In this topic I will be talking about features I think should be implemented, fixed, or outright removed.

1. Counselors should be able to disarm Jasons traps. Reason being is that if he puts a trap right in from of a car or the phone box "which they always do" its virtually impossible to fix it because you are forced to step into the trap which then alerts Jason and then you're screwed.

2. Players should not lose control of there counselor when they see a dead body. Reason being is that from a game play perspective it doesn't really make sense because in the beginning scene you see your fellow counselor being killed so I dont think you would freak out every single time you see a body. The other main reason is that if Jason grabs someone and you go to save whoever was grabbed by hitting Jason sometimes that swing brings you into line of sight with a body and it stops your character mid swing to say "Oh my god is that a dead body" causing your friend to then be killed. Also if you are running for your life from Jason and you see a dead body and your character stops dead in his tracks to freak out over a dead body then getting you killed is so stupid and doesn't make sense. Its fine if its just an audible thing and or increases your fear level but to stop your character from doing anything for a short time is dumb.

3. I believe stamina needs to be reworked it seems to me that it runs out a little too fast even form good high stam characters.

4. I dont think players should have to wait til a vehicle is started to enter it, they should just be able to get in.

5. I think Tommy Jarvis shouldn't be able to leave until all other counselors are either dead or escaped, because his whole purpose is to help others escape and all to often we see someone come back as Tommy just to escape.

• Like 2

As far as I know, the Jason traps can be disarmed with the pocket knives. I've only heard this regurgitated around the forums and other friends, but if anything that's a way to get by it. The pocket knives are pretty rare as is though, so I sort of agree that the viability of traps is a bit strong considering there are key placement positions that almost guarantee a counselor will have to step into in order to advance an escape plot.

I totally agree with removing the loss of control on fear though. It's pretty annoying for the exact reasons you stated. The increase to fear and the audible gasps should definitely be enough.

I'm not sure how I feel about stamina. I don't usually play high stamina character so I do not currently know the feel of it, but I never thought it was off on the counselors I do play. Having to conserve stamina is not a bad thing and I fear giving counselors more leniency when it comes to stamina could indirectly nerf Jason in a bad way.

Your fourth point I definitely agree with, this would be a welcome quality of life change.

I don't like that idea of restricting Jarvis in the way you mentioned. I would much rather see more incentives for him to rescue people. I currently don't have any bright ideas to share on that end, but incentivizing rather than restricting would be better imo.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Exten said:

As far as I know, the Jason traps can be disarmed with the pocket knives. I've only heard this regurgitated around the forums and other friends, but if anything that's a way to get by it. The pocket knives are pretty rare as is though, so I sort of agree that the viability of traps is a bit strong considering there are key placement positions that almost guarantee a counselor will have to step into in order to advance an escape plot.

I totally agree with removing the loss of control on fear though. It's pretty annoying for the exact reasons you stated. The increase to fear and the audible gasps should definitely be enough.

I'm not sure how I feel about stamina. I don't usually play high stamina character so I do not currently know the feel of it, but I never thought it was off on the counselors I do play. Having to conserve stamina is not a bad thing and I fear giving counselors more leniency when it comes to stamina could indirectly nerf Jason in a bad way.

Your fourth point I definitely agree with, this would be a welcome quality of life change.

I don't like that idea of restricting Jarvis in the way you mentioned. I would much rather see more incentives for him to rescue people. I currently don't have any bright ideas to share on that end, but incentivizing rather than restricting would be better imo.

12 hours ago, Exten said:

I've done some rethinking and I suppose stamina is fine, it just always seems as if I can run for maybe 15 seconds before im forced to walk even if im the high tier stam character which is a bit ridiculous IMO. However from a balance perceptive I suppose its ok. Also as far as I know Jarvis doesn't get escape points but that doesn't seem to stop whoever plays him from just trying to escape even the the whole point of Jarvis is to help others escape so they need to at very least take a look at how they can mitigate this problem, I have given my 2 cents on 1 way they could do that. I did not know about the knife on a trap thing but evens so like you said knifes are pretty rare and when I find one i do not want to have to use my only means of protection just to disarm a trap leading me to do a suicide run onto a trap, little OP for Jason IMO.

i hope this doesn't get over looked  or buried

1. jasons abilities need to unlock in a different order to improve game play and stop quick warp kills at start of match. too many times iv been killed 1min into a match because jason warps to my location and kills me. so to fix this jason abilities should unlock in a different order to give player more time and build suspense .

1.sense 2.stalk 3.map warp 4. shift

2.spawn locations are not random enough, make it too easy to know wher everyone is when ever game everyone will span in the same locations.

3.combat system is garbage and needs work, a lot of work.

4.weapon system needs to be redone as you should not have to pick between carrying a gas can or a weapon. just make it so if you want a good weapon you have to choose but small weapons like frying pan or stick you should not have to give up object.

5.less animation time to get knifes for jason.

6.different animations for breaking doors as jason as it looks weird some using a pitchfork to destroy door. animations should match weapon or he just shoulder charges door.

1. Agreed. Completely. Even if a pocket knife works right now, that's not good enough.

2. Also agreed. They especially need to fix getting double stunned by 1 body.

3. I feel stamina is just fine as it is right now. You can make it last long if you can escape from building to building.

4. I've thought about the same, but I don't yet know how well that would work balance wise.

5. While I like the idea, I think a lot of people would just get annoyed by it.

My own points I want to add is that I would like to add a small pause, like half a second, between shifting and being able to do anything.
This will stop Shift-grabbing while Jason should have no trouble catching people.

• Like 1

Another thing we can do with traps, if we dont get to disable them, then don't give Jason a queue when we trigger one, except when he's close(since we do scream in pain and all).

On 5/29/2017 at 5:02 AM, domo791 said:

In this topic I will be talking about features I think should be implemented, fixed, or outright removed.

1. Counselors should be able to disarm Jasons traps. Reason being is that if he puts a trap right in from of a car or the phone box "which they always do" its virtually impossible to fix it because you are forced to step into the trap which then alerts Jason and then you're screwed.

2. Players should not lose control of there counselor when they see a dead body. Reason being is that from a game play perspective it doesn't really make sense because in the beginning scene you see your fellow counselor being killed so I dont think you would freak out every single time you see a body. The other main reason is that if Jason grabs someone and you go to save whoever was grabbed by hitting Jason sometimes that swing brings you into line of sight with a body and it stops your character mid swing to say "Oh my god is that a dead body" causing your friend to then be killed. Also if you are running for your life from Jason and you see a dead body and your character stops dead in his tracks to freak out over a dead body then getting you killed is so stupid and doesn't make sense. Its fine if its just an audible thing and or increases your fear level but to stop your character from doing anything for a short time is dumb.

3. I believe stamina needs to be reworked it seems to me that it runs out a little too fast even form good high stam characters.

4. I dont think players should have to wait til a vehicle is started to enter it, they should just be able to get in.

5. I think Tommy Jarvis shouldn't be able to leave until all other counselors are either dead or escaped, because his whole purpose is to help others escape and all to often we see someone come back as Tommy just to escape.

1.  Agreed.  If you can see a trap, you should be able to disarm it.

2.  I think councilors should "freak out" a little bit.  I mean, if you're camping with your friends, and you are finding them dead in the woods, of course you would freak out (especially in the context of a Friday the 13th movie).  As far as stopping in your tracks and freaking out when Jason is chasing you... a remedy for this is to have the councilor "trip" and fall instead of stopping and freaking out.  Same in-game result... but not as immersion breaking.  Tommy Jarvis should not be freaking out at all... he's fought Jason before, this shouldn't be news to him.

3.  I'm OK with stamina as it is for now.

4.  Absolutely agree.

5.  Agreed.  Tommy's role should serve as more of an "anti-Jason", where he has the powers and ability to confront Jason, and help facilitate the escape of the councilors.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:02 AM, domo791 said:

1. agree we need to be able to disable them or Jason should not be able to place them in a spot you have to stand in to fix the car/boat anywhere else is fine, as it is I am not sure if we can disarm with a pocket knife I tried it last night had one on me crouched by the trap and moved around it and had no option but I will admit I only had about 10-15 seconds to try before somebody lead Jason to me and I had to give up

2. somewhat agree if you are on your own a small freak out is ok, but not in the other bits you mentioned

3. I think stamina is ok where it is some last longer then others but are worse in other stats so its a trade off, did you mean sprinting or jogging ? as sprinting will drain it fast

4. yes as it would make things a bit more easyer

5.this I'm also not to sure about, tommy has great stats and one shot gun shell, but alas that realy doesn't make him the hero we need him to be with that shot he can stun Jason for a short while ( which can also miss not to mention there is normaly one more gun on the map as well) after that shot is used all he can do is run and fix things. Ok he can be a distraction but that is only if Jason choses to go after him. and to give him more skills to use could make him unbalanced