Tduck

Bear traps are too good for counselor

The best Jason I've ever seen, a guy named Banzo, was playing with me and a bunch of newbies on F13, and I made my way to the barn.  
If you can get enough bear-traps in one place, he HAS to walk through them in order to get you, and you can infinitley stun him and he can't do anything about it, juking out the barn, waiting for shift and jumping out the window- etc etc, but he was literally unable to do anything, especially since I had 3 med sprays and the double useage perk on.  I got hit by like 12 knives just sitting in the barn resetting traps, nothing- they're a bit problematic at this point.  

1 minute ago, lazerus_86 said:

Wrong, shifting allows him to pass over objects like traps, I have done it.

you didn't read everything.  

I would of just set the traps off myself, and let you either run somewhere else, or not have them as a contigency plan break the windows and you hurt yourself every time you go out them, so its just a matter of time until you get caught, playing Jason is about using strategy to catch your prey, sometimes you have to make little sacrifices to get someone, so break the windows, let you hurt yourself enough, eventually you will either run for it or goof.

9 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

I would of just set the traps off myself, and let you either run somewhere else, or not have them as a contigency plan break the windows and you hurt yourself every time you go out them, so its just a matter of time until you get caught, playing Jason is about using strategy to catch your prey, sometimes you have to make little sacrifices to get someone, so break the windows, let you hurt yourself enough, eventually you will either run for it or goof.

That's not a guarantee- People don't mess up like that.  Windows deal next to no damage with thick skinned and a single med spray insta-heals you.  You won't get caught either since Jason can't move.  
Edit:  I question whether or not you read everything still.  

You can block bear-traps at the cost of slower movement speed and approach for Jason. Yeah, it's telegraphed and counselors will see you coming in combat stance with block, but you won't have to deal with being caught by a bear-trap for a couple seconds so it is worth it. 

It's a good strategy. 

I actually love using bear traps as a counselor, even to the point where I'll switch out my current weapon to carry around a bear trap. It's just that ever since the third patch you can't place a trap right in front of a door (to prevent the rooftop glitch), which sucks.

10 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

I actually love using bear traps as a counselor, even to the point where I'll switch out my current weapon to carry around a bear trap. It's just that ever since the third patch you can't place a trap right in front of a door (to prevent the rooftop glitch), which sucks.

When is that patch releasing? Because AFAIK, that bug is still possible. At least on PC version.

Third patch (PS4, forgot to clarify) came out a few days ago. Before that you could place a bear trap right in front of you as a counselor.