Sign in to follow this  
ericrightshow

Jason not OP enough

I see a lot of people crying about Jason being way too powerful, but what I'm starting to see are groups of counselors trolling Jason to the point of tedium. It kills the immersion when someone can just run circles around a table forever when Jason should be able to simply destroy it. The other one that kills me is that Jason cannot stop a car if it's going backwards. Just a couple exploits I've noticed. LOVE THE GAME 

• Like 3

Those people must just suck as Jason. I kill everyone when I play as Jason; and I've only ever had two people escape (by boat and didn't know at the time I had to press A to stop it. Just though I had to get in front of it like the car). And you can stop a car when it is going backwards. Had it happen to me last night.

It's not a matter of sucking as Jason. Jason shouldn't have to step around a couch to kill a guy. And you absolutely can't stop a car driving backwards. Sure, it won't move, but it's not disabled. So as soon as you go around to disable it, they can take off again.

• Like 1

Running around a table - Jason will catch him eventually he has shift and any councillor without stamina is slower than Jason. 

Stopping a car going backwards - Jason just shifts behind the car works exactly the same as if it was going forward.

Set a trap on the floor most  break off from the table / car etc then you may close ground on them. If they don't run try to hit them with a throwing knife. It will slow them. There are a lot of tools at Jason's disposal effective usage of them makes Jason the monster he is ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikester1188 said:

Those people must just suck as Jason. I kill everyone when I play as Jason; and I've only ever had two people escape (by boat and didn't know at the time I had to press A to stop it. Just though I had to get in front of it like the car). And you can stop a car when it is going backwards. Had it happen to me last night.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Menacemaddness said:

Running around a table - Jason will catch him eventually he has shift and any councillor without stamina is slower than Jason. 

Stopping a car going backwards - Jason just shifts behind the car works exactly the same as if it was going forward.

This - both things - I just had a chance last night to try to escape in reverse and found out it doesn't work unless Jason misses the car or doesnt show

1 hour ago, JPops said:

Set a trap on the floor most  break off from the table / car etc then you may close ground on them. If they don't run try to hit them with a throwing knife. It will slow them. There are a lot of tools at Jason's disposal effective usage of them makes Jason the monster he is ;)

You playing the same game mate? You cannot put jason traps indoors :/

Even if you could I would assume the amount of tables and couches is definitely > the amount of traps you have

Your right about the traps but there is more sekret ways to get someone off of something like that

25 minutes ago, Pappus said:

You playing the same game mate? You cannot put jason traps indoors :/

Even if you could I would assume the amount of tables and couches is definitely > the amount of traps you have

Sorry I should have split that up that was confusing. Traps for outside such as the car throwing knives for indoors. That was all jumbled together my apologies. 

4 hours ago, ericrightshow said:

I see a lot of people crying about Jason being way too powerful, but what I'm starting to see are groups of counselors trolling Jason to the point of tedium. It kills the immersion when someone can just run circles around a table forever when Jason should be able to simply destroy it. The other one that kills me is that Jason cannot stop a car if it's going backwards. Just a couple exploits I've noticed. LOVE THE GAME 

I agree that Jason should be able to move furniture but they would have to implement more things in the game to balance that out. He can stop the car going backwards or forwards so theres nothing wrong with that. If you are Jason and you cannot stop the car the problem is with the player not the game. That being said if you cannot catch a person running around an object that is also a player problem not a game problem theres lots of things you can do to avoid that situation such as, traps, throwing knives, shift ability, go after another player. Out of all the things wrong with the game the things you said are not the problems with the game itself.

1 hour ago, SNaKe_ said:

This - both things - I just had a chance last night to try to escape in reverse and found out it doesn't work unless Jason misses the car or doesnt show

Jason can definitely stop a car going backwards. It works just like going forward it had it happen multiple times. I'm on xbox. Maybe ps4 or PC have a glitch that Jason can't? Or maybe Xbox has a glitch that it can be stopped going backwards. Up definitely had it happen on xbox

Make the furniture destroyable, problem solved. An axe should be able to smash a table or couch. Make Jason traps able to be set indoors like the beartraps and make Jason be able to use the bear traps the counselors use or make his own reusable by pressing E.

• Like 2

So today I've been playing a few matches on and off and had the newly found displeasure of playing as Jason.  Why do I say that?  Because now that people have figured out the mechanics of what it takes to stay alive, they are simply one hit stunning anytime someone gets near.   I think a little more balancing with item spawns such as firecrackers and pocket knives would slow some of that but I went from killed 6-7 per match to 1-2 per match because people are simply out maneuvering Jason.  I know people are going to say shift and catch them and I am aware of that but when people have 2-3 pocket knives or 2-3 fire crackers, it makes it almost impossible to kill anyone.  Maybe a different set of keys for the 2 seater vs. 4 seater.   I think this game is phenomenal  and with a few tweaks would be my favorite of all time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sriley95 said:

So today I've been playing a few matches on and off and had the newly found displeasure of playing as Jason.  Why do I say that?  Because now that people have figured out the mechanics of what it takes to stay alive, they are simply one hit stunning anytime someone gets near.   I think a little more balancing with item spawns such as firecrackers and pocket knives would slow some of that but I went from killed 6-7 per match to 1-2 per match because people are simply out maneuvering Jason.  I know people are going to say shift and catch them and I am aware of that but when people have 2-3 pocket knives or 2-3 fire crackers, it makes it almost impossible to kill anyone.  Maybe a different set of keys for the 2 seater vs. 4 seater.   I think this game is phenomenal  and with a few tweaks would be my favorite of all time.

I still have no problem killing everyone, so I don't know what you are experiencing. 
You say they instant stun you.
If you mean when you approach them, then you need to time your grab better and you can interrupt their attack by grabbing them.
If you mean after you grab someone and a second person hits you, consider hitting one with melee first. Keep hitting, until they mess up and are too far away to help once you grab one.

I will definitely not say shift and catch them, because that is lame and you can kill everyone by hunting and chasing(even with a Jason that can't run).
Sometimes people will have multiple pocket knives, but that means others won't have any. Firecrackers often miss or you can wait them out.
I think making 2 different sets of keys is a bit much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sriley95 said:

Im sorry but if you are getting trolled when you are playing Jason and cant kill someone that is most definitely a player problem. I have never once not been able to kill someone that I was chasing, actually I feel the opposite. Many times I have done things to make the game harder when I played as Jason such as not using the OP grab at all. I have never had someone run around a table or car or whatever that I couldnt catch its easy just use the shift ability they dont know where you are and have to scramble. Stunning Jason is a lot harder than you think you have to time it absolutely perfectly to stun Jason before he can grab you if you both attack at the same time 1 on 1. Anyone that says that the shift grab is not a problem then you have not played against anyone that has experience as Jason because I can shift grab someone almost every time I have the opportunity. I am not claiming to be good at the game and thats the whole point if I can do that almost every time and kill everyone with 10 minutes left that is a problem.

4 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Make the furniture destroyable, problem solved. An axe should be able to smash a table or couch. Make Jason traps able to be set indoors like the beartraps and make Jason be able to use the bear traps the counselors use or make his own reusable by pressing E.

No way. Jason's traps are OP as it is. If I can clearly see that a trap is set, I should be able to disarm it. Putting a trap in front of the phone box should not be checkmate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ericrightshow said:

No way. Jason's traps are OP as it is. If I can clearly see that a trap is set, I should be able to disarm it. Putting a trap in front of the phone box should not be checkmate.

I agree with this

7 hours ago, ericrightshow said:

New patch allows you to disarm traps using pocket knives. Simply crouch close to one when you see it and press E :) Breaks the knife but disarms the trap.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kodiak said:

New patch allows you to disarm traps using pocket knives. Simply crouch close to one when you see it and press E :) Breaks the knife but disarms the trap.

You have to use a pocket knife? Really? that's so dumb. 

• Like 1