Sign in to follow this  
Sebcon

Stuns During Kills.

Should this be implemented?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be implemented?

• Interesting... Sure, why not?
    • Hah, no thanks. This isn't For Honor you nooby ubisoft user

So after playing For Honor a lot, it got me thinking. In executions during For Honor, you will not actually be executed until the weapon actually strikes. However, you are left in a revive state. I think this would be interesting to implement in the game. For example, if you see a counselor getting executed; Let's say Chad was thrown on to the ground while Jasons right about to strike onto him. If Brandon hits him with a weapon or shoots, then Jason would be stunned. This means that Chad hasnt actually been killed yet, only tossed on the ground. Chad is left in a revive state, where he has 60 seconds until he dies (out of fear? not sure). 

Basically what I'm saying is, if you stun Jason right before he kills someone, maybe give the counselor being killed an extra chance to live by being revived.

What are your thoughts?

The result of this idea is Jason players quit trying to grab and just slash everybody to death. It gets old fast. People quit playing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

The result of this idea is Jason players quit trying to grab and just slash everybody to death. It gets old fast. People quit playing. 

I agree.  That would probably eliminate all grab kills.  No one would take the chance as Jason in having the counselor get away. That started to become Vanessas fate towards the end of the beta.  If you caught up to her you didn't dare grab her in fear she had a knife and the whole long chase would repeat.  Easier to chop away and be done with her. 

• Like 1

Hmmm, maybe a middle of the road tactic? Maybe make it so that once a kill starts a melee weapon wont cut it, but a shotgun blast will. This way would 1. Make the shotgun useful in saving somebody's life instead of stupid since you can accidentally hit them. And 2. Give Tommy Jarvis another way to be the big hero. Kind of like a better pocket knife for other people, but much rarer. This wouldn't be particularly breaking, since let's be real here, the shotgun(s) aren't exactly easy to find. I dunno, just my 2 cents.

No.

The grabs are balanced right now, roughly speaking.

The Jason player can take the risk of doing brutishly nasty kills AND doing so instantly without having to reduce their health, BUT they risk the counselor escaping in the process.

As Jason I will make a habit of brutally injuring them before grabbing them.  Others should probably do the same.

For the Savini Jason, for instance, I think that'll be an absolute must.

His Grip Strength is weak while his Weapon Damage is a strength. So a smack or two to wound the counselor first and get them vulnerable would be just the ticket.

It would probably just turn more Jason players into "Potato Slashers" who swing wildly and never use the grab function to avoid pocket knives. If grabs were constantly interrupted it would become very annoying to have to play as Jason. You have a window before the kill animation begins already, but once the cut-scene starts...game over. That is good enough in my opinion.

On 5/7/2017 at 2:54 PM, Risinggrave said:

Not to mention the fact that it would require an entire redesign of the kill system. Once grabbed you have a short time to escape or be rescued. But to add a stun possibility once you hit the animation for the execution phase it would require that to be re-coded as well as new animations to be shot. Not a small task given it's a core feature and certainly not something I would support. I don't expect to see it regardless.

I'm more of the mind that if you haven't been rescued or escaped by the time the execution moves to animation and kill, it's too late for you.

• Like 1

I really felt that Jason's grab was perfect.  You still had the chance of getting away and there was still a chance someone could help you.  I did find that the best way was to soften up the counselors before you grabbed them.  If they got away they couldn't get very far, unless they had a knife and first aid spray.  

I said the exact same thing before, thought you had copied and pasted it off me since I referred to For Honor AKA No Honor.

I gave it some thought and came to a conclusion as to why this shouldn't be implemented:
Sure, it makes everything flow a bit more freely, it makes it much more tense to try and hit Jason before he can break your friend's back, but like everyone else stated; it just turns into a left-click Jason, which would suck.

The counsellors have never seen someone die before, probably. So if someone has grabbed their friend; fine, they'll help them out, but when their friend has a hole punched through him or worse? Yeah, your composure breaks and you run for it, since the guy is taller, stronger and used to be a spooky story.