Sign in to follow this  
FelixFarside

Quitters have become an epidemic

It's become a real problem.  I've played several matches where people just quit when Jason's about to kill them.  It has the result of Jason getting no points for it.  And then I had one match where we were about to escape in the car and Jason quit the match.

This is turning into a thing.  There's always been quitters before, but now the timing is too coordinated for coincidence.

There needs to be a hard penalty for quitters or this is just going to keep happening.  Especially since it's fueling the Idle Tommy Jarvis problem.

Are they quitting, or is North America's growing rate of obesity causing heart attacks!  :mellow:

I do agree that something should be done, but they have to be careful since there are still a lot of disconnect issues.  Two or three times yesterday my game suffered the summercamp.exe crash with only a couple minutes left.  A buddy if mine also experienced some crashes... and we were partied... which took me with him... 

Hey devs, speaking of which, please fix the party system so that if someone quits or crashes from an active game we don't automatically get pulled out too.

Considering how often this game crashes.. anything beyond the current penalty (which is 0 xp/cp for the match if you quit before you die or escape) is too much.  Just remember if them quitting on you makes you lose 110-150 xp, it makes them loose 500+ exp

for me as jason it works in my favor if players leave and as counselors it make little difference.

No, this isn't a disconnect issue.  It happens the same way each time.  As Jason is starting his kill animation, the counselor leaves the match.

As for them losing 500 XP, that's bunk.  That's the bonus they get for completing a match, but they can earn 500 XP faster in a match they do well in as opposed to one they got killed early on.  Players are fully aware of that.

4 minutes ago, FelixFarside said:

No, this isn't a disconnect issue.  It happens the same way each time.  As Jason is starting his kill animation, the counselor leaves the match.

As for them losing 500 XP, that's bunk.  That's the bonus they get for completing a match, but they can earn 500 XP faster in a match they do well in as opposed to one they got killed early on.  Players are fully aware of that.

You obviously have no idea how the xp in this game breaks down, because the 500 is not some small "bonus" it's the bulk of their xp for the match unless they have a really long match where they stun Jason with multiple different ways (a melee stun, a shotgun stun, a flare gun stun, and a firecracker stun), and fix multiple things and trap Jason.

Earning 500 xp from gameplay alone is not very easily as a counselor.

Repairing a vehicle entirely gets you 155 xp.  Escaping is 200xp.  So if you have a match where you find a propeller and gas in the first 2 houses you check and stealthily take the boat out in the first 3 minutes of the match your xp will be 5-10 defensive (depending on whether you placed a trap or started a radio or not), 10 offensive, 200 escape, 20 unscathed, 155 fixer, and a time bonus of 30. 

That's 445 xp, so that 500 """bonus"""  is still more than half your xp.  It's asinine to keep calling that a "bonus".  "You get your normal paycheck, just not your christmas bonus" "But the bonus is half my expected pay!" "Yeah well... it's JUST a bonus.."

1 hour ago, I Hate Spectate said:

You obviously have no idea how the xp in this game breaks down, because the 500 is not some small "bonus" it's the bulk of their xp for the match unless they have a really long match where they stun Jason with multiple different ways (a melee stun, a shotgun stun, a flare gun stun, and a firecracker stun), and fix multiple things and trap Jason.

Earning 500 xp from gameplay alone is not very easily as a counselor.

Repairing a vehicle entirely gets you 155 xp.  Escaping is 200xp.  So if you have a match where you find a propeller and gas in the first 2 houses you check and stealthily take the boat out in the first 3 minutes of the match your xp will be 5-10 defensive (depending on whether you placed a trap or started a radio or not), 10 offensive, 200 escape, 20 unscathed, 155 fixer, and a time bonus of 30. 

That's 445 xp, so that 500 """bonus"""  is still more than half your xp.  It's asinine to keep calling that a "bonus".  "You get your normal paycheck, just not your christmas bonus" "But the bonus is half my expected pay!" "Yeah well... it's JUST a bonus.."

If a match drags on for the full 20 minutes and you die in the first 2, you get very little XP for finishing a match.  But you could finish several short matches in that same time frame.

Not that I think that's why a lot of these people are quitting in the first place.

Quitting the match should bring the same CP penalty as killing a fellow counselor. -1000 or whatever it is.

Also, hitting or wounding a fellow counselor should bring up a negative CP as well.

-1000 CP for leaving a match early would make it extremely counter-intuitive to leave in order to go play another match for XP. It just wouldn't would out in their favor.

3 hours ago, FelixFarside said:

If a match drags on for the full 20 minutes and you die in the first 2, you get very little XP for finishing a match.  But you could finish several short matches in that same time frame.

Not that I think that's why a lot of these people are quitting in the first place.

People assume that 500 xp is just a small "bonus" because they're retarded and think they an easily make it up with short matches, sure, but the fact is every match they don't stay the duration for is another 500xp they missed out on, and in most matches it'll be the majority of their xp, so you'd need to play twice as many matches in the same time frame to make it up if not more.  You could maybe break it down mathematically based on your time bonus, if your time bonus is over 100 just stay, if your time bonus is less than 100 and you died just leave.  But if you always leave and never spectate, it's going to be hard to make up that 500xp per match you're missing, because most "short" matches result in you getting less than 300 xp.