Sign in to follow this  
trickstr666

xb1 jason morph unavailable

hey can u guys look into the game about jason's morph ability i cant use. i been playing for a while. everyone i came in contact with has been able to use morph. i can not use morph, map appears but can't use my ability, i just hear a weird click no red circle appears on my map also. another thing i am unable to speak or hear anyone on game chat only party chat. its not my mic in case u wanna say its my mic. i understand u cant hear the councelors till u get near them. but i cant hear them at all nor can they hear me in the lobby. xbox one gamertag is TRICKSTR666

/bump

Have you found anything out? I am having the EXACT same issues, it's really frustrating! I have even tried un-installing and re-installing it. Please let me know if you find anything out

Im the same buddy. Uninstall it and reinstall it 5 times. It takes the fun out of jason. Councelors escape because i cant morph. In the meantime i got super annoyed and frustrated i just gave up on the game. Called microsoft to see if i can get a refund on the game. I told them i will wait on the game to be fully fixed. So if they cant get it to work i wont purchase it nomore. So i dont own it nomore. Hopefully they can get it to work properly because on the meantime im done with the game. Crashes, freezes, glitches, quitter host, unable to use abililty, too many problems that made me say its not worth it. It basically felt like a beta. 

Ps another reason that made me say F the game and gun media was when they posted on social media saying patch has been updated they fix this and that when they clearly didnt. 

I actually got a response about this on twitter.   Said they were aware of the issue with his Morph ability and that it is being looked at.   

Update

My morph ability now works and i switched from my pro controller to just my regular xbox one s controller and my mic now works in game chat for some reason. Idk if you were using a pro controller but if you were try using a regular one.

On 12 June 2017 at 3:00 PM, csharris4 said:

Already using the controller that came with it.  :(   Do you have the red dot now?

May sound silly. But if the other guy has success switching controllers, maybe tried disconnect and reconnect your controller? See if that works.

I have no morph ability or game chat.  makes playing really bad.  last game i killed 0/7 because i couldn't morph. really hard to escape when i can't talk to anyone too. I've tried 3 controllers and three headsets.

two patches and you can't even fix the issue that deems the game unplayable. I was a backer on kickstarter from day one. Now you have my money and I can't even play the game.  I AM PISSED.

Using the original controller (with cord) worked for me today.  first time i've been able to play Jason AND have game chat. Please fix this so I can use my wireless controller.

Has playing with a wired cable worked? Im still not sold on rebuying the game. With the wired controller are u able to use morph and game chat?

So I tried reconnecting my controller and that didn't work.   I've also uninstalled, hard reset, reinstalled and that didn't work.    Really the only other thing I can even think of to try would be using a cable to connect my wireless controller directly to the Xbox.   Best I've been able to do as Jason is 3/8.   Sucks not having what is probably Jason's best ability working properly.

For sure. Makes the game less fun and unplayable. Im gonna buy my time and wait till they fix all the glitches and patches. Hopefully it works guys, i hated the feeling of being unable to morph or game chat. 

Okay so a quick update.    I was having an issue with my mic today, (could hear others but they couldn't hear me) went searching on here for a fix to that issue and lo and behold found out a lot of info.    So from this other thread I saw it appears that people with the morph problem are all also suffering from the mic issue, nameplates not displaying above counselor heads, load outs for counselors and Jason not saving.  

So I grabbed a cable and connected my wireless controller directly to the xbox and believe it or not I think it fixed all my issues.   Everything that I set as far as Jason kills and perks saved.   Anything I did AFTER i unplugged the cable didn't save.   I haven't gotten into a game as Jason yet so I don't know if it will fix the lack of targetting dot for Morph but I have a feeling it will.

TL:DR If your using a wireless controller connect it to your X1 via cable.   Once you get the "controller pairing lost" error you'll be fine as long as you leave the controller wired.

Using the original controller (with cord) worked for me today.  first time i've been able to play Jason AND have game chat. Please fix this so I can use my wireless controller.

With the wired controller morph and game chat work perfectly.  been using it for a week. Can finally play the game the way it was intended. it is much better.  I can actually survive being able to communicate.  Not the best at Jason, but can at least stop a car from driving away.

I am able to morph by pressing start twice while the morph map is up to get the red morph indicator to show up...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this