Sign in to follow this  
Woody28

How much time is left?

Does anyone else think you should be able to see the game clock on like the map screen or perhaps the leaderboard?

I noticed it seems to just pop up periodically. And if you're concentrating on something else, you may miss when it does.

Or even if it was just permanently on screen where it is. It doesn't seem like it's too intrusive this way. 

Just sometimes when I'm playing it bugs me - wondering should I keep trying to escape or run out the clock? If only I knew how much time was left.

Whoever is playing Jason should be able to see the game clock.

24 minutes ago, Glitchtastic said:

No. That's part of the strategy. You have to gamble on how much time is left. It's entirely intentional.

Although I disagree, this is an interesting point of view.

If you really wanted to, you could set a timer on phone or other time keeping device if you really want to know how much time is left. I agree that not seeing it in game adds to the "fear" factor.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of clock in maybe the major Lodge or something which starts at 12:00 and ticks through to 12:20.

Or some such.

That way there's a way to check, but it's also endangering yourself if you want to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Woody28 said:

Although I disagree, this is an interesting point of view.

What do you disagree with, common sense? Are you trying to imply that it was supposed to be visible and they screwed up and left it out? 

• Like 1

I love how people sign up for the forums to come complain about silly things they clearly don't understand.

This is the best thread since the "Tired of getting stunlocked" thread.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

I love how people sign up for the forums to come complain about silly things they clearly don't understand.

This is the best thread since the "Tired of getting stunlocked" thread.

Wow. Okay.
It was just an opinion.
I'm not complaining or condemning the game or other players because of how they feel about it - seriously, just my personal opinion.
I understand the mechanic just fine. Thanks for insinuating otherwise though.

19 hours ago, Ethan said:

If you really wanted to, you could set a timer on phone or other time keeping device if you really want to know how much time is left. I agree that not seeing it in game adds to the "fear" factor.

oh yeah, good thinking. :)

• Like 1

Instead of having a clock filling the corner of the screen, I'd rather them make a dynamic night/day system where the sun starts to slightly rise over the horizon in the last 3-4 minutes so you know you're getting closer to the end of the timer. It's kinda goofy that the game just ends in the middle of the night, like as if Jason has some curfew to meet or something. It would fit the themes of the films too since almost every one of them ends with the final girl leaving the campsite the next morning.

• Like 5

All I know is that when you get that final two minute warning it's the longest damn two minutes of your life! Like you can almost see the seconds slowing down...

Same with when you're waiting for the cops. 

I'm a helpless teen, my underwear is soaked with pee, I have soiled my backside and it's getting itchy, I have a frying pan in my trembling hands, and the cops are stopping to get donuts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Instead of having a clock filling the corner of the screen, I'd rather them make a dynamic night/day system where the sun starts to slightly rise over the horizon in the last 3-4 minutes so you know you're getting closer to the end of the timer. It's kinda goofy that the game just ends in the middle of the night, like as if Jason has some curfew to meet or something. It would fit the themes of the films too since almost every one of them ends with the final girl leaving the campsite the next morning.

That would be a better way to handle it.  Maybe  balance it so it becomes harder to hide then more light it becomes?    Thematically it makes sense, if you win by time, you survived the night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shodan said:

That would be a better way to handle it.  Maybe  balance it so it becomes harder to hide then more light it becomes?    Thematically it makes sense, if you win by time, you survived the night.

Kinda already is balanced like that since Jason goes all beast mode in the last few minutes of a match. If the Jason player is decent at keeping his prey at high fear levels, he almost never runs out of special powers towards the end of a match.  I've had matches as Jason where I'm practically a superhero because I'm recharging my shift and morph so fast at the end of a round. 

Jason has a timer for the first 10 minutes. The mask in the upper corner. At 10 minutes rage activates. 

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

Jason has a timer for the first 10 minutes. The mask in the upper corner. At 10 minutes rage activates. 

Don't tell them all the secrets! :P 

But thens no incentive for the survivors to stop hiding. I wouldn't put them in fear mode but maybe the occasional sound blimp.  Right now the end game gets tedious if councelors camp and hide under the beds because there's nothing else they can do to win.

And before the flames start, I know you have ways make them fearful.  However, smart survivors can easily manage their fear and stay nearly invisible.  I've been on both sides of this and it's not fun for either team. 

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

That is freaking badass! I guess you could say we'd all be dead by day...dawn. ?

Also I really like the idea of Jason having a curfew, like he has to go to bed. ? aww, now I want him to have a bed and a teddy bear in his shack. 

maybe they can give one of the counselors a watch, which add some benefits to using that counselor. OR make a watch a item you can pick up...

• Like 1

The whole point of not seeing it is so that you don't know how long you have to 'evade' or hide from Jason for. Maybe adding in 5 minute warnings (at 15, 10 and 5) could help but a full timer takes away from the fear of not knowing how long you have left.