Sign in to follow this  

past 20 games in a row dead in first min cause jason shifts right onto me dont let jason teleport for three minutes to give people a chance

See the blue car in the mini map?  That's what is drawing him to you.  Key objectives like cars and the phone box need to be avoided at the start.  If you trap yourself into a house nearby, you've given Jason a target to fixate on which greatly reduces your likelihood of survival. Check your minimap as soon as you start and boogie away from objects like that until you start finding components to fix them.  This will help, I assure you.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Kingdethro said:

past 20 games in a row dead in first min cause jason shifts right onto me dont let jason teleport for three minutes to give people a chance

You're dying because of bad strategy.

If you spawn near a car or main cabin- run away as fast as you can. Jason's sense ability won't pick you up because he doesn't have it at that point.

Seriously, don't go in that cabin first. Run away from the main cabins and cars.

Edit:

Also, when he's near- don't run upstairs. It's pretty much the number rule in horror not to run upstairs instead of out the window or door.

Edit 2:

You're also playing as the loudest character... not sure what you expect...

• Like 3

Just now, 2fast4u said:

As Jason I always spawn to the cars and main cabins first. 

Ditto, plus the boat.

Just as a funny FYI. I died 15 seconds into a match once. lol... quickest death I've ever seen. Match started, I ran to open cabin door, screen went static and he was there before I could close door. lol

51 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

See the blue car in the mini map?  That's what is drawing him to you.  Key objectives like cars and the phone box need to be avoided at the start.  If you trap yourself into a house nearby, you've given Jason a target to fixate on which greatly reduces your likelihood of survival. Check your minimap as soon as you start and boogie away from objects like that until you start finding components to fix them.  This will help, I assure you.

I've been saying this since launch. No one listens..

• Like 1

Jason (if he's good) will always trap cars and phone first. 

He won't start killing until until he has shift. That's the second ki-ki-ki sound. 

Try to run away from those spots and look for parts. Once he has shift them you need to meet up with counsellors and all as team start attacking objectives. He will likely show up at some point and as team you need to distract him until they are done 

You knew he was in the house and you had a shotgun, but didn't wait at a doorway to shoot him??

Sorry, but you can't blame the game on this one, it was all how you handled it.  You have a very fast counselor and should've been able to drag things out quite a bit more, if not escape that situation with a shotgun and health pack.

Also, that giant white circle around the yellow arrow in the mini-map.  That's you giving off tons of noise.  Vanessa's stealth is horrible, so Jason can see her sound-ring from where his starting shack is no prob.  If you want to limit that a bit in the early game, use walk - not run.  

*EDIT*
I do personally feel the order of abilities Jason gets should be changed, but not for the reasons you presented and your video only showed poor/new gameplay...not broken mechanics.

I think he should get abilities like this -> Shift -> Morph -> Sense -> Stalk

That's because currently it's impossible to get to the phone's fuse-box as a counselor before Jason can trap it and destroy a few other generators.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Edit 2:

You're also playing as the loudest character... not sure what you expect...

Exactly! I had the same problem and was getting pissed. While Vanessa has speed and stamina, she is a bull in a China shop. And while that works for many people's playing style, she just wasn't good for me. I go with AJ and sneak around a good bit. I still die early on occasion but now I'm usually one of the last to go if not escape or outlast all together. 

Jason doesn't have shift in the first minute, he has morph. He can morph right onto you but then, he has no way to catch up to you he doesn't have shift this early in the match.

A very advanced tactic to escape a walking/jogging Jason who can't shift is : running away.

• Like 1

When I'm Jason, which is rare, I don't normally start killing for a minute or so untill I've knocked out most if not all the power boxes and sabotaged the car and phone. That should be enough time for people to not get killed in the first minute. 

1 hour ago, 2fast4u said:

As Jason I always spawn to the cars and main cabins first. 

Most Jason's have caught onto this strategy it seems. Now when I spawn near the car I go into a cabin, leave the door unlocked so he thinks no one is there, and get ready to hide in a closet or under a bed if I hear his music. Once he leaves I know I have at least a couple minutes before he comes back

2 hours ago, cruehitman said:

Just as a funny FYI. I died 15 seconds into a match once. lol... quickest death I've ever seen. Match started, I ran to open cabin door, screen went static and he was there before I could close door. lol

Same here. Git good tho.

3 hours ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Preach.  I can not emphasize this enough.