Sign in to follow this  
lHeartBreakerl

-1000 EXP for Betrayal

-1000 exp for Betrayal  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is -1000 exp for team killing a good or a bad thing for players? Note: Please read through posts in this thread and hear voices throughout the community before having an answer.

• Good thing
    • Bad thing

Now with the recent XB1 patch, team killing will now have a penalty of 1000 exp compared to the previous 200. This will soon apply to all platforms.

What does everyone make of this? Is 5 times the penalty a little too harsh?

Let me explain.

I've had many games where someone has killed me, or I kill someone by accident. Whether it's shooting them on accident when trying to shoot Jason, them not moving fast enough when i'm driving away from Jason, or stepping in others bear traps. Or even this: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lHeart Breakerl/video/32405809

I've had experiences where i've been team killed but we had a laugh about it after. But docking 1000 exp will negate all, if not almost all experience that game.

Team killing really does depend on the circumstances but it's near impossible to implement mechanics based off circumstances.

So, my question is, is docking 1000 exp a good or bad thing?

I think -1000 is fair especially for those that are betraying for lulz.  The only down side is, if you do it by accident (killing your teammate, by trying to shoot Jason) its a pretty hefty price to pay. Though I have learned now, if Jason grabs a teammate and you have a gun, don't bother trying to shoot Jason, just turn around and run.  

5 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Betrayal should be last resort. So a heavy penalty is fine by me.

This. However if the person killed is being grabbed by Jason it shouldn't have any impact on my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Now with the recent XB1 patch, team killing will now have a penalty of 1000 exp compared to the previous 200. This will soon apply to all platforms.

What does everyone make of this? Is 5 times the penalty a little too harsh?

Let me explain.

I've had many games where someone has killed me, or I kill someone by accident. Whether it's shooting them on accident when trying to shoot Jason, them not moving fast enough when i'm driving away from Jason, or stepping in others bear traps. Or even this: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lHeart Breakerl/video/32405809

I've had experiences where i've been team killed but we had a laugh about it after. But docking 1000 exp will negate all, if not almost all experience that game.

Team killing really does depend on the circumstances but it's near impossible to implement mechanics based off circumstances.

So, my question is, is docking 1000 exp a good or bad thing?

My gut wants to agree with you, but maybe it will make people more cautious. As cautious as you should be when aiming a shotgun at your grappled friend's attacker, or speeding through the woods in a car at night.

The one thing that worries me the most is the trolls that this is intended to fight - Can't they just throw themselves in front of escaping cars now to troll the escapee out of all XP? I can see them purposely walking into bear traps as well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SolidusPrime said:

The one thing that worries me the most is the trolls that this is intended to fight - Can't they just throw themselves in front of escaping cars now to troll the escapee out of all XP? I can see them purposely walking into bear traps as well.

Right. I'm going to start disarming my bear trap after setting it for the XP. Just to be safe.

1 minute ago, SolidusPrime said:

My gut wants to agree with you, but maybe it will make people more cautious. As cautious as you should be when aiming a shotgun at your grappled friend's attacker, or speeding through the woods in a car at night.

Perhaps you're right about being more cautious with the gun. Hopefully it works out like that.

But yeah, I can see them jumping in front of cars or stepping in bear traps just to fuck over another person. Seems plugging one whole opened up several others.

so if someone walks into a trap you set and died from it, its consider betraying?

Just now, ryanmc564 said:

so if someone walks into a trap you set and died from it, its consider betraying?

It absolutely is. At least right now.

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It absolutely is. At least right now.

that's ridiculous! its not your fault, they weren't paying attention to their surroundings.  

• Like 1

They should have an increased penalty system that increases each time you kill someone.

I have been run over by terrible drivers, shot with the shotgun whilst grabbed by Jason and many more that were not deliberate.

start at 200xp penalty, then 400, 600, 800 then capped at 1000 for 24 hours then reset to 200 again. Maybe repeat offenders get a week cap at 1000....

• Like 6

Just now, Unclebunt said:

They should have an increased penalty system that increases each time you kill someone.

I have been run over by terrible drivers, shot with the shotgun whilst grabbed by Jason and many more that were not deliberate.

start at 200xp penalty, then 400, 600, 800 then capped at 1000 for 24 hours then reset to 200 again. Maybe repeat offenders get a week cap at 1000....

that's a great idea!

1 minute ago, Unclebunt said:

I like this idea actually. An escalating system that follows and remembers you on every server that lasts for X amount of time.

1000?. Some of my favorite/funniest moments have been in private matches among friends,when someone decides to "snap",and join in on Jason's rampage.

*ehem* @Gdain @Luminelle @ToxiCrow @Gents

Or moments when 3 people decide to try and get in the boat. I'm hoping for custom settings for private matches,but I won't hold my breath. Every day it seems like there is a new issue.

:(

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thatdudescott said:

1000?. Some of my favorite/funniest moments have been in private matches among friends,when someone decides to "snap",and join in on Jason's rampage. 

:(

Then I suppose private matches need to have more customisable features. Such as "penalties for team killing" "friendly fire" etc. Quick match should follow a set rule but private needs a bit of tweaking...

These devs man.... this is such a [bleeping] stupid idea. If anything they need friendly fire to be at a reduced rate if they want to implement a penalty like this. People who TK don't give AF about XP, people that do it on accident do care about it. Make it difficult to TK a person, not a one shot kill. RIP F13. 

• Like 1

In my opinion,another viable solution would be reflective fire.You kill someone,they dont die,you die.Still a player down because someone "fricked" up,but the dead guy would be the guy whose the fault is.

10 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

Agreed.

i stated in another thread that it should start at 500 so you basically lose your conpleting match exp.

Then go to 1000, 1500, etc.

I think it is a good change. It should make the betrayal killing rate drop drastically. I was getting tired of joining games where people are just brawling anyhow.

I joined a lobby yesterday and died second, came back as Tommy, and someone shot me with a shotgun "for the lulz" because his friend had basically dared him. I barely get XP and this guy doesn't lose much after murdering another player.

So basically they lose all their XP for the game...as soon as that happens - they've got nothing to lose...they may as well go on a mad killing troll spree, opening doors for Jason, crashing the car deliberately, killing anyone. I think there should be a deduction from their CP chest. 

EDIT: Can also see more hosts quitting the game if they accidentally shoot a counselor while trying to hit Jason. Maybe not in private matches but definitely in public matches.

• Like 1

Just now, AdrianBlackbear said:

I think it is a good change. It should make the betrayal killing rate drop drastically. I was getting tired of joining games where people are just brawling anyhow.

I joined a lobby yesterday and died second, came back as Tommy, and someone shot me with a shotgun "for the lulz" because his friend had basically dared him. I barely get XP and this guy doesn't lose much after murdering another player.

Do you really think those people care about their XP? No. It's not going to change them one bit. What it will do is make people less likely to attempt to save someone with a gun. The griefers don't care about their XP, dude. They are just there to troll.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

So basically they lose all their XP for the game...as soon as that happens - they've got nothing to lose...they may as well go on a mad killing troll spree, opening doors for Jason, crashing the car deliberately, killing anyone. I think there should be a deduction from their CP chest. 

Good point.