Sign in to follow this  
shodan

Question for Devs: combatstance and doors

Is using combat stance to break the door a feature that's working as intended, or is this something that is planning to get patched out? Half of the play group thinks it's cheating the other half says it's balanced because you can't grab, use abilities, or throw knives until you switch out.

I think it's a nice deep layered mechanic that helps Jason in the long run. I personally think it should stay, but the Jason's who are empowered in melee should get further increased when breaking down a door in combat stance. (it's similar speeds for all Jasons when breaking down doors in combat stance, IIRC)

Only thing I don't agree with combat stance is blocking bear traps, flare guns are fair game. At the very least, "blocking" a bear trap should reduce the stun time a bit, but not completely negate the trap.

• Like 1

When you use combat stance to break a door, you run the risk of getting your weapon stuck in it. When you break it the normal way, your weapon will never get stuck :) I would say it's quite balanced personally.

• Like 2

Just now, Kodiak said:

When you use combat stance to break a door, you run the risk of getting your weapon stuck in it. When you break it the normal way, your weapon will never get stuck :) I would say it's quite balanced personally.

This is also a good point and very true.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, REO said:

I think it's a nice deep layered mechanic that helps Jason in the long run. I personally think it should stay, but the Jason's who are empowered in melee should get further increased when breaking down a door in combat stance. (it's similar speeds for all Jasons when breaking down doors in combat stance, IIRC)

Only thing I don't agree with combat stance is blocking bear traps, flare guns are fair game. At the very least, "blocking" a bear trap should reduce the stun time a bit, but not completely negate the trap.

Waiiiittttt combat stance will block bear traps?

that is news to me.

Unfortunately, yes it does block counsellor bear traps. I don't think this was intended and it'll probably get patched.

7 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Unfortunately, yes it does block counsellor bear traps. I don't think this was intended and it'll probably get patched.

It should get patched ASAP.

part of the fun I have in this game is trying to make a Jason proof cabin. As soon as it's widely known that combat stance blocks traps, it's gonna be a pain to deal with.

Yeah, well I'm sure once they've fixed the crashing and quick play issues they're gonna get straight on to gameplay improvements. Chances are they're already formulating changes for a new patch.

But there aren't suppose to be any "safe" places for the councilors to hide.  And once rage is on doors are trivial. 

I appreciate the feedback, but I've been caught in the bear trap as jason and I've never gotten the block to stop a flare.   Do you spam the block button or hold it?  I can block the melee weapons but the flare always gets me unless I juke them and sidestep.

Edited by shodan
Added content

2 minutes ago, shodan said:

But there aren't suppose to be any "safe" places for the councilors to hide.  And once rage is on doors are trivial. 

I appreciate the feedback, but I've been caught in the bear trap as jason and I've never gotten the block to stop a flare.   Do you spam the block button or hold it?  I can block the melee weapons but the flare always gets me unless I juke them and sidestep.

You have to hold the block button down until the Flare Gun makes impact. And you have to be facing towards the direction where the shot is coming from, as Jason is vulnerable from behind when blocking.

• Like 1

I use this when I play Jason only because I get stuck in the door if I do the default door breaking animation (xbone). I would be okay if they removed it and fixed the glitch where Jason gets stuck. I don't think the devs intended it though. it seems quicker than doing the animation.