DeadlyD

So why can we hide under beds an in closets?

Seriously, I just don't understand the point. Sure we can hopefully fool the Jason player where he'll attack the wrong spot an we can run, but he just morphs or shifts and its pretty much game over. Just because we are hiding in a cabin, it does nothing since it's still highlighted. I'd like to propose a change, if we are hiding an holding our breath the cabin shouldn't be highlighted. I originally thought why not not highlight if we are just hiding but that could allow people to stay hiding under a bed the entire match, so i say holding your breath too. Currently I see no purpose to hide in a cabin. If you're outside in tents, ect, its at least giving you a chance to hide.

Hiding works really well with multiple players in a cabin. One takes off and after a quick scan jason just goes after the runner.

also time is precious for jason. There are times where he doesn't want to spend to much time in one cabin while other stuff is going on.

hiding is next level meta and works really well if your skilled with the juke with a high stealth character

• Like 3

Yes if multiple  players in a cabin is the way to do it, but if you're the last survivor and u hear Jason music or escape a grab, it would be nice to run to a cabin and actually be able to trick Jason by hiding but as it is currently theres just no doing that. If I hear building music I will leave a cabin immediately since its just a way of sayin "here I am Jason"

I'm in agreement. Hiding is worthless to me and I haven't seen it work for most either

• Like 1

The cabin doesn't always highlight red to sense, seems to work better the lower your fear is. 

I just survived a match by hiding for a few minutes under a bed and then used stealth to creep into bushes behind a rock, then made it to the covered bridge while Jason was tearing apart cabins. Time ran out and I lived. It's a valid tactic considering Jason is WAY more powerful than you physically, and in the movies people do hide. This isn't Call of Duty. This is a terrified teenager simulator. :D 

• Like 2

It has its place. For instance he morphs near you and is chasing someone else. That other person runs into your cabin. Easy way to hide and have Jason kill or chase them out and leave you alone

Use Jenny Myers, avoid looking at dead bodies/going into cabins with no power and you can hide all game and never be spotted. Trust me, I'm the master of hide-and-seek in this game!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DarthFLEX said:

Use Jenny Myers, avoid looking at dead bodies/going into cabins with no power and you can hide all game and never be spotted. Trust me, I'm the master of hide-and-seek in this game!

This sounds like a ton of fun

Hiding does have its moments. It's all about timing, luck and patience. I have noticed a lot of players don't care for players "just hiding."

Hiding constantly confuses me. I play Jenny, and I've had Jasons ask me what my perks were, because they had an impossible time finding me (I had no Fear/Sense perks), and then I've had Jasons who rage through the door, through the wall, directly to the hiding place I've been in for the last few minutes.wtf

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, johngie said:

Hiding constantly confuses me. I play Jenny, and I've had Jasons ask me what my perks were, because they had an impossible time finding me (I had no Fear/Sense perks), and then I've had Jasons who rage through the door, through the wall, directly to the hiding place I've been in for the last few minutes.wtf

Either someone told Jason where you were or your fear increased from seeing a dead-body/you were in a cabin with no power... those are the only two things really that will raise Jenny's fear as she generally has nerves of steel.

Its more than likely that someone told Jason where you were if they immediately went into a cabin and skipped all other hiding places and chose yours first. Its blatantly obvious if you pick one in the back of a cabin and he doesn't bother checking those first, as Jason's sense only alerts him of which cabin you are in NOT exactly where.

• Like 1

I have hidden succesfully from Jason as A.J. Mason a few times. I do have a perk that makes me harder to detect while in cabins though.

Sometimes I was alone hiding and sometimes another counselor was there too. I estimate that roughly 70% of the time when I was hiding, Jason didn't find me.

Like was said already in this thread, it has alot to do with what counselor you play and how high/low your fear level is and possibly what perks you have equipped.

Hiding -can- be a good strategy but nothing is guarenteed ofcourse :)

6 hours ago, DeadlyD said:

Yes if multiple  players in a cabin is the way to do it, but if you're the last survivor and u hear Jason music or escape a grab, it would be nice to run to a cabin and actually be able to trick Jason by hiding but as it is currently theres just no doing that. If I hear building music I will leave a cabin immediately since its just a way of sayin "here I am Jason"

You have better changes to survive inside the cabin. Shift+grab is gonna get you otherwise.

It seems like Jason can you sense alltime, even if you have fearlevel zero. I think the fear increases just the reach of his sense(his growing power too), maby hiding just  reduce the range of his sense, thats why the cabin not allways light up.

On 6/7/2017 at 7:25 PM, DeadlyD said:

I'd like to propose a change, if we are hiding an holding our breath the cabin shouldn't be highlighted.

The one problem with that is then it would be too hard for Jason to find everyone before the match ends. Hiding in a cabin isn't really useful unless there are at least a few hiding spots, giving you a chance to escape. Or you can just place a bear trap in front of your hiding spot.

Hiding works welll specially at the beginning of the match, when Jason has no Sense and morph too fast to your area.
... Later, works if you don't have fear and Jason forgot to cut the lights for example.

• Like 2

For the first time ever I played Jason tonight and, after wading through, like, 5 people (including Quint from AINTITCOOLNEWS - heh), the last survivor (we didn't quite have a full lobby) hid in a cabin, and I couldn't find her for shit. I literally teleported around the entire map looking for this chick and not once did any of the cabins glow red. Turns out she was outside when I destroyed all the power boxes, so that didn't affect her, but beyond that I don't know why she was so invisible to me.

I literally have no idea what to do in that situation as Jason, except for to just randomly start attacking every hiding spot I could see. It was frustrating that I never found her, but at the same time I was very impressed with her mad hiding skillz. 

On 2017-06-07 at 5:51 PM, Kashyyyk said:

I'm in agreement. Hiding is worthless to me and I haven't seen it work for most either

I escape Jason by hiding all the time.

Jenny is the best at it because of her high composure.

For high composure/stealth character  it's the best way to lose Jason.

if Jason is breaking down a door I'll run to the other side of the cabin and open a window knowing jason will hear the window open than I hide under a bed. Usually he will shift away or he will come inside and see the open window than morph.

1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

I escape Jason by hiding all the time.

Jenny is the best at it because of her high composure.

For high composure/stealth character  it's the best way to lose Jason.

if Jason is breaking down a door I'll run to the other side of the cabin and open a window knowing jason will hear the window open than I hide under a bed. Usually he will shift away or he will come inside and see the open window than morph.

Is composure better than stealth when it comes to not being detected? I've been trying to use AJ just for that reason so maybe I can buy a few minutes at the start to get something going. When I was playing as Vanessa I would be dead within 3 minutes. 

Composure effects your fear, and when Jason uses sense high fear  shows up in Red.

High composed characters are less likely to scream if Jason is near by as well, so for that reason I'd say composure is better for hiding.

Stealth effects noise, and Jason sees noise in white circles. Stealth may also effect Jason's sense range, but I may be wrong about that.

AJ is high stealth and good composure so she is good at hiding. I'd recommend giving her a fear perk and an avoid sense perk as well. 

Vanessa can't hide at all. She will scream if she's under a bed and Jason is nearby.

Aj, Jenny and Adam are the best at hiding. Maybe Deborah and lachapa also, if they have fear perks equipped 

10 minutes ago, Kashyyyk said:

Is composure better than stealth when it comes to not being detected? I've been trying to use AJ just for that reason so maybe I can buy a few minutes at the start to get something going. When I was playing as Vanessa I would be dead within 3 minutes.