Sign in to follow this  
Lacek84

Compass for Jason

Jason doesn't have a minimap, so please give him just a compass like thing which indicates which way north is, cause after morphing I don't know which direction I'm facing, and always need to looking to the map screen.

• Like 1

Jason isn't Bear Grylls. He's not survivor pro. He's there to stalk you, not go exploring. I don't see any point in that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Benallan17 said:

Jason isn't Bear Grylls. He's not survivor pro. He's there to stalk you, not go exploring. I don't see any point in that.

I think Jason need a compass, too.
The point is: To Stalk

1 minute ago, bobmussini said:

I think Jason need a compass, too.
The point is: To Stalk

He can use sense. When did Jason ever have a compass?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Benallan17 said:

He can use sense. When did Jason ever have a compass?

Often, Jason's point of vision (camera) in relation to the map changes in relation to the counselor. For example, if he ends the shift before a counselor, the camera stays in a certain position. If he overcomes the counselor a little more, the camera will be in another position. The final position of the camera at the end of the Shift confuses a lot. That's why I think that the compass is a nice idea.

It's all about giving a emulated spatial notion that the game today, the way it is, does not give to Jason.

1 hour ago, bobmussini said:

Often, Jason's point of vision (camera) in relation to the map changes in relation to the counselor. For example, if he ends the shift before a counselor, the camera stays in a certain position. If he overcomes the counselor a little more, the camera will be in another position. The final position of the camera at the end of the Shift confuses a lot. That's why I think that the compass is a nice idea.

It's all about giving a emulated spatial notion that the game today, the way it is, does not give to Jason.

This. And when morphing to an area with no reference point. I don't need a full compass just a thing shows me which way north is to orient myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacek84 said:

This. And when morphing to an area with no reference point. I don't need a full compass just a thing shows me which way north is to orient myself.

Yes.
Another idea: If the orientation stays the same (without change) after the morph, it would help a lot.

Just now, bobmussini said:

Yes.
Another idea: If the orientation stays the same (without change) after the morph, it would help a lot.

Yes it would be good.

• Like 1

Hell, I thought you were talking about a compass to locate Jason on the large map, like you can locate the counselors. Jason don't need anything else and if you can't kill with him then you just suck at being Jason. I know I do, and I still wouldn't want to make things easier for him. There should be a perk (if there's not one already) or an item you can find in the game that allows you to locate him on the map. 

8 hours ago, Benallan17 said:

Yet he carries a map and bear traps...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Benallan17 said:

Dude, did you even WATCH F13 Part 2? He's been in the woods of Crystal Lake for 5 years, hunting the local wildlife, along with whatever counselors think Crystal Lake would make a good shagging spot.

22 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Dude, did you even WATCH F13 Part 2? He's been in the woods of Crystal Lake for 5 years, hunting the local wildlife, along with whatever counselors think Crystal Lake would make a good shagging spot.

I'm fully aware, however, I doubt he can simply think to himself "this is north because it just is".

TBH I reckon Jason knows the spots from previous experience ;)

Guys.... It's just about giving a emulated spatial notion... nothing more./// Nobody sucks because that.
not about make things easier to Jason.

8 minutes ago, Benallan17 said:

I'm fully aware, however, I doubt he can simply think to himself "this is north because it just is".

TBH I reckon Jason knows the spots from previous experience ;)

I'm pretty sure if hes smart enough to teleport, shift, set bear traps, use a map and hunt counselors and build a shack in the woods hes smart enough to know where north is.

Edit: Not even knowing where north is but knowing what orientation hes facing looking at the map.