This is my 3,000th post.

Join us- you too can get into arguments with people from all over the world! Debate intricacies of the game and franchise like a bitter custody battle! Kill spare time! It's more fun than spectating!

It's not all that bad though- join up, just use the search function before creating a thread. No, you're not the first person to think the game needs Jason X, host migration, Pamela, Freddy, etc. Seriously- use the search function.

That is all.

• Like 4

Over 700 new users in the last month. Keep it up. Join us. The bigger the community the more likely we are to be heard. 

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Join us, or don't. You may be safer voicing your opinions elsewhere. :wacko:

Spot on.

10 minutes ago, Jen the Strange said:

I'm not convinced. I think this is where Ben got rabies.

I don't see this as being fair. I've been on these forums for not as long as other members, yet I have lurked until recently, and I can honestly say there are several threads here that basically complain about, well, everything. I'm not saying the game is perfect; there have been several bugs, and the game isn't exactly polished, but it's also not very old. Given time, I believe this game will eventually run smoothly, and there is new content coming out soon (new Jason, new maps, new counselors, all of them announced to be free).

Furthermore, they have a major event coming up soon: the physical release on the actual friday the 13th this month. They're playtestesting the hell out of everything to make sure the game will run well, so it doesn't help seeing threads that make it looks like the developers don't care about fixing the game. They obviously do, because if they didn't then the game wouldn't sell, and they would lose money fast.

I suppose this is the part where I get bagged on for looking like a suckup, but honestly this is starting to get out of hand. I've been part of gaming forums before, but I've never seen one before that's become antagonistic after only a few months of existence. It's basically the reason why I don't reveal my PS4 account to anyone here; respect as well as understanding is almost non-existant, no basic courtesy, it's basically a giant group of howler monkeys everytime something goes wrong with a patch.

17 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

I don't see this as being fair. I've been on these forums for not as long as other members, yet I have lurked until recently, and I can honestly say there are several threads here that basically complain about, well, everything.

My post was just a joke. Ben is a bro.

But this is the internet. Give anyone a voice, and you'll find a palette of different opinions. It is what it is. I enjoy the community for its variety of opinions -- some I find personally invalid, and some I find too optimistic or fantastical. It is what it is. That's why it's called a forum. :) You'll find the same on the Discord and the subreddit. 

Those who think the teams don't care about fixing the game are simply short-sighted. Gun and Illfonic can be as transparent as they can, and these people will still find a reality congruent to their beliefs. The reason you're seeing such a hive of negativity (and positivity; let's get real) is because Gun and Illfonic are pretty connected to the fanbase. Inarguably more transparent and connected than most other game dev companies. Players of the game know this, and so they yelp louder because there is incentive to voice their opinions. Picture baby birds in a nest and how they chirp louder when the mama bird is within range, except mama bird is always within range with Gun and Illfonic through Twitter, the forums, the Discord, the subreddit, et cetera and so on.

Don't let that discourage you, @Trident77. Let people be people, and let yourself be yourself.

Edited by Jen the Strange
Grammar
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

I don't see this as being fair. I've been on these forums for not as long as other members, yet I have lurked until recently, and I can honestly say there are several threads here that basically complain about, well, everything. I'm not saying the game is perfect; there have been several bugs, and the game isn't exactly polished, but it's also not very old. Given time, I believe this game will eventually run smoothly, and there is new content coming out soon (new Jason, new maps, new counselors, all of them announced to be free).

Furthermore, they have a major event coming up soon: the physical release on the actual friday the 13th this month. They're playtestesting the hell out of everything to make sure the game will run well, so it doesn't help seeing threads that make it looks like the developers don't care about fixing the game. They obviously do, because if they didn't then the game wouldn't sell, and they would lose money fast.

I suppose this is the part where I get bagged on for looking like a suckup, but honestly this is starting to get out of hand. I've been part of gaming forums before, but I've never seen one before that's become antagonistic after only a few months of existence. It's basically the reason why I don't reveal my PS4 account to anyone here; respect as well as understanding is almost non-existant, no basic courtesy, it's basically a giant group of howler monkeys everytime something goes wrong with a patch.

Not at all. The negativity can be draining. It is why in life, and on these forums, I joke around a lot. Not everyone finds me funny, or catches the joke ;), but I do sincerely believe that levity makes me a more tolerant person.

56 minutes ago, Jen the Strange said:

My post was just a joke. Ben is a bro.

But this is the internet. Give anyone a voice, and you'll find a palette of different opinions. It is what it is. I enjoy the community for its variety of opinions -- some I find personally invalid, and some I find too optimistic or fantastical. It is what it is. That's why it's called a forum. :) You'll find the same on the Discord and the subreddit. 

Those who think the teams don't care about fixing the game are simply short-sighted. Gun and Illfonic can be as transparent as they can, and these people will still find a reality congruent to their beliefs. The reason you're seeing such a hive of negativity (and positivity; let's get real) is because Gun and Illfonic are pretty connected to the fanbase. Inarguably more transparent and connected than most other game dev companies. Players of the game know this, and so they yelp louder because there is incentive to voice their opinions. Picture baby birds in a nest and how they chirp louder when the mama bird is within range, except mama bird is always within range with Gun and Illfonic through Twitter, the forums, the Discord, the subreddit, et cetera and so on.

Don't let that discourage you, @Trident77. Let people be people, and let yourself be yourself.

Quite true.

• Like 1

I just joined Saturday, but I've been in Stalk Mode for over a year, learning all of your weaknesses... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brevator said:

I just joined Saturday, but I've been in Stalk Mode for over a year, learning all of your weaknesses... 

...Or so you think! We mods and admins have the +Forum Immortal strength and no weaknesses!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

...Or so you think! We mods and admins have the +Forum Immortal strength and no weaknesses!

You always give us the best comments! XD

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

@bewareofbears The irony is delightfully stupid.

Hopefully we'll see you back soon.

really starting to hate that word.

Quite the passive-aggressive suspension vacation....

Hope he's back soon 

• Like 3

K, I just created an account even though I've been active on Reddit and been playing the game since day 1 :)

9 minutes ago, The7Reaper said:

K, I just created an account even though I've been active on Reddit and been playing the game since day 1 :)

Welcome to the forums! Hope you have been enjoying the game so far! 

1 minute ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Welcome to the forums! Hope you have been enjoying the game so far! 

Very much so, I play it on anytime I can and I'm a level 85

7 hours ago, The7Reaper said:

Very much so, I play it on anytime I can and I'm a level 85

What platform do you play on?

Remember here you get 10 likes per day. Some of the hilarious threads will eat those up. I would say I am glad you are away from the negativity on Reddit, but things seem a bit touch and go on here right now. Hopefully you meet some of the more fun forum members and get to play some good games with new players. God luck and good speed!

On 10/3/2017 at 9:15 AM, lHeartBreakerl said:

@bewareofbears The irony is delightfully stupid.

Hopefully we'll see you back soon.

really starting to hate that word.

15 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Quite the passive-aggressive suspension vacation....

Hope he's back soon 

At first I really thought this was all over the coffee cup joke thread and was kind of baffled. Now that I have read some other things... 

We didn't always agree @bewareofbears, but that is part of discussing things. Your snarkiness will be missed. 

Ps mods, sorry if this ends up being a double post. Sent from my phone and meant to keep those two together. Love ya! Your hair looks nice.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

At first I really thought this was all over the coffee cup joke thread and was kind of baffled.

I missed the coffee cup joke post but it must have been super serious and offensive to warrant the official forum punishment to that unnamed user as well.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

What platform do you play on?

Remember here you get 10 likes per day. Some of the hilarious threads will eat those up. I would say I am glad you are away from the negativity on Reddit, but things seem a bit touch and go on here right now. Hopefully you meet some of the more fun forum members and get to play some good games with new players. God luck and good speed!

I play on Ps4 and PSN name is the same as my name here on the forums. The7Reaper

4 hours ago, The7Reaper said:

I play on Ps4 and PSN name is the same as my name here on the forums. The7Reaper

Feel free to head over there and join that club if you want. Some forum member as well as good players that warranted the invite. Chill people that don't berate players for not having a good match or being the best. I believe that chapter was started by @NthnButAGoodTime.

• Like 1

I see we have a few new users, like 2000. Welcome. And to all the guests join us. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1