Sign in to follow this  
Unclebunt

If you could, what would change?

If you could change anything about the game that you think would improve it, what would it be?

I would add a "vote to kick" option firstly. 

I would make it so that any place that a player gets to that Jason has no way of reaching or interacting with appropriately causes the player to go into cardiac arrest and shortly after dies, granting the kill points to Jason.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dapper Dragon said:

I would make it so that any place that a player gets to that Jason has no way of reaching or interacting with appropriately causes the player to go into cardiac arrest and shortly after dies, granting the kill points to Jason.

Almost like a "you glitch you die" kind of thing? Where the game recognises you aren't supposed to be there. Sounds good.

Hit detect on jason.  You are either in mid swing (even with perk to swing faster) and he grabs you or you cant hit him at all even if he is just standing there.  Yet, he can grab you from 10 feet away at any time.  Just needs some tweaking.  And weapon options for jason.  Being able to change would be cool.  J6 has a machete strapped to his belt for Pete's sake.  

• Like 1

Give JASON GOES TO HELL Jason a machete instead of an axe he never used.

Allow you to play in first person as a counselor.

Use the profits from the game to acquire the rights to EVERY Jason.

A "vote to kick" option sounds good.

I think that when one of Jason's traps go off, they should flash on the minimap. The way it is now I still find it hard to tell, quickly, which of my traps has gone off.

Tommy Jarvis should spawn with a pocket knife, as well as a map and a radio.

...that's all I can think of, for the moment.

• Like 3

I would first make everything random, no more picking your jason or counselor as I think it would freshen things up and would help with the same character over and over thing for those bothered by it. Secondly I would fix it son when you enter combat stance you can only target jason, not your fellow counselors.

Yep, for sure an arsenal for Jason to choose from. In Part 2 he used a pick axe, but also a hammer, a spear, a pitchfork, a machete, and a butcher knife.

Lots of weather effects.

A "Counsellor Creator". You choose from different faces and hairstyles and body types. Then you customize the clothing. Lastly and most importantly you have a limited number of points to spend on stats. 

A bow and arrow at the archery range.

Speargun in the boathouse.

Make ladders climbable so as to reach the loft in the barn and to climb the lifeguard stations to get a wicked tan...at night.

Noose traps like the one that got poor Scott in Part 2. Your only way out would be another counsellor cutting you down or else you're a helpless kill for Jason.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, JohnnyKapow said:

Lots of weather effects.

A "Counselor Creator". You choose from different faces and hairstyles and body types. Then you customize the clothing. Lastly and most importantly you have a limited number of points to spend on stats. 

Make ladders climbable.

I like all of these ideas as well. Especially the "Counselor Creator."

• Like 1

I would change that after the last two minutes of a round, you always ping on Jason's hud.

freaking hate knocking out all the power and somehow in the last two minutes the last person STILL isn't coming up in sense.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dapper Dragon said:

I think it would be a much better idea to fix the locations that are exploitable. Seems like a much more logical solution to the problem.

On 6/14/2017 at 11:35 PM, JohnnyKapow said:

Yep, for sure an arsenal for Jason to choose from. In Part 2 he used a pick axe, but also a hammer, a spear, a pitchfork, a machete, and a butcher knife.

Lots of weather effects.

A "Counsellor Creator". You choose from different faces and hairstyles and body types. Then you customize the clothing. Lastly and most importantly you have a limited number of points to spend on stats. 

Make ladders climbable so as to reach the loft in the barn and to climb the lifeguard stations to get a wicked tan...at night.

Noose traps like the one that got poor Scott in Part 2. Your only way out would be another counsellor cutting you down or else you're a helpless kill for Jason.

Boom

• Like 1

Turn off the Jason music until the near last part of the match to reflect the movies where Jason does the silent kills and only has the music for the final kills/survivors. I feel this is what is missing from the game, a silent Jason who shows up out of nowhere. Stalk is not enough.

I don't know about the whole memory foam bear trap thing only going off on jason though like somehow the trap knows. I would just watch where I walk

3 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Turn off the Jason music until the near last part of the match to reflect the movies where Jason does the silent kills and only has the music for the final kills/survivors. I feel this is what is missing from the game, a silent Jason who shows up out of nowhere. Stalk is not enough.

I kinda picture the match as the last part of one of the movies. The last 20 minutes of the films are intense, and that's sort of represented here. 

The music freaks me out too, as it's creepy AND you know he's near. 

Totally get what you are saying though. Thing is, in the game more often than not you get line of sight on Jason before he kills you, and in the films once someone sees him the music starts right up. 

Maybe just make Stalk last longer?

Oh just thought of something else...GIVE JASON THE ABILITY TO HIDE!

Imagine how cool it would be to be creeping through a dark cabin, all is silent, and then you pass a closet and Jason JUMPS OUT AT YOU???

Or grabs at you from under a bed? And make GRAB a feature so that if someone is walking by your hiding spot you can auto grab them as you burst out. That would be terrifying!

When he's hidden his music is muted, then it kicks in when he jumps out if you are near.

And even if he doesn't kill you make the appearance of Jason from a hiding spot induce more fear into your player than just line of sight gives you.

The one thing this game is missing are the jump scares from the films. This would remedy that. 

Maybe they could incorporate it into the Morph ability. Like if you Morph on top of a cabin on your map it randomly sticks you in a hiding spot within that building, and then it's up to you to decide if you wanna stay hidden for a while or if you wanna jump out and just run around.

I know from a dev standpoint this is probably WAY too difficult to implement, but damn it would be cool.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2017 at 11:35 PM, JohnnyKapow said:

Lots of weather effects.

These are all wonderful ideas that would really add to the detail of the game. I love the "Counselor Creator" idea. That would be simply amazing. You could adjust your own stats too. 

Weather effects are also high on my wish list. A match in the rain would be epic. 

14 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

Oh just thought of something else...GIVE JASON THE ABILITY TO HIDE!

Imagine how cool it would be to be creeping through a dark cabin, all is silent, and then you pass a closet and Jason JUMPS OUT AT YOU???

Or grabs at you from under a bed? And make GRAB a feature so that if someone is walking by your hiding spot you can auto grab them as you burst out. That would be terrifying!

When he's hidden his music is muted, then it kicks in when he jumps out if you are near.

And even if he doesn't kill you make the appearance of Jason from a hiding spot induce more fear into your player than just line of sight gives you.

The one thing this game is missing are the jump scares from the films. This would remedy that. 

Maybe they could incorporate it into the Morph ability. Like if you Morph on top of a cabin on your map it randomly sticks you in a hiding spot within that building, and then it's up to you to decide if you wanna stay hidden for a while or if you wanna jump out and just run around.

I know from a dev standpoint this is probably WAY too difficult to implement, but damn it would be cool.

Dude...YES. I was hoping this would've already been an option when I first played. It would give Jason a whole new approach, not to mention be scary as hell. 

4 hours ago, DeadManJoe said:

Remove Jason's chase music till he's spotted

Functionally difficult as 3 people could be within sight of him but only 2 of them "spot" him.

20 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

Lots of weather effects.

These are all great suggestions.

10 likes.png

A vote to kick while match is active would be a great & much needed feature implementing into the game.

It's quite a tough one to be honest. There is a bunch of stuff I'd like them to add or change, but one has to bear in mind that there's limitations when it comes to games like this. Here would be mine though:

• Additional ways to defeat Jason. It's awesome that you can actually defeat him as a win condition, but I would like to see Tommy chaining that big ass rock around his neck if he could.
  • Additional intro cutscenes. The ones we have now are cool for sure, but extra ones would add some nice variety.
  • Additional voice lines for the characters, perhaps a bit more chatter when they're together. 
  • The ability for Jason to switch weapons. It's cool they all have unique ones, but being able to pick a weapon and it's associated kills would be cool - assuming you have the Jason unlocked who wields said weapon.
  • Additional maps, perks, counsellors and Jasons. Of course there's going to be some added in the future, but it's something we'll all be happy to see :)
  • Additional kills. There's already a big variety of kills and as I said, I'm sure there will be more added in the future.
  • An additional few game modes. It's very difficult to add more game modes to the game, but I'm trying to think of it kind of like Resident Evil (the REmake to be specific), with modes like One Tough Zombie and Invisible Enemies. Other game modes don't necessarily have to have completely new rules, but could be tweaks of existing ones. A couple of examples:
  1. The Only Way is Out - Tommy Jarvis can't be summoned, the sweater can't be used and Jason can't be killed. It's escape or die with no time limit.
  2. The Only Way is Defeat - Same as above, except the only way to win is to defeat Jason.
  3. Their Own Story - No duplicate counsellors; each player picks one (or goes random if they haven't unlocked many) and nobody else can pick that counsellor.
  4. Survival Horror - No escape, no defeat and no time limit. Everyone dies, but it's a question of who's going to live the longest.

These are just a couple of random ideas :) And all of this is mostly just 'what if'; I'm sure that Gun has a lot of stuff planned already.