Jump to content
7theye

Things you hope they NEVER add

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I don't mind the idea of some of the later movie locations as maps, but I would really like to see the developers come up with an original design of a part Crystal Lake for a map. Maybe something a bit darker and spooky.

I imagine it would take considerably more resources/time/money to make maps for anywhere *but* Crystal Lake.  You have to acquire/build new artsets, props, etc.  You'd also have to design entirely new context kills, too.  Not to mention new methods to escape the map. Just not worth it, IMHO.

I'd rater see new maps for the camp itself, like a "Camp Forest Green", or even the map from the NES game for all the throwback fans.  Your art assets are already there, you just have to redraw the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Grave461 said:

Sorry, not cargo ship... I meant to say a Cruise ship (from Part 8), but I had a brainfart and typed cargo instead.  My bad!

I understand the conflict...if I booked a cruise and that heap of junk was awaiting me at the port - I'd want a refund!!! :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

A perk that lets you start with a pocket knife. If Tommy starts with one, that's fine, but other counselors? Nope. 

God that would be the worst! Its bad enough when you play a match with 7 counselors that Jason cannot detect, adding pocket knives would pretty much make them completely overpowered.

Definitely do not want to see any map from VIII - on. No boxer perk where hand melee is OP, or does Sucker  Punch already take care of that?

What if Tommy Jarvis had Part VI "Bitchin' Camaro" perk and can speed away like a BA! I wouldn't mind seeing a boy Tommy Jarvis hidden perk where you have to find him like Pamela's sweater for a one time stun use.

Add Crispin Glover's Dance from IV for stun use by a radio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want Pamela or Roy. I could tolerate Roy, but I'll pitch a fit if they add Pamela. There's NO way to add her, and make her in any way interesting without completely changing her character. And then what's the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Arrogant Man said:

I don't want Pamela or Roy. I could tolerate Roy, but I'll pitch a fit if they add Pamela. There's NO way to add her, and make her in any way interesting without completely changing her character. And then what's the point.

What would make Roy interesting then? You would have to watch your mentally handicapped son (that you abandoned years ago because you care so much) get killed. Pamela's sweater would have no effect. He would also die easily as he is not risen by any "curse". Not trying to nay-say you or anything, but adding Roy would have the same dilemma as adding Pamela. They would have to design all new perks, features, abilities, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont want Roy in the game,no psychic powers (Tina).Mostly i dont want Shift+Grab to be "fixed".There is nothing wrong that needs a fix with shift+grab,neither the radius nor the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, but I'm not a fan of Roy being added (as has been voiced many times by others here). He would need drastic changes to his abilities to make any actual sense.

I don't want to see Pamela for the same reason, with the addition of the fact that she is dead already in this timeline for the game.

I don't mind the idea of some of the later movie locations as maps, but I would really like to see the developers come up with an original design of a part Crystal Lake for a map. Maybe something a bit darker and spooky.

Why do you think Roy would need drastic changes to his abilities to make sense?

He was shown to possess many of Jason's abilities. As I've said before, maybe he was channeling the spirit of Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Microtransactions can fuck off.

Yeah really, hell the other day I spent 15$ on world of tanks buying gold as this game kept getting host has left. Micro transactions should be the last thing on their bucket list. Also I hope they never add a color swap character again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the "Retro" Jason disaster I now dread seeing a Jason 4 that's just a re-skin of 3. I want all the Jasons to be separate on the selection screen. They should all have their own Strengths and Weaknesses.  I would have been satisfied with at least one different stat. Just being a color swap is lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ultimusone01 said:

Why do you think Roy would need drastic changes to his abilities to make sense?

He was shown to possess many of Jason's abilities. As I've said before, maybe he was channeling the spirit of Jason.

He had above average strength, and grim determination. He's certainly stronger than Sackhead Jason, but Part III and beyond are all WAY more deadly and durable. After Part II, Jason is straight up a freak of nature who takes and dishes out far more than any normal human. That's why we players can suspend our disbelief when we see Parts II and III Jason survive getting run over and shot. They might not have been able to survive that in the movies, but the game world operates on the idea that Jason has always been an inhuman monster. Roy on the other hand? Well he's certainly strong, but that's it. He's a strong guy. A gun would put his ass down. A group of Bugsys with bats would put his ass down. A car would put his ass down. And what if they decided to just make him like Jason? Well like with Pamela, what would the purpose be at that point? Roy's only liked because what he managed to accomplish despite being merely human. Giving him Jason's feats would take away from both him and Jason. People want Roy because they want Roy. Not because it would make the game any better. Same with Pamela.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ultimusone01 said:

Why do you think Roy would need drastic changes to his abilities to make sense?

He was shown to possess many of Jason's abilities. As I've said before, maybe he was channeling the spirit of Jason.

There is a human element to Roy. He would have the same issues as Pamela. They could both be killed easily because they are human. As is the same reason why neither of them could have abilities like shift or morph. Humans don't just up and disappear into thin air like Jason does. If anything, Roy has more in common with Pamela than Jason. They were both out for vengeance of a lost child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

There is a human element to Roy. He would have the same issues as Pamela. They could both be killed easily because they are human. As is the same reason why neither of them could have abilities like shift or morph. Humans don't just up and disappear into thin air like Jason does. If anything, Roy has more in common with Pamela than Jason. They were both out for vengeance of a lost child.

Ah, but that's the thing, Roy did morph. Right after he explodes through a door, Pam and Reggie run out of the house, through the woods, and across a road to Roy's ambulance where he just pops up like magic. I get that he seemed like he was just a human, but there was something else at play. Mainly it was the fact that when the movie first came out, no one knew it wasn't really Jason, so the movie makers made him act just like the real Jason to fool the audience. I'm just saying that an in-game Roy isn't that much of a stretch. Besides, he's just killing teens and scared adults, not trained fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Arrogant Man said:

He had above average strength, and grim determination. He's certainly stronger than Sackhead Jason, but Part III and beyond are all WAY more deadly and durable. After Part II, Jason is straight up a freak of nature who takes and dishes out far more than any normal human. That's why we players can suspend our disbelief when we see Parts II and III Jason survive getting run over and shot. They might not have been able to survive that in the movies, but the game world operates on the idea that Jason has always been an inhuman monster. Roy on the other hand? Well he's certainly strong, but that's it. He's a strong guy. A gun would put his ass down. A group of Bugsys with bats would put his ass down. A car would put his ass down. And what if they decided to just make him like Jason? Well like with Pamela, what would the purpose be at that point? Roy's only liked because what he managed to accomplish despite being merely human. Giving him Jason's feats would take away from both him and Jason. People want Roy because they want Roy. Not because it would make the game any better. Same with Pamela.

Let's keep things in perspective here. Jason 3 was taken out by a girl with an axe. It only took one hit and he was done for the night. Roy was also hit by a tractor and kept coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ultimusone01 said:

Let's keep things in perspective here. Jason 3 was taken out by a girl with an axe. It only took one hit and he was done for the night. Roy was also hit by a tractor and kept coming.

Lets really keep things in perspective here. Jason 3 also survived being hung by the neck from the top of the barn before he got axed to the head.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ultimusone01 said:

Let's keep things in perspective here. Jason 3 was taken out by a girl with an axe. It only took one hit and he was done for the night. Roy was also hit by a tractor and kept coming.

Jason 3 survived the wounds of Jason 2 and went on a killing spree. THEN Jason 3 was stabbed in the leg and through the hand, hung, hit with a log, and had an axe embedded in his skull. Then Jason 4 survived all those wounds... and went on ANOTHER killing spree.

Roy was hit by a tractor, clumsily attacked with a chainsaw and hacked with a machete before falling onto a bunch of spikes and promptly falling asleep forever.

He's "Leatherface tough" not "Jason tough."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ultimusone01 said:

Let's keep things in perspective here. Jason 3 was taken out by a girl with an axe. It only took one hit and he was done for the night. Roy was also hit by a tractor and kept coming.

Hit? Yes. Run over? No. Taking an axe to the skull is far more deadly than taking the front of a tractor to the chest. And let's not forget that Part IV got up later that night no worse for ware, while Roy was left exhausted and wounded. Jason Part III had also taken a machete to the shoulder that looked like it went all the way down to his fucking lung. Again, got up a few minutes later, changed his clothes, and was good to rock and roll. Again, Roy had impressive determination and endurance, but his feats are not up to snuff past II.

 

7 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Lets really keep things in perspective here. Jason 3 also survived being hung by the neck from the top of the barn before he got axed to the head.

Also this. That shit's unbelievable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Lets really keep things in perspective here. Jason 3 also survived being hung by the neck from the top of the barn before he got axed to the head.

Not the top of a barn. He slid off the second floor. It's hard core, but not impossible.

He was also killed by a 10 year old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CHRIS HIGGINS WAS TEN YEARS OLD?!!!

Why didn't anybody ever tell me that? I feel so dirty...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My take on the Roy situation:  Roy was a madman, truly insane (supposedly with grief... god Part 5's Jason twist was so dumb).  Jason was mentally handicapped but not truly insane -- his mother was the crazy one, she told him to do what he does -- and is superhuman.

Playable Roy should not have any Jason powers, therefore, and would have a different skill-set.  He definitely could not take Jason-like damage, nor could he shift or morph, and knocking his mask off would definitely take some of his face with it as well.  Anyway, Roy would have to be unique to do it right;  I would say Gun/Illfonic ought to do that and then sell him as DLC, that way those who want him can have... because many do not, it seems.

Now, I hate to break up this Roy Fest™, but back to the OP's topic:

I hope they never add fake Jasons, dubiously resurrected Jasons (too late), pyrokinesis, Jasons in Manhattan for all of like 10 minutes, Jasons whose heart body-slides (no -- really on this one), Jasons made from nanomachines or Jasons afraid of water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ultimusone01 said:

Not the top of a barn. He slid off the second floor. It's hard core, but not impossible.

Nobody gets thrown off the second floor of anything with a noose around their neck, hangs there for several minutes, and then just unhooks themselves and carries on like nothing happened. Jason even takes the time to lift up his mask and taunt Chris while he's doing this. That's how bad ass he was.

Quote

He was also killed by a 10 year old.

That was part 4 Jason.  But to address this point; Superman could be killed by a 10 year old if the kid had a stick of kyrptonite. The right weapon in the hand of anyone can be lethal to the most powerful person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Nobody gets thrown off the second floor of anything with a noose around their neck, hangs there for several minutes, and then just unhooks themselves and carries on like nothing happened. Jason even takes the time to lift up his mask and taunt Chris while he's doing this. That's how bad ass he was.

That was part 4 Jason.  But to address this point; Superman could be killed by a 10 year old if the kid had a stick of kyrptonite. The right weapon in the hand of anyone can be lethal to the most powerful person.

To add to your point, the amount of time Jason was hanging there meant he should of been drowning in his own blood. A man that large hanging that long would burst every blood vessel in his neck. It's possible for his neck to have not broken, but decidedly impossible to survive. Let alone with seemingly NO noticeable effects.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

That was part 4 Jason.

And, to be an annoying pedant, I believe that Tommy's age in Part IV is stated as having been 13 or 14 in Part V :P.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Arrogant Man said:

To add to your point, the amount of time Jason was hanging there meant he should of been drowning in his own blood. A man that large hanging that long would burst every blood vessel in his neck. It's possible for his neck to have not broken, but decidedly impossible to survive. Let alone with seemingly NO noticeable effects.

Nope. He had that "I grew up in the wilderness" strength. That's a hefty kind of strength. 

But Corey Feldman killed the hell out of him.

And since he was deformed, Chris hit him with the axe in super thick bone...so he lived. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...