Sign in to follow this  
lHeartBreakerl

-1000 EXP for Betrayal

-1000 exp for Betrayal  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is -1000 exp for team killing a good or a bad thing for players? Note: Please read through posts in this thread and hear voices throughout the community before having an answer.

• Good thing
    • Bad thing

The game desperately needs to add "vote to kick" option where a majority vote gets the player kicked.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jubileet said:

Do you really think those people care about their XP? No. It's not going to change them one bit. What it will do is make people less likely to attempt to save someone with a gun. The griefers don't care about their XP, dude. They are just there to troll.

Some people do. And if they just continue to grief, then they get kicked when you return to lobby. That's all.

There should be 0 incentive for team killing. Accidents are one thing, but nobody should level up for doing it in every game.

17 hours ago, Unclebunt said:

The game desperately needs to add "vote to kick" option where a majority vote gets the player kicked.

That doesn't work as intended, you'll get kicked for not being good enough or smart enough. L4D2 did this and it just results with you being kicked the moment you fuck up. Like say miss your flare shot.

17 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Some people do. And if they just continue to grief, then they get kicked when you return to lobby. That's all.

There should be 0 incentive for team killing. Accidents are one thing, but nobody should level up for doing it in every game.

The people that do aren't the trolls. Its just going to penalize people who actually care about their XP. Friendly fire should just be at a reduced rate so its difficult to kill someone and impossible to instant kill someone else as a counselor. 

Im fine with it, assuming bear trap kills stop counting as betrayals.

Be more careful when shooting and try not to run people over.

If you do kill others on purpose, I have no sympathy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Unclebunt said:

I can understand both sides. There should be a vote to kick option for players who are deliberately ruining games.

But the problem with a vote to kick option is that people would abuse it and kick "bad players," or groups would kick solo players.

Just now, CreepingDeath said:

Im fine with it, assuming bear trap kills stop counting as betrayals.

Be more careful when shooting and try not to run people over.

If you do kill others on purpose, I have no sympathy. 

Seriously - another good point. Don't use a bear trap because if someone accidentally dies from it there goes 20 minutes of your time for playing legitimately. 

Just now, AdrianBlackbear said:

I can understand both sides. There should be a vote to kick option for players who are deliberately ruining games.

But the problem with a vote to kick option is that people would abuse it and kick "bad players," or groups would kick solo players.

I would like to think the community has more maturity than this but I suppose.

7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

1000?. Some of my favorite/funniest moments have been in private matches among friends,when someone decides to "snap",and join in on Jason's rampage.

*ehem* @Gdain @Luminelle @ToxiCrow @Gents

Or moments when 3 people decide to try and get in the boat. I'm hoping for custom settings for private matches,but I won't hold my breath. Every day it seems like there is a new issue.

:(

I know right.  I think private matches should stay as is, or like you said have a settings adjuster.  Public matches fine, make it whatever.  But yeah some of the funniest moment were when things went south fast lol.  

Btw, where have you guys all been!?!?  Haven't seen you on for a bit.   

Just now, Unclebunt said:

But not mature enough to not Team Kill / Troll? :P

I think 1K is far too much especially considering I average 700-900 XP. That deduction would put me into the negative range. Does that mean I can level backwards? 

I think at max it should be 500 XP to cancel the completed match XP. 

3 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

Have you played public matches??? Squeaker central!!!!! :lol:

I've played games where if you were team-killed, a "yes" or "no" question would appear asking if you wanted to punish the person. This should be implemented because accidents do happen.

• Like 1

I think 1000 Exp is way too harsh. How many times have i accidentally killed someone who was grabbed by Jason because the Shot went right through him for some reason? Its basically gambling with the Shotgun now if you try to help some1 out who's being grabbed. You might aswell just ignore that Friend and safe your shot, its not worth losing a whole game of XP for a potential safe. That amount of XP loss is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Too excessive. Lots of matches don't even net more than 1000xp. I shot Jason in the legs today to save a counselor and it killed them so I should lose 1000xp for an accident and Shit accuracy that wasn't even my fault. I was in no way aiming at the person I killed but they died. Just seems unfair. Especially bear traps, people step on those all the time on accident and I lose points. Not to mention people running in front of car. That thing doesn't stop on a dime. And if there is lag you don't even know where someone is actually standing until you hit them. 

One bad game of bear trap accidents and I'll have to unlock all my Jason's again. 

Savini it is. 

• Like 1

Damnit, this means if I got the shotgun, and a fellow counselor gets grabbed by Jason, I'm running. Sorry teammate! You're on your own!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

Too excessive. Lots of matches don't even net more than 1000xp. I shot Jason in the legs today to save a counselor and it killed them so I should lose 1000xp for an accident and Shit accuracy that wasn't even my fault. I was in no way aiming at the person I killed but they died. Just seems unfair. Especially bear traps, people step on those all the time on accident and I lose points. Not to mention people running in front of car. That thing doesn't stop on a dime. And if there is lag you don't even know where someone is actually standing until you hit them. 

One bad game of bear trap accidents and I'll have to unlock all my Jason's again. 

Savini it is. 

I know I don't score 1000 on average. That seems to negative the whole match. My suggestion is 500 to cancel out the completed match bonus. 

These devs just love introducing mechanics that will waste time... die within the first 2 minutes? too bad, you have to sit around and watch everyone else play the game  if you want XP. Accidently shoot someone because the game mechanics dont work correctly? Too bad, your fault, lose 20 minutes of progress. Oops I ran over 2 counselors because they ran towards a speeding car, let me set you back almost an hour of game time. 

lol.

I played in a match where the person driving reversed to try and go back to pick up a counselor and ended running them over accidentally instead.  It was hilarious but an accident.  I don't see being docked 1k xp for that.  How can the game possibly know what's an accident and what's malicious?

18 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

The people that do aren't the trolls. Its just going to penalize people who actually care about their XP. Friendly fire should just be at a reduced rate so its difficult to kill someone and impossible to instant kill someone else as a counselor. 

I think a shotgun hit to a counselor whilst in Jason's grip should have the -200xp reduction retained. Surely the game program will know when the grip function has been initiated - if it hasn't been initiated - keep the -1000xp?

Just now, Gdain said:

I played in a match where the person driving reversed to try and go back to pick up a counselor and ended running them over accidentally instead.  It was hilarious but an accident.  I don't see being docked 1k xp for that.  How can the game possibly know what's an accident and what's malicious?

It can't. You can't program exceptions to rules from circumstances. The game registered it as a player killing another player so that's what it remains.

And that is exactly the problem. Accidents happen and losing 1k exp for a mistake sets you back 1-2 games worth of exp.

• Like 1

Just now, Jason Lives said:

I know I don't score 1000 on average. That seems to negative the whole match. My suggestion is 500 to cancel out the completed match bonus. 

I would probably quit if I got a team kill before the points set in. That's negative xp when lots of games don't break 1000. Definitely quit if I got more than one TK. People step on my bear traps all the time. I setup escape routes and I go often, to give me breathing room if being chased. 

I've run people over and shot them while trying to save them. Accidents happen. This penalty is way too steep and trolls will leave before points are issued so it only hurts actual players. Unless they change when points are received and then people will leave after being killed to find another game quicker. 

• Like 1

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

It can't. You can't program exceptions to rules from circumstances. The game registered it as a player killing another player so that's what it remains.

And that is exactly the problem. Accidents happen and losing 1k exp for a mistake sets you back 1-2 games worth of exp.

Maybe Ive just been lucky but I rarely come across people that are as awful as players are saying.  Of course when I enter a lobby and I hear a bunch of shit talking or arguing, I just leave and find another.  Glitch exploits should be number one on their list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah, aren't we over -XP points? Thats so 90's - are they aiming for a retro gaming experience too? ha.

They need to just make it harder to do by accident or even intentionally. IMO keep friendly fire on but make it be -100% damage from a friendly. 

To be honest I'm not against the 1K XP penalty. It's fairly hefty, sure, but TKers aren't gonna be TKing if they want to progress in the game. I've learned that if you want to save someone from Jason's grab with a shotgun, it's best to get real close and make sure your team mate is off to the left or right where they can't be hit.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Hey - do you mind making a poll in your OP?

17 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

To be honest I'm not against the 1K XP penalty. It's fairly hefty, sure, but TKers aren't gonna be TKing if they want to progress in the game. I've learned that if you want to save someone from Jason's grab with a shotgun, it's best to get real close and make sure your team mate is off to the left or right where they can't be hit.

Yeah and theres plenty of time to position yourself once a players been grabbed before an instant kill is initiated, right? :P