I think it all comes down to practice. I'm currently level 25 and I find that shift-grab is extremely powerful when I'm Jason, but easy to avoid when playing counselor, which means that when you actually understand it and how you're making yourself a target for it, it is balanced.

When I play killer, I've pretty much mastered the shift-grab, not that it's particularly hard to do against clueless counselors, and every game I get one or two guys calling me a faggot and whining that all I can do is shift-grab. And...yea...if you insist on being in open ares with no items to protect yourself, I'm not gonna let you run around the whole game and just look at you menacingly. I'm gonna shift-grab you and kill you. It's up to counselors to either adjust their playstyle and not make themselves vulnerable to the shift grab by staying inside and  stocking up on items, or by outmanoeuvering it with mind games and feints.

As a counselor, we don't have stats on survival rates but I have played a disgusting amount of games in the short while the game has been out, and I survive easily more than half the time. It's all about planning ahead of Jason and and being smart about when to take risks. Don't venture outside unless (1) you can juke (2) you have items (3) you know Jason is away thanks to walkie-talkie communication (4) you have stunned him (5) you are around other counselors who can help you. Oftentimes, I find the most powerful counter to the shift grab is to actually make a stand in the cabin you are, get the drop on him, stun him, run to another cabin while he is incapacitated. Playing counselor is all about managing risks. If you're getting killed by being shift-grabbed so much, you're taking too many risks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

I think it all comes down to practice. I'm currently level 25 and I find that shift-grab is extremely powerful when I'm Jason, but easy to avoid when playing counselor, which means that when you actually understand it and how you're making yourself a target for it, it is balanced.

When I play killer, I've pretty much mastered the shift-grab, not that it's particularly hard to do against clueless counselors, and every game I get one or two guys calling me a faggot and whining that all I can do is shift-grab. And...yea...if you insist on being in open ares with no items to protect yourself, I'm not gonna let you run around the whole game and just look at you menacingly. I'm gonna shift-grab you and kill you. It's up to counselors to either adjust their playstyle and not make themselves vulnerable to the shift grab by staying inside and  stocking up on items, or by outmanoeuvering it with mind games and feints.

As a counselor, we don't have stats on survival rates but I have played a disgusting amount of games in the short while the game has been out, and I survive easily more than half the time. It's all about planning ahead of Jason and and being smart about when to take risks. Don't venture outside unless (1) you can juke (2) you have items (3) you know Jason is away thanks to walkie-talkie communication (4) you have stunned him (5) you are around other counselors who can help you. Oftentimes, I find the most powerful counter to the shift grab is to actually make a stand in the cabin you are, get the drop on him, stun him, run to another cabin while he is incapacitated. Playing counselor is all about managing risks. If you're getting killed by being shift-grabbed so much, you're taking too many risks.

If you survive more than half the time, you're playing terrible Jasons.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

If you survive more than half the time, you're playing terrible Jasons.

Ok so after 32 hours played (ouch i need to stop pulling all nighters xd) I have ONLY encountered bad Jasons.

Has it perhaps occured to you, that you might....be....a bad counselor? :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

Ok so after 32 hours played (ouch i need to stop pulling all nighters xd) I have ONLY encountered bad Jasons.

Has it perhaps occured to you, that you might....be....a bad counselor? :)

If I'm bad, so is everyone else that has played against them. You're welcome to join our group and try your hand.

11 minutes ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

Jason is actually very balanced.

If you are out in the open... he's supposed to get you.

Get over it.

The vast majority of the map is out in the open. That doesn't make sense.

Stop being so liberal in your thinking...

Jason is supposed to get you. Hide... or group up... a bunch of hero solo babies that can't fight off Jason and escape? Get over it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

Jason is actually very balanced.

If you are out in the open... he's supposed to get you.

Get over it.

This.

• Like 1

Just now, Geometrek said:

This.

It is nice to see someone else that isn't stupid.

Thank you for not being stupid. Some people just don't get it. All these millennials... lol

• Like 1

Just now, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

Thank you for not being stupid. Some people just don't get it. All these millennials... lol

:);)

9 minutes ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

Stop being so liberal in your thinking...

Jason is supposed to get you. Hide... or group up... a bunch of hero solo babies that can't fight off Jason and escape? Get over it.

Hiding? Not so easy when he can sense you with RNG.

Sometimes im hiding in a closet for the around 10 mins and Jason never finds me....then in another Match hiding again in a closet, in a lit house, was the calm in person(no fear at all).

After 1 min in the closet jason appears and killed me, he said that the building light up :/

Please tell me where was my mistake.

22 minutes ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

Anyone who calls people "millennials" with a negative tone automatically loses any credibility. I see you did the same for liberals. It says a lot about you. None of it good.

• Like 1

Jason doesn't need to be nerfed.  He would become laughable. Maybe add some more recovery frames after a missed grab or more recovery frames after a missed or blocked attack but that would be as far as I go. However counselors do need a buff  and you can do this by changing how combat stance works. Swinging a weapon or holding block  should drain stamina  and strength should affect stamina cost for swinging and holding block. You should also be able to block Jason's grab and add more recovery frames to a blocked grab making so depending on which counselor you're playing you have enough time to either runaway or attack. They also need to add some invincibility frames for dodging because you can be grabbed out of your dodge animation. The only other thing that I would change is have strength affect attack speed.this would balance the counselors out so that the stealth oriented counselors are not very affected at combat ,which they shouldn't be, and the combat oriented counselors like Brandon and Chad are fun to play as a not completely useless. Everything else in regards to the insta grab insta kill I think it's fine.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:15 AM, SexDrugs&Tea said:

Shift grab is fair considering that counselors can (1) juke, (2) pop firecrackers right befroe Jason grabs them and he drops you right back down, (3) pocket knives).

In my opinion, if you have no way to escape Jason,s grasp, you should be staying inside trying to find items. If you're out in the open and get insta-killed, you should have spent more time preparing before going outside

Yep, EXACLTY. Read the thread about Nerfing Jason's primary and see how I got that person to admit that it was nothing more than a lie and a conflated non-issue. That is what all of the nerf Jason stuff is, conflated non-issues from people that want this to be easy like DbD. No thanks to that.

If your playing F13 and you are the last person and survive, you should feel damn lucky to be alive and like you just barely escaped one hell of a nightmarish ordeal, IF you survive, you should feel like you just overcame the most overwhelming odds that you could face and survived. THAT how it is SUPPOSED to be, not easy. THAT IS F13 not Douched By Daylight.

19 hours ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

This Jason used his powers almost immediately after being knifed.

Jason being able to simultaneously appear and grab or stop the car is cheap and unfun. Period. It doesn't matter why. It's cheap and not fun. 

Stop saying I need practice. I don't. You're just playing against bad Jasons.

I've played against all kinds of Jasons. Good ones, bad ones, mid level ones. I'm level 21 on PC and level 16 on Xbox One, plus I got to level 19 in the beta. I've played this game a lot and I've spent months of reading about the game, watching the game, watching interviews and following the developers on Twitter. I've read every bit of information they've put out in the last 6-8 months. Yesterday - and I'm not exaggerating - I died about 4-5 times over the entire day of playing. I played against good Jasons in that period, one which nearly stopped my car when I was the last counsellor. How you play the game is up to you, but my method works.

14 hours ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

It has nothing to do with practice. What am I supposed to do? Zig-zag any time I move? That's ridiculous. You guys are making excuses for poor game decisions. Asking for a chance to defend myself as a counselor is hardly a nerf. The fact of the matter is that if the game is too lopsided in Jason's direction, the game isn't fun. Period. Loads of people recognize that. You can see the complaints on this very forum. If they don't stop the instakills, people WILL leave the game. Me included. The novelty of playing in the Friday the 13th world wears off and you're left with a game where you spend the majority of your time not playing because you can't defend yourself.

You're not supposed to run in a straight line when he's chasing you. You're not supposed to try and fight him, and you're not supposed to go anywhere near him without at least a method of defence. There is nothing to do with 'bad game decisions' because I'm living proof that escaping is not as hard as you're making it out to be. The fact is you need to play the game more, it's really, REALLY not as hard as you're insisting it is. Don't ever claim you 'can't defend yourself' either, because there's pocket knives, firecrackers, weapons, Pamela's sweater and all sorts of stuff you can use against Jason. Don't blame the game and insist it's bad game design just because you didn't bother to get a pocket knife before sprinting out in the open.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

Anyone who calls people "millennials" with a negative tone automatically loses any credibility. I see you did the same for liberals. It says a lot about you. None of it good.

Whatever you want to think. I'm right though.

You can spot most millenials and liberal thinking people. The ME ME ME, NOW NOW NOW generation is silly.

I'm glad I hit a nerve, you must be one of those mentioned... save the trolling dude. Discuss topics and stay on topic. Grow up.

Why is this driving me so crazy?

IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR!!!

Stop asking for better combat from the counselors. You're not supposed to take Jason head on.

Shift grab is exactly as it should be. If Jason finds you and decides to target and pursue you....there shouldn't be a whole lot you can do.

If you want a fair fight and balanced game play you need to find a different game.

*I'm not a developer of this game and this is just my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

You can spot most millenials and liberal thinking people. The ME ME ME, NOW NOW NOW generation is silly.

I'm glad I hit a nerve, you must be one of those mentioned... save the trolling dude. Discuss topics and stay on topic. Grow up.

You can spot the Conservative/Trump neanderthals by their overall ignorance and general D-baggery.

How wonderfully hypocritical that you'd tell anyone to grow up while acting like a whiney little bitch. Keep your political bullshit out of my Jason.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

I agree with your synopsis on the game's current balance/difficulty as it applies to Jason being strong in the open, but your attitude and need to antagonize and insult seems rather juvenile.

Why does everything have to turn into "you are stupid" "no you are stupideeeeer" with you guys? Discuss, argue and get angry.

But the second you turn to personal attacks you already lost.

Have some dignity for crying out loud.

7 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I've played against all kinds of Jasons. Good ones, bad ones, mid level ones. I'm level 21 on PC and level 16 on Xbox One, plus I got to level 19 in the beta. I've played this game a lot and I've spent months of reading about the game, watching the game, watching interviews and following the developers on Twitter. I've read every bit of information they've put out in the last 6-8 months. Yesterday - and I'm not exaggerating - I died about 4-5 times over the entire day of playing. I played against good Jasons in that period, one which nearly stopped my car when I was the last counsellor. How you play the game is up to you, but my method works.

You're not supposed to run in a straight line when he's chasing you. You're not supposed to try and fight him, and you're not supposed to go anywhere near him without at least a method of defence. There is nothing to do with 'bad game decisions' because I'm living proof that escaping is not as hard as you're making it out to be. The fact is you need to play the game more, it's really, REALLY not as hard as you're insisting it is. Don't ever claim you 'can't defend yourself' either, because there's pocket knives, firecrackers, weapons, Pamela's sweater and all sorts of stuff you can use against Jason. Don't blame the game and insist it's bad game design just because you didn't bother to get a pocket knife before sprinting out in the open.

He wasn't chasing me. I was just running from house to house and he instantly grabbed me and killed me. There was no indication he was nearby or I was in any danger. My character may as well had just glitches through the map and died because that is just as fun as being killed with no warning.

And yes, I was defenseless. All of those items are useless when they aren't in the one room cabin you managed to get into after spawning and instantly being attacked by Jason.

Maybe the issues I am complaining about are fixed in the patch. I don't know because the Xbox One version hasn't received a single patch yet.

6 hours ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

Yeah, they called the baby boomers the "me" generation too. As it turns out, every generation thinks the next generation sucks. It has always been that way and it is usually not true. The difference between baby boomers and millenials is that baby boomers trashed the economy so that the best educated generation in American history (their kids) can't get decent jobs or affordable healthcare and are now actively working to trash the environment so that millions of people end up displaced from rising sea levels and getting killed from cancers or extreme weather and "natural" disasters, along with animal species being wiped off the planet. 

This game proves that the "liberal" way of thinking is the best. It shows that working as a team is better than working by yourself. 

Yes, you did strike a nerve. People like you are ignorant to what you're doing to the country and the planet. The reason why the United States is a world leader in only military power and number of people incarcerated instead of education, healthcare, happiness, wealth distribution, etc. is because of people like you. You're holding the United States back from being the beacon of opportunity that it once was. It's because of you that the main justification for living in the US is the nice weather.

I think SHIFT is a bit overpowered in a sense you can literally be on top of another player and kill them very fast.  I think a simple solution would be to create a boundary.  So Jason can't shift within X amount of feet behind/in front of a counselor.  Or make the time it takes to do an execution longer so the counselor has a little more time to escape the grab. Saying "always have a pocket knife" is really outrageous considering there can be eight people on one map all looking for a few pocket knives.  Although I can say I have never been victim to an insta-grab (I seriously run in circles), just by watching it happen I can tell it needs to be toned down just a bit.

On 5/31/2017 at 7:56 PM, SexDrugs&Tea said:

As a counselor, we don't have stats on survival rates 

Well we kinda do if u look at your badges there is one for "completed match as counselor" (u get this even if u died) and then there is one for each escape method + surviving by time so just add all of those up and there u go XD

On 6/1/2017 at 0:31 AM, Arakos said:

Hiding? Not so easy when he can sense you with RNG.

Sometimes im hiding in a closet for the around 10 mins and Jason never finds me....then in another Match hiding again in a closet, in a lit house, was the calm in person(no fear at all).

After 1 min in the closet jason appears and killed me, he said that the building light up :/

Please tell me where was my mistake.

Sounds like it was not escaping before rage/ before all the elephant stomping Vanessa's and bugsies were got

*edit

dammit - sorry for the double post - I was replaying to 2 different posts and forgot to make these as 1 post