TWarner

Friday the 13th (2017) Bring Kane back ! Your Thoughts.

I just got done reading about the mocap and the comments that Kane said that the 3 things as far as his career was concerned were  1. playing Jason in the movies  2 . Hatchet  3. This game and his passion shows through in the work he has and is doing now.  I really think that the directors of the New Movie should consider bringing him back !   I think a petition should be started to bring him back !  It is us the fans that pay to see these films and support them !  Give us what we want !   Not sure what the story line is going to be but Kane has always played the later Jason but would be great as the more humanized Jason as well.  Thoughts ?

• Like 2

I would love Kane to come back , but for New Line is the question . After they fell over each others stories on why they didn't use Kane Hodder in F vs J , I am not sure they deserve him . The fans certainly deserve him . If not I am happy with Derek as well , I think he did a great job taking Jason in the direct that they wanted , which may have not been what every fan wanted , but all in all he put together a pretty good Jason.

I doubt New Line will bring him back. They don't really care, they can just cast any other tall guy. We fans know nothing compares to old Jasons, especially Kane. I would SOOO love him being back, kicking ass, ripping off horny teens' faces and stuff, ya know.

Heavily-breathing Jason is best Jason.

Kane is best Voorhees.

giphy.gif

Agreed, that's why I prefer Kane Hodder's New Blood Jason. It's hard to emote under a ton of makeup and a mask over your face. He really brought life and rage to the character via body language. I would love to see him in another F13th movie.

Every time I see that gif I get creeped out. Kane Hodder was the most intimidating Jason ever, fact. Well, if you ignore Parts VIII-X.

Every time I see that gif I get creeped out. Kane Hodder was the most intimidating Jason ever, fact. Well, if you ignore Parts VIII-X.

While those three aren't my favorites of the series by any stretch I never felt Kane had anything to do with their quality. They could've had Richard Brooker, Ted White or C.J Graham back and those films wouldn't have been any better with them. I still feel Kane's portrayal in 7 is one of the very best Jasons and it's one of the first that comes to mind right away when thinking of the character.

I think it's maybe more likely for him too be brought back threw the television show considering sean will actually have some say in the discussion on who too cast, and I'm sure hes aware most of us have and always will favor the idea that kane is jason.

I like the 2009 Jason better.He was way more scarier the way he was moving.

I think derek mears made a great Jason but in my opinion no one can beat Kane. There's a reason they cast him for 4 straight movies

He deserves the chance to play Jason in a good movie.

My absolute favorite Jason will always be Richard Brooker, he moved like a real mentally handicapped, 250 lb. maniac, that has physical problems, and just escaped from a house for the criminally insane. Very believable performance. Ted White was very good as well. Kane poured his entire career into his performance of Jason, it was his "Golden Role", and he knew it fit like a glove. He is awesome, but I always thought he put a little too much straight forward anger into it, and not enough "calculated, stalking menace". Mind you that's just my opinion, but the stalk, akin to Michael Myers, leading to the kill, is scarier, to me anyway, than the kill itself. I've always attributed it to Jason's undead nature, by the time Kane got the role, as well as what the director wanted that justified how Kane portrayed Jason. But if anybody should get another on screen role to play Jason, it should be Kane, he was jacked over, plain and simple. Everyone knows this, but won't admit the obvious, typical Hollywood politics. Kane gave us a unique take on the character, and worked his a** off for the fans, when others wouldn't, so Kane earned the respect, and the title, hands down.

I think Kane would of been a for sure thing in the TV series because sean's smart enough to know, that alone would get people excited enough to check it out, with CW canning that and no word on sean pursuing it with any other networks realistically apart from mocapping I can't see him ever getting the chance again but hey, crazier stuff had happened like this video game being made.

He deserves the chance to play Jason in a good movie.

Yes I agree he should get a chance to do a new Friday movie with better direction! I wonder why they don't hire him?

First to be fair, each actor that played Jason brought something to the character that the other actors built on. But in my opinion option the two Jason's that are the best are in this order. Kane and Myers. If ethier of these two were in the running I'd be happy. But all in all, Kane's my man.

Yeah, every actor that has played Jason gave an awesome performance.