Let me start off by saying that so far I'm loving this game despite server issues and bugs, but the issue I'm having is that I feel like Jason's powers need some adjusting. Specifically the shift ability. I understand that Jason is a powerhouse and needs to be to make this game work and remain fun, but when you can just use shift and float up on campers and instantly grab them and hit em with an Insta kill it kinda ruins it for me. It's awful when you're a camper trying to evade Jason, and it's boring when playing as Jason when all you need to do is use shift. So I have a few ideas to balance it out. Idea 1: make Jason unable to grab campers immediately upon exiting his shift. This would make it much less broken in my opinion. It'll give the campers a chance to realize that Jason is there before death inevitably comes for them. Idea 2: Make shift the power that charges up during the game in place of rage and make rage and regular ability with a 3 or 4 second duration and a longer than normal cooldown. By the time rage charges it just feels very underwhelming since campers have either escaped or are no longer trying to hide in houses. I have never been in a situation where I've gone "FINALLY I HAVE RAGE I CAN KILL THE REST OF THE CAMPERS!" Shift just feels like the end all beat all of Jason's abilities. Let me just be clear that I'm not complaining that Jason is overpowered. He's supposed to be. I just think the shift grab is makes the game a little boring

• Like 4

I hope I learn how to use shift as good as you, to the point that I say its OP. I dont have it down yet, this is one of those instances where I'd imagine it would be better on mouse/kb.

I'm actually playing on ps4. I'm not quite sure why I don't have a problem hitting people with shift. I'm not trying to sound conceded or ring my own bell or anything but it's just easy for me. I just activate shift, fly until my movement is impeded by a camper then mash L2. Works like 95% of the time. 

The Jason's that don't run need shift. Plus people just run in circles. Around couches, tables, cars.

• Like 1

The shift grab has been the number one complaint by far about Jason.

A three second grab delay after a shift should balance it out.

I think it's important that Jason could still swing his weapon to damage counselor. I agree that getting shift grabbed feels little bit annoying. If you don't have a friend to help you then you are fucked.

I love that Jason is powerful and he should win against 1v1 counselor but shift grab feels little bit lame. Small cooldown before he can use grab after shift would be awesome addition. He can still injure counselor and even kill them with his weapon while not making counselor feel he just got cheated.

To be honest I don't know why people have so many issues with Jason's shift grab. I don't get caught by it that often, and I always keep at least one pocket knife on me for such an instance. Here's a few tips:

• First - always have 1 pocket knife. If you haven't got one, make it a #1 priority to find one.
  • Second - don't stand out in the open where shift can easily catch you. It's much harder to insta-grab inside or in an area where movement is limited.
  • Third - When he uses shift, try and block him with a solid object like a tree, rock, cabin or an objective. 
  • Fourth - Find another counsellor. Counsellors can hit Jason whilst he's grabbed someone and save them from grab kills.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

To be honest I don't know why people have so many issues with Jason's shift grab. I don't get caught by it that often, and I always keep at least one pocket knife on me for such an instance. Here's a few tips:

• First - always have 1 pocket knife. If you haven't got one, make it a #1 priority to find one.
  • Second - don't stand out in the open where shift can easily catch you. It's much harder to insta-grab inside or in an area where movement is limited.
  • Third - When he uses shift, try and block him with a solid object like a tree, rock, cabin or an objective. 
  • Fourth - Find another counsellor. Counsellors can hit Jason whilst he's grabbed someone and save them from grab kills.

Those are good tips and that's usually what I try to do. But as a Jason and Counselors it still feels cheap way to get a kill(ed). It needs some adjustments IMO. Whether it's longer cooldown, shorter distance or no grab after exiting shift I don't care but I think it needs some kind of nerf.

9 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

A pocket knife does virtually nothing to some of the Jasons. In the last game I was in, I stabbed a Jason with a pocket knife and he instantly shifted into me and grabbed me when I tried to run away.

The problem with the insta-kill shift is that there is zero warning Jason is even in the area. No music. No nothing. You think you're safe while trying to move from house to house and then you're dead. 

Using an object to block him isn't realistic. 

The counselors that can escape from his grip are terrible. 

There should be a delay before Jason can attack after a shift, but it should be about half a second. Imagine thinking you escaped a Jason in a car and then he instantly spawns in front of your car and simultaneously destroys it. It is really, really annoying.

Pocket knife does the same thing to every Jason. If you got shifted after knifing him then you were just too easy for him to grab, you get about 10 seconds to make a run for a cabin.

You can tell when he shifts because there's a VHS video effect. If the effect doesn't appear and he stalk-shift grabs you then there's not much I can suggest except move between cabins faster.

Using an object to block him is realistic. He can't break fences in shift so even a fence would do. There's also a ton of trees in the woods that can be used to make it harder for him to get you. 

Escapes aren't meant to be easy, the entire game isn't meant to be easy. You should expect to die and not escape every time. I've had cars smashed up when I was about 3 seconds away from escaping.

• Like 1

well Jason i believe will be much OP at High Levels with high perks ;) , for now he is stronger but not 100%

I don't think it's that hard to juke shift. If you see him disappear off the minimap, start jerking left and right, running with odd turns and angles. Be random and anticipate how he's going to follow.

Just now, Pamela Voorhees said:

I don't think it's that hard to juke shift. If you see him disappear off the minimap, start jerking left and right, running with odd turns and angles. Be random and anticipate how he's going to follow.

Pretty much sums it up. It's really not that difficult to avoid shift if you know it's coming, it's just a matter of adjust play styles to counter it :) I personally don't have any issues with Jason shift grabbed. Most of the time I die is due to throwing knives and no first aid spray, or getting caught in a cabin whilst trying to jump through a window :P

Shift grab is fair considering that counselors can (1) juke, (2) pop firecrackers right befroe Jason grabs them and he drops you right back down, (3) pocket knives).

In my opinion, if you have no way to escape Jason,s grasp, you should be staying inside trying to find items. If you're out in the open and get insta-killed, you should have spent more time preparing before going outside

• Like 1

Everyone keeps saying use pocket knives. Yea I get it. They're amazing and it's what they're for. But out of all the games I've played I have found 1. And yea it's not the games fault. Just shitty RNG on my end. But when you get shift grabbed going from cabin to cabin, knife the Jason, and then get shift grabbed again after he recovers, it's gets frustrating. 

2 hours ago, Solidyne said:

Everyone keeps saying use pocket knives. Yea I get it. They're amazing and it's what they're for. But out of all the games I've played I have found 1. And yea it's not the games fault. Just shitty RNG on my end. But when you get shift grabbed going from cabin to cabin, knife the Jason, and then get shift grabbed again after he recovers, it's gets frustrating. 

I agree with this, pocket knives are very rare to find around the map. You also never have enough time to find items as Jason can instantly teleport near you and then hunt you down. It's so damn frustrating to have the 2 running Jasons also be able to use shift, that IMO is unfair because that's already OP as it is him chasing you and not giving you the chance to recover stamina or get away.

The most annoying thing about this game rn is it takes forever to find a match. When you successfully find a mstch, within 1 or 2 minutes you're dead because Jason is too OP and counsellors don't have a chance to escape. So many times I be in a cabin and he finds me starts breaking the door down, I jump out of the back window sprinting slowly to get away and then he instantly shifts near me or teleports and I can never get away. It's really screwing with my experience so far and I bet other people also hate this too.

It's come to the point now that I have Jason selected as my spawn preference to actuallg be able to level up as playing as counsellor seems pointless when you'll die straight away and get less EXP and spent the remainder of your time spectating.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « git gud »

i had to

You always have enough time before Jason unlocks shift to search at least one cabin. If you're unlucky on this first search, and Jason has morphed to your location, all cabins have minimum 1 weapon, so you have a fighting chance, also, you can juke the shift. if you're just running in straight lines in predictable ways, good Jasons can land shift grabs easily, try to run around fences or rocks, make sudden turns, etc... Get to the next cabin, lock, search, repeat.

Flare guns are also an easy way to counter Jason's shift and they are extremely common. Jason's shift is near useless inside, so when you get to a cabin with a flare gun, wait until Jason bursts him, shoot him in the face, take the time where he is stunned to go to the next cabin, that way tbe time where you are most vulnerable to shift, when running outside, becomes perfectly safe.

Lastly if you really are not confident in your ability to juke, aim and escape Jason and you really fear dying early, when the game starts, don't just enter the first cabin you see, look around to see if there are objectives nearby and if there are, run away, good Jasons use the first minute and a little more as prep time to trap certain objectives.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « git gud »

i had to

You always have enough time before Jason unlocks shift to search at least one cabin. If you're unlucky on this first search, and Jason has morphed to your location, all cabins have minimum 1 weapon, so you have a fighting chance, also, you can juke the shift. if you're just running in straight lines in predictable ways, good Jasons can land shift grabs easily, try to run around fences or rocks, make sudden turns, etc... Get to the next cabin, lock, search, repeat.

Flare guns are also an easy way to counter Jason's shift and they are extremely common. Jason's shift is near useless inside, so when you get to a cabin with a flare gun, wait until Jason bursts him, shoot him in the face, take the time where he is stunned to go to the next cabin, that way tbe time where you are most vulnerable to shift, when running outside, becomes perfectly safe.

Lastly if you really are not confident in your ability to juke, aim and escape Jason and you really fear dying early, when the game starts, don't just enter the first cabin you see, look around to see if there are objectives nearby and if there are, run away, good Jasons use the first minute and a little more as prep time to trap certain objectives.

Thanks for the tips, I will try and utlilize these in the game and see if I can survive for longer and possibly escape alive. ?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Slim15 said:

The Jason's that don't run need shift. Plus people just run in circles. Around couches, tables, cars.

That will not help you against a good shifter, everyone who tries to juke me is dead anyway cause my shift/grab.

I kill everyone in nearly every match as Jason and i dont think that they are all noobs because i played around 20 times as Jason now

Some Jasons are so good at the shift grab that it can be near impossible to escape, while most can still be juked.  As people get better I suspect we'll see more and more Jasons clearing the board in under ten minutes.  I ran into a guy tonight who is uncanny with his shift grab.  I didn't see him miss a single one and he killed everyone every single time he got to play with ease. 

One tip I will offer those saying they can barely get anywhere before they die -- are you playing the male counselors by any chance?  Most of them have terrible Stealth.  You basically have to walk or crouch walk everywhere you go unless you want Jason on you right away.  Adams, Bugsys, and Chads tend to be the first to die in my experience unless extreme caution is used.  Now that doesn't mean they're useless, but you have to play them with the knowledge that running around fixing things is not their strength.  They work best as backup for others since they can often stun Jasons with their melee and take a lot of damage.  Well, except Chad.  He seems best at playing lone wolf, letting others do the work, then using his high speed to escape.   

But if you're jogging, or God help you sprinting, with these chars, you will very likely be the first person Jason kills every single game as you are that easy to find.  Their high strength is a rough trade off for their low stealth, considering that the shift grab makes most fights a mute point.  Rarely will a Jason let you trade blows with him.  But, yeah.  Move around with these guys and Jason will know where you're at.  And most Jasons will doggedly hunt down the noisy chars first.

The shift+grab is easy to fix, they should just block jasons grabbing and attacking for 1,5 - 2 seconds after shift

Omg - Jason is supposed to be op ladies - it's 1 v 8 so people have a chance to gang up on him or escape while he's chasing His first few kills - work together - bring car parts even if you don't want to take the car, get the boat parts on the boat, call the cops and coordinate multiple synchronized escapes - it's not that hard I've seen Jason with 0 kills (bad Jason's) and Jason with only 1 or 2 kills (good Jason and good counselor teamwork) - in reality tho Jason is maybe not strong enough when 3 people can keep him stun locked and unable to commit to a kill for 5-10 min pretty easily. Please devs don't give in to crying and use your data to make sure the game fit your guys vision and the franchise history

• Like 2

On 2017-05-30 at 6:47 AM, LuckyDrunkTed said:

The shift grab has been the number one complaint by far about Jason.

A three second grab delay after a shift should balance it out.

Three seconds feels like alot, I'd say no more than 1.5 sec.

The word juke that everyone has taken to using is irritating the fuck outta me.

What's wrong with dodge or avoid? I don't believe many people here use the word in real life. 

• Like 3