Sign in to follow this  
ArlanKels

The Future of Friday the 13th?

There is, in my opinion of course, a very distinct need for the "Friday Team" to now come forward and tell us something specific.  That information is what their plan is for the future, perhaps a lain out sketching or overall basic blueprint for what they plan to do next with the game.  As most of us players know and admit the game could use more, whether it be maps, counselors, maps, jason skins, maps, new kill animations, or more maps the inherent issue we're personally faced with is that we have no idea what is coming.  Nearly every single review comments on the amount of content within the game and how it will need more to keep the game fresh, moving and above all entertaining.

I have many friends who have shown interest in the game, yet they balk at the forty dollar charge due to the current content.  I currently have no way to assure them of incoming fresh content because there is no strong communication from the Friday Team.  I will say this, and please take it with utmost sincerity, if you try to give specifics on how long something is going to take you are going to get slapped in the face if those tentative deadlines are not met.  So while it would be nice to see a blueprint I can understand if the "Team" wants to be vague on how long they antciipate certain aspects of said plan are going to take.

This is what happens when folks weren't following the game prior to launch.

if you try to give specifics on how long something is going to take you are going to get slapped in the face if those tentative deadlines are not met.

This happened just this year. The devs said the release date would be announced "Early 2017". And by that, they were divind the year into three "Early (January-Apruil)-Mid (May-August), Late (Sept-December)". And people lost their damn minds because they assumed Early = January-February, and there was no announcement by February.

They also originally said there would be Two new Jasons. Savini, and a Teenage Jason. At the time, they were looking at Jason prior to Part 2--he would have been wearing his mother's sweater as a mask. Well, they just could not get that to look menacing, so they abandoned it. Meanwhile, people saw them say "teenage Jason" and lost their damn mind because they were assuming like, a 15 year old Jason running around killing people. So the more specific, the more fans overreact or get entitled and demanding.

You got to understand that the devs who made this game are about 20 people. They are not an AAA company. And that things take time. For instance, people are chanting "More kills!" Well, kills require about $50,000 to pay Kane Hodder and some actors, in LA, to do motion capture to record the kills, the coders have to translate that into game, and then the animators have to animate it, the sound guy has to put in the music and so on. The same idea with maps, that has to be designed, playtested, textured, etc.

I see the fan base of other games getting disgruntled when game companies don't move at lightning speed. I'm coming from Overwatch, and there quite a number of fans were disgruntled at the speed of new content. They were like "We should be getting new heroes, new maps every month." Well, Overwatch has a team of 100 employees behind it, and it takes them 6 months to make a map, because it's a long process with multiple steps, and at each step it has to be tested.

I'd also argue that the game has been out a week, and the devs are busy trying to fix server issues, glitches, bugs, work with Playstation/Xbox to get those patches through, AND communicate all of that to us. So, they're probably busy putting out fires rather than making new content righ tnow.

But I can tell you up front, they said well before the game came out, that Single PLayer (Jason vs. AI Bots) is coming this summer.

And I can say that, the makers of the game got a ton of money from this, more money than they thought they ever would. And they are going ot milk that gravy train. It would not surprise me that, the support the game has garnered will renew talks of a new movie, because this game is breathing life back into the franchise. The designers are huge fans--this was a labor of love, and the backers (Savini, Hodder, et al) support this, so everyone wants to see this thing go the distance.

• Like 1

Why would they release more shit if the game doesnt work right to begin with? They need to fix all the stuff that is wrong with the game first before they release anything new and this game was not up to par on release anyway so they are fixing shit that should have been fixed in the beta. I hope it will be awhile before they release anything new as long as they are fixing what is wrong with the game in its current state.

1 hour ago, HodderFodder said:

This is what happens when folks weren't following the game prior to launch.

I'd dare say a very very large chunk of the playerbase was not following the game prior to launch.  It's why there's only a handful of Savini Jason's :D

I'd like to note that if my first post came across as a "WE NEED STUFF NOWWWWW" it was not meant to be that.  Rather I simply was stating it would be a good idea for them to say what they're planning to do, that way people know what we have to look forward to as well as help bolster sales.

Nah you're fine. I'm just trying to help adjust expectations.

Anyways, my point is that they know, and they are doing things deliberately. Before the game came out, they were very tight-lipped about everything, deciding when to tell us what.