fourkillmaster

Jason Should Be Able To Shift Through Open Windows

Simple concept but I think it would offer much more jump-scare type moments if careless players left windows open and Jason materialized inside with them. This could add a new meta to the game with players either deciding to leave windows open for a quick escape or to have Jason sneak up on them and appear within the Cabin unsuspectingly. Of-course Jason wouldn't be able to climb through windows and would still have to chop doors down to get to the counselor inside as-well as being unable to shift through broken windows.

Pros - Can shift through an open window surprising unsuspecting players

Cons - Can't shift through broken windows

I personally think Jason has enough at his disposal to deal with the counselors. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Metalalbert said:

I personally think Jason has enough at his disposal to deal with the counselors. But that's just my opinion.

I was going to say the same thing. Jason has enough advantages.

No, Jason has enough issues, and shift-grab nullifies most escape attempts anyways, going through windows would just ruin the game more than it is currently. :/

I think this has to be the worse idea that has been posted on here, like others have said he has more than enough at his disposal.

3 hours ago, Metalalbert said:

Agreed. I like Jason how he is, all powerful, a total bad ass, as he should be, he's Jason!

The shifting through open windows is a cool idea for jump scares, you're right. But I feel he's powerful enough already.

On 6/4/2017 at 9:19 AM, fourkillmaster said:

Simple concept but I think it would offer much more jump-scare type moments if careless players left windows open and Jason materialized inside with them. This could add a new meta to the game with players either deciding to leave windows open for a quick escape or to have Jason sneak up on them and appear within the Cabin unsuspectingly. Of-course Jason wouldn't be able to climb through windows and would still have to chop doors down to get to the counselor inside as-well as being unable to shift through broken windows.

While I agree that certain aspects of Jason should be modified to make him more OP, allowing him to shift through windows would be way too OP. It would completely change the way the game plays and take a huge amount of escaping potential away from the counselors. 

If they did this, there would literally be no way to mount a successful defense against a pursuing Jason... You'd be dead to rights the moment he finds you.  

• Like 1

The whole mechanic for locking the door would mean nothing which is a major / few defenses a player has against Jason... would it be scary? yes, but it breaks design of the game.  

While Jason is meant to be OP I believe this suggestion is game breaking. There has to be some sort of balance and if Jason can break a window and shift in well the game is over before it begins.

Such a suggestion nullifies the cat and mouse aspect of the game and sort of just weighs in Jason's favor making the game become nothing more than I'm dead when Jason finds me. I see your intent however you need to take balance into consideration at some degree.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 9:19 AM, fourkillmaster said:

I don't like the idea because it would be too easy for Jason to wait to use his ability when someone is crawling through a window . Example : counselor crawls into window going inside house away from Jason, as she opens it he shifts inside appearing inside before she can even get into the house (slow animation which is necessary for the general gameplay) - this would be gamebreaking because any Jason can easily wait for counselors crawling through windows after such a quick shift through windows .

On 6/4/2017 at 8:19 AM, fourkillmaster said:

Hahahahah that's funny and ridiculous.. You want jump scare moments learn to use stalk effectively! There is a reason its the last skill unlocked in the game. It silences ALL noise coming from Jason that's your jump scare.. Windows are to the players advantage and should remain so

I don't get why he can't climb through windows. Windows are how he got in and out of houses in the movies when he was sneaky. Maybe make it so he goes really slowly through a window and is more vulnerable to attack as opposed to just going through a door. I also wish he could shut doors behind him so he can actually hide with stalk active. 

10 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I don't get why he can't climb through windows. Windows are how he got in and out of houses in the movies when he was sneaky. Maybe make it so he goes really slowly through a window and is more vulnerable to attack as opposed to just going through a door. I also wish he could shut doors behind him so he can actually hide with stalk active. 

For balance I say if Jason could climb in and out of windows he be killing people even earlier as there no reason waiting for rage to be active 

On 6/4/2017 at 1:10 PM, Lv1 Magikarp said:

I think this has to be the worse idea that has been posted on here, like others have said he has more than enough at his disposal.

Exactly my opinion. You might as well just spawn all the counselors in an open parking lot with no cover, vehicles, anything to hide behind so that Jason can slaughter them all and the only challenge is to slaughter them all faster than the last time.