Link941

Kills should count as soon as execution starts

I've had my 4th match in a row where half the people quit mid execution and I lose the points just because some kids get salty over being killed. It should count as soon as the execution starts.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Link941 said:

I've had my 4th match in a row where half the people quit mid execution and I lose the points just because some kids get salty over being killed. It should count as soon as the execution starts.

That xp is given for people who stay the entire execution, you're entitled for wanting xp when you didn't fulfill the requirement, you still get the xp you earned just not the bonus, that bonus is just for people who stayed the whole time what about that is so hard for you to get?

I would like to have an option to skip them if we want. I've just hacked them up just so I don't lose some kills/XP because some executions take too long. As fun as they are to watch, they can lead to someone's escape.

On 6/24/2017 at 5:20 AM, I Hate Spectate said:

That xp is given for people who stay the entire execution, you're entitled for wanting xp when you didn't fulfill the requirement, you still get the xp you earned just not the bonus, that bonus is just for people who stayed the whole time what about that is so hard for you to get?

Its clearly not the way the devs intended. You really think people quitting mid execution is fine? Having their body flop to the ground while Jason executes the air? What about that is so hard for you to get?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Link941 said:

Its clearly not the way the devs intended. You really think people quitting mid execution is fine? Having their body flop to the ground while Jason executes the air? What about that is so hard for you to get?

Joke obviously went over your head.  But that's the response we get when we ask to get match complete bonus when we die/escape and Tommy Jarvis has already spawned.  People defend forced spectate to the fucking grave even though it's a big part of why people quit before Jason can grab them or quit in the middle of grab.  They don't want to spectate and if they're not going to get xp, fuck Jason too.

Personnally, I'm a dirty mid-execution quitter sometimes and I'll tell you why.

Half the Jasons I play against are obnoxious with the chat and if they spent and entire chase moaning, whining, calling me names or telling me how much I fucking suck, then you can bet theyre gonna be performing their shiny 5 000 CP execution on the damn empty air.

When I play Jason I never speak, I just do my thing and sometimes I say good game at the end of an execution. Even then I get the inavoidable minimum 1 instaquit as soon as the gane begins from someone who I assume only plays Jason and on average 2 mid-execution quitters, even if I dont heckle them

On 24/6/2017 at 1:20 PM, I Hate Spectate said:

Dude. Your comment makes zero sense whatsoever. The OP wants the kill to trigger so the Jason player gets experience. This has nothing to do with the counselor players XP which your comment is aimed at... for some weird reason. 

Again. This is about getting kill counts before quitting occurs. Not some bonus thing at the end of the match.

• Like 1

I agree I had friends being Jason and people quit during the kill animation so it didn't count. Doing the kill actions makes the game fun playing as Jason. Yeah I can just chop them down but a grab kill is just so so so much more satisfactory lol 

To be perfectly honest, this suggestion needs no explanation besides it's title. Anyone who has played the game should be agreeing with this.

2 hours ago, Benallan17 said:

To be perfectly honest, this suggestion needs no explanation besides it's title. Anyone who has played the game should be agreeing with this.

Absolutely. I love the folks that rage quit because Jason isn't  treating them the way they think they should be treated. They don't want to spectate for the bonus xp so if they're not getting theirs, why should Jason be entitled to his? 

Jason only instakills, rage quit. Jason only melee kills, rage quit. Jason broke the windows in the cabin I'm in, rage quit. Jason trapped my only escape route, rage quit. Jason is good at shift+grab, rage quit. Jason tunnels me first, rage quit. 

This is my first online multiplayer and it astounds me that people get so mad at each other playing a video game.

spiderman-says-you.jpg.20501d7cf08745707a574911e2f2b989.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

Dude. Your comment makes zero sense whatsoever. The OP wants the kill to trigger so the Jason player gets experience. This has nothing to do with the counselor players XP which your comment is aimed at... for some weird reason. 

Again. This is about getting kill counts before quitting occurs. Not some bonus thing at the end of the match.

It makes perfect sense.  Jason's not entitled to xp just because he spawned as Jason, You guys always only care about the xp Jason gets, and never give a shit if the counselors get xp.

20 hours ago, Link941 said:

Look who you are talking to "i hate to spectate" of course he is going to argue your thread LMFAO 

3 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Look who you are talking to "i hate to spectate" of course he is going to argue your thread LMFAO 

It is my pet peeve after all, and the issues are connected because that's probably one of the main reasons people do it.

1 minute ago, I Hate Spectate said:

It is my pet peeve after all, and the issues are connected because that's probably one of the main reasons people do it.

Yeah but in this game spectating is like watching the films it's intense "camping is in tents"

Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Yeah but in this game spectating is like watching the films it's intense "camping is in tents"

camping in tents... glitching.. hitting Jason then teabagging... Jason using Jedi force powers to pull people from 15 feet away.. yeah just like the films.

The main difference between spectating gameplay and watching the films is.. in the films Jason does most of his kills with stalk.  Over half the time They don't even know he's there until it's too late.  Only a few of the kills ever involve a chase/teleport.

Well at least in the early films.  Later films they're often more aware of him.  Early films (the best ones) nobody even realizes there's a killer until seconds before they're killed, or it's the final girl (and later final dude as well), who gets chased, but she survives.  Pamela Voorhees and Human jason kills are all surprise attacks.  Zombie Jasons about half of them are surprise attacks that nobody sees coming and about half involve a chase or fight.

In game it's all chase/fight/teleport.  Never see a good stalk surprise attack.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

spiderman-says-you.jpg.20501d7cf08745707a574911e2f2b989.jpg

This 100% sums up my thoughts on the topic. Yesterday I had 3 games end due to me being Jason. Note that this is not me bragging or anything, I see myself as an average-decent Jason, nothing more. First time, I killed the host less than 30 seconds in by launching him through a window, he left. The second was similar, I killed him with traps because he ran into 2 in a row, rage quit. The last one saw I was coming for him before he could glitch, tried to hit me, got blocked and grabbed. What happened next? Rage quit of course. It's honestly annoying.

On 27/6/2017 at 5:24 AM, I Hate Spectate said:

camping in tents... glitching.. hitting Jason then teabagging... Jason using Jedi force powers to pull people from 15 feet away.. yeah just like the films.

The main difference between spectating gameplay and watching the films is.. in the films Jason does most of his kills with stalk.  Over half the time They don't even know he's there until it's too late.  Only a few of the kills ever involve a chase/teleport.

Well at least in the early films.  Later films they're often more aware of him.  Early films (the best ones) nobody even realizes there's a killer until seconds before they're killed, or it's the final girl (and later final dude as well), who gets chased, but she survives.  Pamela Voorhees and Human jason kills are all surprise attacks.  Zombie Jasons about half of them are surprise attacks that nobody sees coming and about half involve a chase or fight.

In game it's all chase/fight/teleport.  Never see a good stalk surprise attack.

I agree with you on this. The game lacks stealth for Jason badly. The terrifying thing about Jason was always that he could appear behind you without any sound. 

I dont know what solutions could be. 200 % increase to stalk duration and get it from the beginning. That would make things more interesting. And only have murder music play if you actually directly see him. 

It would be cool to see stealth kills for jason. Him able to make sneak attacks and kill counselors super quickly if they dont spot him. Say. His character would be invisible if the counselor character isn't physically facing him. Making the camera deceptive. 

I dont think it would be broken. I mean. A new horror game coming soon called Last Year has the same mechanic. Permanent stealth to the killer. But the different is that people can actually kill the killer if they work together. Just hitting him. Thereby making his stealth mandatory. 

Anyway. Jason needs more stealth stuff for sure :) 

4 hours ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

I agree with you on this. The game lacks stealth for Jason badly. The terrifying thing about Jason was always that he could appear behind you without any sound. 

I dont know what solutions could be. 200 % increase to stalk duration and get it from the beginning. That would make things more interesting. And only have murder music play if you actually directly see him. 

It would be cool to see stealth kills for jason. Him able to make sneak attacks and kill counselors super quickly if they dont spot him. Say. His character would be invisible if the counselor character isn't physically facing him. Making the camera deceptive. 

I dont think it would be broken. I mean. A new horror game coming soon called Last Year has the same mechanic. Permanent stealth to the killer. But the different is that people can actually kill the killer if they work together. Just hitting him. Thereby making his stealth mandatory. 

Anyway. Jason needs more stealth stuff for sure :) 

Not being sarcastic, but I noticed a lot of people don't know this. Stalk decreases MUCH slower when standing still, and lasts like 3 minutes. I'll shift and cut people off with stalk, and wait for  them to enter the house I'm already in, waiting.

Seconded. This is very annoying, especially if you manage to pull off a rare environmental kill.

On 6/25/2017 at 10:53 PM, I Hate Spectate said:

Joke obviously went over your head.  But that's the response we get when we ask to get match complete bonus when we die/escape and Tommy Jarvis has already spawned.  People defend forced spectate to the fucking grave even though it's a big part of why people quit before Jason can grab them or quit in the middle of grab.  They don't want to spectate and if they're not going to get xp, fuck Jason too.

Oh, if I read your name I might of taken it as a joke, but as it is alone it just looks like a genuine comment.

I think the game should give bonus exp on top of staying instead of taking away xp when you quit. I think you should be able to leave right after you get killed and it would solve most people's problems.

Just now, Link941 said:

Oh, if I read your name I might of taken it as a joke, but as it is alone it just looks like a genuine comment.

I think the game should give bonus exp on top of staying instead of taking away xp when you quit. I think you should be able to leave right after you get killed and it would solve most people's problems.

That is what happens its just that the "bonus" is larger than the xp you actually earn.  That's a problem, and no they shouldn't be rewarding spectate in any way.  It doesn't even hold lobbies together, people quit after they get their xp they don't stay for another round just for that xp that they already got, and even if that lobby wants to stay together after a few rounds it breaks up with everyone being dumped to the main menu screen.  It serves no positive purpose and creates some bad negative gameplay.

2 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

That is what happens its just that the "bonus" is larger than the xp you actually earn.  That's a problem, and no they shouldn't be rewarding spectate in any way.  It doesn't even hold lobbies together, people quit after they get their xp they don't stay for another round just for that xp that they already got, and even if that lobby wants to stay together after a few rounds it breaks up with everyone being dumped to the main menu screen.  It serves no positive purpose and creates some bad negative gameplay.

Well I mean if you keep the exp you earned, lets say around 1k as a good counselor who did everything, get killed and then your in the afterlife lobby; when you quit from there you keep all your exp. And if you wait till the end you might earn like maybe another 300 xp or something on top of that. Thats kinda how I picture a better system. Even if you get dumped to the main menus, I've made so many friends in this game that anything that gives people incentives to stay as long as possible together, no matter how minuscule, is a positive in my book. Ive been in many "quiet" lobbies that didn't open up till after I played a match or two with them and if they didn't stay I likely wouldn't have made new friends to play with.