Rage quitting as host should be met with a match making ban of at least 15 mins. This game asks people to stay through matches after dying. No problem with that but if a host gets impatient the entire room shouldn't lose all their xp. Sorry but having a great run and dying then waiting 10 mins for the game to end only to lose my xp because a host rudely leaves is extremely frustrating. 

• Like 1

there tons of reasons why someone might leave, the real fix is to have host migration, it 2017 for fucks sake gun media should have had this in the beta.

• Like 2

Hate when host leave especially when playing as Jason. You will not stop ppl from leave. Best thing is to fix it so server migrates to new stable person. Hopefully they get this in some day.

+1 For host migration. Just a common sense feature, in todays day and age, especially since there are no dedicated servers.

• Like 1

People act like hosts do not have connection problem themselves or the game crashes. You do not know their reason for leaving. 

Host migration is the logical solution. People can leave for emergencies, power outages, etc.

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

Host migration is the logical solution. People can leave for emergencies, power outages, etc.

dont tell that to this community, everything has to be a penalty for playing or not playing and they are the judge jury and executioner .

5 minutes ago, derrickkolba said:

dont tell that to this community, everything has to be a penalty for playing or not playing and they are the judge jury and executioner .

I've noticed...

Very annoying when they leave as the game starts i would guess that would be cause they didnt get jason so off they go for another game to try and get to play him

The problem with that idea is that it takes time to find another game, much less luck out and spawn as Jason.

Well host migration would be great and all, and we definitely need it, but I agree there should be a penalty for quitting weather host or not - I would even say 30 min or more no mm. If someone left because they had to do something or the power went out, this should not bother them as they will presumably be occupied or unable to play. There could be a system in place to tell if someone selected the quit option or not but a disconnect is not too hard to fake so idk how realistic that is to rely on. 

What needs to be prevented is people joining as many games as it takes and quitting until they are Jason. When someone does this, it puts the remaining counsellors at a disadvantage as far as parts gathering plus less distractions and frees up Jason to focus on fewer remaining counsellors, and should in fact be penalized in some way. Temp mm ban seems like it would be effective. 

I would prefer dedicated servers as the first choice and host migration as a second choice. You never know what kind of PC or connection you will be locked into. On that note, how many would want a penalty for leaving because of bad ping/lag or wrong region/language? I imagine some of the people leave early because there is no regional lock and they end up with terrible ping. I would probably leave, if that were the case, or if no-one else spoke my language. There are actually a myriad of reasons why someone could have to/would have to leave early.

There are also quite a few adults that play the game. Some are probably parents, like me and may have issues where they have to leave and try to do so, in a manor that may allow someone else to join, before the game starts. Someone could have a screaming kid, Hurt kid, sick kid, pissed off spouse, an important call, they could have to shit really bad, I mean, the point is, you just never know why someone is leaving, especially with such a diverse player base.

The main problem with penalties, at this point, IMO, is, you kind of can't really expect people with terrible ping to stay, also, someone who doesn't understand what anyone else is saying, won't want to stay either and there is NO way to tell why someone is leaving. There just isn't.

Yeah I understand - other than ping though, all these end up keeping someone occupied for some time - who would care about a temp mm ban while they are on the way to the er or grocery store or otherwise called away? 

As far as bad connections - it had a pretty bad connection (not unplayable - it was around 200ms, iirc) while playing a pvt match with a bunch of brits (I'm in us) but to my mind, in between rounds is the time to leave, not during - for the sake of your fellow counsellors if nothing else.

20 hours ago, Fair Play said:

In either of these cases a small time penalty would not effect someone who was not rage quitting to find a new match.

36 minutes ago, giantfoodmonster said:

In either of these cases a small time penalty would not effect someone who was not rage quitting to find a new match.

Good point. The question is, will such a penalty ever be considered?