despite the forced perspective for those 3Dkills.

5. Part 6.  I struggle with ranking the rest, as there's a real separation for me from those 4 above to the remainder. I think this one wins out as best of the "worst", though. I like this Tommy well enough, certainly better than Part 5's. Nowhere near as much as Feldman's, of course. I also struggle with the fact that they made Jason so supernatural and, well... weird, going forward. But this was the first in that new direction. And I think still the best.

6. Reboot. Other than making Jason a feral woodsman, fast and agile, I liked this one. There was a good group of victims, well-rounded tropes. Girl next door, hot chick, stoner, jock (also a stoner) "hero", big jerk, etc. The more I think I about it, the more I a waffle between moving this up a spot. It wasn't perfect, by any stretch, and could never approach those big 4, but I enjoyed it more than I think most did. A couple of humorous parts helped, too.

7. Part 7. The last of the ones that I'll likely ever rewatch (again). Tina is ok and I like that there's a scumbag to root against, but the film, overall, is as mediocre as it gets. But hey, Russell and that Chad sweater, right?

8. Part 5.  We're getting into the films that I didn't care for as much, now. This one, for me, suffers from the direction they took with Tommy. While I understand many/most of us would go crazy from his experiences, I didn't care for how it was handled. And the fact that Jason's involvement, was... shall we say minimal? did not help. Though I still would love a Roy Burns in our beloved game here...

8. Part 8. I wouldn't say I actively dislike this addition to the franchise... It has some redeeming elements. Some interesting kills, a couple of "likable" characters... But the boat and the streets are no place for Jason. As tired as it may be to be set in the woods and cabins, that feels like F13 to me. Not the Big Apple. Well, the fifteen minutes of the city it's set in anyways. In totality?  Bad.

9. Part 9.  Wow. Well, I watched it. Once. Don't really need to say much more than this.

As I stated, I have not braved X or Freddy's, yet. 

So... what say yous?

Although this is about F13 films, this is still the wrong section of the forum to discuss this. It should be under "All Things Horror". This is for GAME discussion.

Plus...you didn't put Part VI in your Top 3...smh.

lol Horschack's death should have elevated it to top 3!

Admins, please move this where it should be? I apologize for the misstep. 

I only liked the movies with supernatural Jason 

1. Part 6. 

I loved how badass Jason got and the spear was an epic weapon. Plus the suspense was highest in this one because of all the children. I respected Jason for not killing them.

2. Freddy vs Jason

Jason while burning on fire just walks into a massive party with almost a hundered people and starts slashing everyone. He doesn't mess around here. 

3. Jason x

I loved uber Jason and the way he deflected bullets. It's also explores how the goverment have been doing research into his "regenerative abilities".

4. Part 7. 

Seeing Jason looking like wtf as he gets thrown by a psychic chick.

4. Part 8.

Jason goes to Manhattan enough said.

Part 9 was terrible so it's out of the list with the other movies.

Now that I think about it, its kinda sad that the franchise only had 4 decent movies.

Part 2, 3 and 4 pretty much had the same plot.

It was getting repetitive at that point and part 5 was just terrible without Jason. 

1. Part 6 -  Great characters, great music. This version of Tommy put it over the top for me.  

2. Part 4

3. Part 2.  

4. Part 3

5. Part 1 -  This might be lower if it's strictly how likely i am to put the dvd in.   I just like watching Jason do his thing more.  

6. Remake -  Good mixed group of characters.   Thought Clay was a good lead.   Could have used more Friday the 13th type music.  Don't think it's as terrible as people say.

7. Part 8 - although it's crazy, i do like the ship as a setting   

8.  Freddy vs Jason - Don't understand ALL the hate   Some I understand   I thought it was about as good as could be   

9.  Part 7 -  Just didn't really like Tina that much.   Jason looked the best though.   Gotta rewatch it now for the Chad sweater!

10.   Part 5 - At least it continued Tommy's story.   Thought Junior and his mom were hilarious!

11.  Jason X -  Ive only watched it a couple times.   Some fun stuff though.

12.   JGTH - meh   No   

1. Parts 4 & 6 (5 out of 5 stars)

2. Parts 1 & 2 (4.5 stars)

3. Part 3 (4 stars)

4. Part 7 (3 stars)

5. Part 8 (2.5 stars)

6. Part 5 (2 stars)

7. Freddy vs. Jason (1.5 stars)

8. 2009 (1 star)

Never seen 9 or 10.

1. FRIDAY THE 13TH PART IV: THE FINAL CHAPTER

2. JASON LIVES: FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI

3. FREDDY VS. JASON

4. JASON X

5. FRIDAY THE 13TH (2009) - KILLER CUT

6. FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD

7. FRIDAY THE 13TH (Unrated)

8. JASON GOES TO HELL: THE FINAL FRIDAY

9. FRIDAY THE 13TH PART II

10. FRIDAY THE 13TH PART III

11. FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN

12. FRIDAY THE 13TH PART V: A NEW BEGINNING

But out of all 12, Part V is the only one I actively dislike.

1. Part 4

2. Part 2

3. Part 1

4. Part 6

5. Part 3

6. Part 7

7. Part 8

8. Remake

9. Part 5

10. FVJ

11. Jason X

12. Jason Goes to Hell.

The top four i feel are the strongest and could change depending on which mood i am in. Part 3 would have been better without the 3D gimmick

1. 2

2. 3

3. 1

4. 4

5. 6

6. 8

7. 7

8. 5

9. FvJ

10. 9

11. X

12. Remake

I doubt I'll ever watch the remake again. Every few years I watch Jason X to see if it's as bad as I remember. It always is.

On August 15, 2017 at 6:32 AM, Toddarino said:

Every few years I watch Jason X to see if it's as bad as I remember. It always is.

I do the same thing with Jason Goes to Hell and I'm always surprised to find it gets worse each time.

12. Jason X

11. Jason Goes to Hell

10. Jason Takes Manhattan

9. A New Beginning

8. Freddy vs Jason

7.  The New Blood

6. Friday the 13th (remake)

5. The Final Chapter

4. Friday the 13th Part II

3. Friday the 13th Part III

2. Friday the 13th (original)

1. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives

5 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

1. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives

Just curious as you don't often see this, can you elaborate as to why this is number 1 for you. 

Honestly not challenging you, just curious. 

Ok, I say that, then read the rest of the responses and see a few people rank it in the top two or so. 

I didn't think there would be that much love. Not saying it is bad, I put it around top 4-5. 

Several reasons, really:

. It's the movie that sold me on Tommy Jarvis being a total bad a. I honestly found him annoying in Part IV, but they really nailed him as an adult

. Really cool kills

. Love the cinematography, look, and feel of the film

. Introduced us to zombie Jason

. A lot of really dark humor, but not in a cheesy way. It fits the tone of the film well and helps drive it

. The most personal storyline. Bringing back Tommy and using his vendetta against Jason to drive the film was great

. The big final battle at the end where Jason gets chained to the bottom of the lake is hands down one of the coolest sequences in any horror movie

. The score, as well as songs used (Alice Cooper)

. Best acting

. Best portrayal of Jason (in my opinion, definitely not knocking Kane Hodder, he's my second favorite Jason)

3 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

The most personal storyline. Bringing back Tommy and using his vendetta against Jason to drive the film was great

This is pretty much why it ties for #1 for me as well. It's the only one of the films with an active protagonist who has a strong goal tied to clear stakes, and who has a clear character arc. In other words, the only one of the films in the franchise that is a proper cinematic narrative, in the traditional sense.

With the other films, the audience is always light years ahead of the characters, and the only thing carrying it forward is the suspense and fun kills. The protagonist isn't caught up with us until the final act, and all of the growth has to come in that short time frame, through her finding the strength/wit to outmatch Jason/the killer.  

12. Part 8 manhatten

11. part 6 lives

10. Part 9 hell

9. Part 5 new beginning 

8. Part 10 Jason x

7. Part 7 new blood

6. Remake

5. Freddy vs Jason

4. Friday the 13th

3. Part 2

2. Part 3d 

1. Part 4 final chapter 

I see Lot of people really love part 6 which is weird to me..i just don't dig the over the top comedy tree smiley faces..jason with bitch tits  not imposing frame ...kool yellow gloves and utility belt ?

Final chapter was the first Friday I ever seen as a kid and it got me hooked immediately

some pack of patootsies

Run that shit threw the ol computer

Hey hottie got a sister ruff ruff

Crazy how this old thread suddenly has so many recent responses.

Glad to see most generally agree. I guess it's sort of obvious. Those first 4 were spectacular.