Jump to content
Fennec

Double EXP weekend - Disaster.

Recommended Posts

So far double EXP weekend has been a nightmare for me.

-People are going around intentionally killing other players including myself "because double EXP so who cares" No real reason to do it, just doing it because they feel like it. So screw it, not going out of my way to help others until this event is over. The smart thing to do would've been to increase the EXP lost to 2k to match the EXP gained.

-People are abusing the glitched hiding spots moreso than before, making everyone wait a full 20.

-Skill level seems lower now. I get paired up more frequently with counselors that don't know what they're doing. Guess all the Minecraft players came back for the double EXP.

Ya, I'm kinda pissed, but this doesn't invalidate the reality of the situation. I appreciate the gesture Gun Media, but maybe you should think things through next time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep getting paired with people working with jason and leading them to everyone else. One d-bag kept just saying yes master. If I could reach through this tv and choke him I would 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, one guy sold us to Jason by giving him our location during all game, after I escaped one of the counselors hit me to make me easier to catch. Idk, they should do something like report that user and take them XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I havent seen too many people TKing just the usual Jason and friend ruining matches but thats nothing new.

As far as glitch spots, which are you refering to because as far as I know most of them were patched out like the Bear Trap roof exploits and Packanack glitch for instance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you were here around 4 PM, then this would be nothing. The old launch issues were returning. Database login error and level 0 had resurfaced. I think the issues were fixed quickly though, as I've been getting into matches no problem. The host keeps leaving though. I just got in a game with players who look like they are together. I'm hoping they don't get Jason, because IDK if they are going to work together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I havent seen too many people TKing just the usual Jason and friend ruining matches but thats nothing new.

As far as glitch spots, which are you refering to because as far as I know most of them were patched out like the Bear Trap roof exploits and Packanack glitch for instance

I know the bridge glitch on Higgins Haven still works because I saw a guy do it last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I havent seen too many people TKing just the usual Jason and friend ruining matches but thats nothing new.

As far as glitch spots, which are you refering to because as far as I know most of them were patched out like the Bear Trap roof exploits and Packanack glitch for instance

There are definitely still some spots, but I'm not going to post them here because I don't want people abusing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fennec said:

-Skill level seems lower now. I get paired up more frequently with counselors that don't know what they're doing. Guess all the Minecraft players came back for the double EXP.

Ah yes. Because if you don't like someone, it obviously means they play a game you don't like. That's totally not the single most childish thing I've ever heard. What's next? Gonna talk about all the griefers being DbD players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen any intentional TK.   In fact I was in one lobby that was letting 2 people escape each time so some people got even more double XP.  This was a quick game and no one knew each other.  I personally let people finish a repair before killing them as Jason and one time walked into fireworks on purpose before killing someone I knew wasn't getting away   

I guess TKers can enjoy their 2 xp. 

I think I played 10 matches today and only complaint is it's laggier than usual and I disconnected as one of my two Jason games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My time trying to play resulted in the host leaving, and because this game has no migration for some very strange reason it means we all leave 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

My time trying to play resulted in the host leaving, and because this game has no migration for some very strange reason it means we all leave 

Host migration needs to be a thing in the next update. 

 

Also, got Jason ONCE in two hours. Once. In two hours. There needs to be an easier way of playing Jason or just have a seperate mode where people get to choose if they want to be Jason before searching for a lobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the time they spent programming a damn color swap for jason 3 and the nice trailers they worked so hard on they could of been working on host migration 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Host migration needs to be a thing in the next update. 

 

Also, got Jason ONCE in two hours. Once. In two hours. There needs to be an easier way of playing Jason or just have a seperate mode where people get to choose if they want to be Jason before searching for a lobby.

I've played about 15+ games today and haven't got him once. Usually I get him a lot more frequently. Kinda weird. They need to have at the very least an option for people to choose counselor only, because I do get Jason players that leave games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fennec said:

So far double EXP weekend has been a nightmare for me.

-People are going around intentionally killing other players including myself "because double EXP so who cares" No real reason to do it, just doing it because they feel like it. So screw it, not going out of my way to help others until this event is over. The smart thing to do would've been to increase the EXP lost to 2k to match the EXP gained.

-People are abusing the glitched hiding spots moreso than before, making everyone wait a full 20.

-Skill level seems lower now. I get paired up more frequently with counselors that don't know what they're doing. Guess all the Minecraft players came back for the double EXP.

Ya, I'm kinda pissed, but this doesn't invalidate the reality of the situation. I appreciate the gesture Gun Media, but maybe you should think things through next time.

I've so far had better luck today with people working as a team than before.  A few days ago I had just the worst possible teammates imaginable match after match, today I'm having people who if we fix up the 4 seater but we have an extra battery in our possession our driver drove to the 2 seater, flipped a U turn had the other person drop the battery off at the 2 seater and then successfully drove us out of packanack with Jason trying to stop us, and you know how risky that is with the layout of packanack, driving into dead ends to make that delivery.  People fixing up multiple escape routes and dropping off the keys outside the driver door before they make their own escape, etc.  Double repair xp encourages that.  Squads sticking together all armed going from 1 possible police exit to the other together because again.. double xp for all those stuns.. though funnily enough when Jason saw a squad of 4 with 2 baseball bats and 2 shotguns sticking together coming for the exit he rage quit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Host migration needs to be a thing in the next update. 

 

Also, got Jason ONCE in two hours. Once. In two hours. There needs to be an easier way of playing Jason or just have a seperate mode where people get to choose if they want to be Jason before searching for a lobby.

 

Thats just the luck of the draw on being Jason, there's already a way for people to choose if they prefer to be Jason or a counselor. If you don't think that 90+% of the pop already has it on Jason then you're crazy, which leads us right back to your 12.5% chance each match, in 2 hours you probably ran about 10 matches, so it's very easy for you to not get to be Jason more than once, because the system probably has not only the % chance but a way for others to get picked as Jason that haven't went yet. Take a step back and look at it from a logical perspective..

 

inb4 "but soandso was Jason twice!"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I've so far had better luck today with people working as a team than before. 

I agree as almost every game that I'm not Jason, I usually escape with a few others who all use mics to work together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Benallan17 said:

I agree as almost every game that I'm not Jason, I usually escape with a few others who all use mics to work together.

I kind of jinxed myself because I had a match earlier that was god awful.  some squeaker stole the car that me and another character fixed and rolled it, and shit talked after the match.  From now on, squeakers go on my list with russians and chinese of "quit as soon as you notice them in the lobby"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I kind of jinxed myself because I had a match earlier that was god awful.  some squeaker stole the car that me and another character fixed and rolled it, and shit talked after the match.  From now on, squeakers go on my list with russians and chinese of "quit as soon as you notice them in the lobby"

Yeah I jinxed myself. Ended up with those people who help Jason. The guy literally stood and watched as Jason pulled me out, this was while I stopped to let him in, executed me and then got in and drove off as Jason TP'd away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a pretty great night with the game. Still some connection issues and dashboarding, but overall it worked as it should, and I had some great games with @DamonD7 and @Slashin' Passion.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double XP has brought out the worst in some people. I have seen lots of team killing, glitching, and counselors blocking the car hoping to get hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fennec said:

I've played about 15+ games today and haven't got him once. Usually I get him a lot more frequently. Kinda weird. They need to have at the very least an option for people to choose counselor only, because I do get Jason players that leave games.

I find I can not be Jason for a long time then go on a streak of being Jason. This morning I was in a room for 3 matches and I was: Jason, Counselor, Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm past Level 31, have to admit I couldn't give a shit about leveling anymore than I am. The clothing options are the lamest XP reward you could possibly have for a Friday the 13th game. Just an odd choice- weapons, kills, anything relevant to Friday the 13th would have made more sense.

The 'connection to host lost' errors are pretty annoying to boot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm past Level 31, have to admit I couldn't give a shit about leveling anymore than I am. The clothing options are the lamest XP reward you could possibly have for a Friday the 13th game. Just an odd choice- weapons, kills, anything relevant to Friday the 13th would have made more sense.

The 'connection to host lost' errors are pretty annoying to boot.

Do agree. It's blatantly going to be anti-climatic when you reach level 31 and then all you unlock after are new tops for Jenny 30 levels down the line. "Level 60...cool just unlocked a new pink top!" :lol: 

"Barbie" the 13th: The Game. ;) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think leveling after level 31 is still worth it unless you have all the epic perks you want. After all leveling means more CP. I still have yet to see the damn Preparedness perk. I have a lot of good perks but they are not all epic. I like the counselor outfit unlocks but I gotta admit they are rather lackluster. I want more intricate designs like the 2 free ones they gave us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...