HodderFodder

Suggestion: Respawn objective pieces if players escape with them

If a character, say, escapes via the car while carrying the fuse, could the fuse please respawn roughly where it would normally be found?

Troll players can easily screw everyone else in the game if they escape with necessary objective pieces. Or players who aren't so savvy. I was in a game where a counselor carrying a battery couldn't figure out how to drop it, and climbed in the fixed boat and escaped.

(Related to the above, what happens to objects characters are holding when they are drowned? Can the objects be picked up in the water, or are they lost completely? Because losing objective items like this would again screw everyone.)

Even though not realistic this would be handy i was in one game both car and boat escape taken there was 2 of us left and we couldnt even call cops which is last escape option cause someone in the car left with the fuse.

I want to say that they should not respawn only because it makes it more realistic and getting screwed by teammates is part of the game I think. For example a teammate that Jason is chasing runs into the house you are in, hes screwing you because now youre at risk of getting chased. A teammate grabs a weapon in a house that you would have found, hes screwing you over that weapon, a teammate crashes the car with you inside of it, a teammate turns on the radio in a house that you are in and Jason shows up. Being screwed by teammates is part of the game and happens all the time. The only thing I can think of that I think should be removed is friendly fire.

• Like 1

I think this idea would be good because in this one match this guy and some other guy escaped in the 2 sitter car and one of the bad the keys for the other car and the fuse and the battery and the driver had the gas every died and I had to survive 20 minutes as Tiffany I mean Tiffany stamina and stealth saved me .from that day on now always play as her 

Good idea. So irritating if that happens especially if no one has called the cops yet. The only other way to win would be to survive for the remainder of the time, which can be quite awhile.

Yeah I think this is one of those times where it should be gameplay over realism.  Parts that are lost through drowning or escaping should respawn. 

That sounds like a good idea to me.

I think I saw a game where someone was carrying the car battery but hid under the bed and was killed, and it didn't appear next to the bed wreckage. That seemed an exception but again a situation where it'd be handy to have a quick random respawn of the item.