CrazyRalph

Stretch Goals that should be MOVED DOWN!

I think that the stretch goals are reasonably priced. Remember, this was their idea. They are pretty much gifting us with the creation of this game. It is great that they take our opinions and suggestions into consideration. But we must always remember, this is their game! We are along for the ride! And to those of you that say that this could have been a "great game". It will BE a great game.

:)

I totally believe that this is going to be awesome. The two trailers from PAX was amazing - and the there "Only" Alpha(!)

• Like 1

Yeh I think the Wheelchair survivor would be pretty kl to see make it into the game, even if it was just DLC. I mean how many games actually let u play as a handicapped guy, so I think that would be pretty damn badass, not to mention an added challenge to survive :) 

• Like 1

If the game does well, and I'm sure we all hope it does kick ass, then I could see some of those missing goals being future possibilities yet. Some of the ideas are just too fun to be discarded.

If Dead by Daylight can hit it big, I see no reason why this couldn't breeze through to the full list of goals in no time after launch. Hell, it cleared a million just on word of mouth and fan anticipation, imagine how much a press a few good gameplay youtube videos and an exciting launch will get. And hell, if nothing else, this might be the only game around that could sell a season pass with a specific list of what will be made available as DLC, it's not like ideas are lacking. Sure DLC isn't the ideal, but knowing what's possible is always a good thing.

Oh I see so the stretch goals chart is always open as DLC as soon as them goals are reached I guess they "closed" to what's going in the initial release so they have time to implement it on release date!

Yes I agree I think once this game is played by millions of people it with boost way up in sales!

I don't understand the grief these guys are slinging over single player. It seems so obvious from a fan-perspective what benefits multiplayer brings to the game.

The comments complaining the most about this try to use the argument of "Everybody wants this" as the leverage to not only include this option, but to actually take precedence over the game's multiplayer roots.

I have no problem saying I don't agree with you guys. I think you're wrong. I think the multiplayer aspect is what will make this game the ultimate Friday experience. You need to stop trying to change this game into some cliche FPS that's been made 100 times already.

• Like 4

While I agree that many of the people who have been demanding single player have been using childish and often moronic justifications for their view points, some have raised very legitimate concerns, namely the inclusion of single player to extend the longevity of the game.

Whenever a online multiplayer only game is released, there is always the natural concern of how long it's going to last before finding full games becomes difficult and eventually impossible. Or the alternative concern that the servers will one day be shut down, a problem that has been killing EA games for half a decade now.

I am in no way defending any of the juvenile toxicity thrown at the lack of single player, but it would also break my heart to pieces if this game just faded away into the night sky a couple of years down the road, never to be enjoyed again.

single player. i will never support small time companies,who are trying to get into the gaming industry again. i hope multiplayer online gaming,gets wiped out. if you dont have the money to make a full game,then dont make it..

i will never support small time companies,who are trying to get into the gaming industry again.

Well, such is your prerogative.

i hope multiplayer online gaming,gets wiped out.

I can see you not caring for the genre. However, hoping that an entire swath of entertainment ceases to exist simply because it isn't to your taste is a little childish, yes?

I'm sure there were hordes of people that wished the slasher horror genre would "get wiped out" (Roger Ebert for instance) and where would we be if they got their wish?

if you dont have the money to make a full game,then dont make it ...

I'm assuming that you have a very self-serving definition of "full game," and - no doubt - that definition is predicated exclusively on single-player.

Be that as it may, the attitude of "things should either be how I want them, or not exist at all" is, again, childish. I'd consider Friday the 13th: The Game a full experience if it provides entertainment at least equal to that of other comparable genre titles like Left 4 Dead and Dead by Daylight.

Now, if that's not to your liking, that's a shame. I suppose it (the game) and we here (the supportive community) will just have to get along as best we can without you.

• Like 1

I don't understand the grief these guys are slinging over single player. It seems so obvious from a fan-perspective what benefits multiplayer brings to the game.

The comments complaining the most about this try to use the argument of "Everybody wants this" as the leverage to not only include this option, but to actually take precedence over the game's multiplayer roots.

I have no problem saying I don't agree with you guys. I think you're wrong. I think the multiplayer aspect is what will make this game the ultimate Friday experience. You need to stop trying to change this game into some cliche FPS that's been made 100 times already.

Who's complaining?

Who's complaining?

Check the official Facebook and the Twitter for the game for quite the archive of stupidity and childishness, it's been going on since the Kickstarter last October. People whining and demanding that single player be in the game, it got annoying really fast and far exceeded that with the folks who wish that the game didn't get funded when it was on Kickstarter, or that it fails when it launches, simply because it didn't have single player, what a joke.

Oh trust me I see all the Facebook comments there's a couple on there that are rude but I think they are excited and are greedy whiners!

It's less about the goals themselves and more about expense.

They would not be able to afford Jason's Mom as a playable character because they need the funding to afford all of the new animations, new kills, new potential weapons, new mocap person, new voice overs, new everything pretty much.  Single player as well, because it's hard to make AI in a game that was originally multiplayer focused, especially competent AI.

That's the thing were not getting a Friday The 13th game actually. What were getting is a converted Summer Camp with the Friday The 13th license slapped on it. If this is the type game they wanna do. Why didn't they just finish Summer Camp up instead and wait to make a proper Friday The 13th game. Cause honestly this isn't the treatment the franchise deserves. It deserves a lot more then what's currently being offered. I know the ass kissers are gonna come to GUN's aid. Cause even deep down you gotta know you're screwed over on what could of been a GREAT game.

Summer Camp was LITERALLY Friday The 13th without the licensing.

So you're right: Friday The 13th IS Summer Camp with the F13th license "slapped on" it; that's because the game was literally made to be as close to Friday The 13th as they could without copying directly the license.  Now that they have the license they have as much freedom as they can while having said license.

The funds of the game is going directly to the game and as far as I know they don't spend anything or close to nothing on ad revenue except for panels at game events.

So where am I being screwed over?  So yeah... I'm not really kissing their ass, I'm just not taking your opinion seriously because it holds no weight.  Everything you say is mere speculation and assumption, which is not a good grounds to base your judgements or opinions on.

And speaking of games that could have been great: Dead By Daylight.  I bought into that damn hype when I probably shouldn't of and I ended up with a half baked early access game wearing the facade of a launch that was unbalanced to all hell, buggy as heck, and a community so poisonous that no ideas are ever listened to due to the amount of split between the playerbase.

One look at the pre-alpha of this game and I could already tell it was more complete and had more thought put into it than Dead By Daylight.

While I agree that many of the people who have been demanding single player have been using childish and often moronic justifications for their view points, some have raised very legitimate concerns, namely the inclusion of single player to extend the longevity of the game.

Whenever a online multiplayer only game is released, there is always the natural concern of how long it's going to last before finding full games becomes difficult and eventually impossible. Or the alternative concern that the servers will one day be shut down, a problem that has been killing EA games for half a decade now.

I am in no way defending any of the juvenile toxicity thrown at the lack of single player, but it would also break my heart to pieces if this game just faded away into the night sky a couple of years down the road, never to be enjoyed again.

Indeed but this company has few expenses to worry about.  They don't really spend much on ads, and the only true expense is paying employees.  Otherwise, everything else, as far as I know, goes to the game.  So I wouldn't worry about it getting old; as long as new content is consistent and bug fixes are up to date, this game will be very good.

I mean, take a look at Dead By Daylight;  Half baked early access game disguised as a full release.  Repetitive as hell, broken mechanics, and buggy gameplay, but people still come back to it, stream it, and play it consistently.  Why?

I'd say it's the thrill factor:

There's a certain thrill of either being an underdog against a single, much more powerful force, or being that powerful force itself stomping everyone in your way.  That is the beauty of games like this.  But the problem with Evolve and Dead By Daylight is that they have brain dead mechanics (DbD: What kind of game punishes you for not grinding enough points!?  I have deranked so many times because I win the match too quickly), or are too competitive and have functions that make it unbalanced.  Dead By Daylight doesn't reward you for preforming well, it rewards you for simply playing the game painfully average.  The point system in that game and by extension the rank system are broken as a result.

If Dead By Daylight can gain a following STILL when it is clearly a rushed out of the door game (or they couldn't afford to develop it any longer) then Friday The 13th will do well enough.

It's less about the goals themselves and more about expense.

They would not be able to afford Jason's Mom as a playable character because they need the funding to afford all of the new animations, new kills, new potential weapons, new mocap person, new voice overs, new everything pretty much. Single player as well, because it's hard to make AI in a game that was originally multiplayer focused, especially competent AI.

Summer Camp was LITERALLY Friday The 13th without the licensing.

So you're right: Friday The 13th IS Summer Camp with the F13th license "slapped on" it; that's because the game was literally made to be as close to Friday The 13th as they could without copying directly the license. Now that they have the license they have as much freedom as they can while having said license.

The funds of the game is going directly to the game and as far as I know they don't spend anything or close to nothing on ad revenue except for panels at game events.

So where am I being screwed over? So yeah... I'm not really kissing their ass, I'm just not taking your opinion seriously because it holds no weight. Everything you say is mere speculation and assumption, which is not a good grounds to base your judgements or opinions on.

And speaking of games that could have been great: Dead By Daylight. I bought into that damn hype when I probably shouldn't of and I ended up with a half baked early access game wearing the facade of a launch that was unbalanced to all hell, buggy as heck, and a community so poisonous that no ideas are ever listened to due to the amount of split between the playerbase.

One look at the pre-alpha of this game and I could already tell it was more complete and had more thought put into it than Dead By Daylight.

that was months ago dude, you're a little late most of us have moved on from this thread don't relight the flame

that was months ago dude, you're a little late most of us have moved on from this thread don't relight the flame

I joined yesterday it's my mistake.

I agree. I've said this from day one but let me ask this question and yes while I'm probably the unpopular opinion here and realize that this game has been a MP planned game from day one. Let me ask you guys this... what happens after the initial hype has worn off and say the MP wasn't all that and the game parties die out? What happens then? A wasted game? I'm not trying to hate here but bring up a very good point. I've brought games on con consoles that were MP based and it never cought on and the rooms were dead and the SP was a training game so basically wasted cash. Now I know for a fact that F13 will definitely be hot for at least a month or two but what then or what if it's not. JMHO an question.

Probably won't satisfy, but that's really a bridge to be crossed when we get there. All the focus, quite rightly, is based on this one getting out and being as good as it can possibly be to begin with.

They certainly have mentioned plans for stuff like single player content, other maps, AI bot play, all that post-release content jazz but it will be reliant on the game doing well and being well first and foremost.

Outside of that, got to just have the faith in the devs to deliver something that'll keep bringing people back in. I think the dedicated fanbase will always be around even at minimum but hopefully it'll draw in a lot of casual audience as well.

If they are still putting funds toward stretch goals guys we are less than 7k away from "Thrown from the Window"

If they are still putting funds toward stretch goals guys we are less than 7k away from "Thrown from the Window"

Unfortunately direct funding for the game has ended. It was necessary to develop a concrete operating budget. As far as the future goes who knows what might come down the road.

I understand this, but I think at least up to the theown out the window death was probably already motion captured so it is very likely we will get it at launch. I can't say for sure, we may even get to open up the Slasher Backer again for DLC

It'll more likely be the digital/physical sales that will push any future DLC plans ahead, rather than SB opening up again and since there is no launch DLC at the moment.

All we can do is, if you really enjoy the game, get the word out there and talk to friends and family and anyone you can think of that might be interested!

It's a passion project, and success will go back into the game. They have cool ideas and plans, just the intended stretch goals for one, it's just down to that cash.