Sign in to follow this  
I Hate Spectate

Rebalancing versatile and resourceful xp

So.. right now Jason gets 100xp for a kill and the amount gets a bonus depending on how the kill was done.  If it was just from damage (hacking with M1, killing with a throwing knife, or trap), you get butcher xp which is 10.  Killing with a grab execution gets versatile which is 20xp, and seek and destroy and resourceful (environmental kills) is 50xp.

What if versatile was reduced to 10xp, and resourceful was buffed to 80 xp or even 100 xp?  Would more Jasons avoid an instachoke to go for an environmental kill to double their xp for the kill?  If More Jasons went for environmentals for higher xp (and coolness factor) it means that composure matters more grip strength matters more, and allows for counselors to try and wrestle out of a grab, rather than instant execution unless they have a pocket knife..  Seek and destroy can still be 50 xp, cause while those are environmental kills that can be hard to get, they're also instant.  Resourceful kills generally require walking around with someone grabbed to find an interaction prompt (or well, drowning someone who tries to escape by swimming, maybe drowning can stay +50 xp too because of it being instant)

You made a point in there about grip strength and composure gaining importance. I think therein lies the issue if other things then don't get tweaked.

Or else poor composure counselors and weak grip Jasons will be picked far less often, I imagine.

2 minutes ago, Kalidor said:

You made a point in there about grip strength and composure gaining importance. I think therein lies the issue if other things then don't get tweaked.

Or else poor composure counselors and weak grip Jasons will be picked far less often, I imagine.

Right now those things don't matter because most Jasons just grab and then mash their 1-4 buttons till one goes off.  I mean yeah, 30 more xp for an environmental kill but sealing the deal to get that 120 is more important.  If it were just 110.. and getting an environmental was 200... ... ... okay I'm going for the birdbath!

The problem is that Jason can insta kill, it does not matter what the exp incentive is.

The problem is simpler than you are making it seem.

Jason needs to be nerfed. Consider a 5 second timer where when Jason picks some one up he can't do anything to the counselor he is holding. This way, counselors at least have an opportunity to escape. And, basically, injured counselors and those counselors who have too much fear will still be easy to grab execute.

31 minutes ago, Pikalicious said:

Consider a 5 second timer where when Jason picks some one up he can't do anything to the counselor he is holding.

I say 2.5 seconds or 50% full struggle meter, whichever happens first. 5 seconds is enough time that someone can escape without a teammate freeing them. Jasons would ignore grab and just chop people to death if it were a solid 5 seconds.

Well people need time to react when Jason grabs their teammate. 3 seconds at minimum. 6 at maximum. The grab shouldn't be nerfed into oblivion. As for right now, I've never escaped Jason's grab unless I had a pk or he was trolling

2 hours ago, Pikalicious said:

The problem is that Jason can insta kill, it does not matter what the exp incentive is.

The problem is simpler than you are making it seem.

Jason needs to be nerfed. Consider a 5 second timer where when Jason picks some one up he can't do anything to the counselor he is holding. This way, counselors at least have an opportunity to escape. And, basically, injured counselors and those counselors who have too much fear will still be easy to grab execute.

The idea is that if you positively reinforce waiting to get a kill rather than going for the instant kill might help without forcing a nerf.  The devs have already said they won't do any such nerfs as they like the current mechanics.

Tweaking some things about the experience gains for Jason can possibly encourage other playstyles though.

If they don't change the game it is going to lose a huge potential player base. Me included. Enough said.