wes

Jason Stat Screen Revealed

19 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

Rep will be tied to XP, ultimately not doing much in punishing people. Also you cant punish someone who is using built in assets correctly... even if it's breaking the META. Especially after someone pointed out the problem before release...

"Breaking the meta"? If it breaks the meta, judging by how the devs responded to feedback on the beta (Buffing the flaregun, firecrackers, ect) It would be changed as soon as the devs saw the feedback and are able to change it.

16 minutes ago, The Preppy Guy said:

"Breaking the meta"? If it breaks the meta, judging by how the devs responded to feedback on the beta (Buffing the flaregun, firecrackers, ect) It would be changed as soon as the devs saw the feedback and are able to change it.

But if it was raised before it became a issue? Problems on release plague a game for the rest of its life, no amount of patching can undo the negative press on release. I have raised a concern, i am done on this subject.

30 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

Yeah that has been/being addressed i believe. But you cant apply the same system as the game wont be able to detect it and a voting system will get abused. Also devs punishing people for "Out Witting" a Jason would be a deathbed for the game by critics and slowly the community..

Again, I'm not seeing it being an issue. My bet is that people who swarm Jason thinking they can kill him will die. It's not as much fun to be dead. So there is your punishment.

For those who get mad and decide to leave the party, (and this could be handled via a block after so many per 24 hour period)  then those are the guys that the dev's should go after as far as making the game a slog. Maybe they'll leave and take their toxicity with them. 

Frank you have been here long enough to know insulting other members will not be tolerated. Consider this a warning. I have removed your post. 

On 27/04/2017 at 0:39 AM, Babalonkie said:

But potentially everyone now knows they can just slap and trap him to death... Add a much larger player-base... and friends... add the option of slowly uneventfully sneaking around or having fun trying to kill Jason... You have a obvious META. One thing is for sure... Jason players are not going to have fun falling onto their back every time they engage a tight group and it's certainly not Friday the 13th to see Jason spending most of his time on his ass.

Attacking Jason has never been a major thing in this game, and adding in stealth was done from the VERY beginning, probably before you could attack Jason. The only reason you would attack Jason is to save yourself when you're cornered, or save a friend. As for everything attacking Jason; this has already been tried and tested, it doesn't work, at all. The devs even tried it and got slaughtered.

Also, you're getting a fair few details wrong in your posts, you seem to be quoting people and speculating without actual knowledge on the topic, for example you said in your experience of the beta, people just crowded around Jason and kept whacking him when he picked someone up? All Jasons knew how to stop this by simply left-clicking as opposed to right clicking.

All in all, I suggest you think before speaking.

• Like 1

It's just a concern for the game. Now until more details are revealed about the HP system, I am openly just speculating potential future problems of a "sub game" developing rapidly. JV HP and Killing JV have been very hush hush unless i am mistaken!?

10 hours ago, The Preppy Guy said:

On a side note, anyone got any ideas what the apple kill for J9 might be? As well as the far right-side kill J7 has equiped?

I believe the apple is a head and its a decapitation kill, the one for part 7 I believe is a choke kill or the head crush kill.

To Babalonkie: There are already videos from the Beta, as others have pointed out, that show a willing Jason getting pummeled by all the counselors with every weapon they could find for the entire match. What ever Jason's HP is, it wasn't and isn't going to be tied to "Beat him down until he's dead". That will never be the Meta and all you are gonna do is have fun trying for a match and then get frustrated and bore yourself.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Skeptik said:

What ever Jason's HP is, it wasn't and isn't going to be tied to "Beat him down until he's dead". That will never be the Meta and all you are gonna do is have fun trying for a match and then get frustrated and bore yourself.

Very true. There is undoubtedly a way to defeat him, but it won't be with brute force. Some people on this forum have said "they devs said that Jason could be killed in the beta, but nobody figured out how". Whether they got their information from a credible source I'm not sure - I've not seen it posted anywhere official yet. But if it's true, then blunt force definitely isn't how it works. There's various videos on YT people have made where they literally just beat down on Jason with a bunch of different characters and weapons and it didn't stop him. They knocked his mask off and shot him, knocked his mask off and pummelled him, tried crushing him with 2 cars simultaneously - nothing worked. See this thread.

I personally think that it'll be a case of fulfilling certain conditions before he can actually be properly damaged; I think it's something to do with stopping the voices he hears. 

18 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I personally think that it'll be a case of fulfilling certain conditions before he can actually be properly damaged; I think it's something to do with stopping the voices he hears. 

Yeah, I'm like 90% positive that killing him will have something to do with Pamela, her head, her sweater, any combination of them. We will find out eventually. Kind of reminds me of trying to unlock Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies before anybody knew how to do it.

People will be trying everything, no matter how goofy.

10-of-the-funniest-friday-the-13th-deaths.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skeptik said:

Kind of reminds me of trying to unlock Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies before anybody knew how to do it.

Ahh back in the days of SWG pre-CU, my favourite MMO! Admittedly I was a village Jedi, but still. Hiding in public with plain clothes and fake profession titles, not being allowed to wield your lightsaber around people unless you wanted bounty hunter players to get your contract and hunt you, then eventually cutting down 3 of them at once with a double bladed rank IV saber stuffed with premium Krayt pearls and dervish 2. Awesome fun :) I miss that game a lot.

3 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Ahh back in the days of SWG pre-CU, my favourite MMO! Admittedly I was a village Jedi, but still. Hiding in public with plain clothes and fake profession titles, not being allowed to wield your lightsaber around people unless you wanted bounty hunter players to get your contract and hunt you, then eventually cutting down 3 of them at once with a double bladed rank IV saber stuffed with premium Krayt pearls and dervish 2. Awesome fun :) I miss that game a lot.

Me too first MMO I ever played. Best crafting system ever. I was a JTL junkie when that shit came out man. PvP in Deep Space all day long in my Tie Adv. Good Times.

34 minutes ago, Skeptik said:

Yeah, I'm like 90% positive that killing him will have something to do with Pamela, her head, her sweater, any combination of them. We will find out eventually. Kind of reminds me of trying to unlock Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies before anybody knew how to do it.

People will be trying everything, no matter how goofy.

10-of-the-funniest-friday-the-13th-deaths.jpg

I hope to see a game where it's just seven Buggzy's all stood around Jason in a circle, each one taking a turn to trying to beat him with just their fists.

I mean, that's only gonna go one way, but kinda amusing.

Failing that, exactly the same, but with a mob of Erics.

Just now, DamonD7 said:

I hope to see a game where it's just seven Buggzy's all stood around Jason in a circle, each one taking a turn to trying to beat him with just their fists.

Have to use the noggin before he knocks it off...

I will say the 'discussion' in this thread has made it very apparent that Pamela probably wouldn't work as a killer in this game. Not unless the counselors were stripped of all offensive weaponry and were forced to hide or escape to win.

Playing against 7 people using deception/trolling against a random pub, using character with a legit HP, which Pamela would have, would be literally no fun at all for that person and they would be better off just raging out immediately when they saw all 7 counselors camping somewhere, and just force them to keep game hopping until they find someone gullible enough or is a competent Jason and not Pamela.

Point being, Pamela won't work in this game, unless the counselors are completely stripped of any offensive tactics and Pamela was the only one on offense.

Unfortunately pubstars are a heavy majority in every gaming community, my only hope is the 'playing with friends' will be more of the good variety and less of the pubstar variety. I can see people going straight private match and avoiding quick match all together if the meta literally becomes Jason having to deal with a timer, the escapes and groups of pubstars looking to troll him and succeed or fail and lose.

We'll have to hope the whole 'Jason being OP' is actually legit and in the hands of good players, no meta will work. Hell, we'll all be rejoicing over the days of the police escape if what is talked about in this thread becomes the meta. The only good that will come of it is match times quicker than 20 minutes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Skeptik said:

Me too first MMO I ever played. Best crafting system ever. I was a JTL junkie when that shit came out man. PvP in Deep Space all day long in my Tie Adv. Good Times.

Ooooh I rocked the Tie Adv for ages as well before moving to the interceptor. My final ship was a KSE Firespray, but JTL didn't offer that much incentive for Jedi to go into space :( Was fun for a while but after the Firespray, there wasn't much else I fancied doing. Was always about being a Jedi for me :) Used to love collecting colour crystals too, and mounting old training lightsabers on the walls of my house each time I made a new one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Failing that, exactly the same, but with a mob of Erics.

Would be a laugh, especially once they realize they are all screwed. 

Side Note: If you didn't know the Jason in your Avatar is Jeff "wickedbeard" Cochran. He is legit the best Jason cosplayer out there with a suit for each movie. Back in like '06 '07ish when I first started costuming as Jason we both belonged to the same forum, he is an amazing guy and helped me a ton with my own costumes. Google him if you ever want to see his work. I remember he was so thrilled to get Betsy to put the sweater on and pose with him for those shots. the orignal for that plus a couple more, including one with Kane Hodder can be found here. http://horrordomain.com/forums/topics/posts/index.cfm?t=1972 or check out his other Jason's and costumes here http://wickedbeard.jigsy.com/jason-voorhees

P.S. Hope posting the links is ok, He isn't a business, I just see people use his images all the time and wanted to let people know there is a really cool guy behind that mask.

• Like 2

Yeah! I first saw this picture a few years ago, and then when I was looking for an icon here I remembered it. While searching for the image, I found out about Wickedbeard and how the pictures came together. Really fun story and I'm happy to hear he's a cool and helpful guy as well.

It's so good because it's kinda sweet, pretty fun but also awesome to have mom & son meeting up again. Something that would make people smile, which is a nice little emotion to have on day-to-day forum posting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Yeah! I first saw this picture a few years ago, and then when I was looking for an icon here I remembered it. While searching for the image, I found out about Wickedbeard and how the pictures came together. Really fun story and I'm happy to hear he's a cool and helpful guy as well.

It's so good because it's kinda sweet, pretty fun but also awesome to have mom & son meeting up again. Something that would make people smile, which is a nice little emotion to have on day-to-day forum posting.

Yeah I used to pick his brain a lot and he was always open and a wealth of information. It's funny a lot of people in the costuming world like to keep their "trade secrets" but Jeff was always down to help someone improve their craft. He was also in one of First Jason's music videos (Air Lehman's band). 

31 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Ooooh I rocked the Tie Adv for ages as well before moving to the interceptor. My final ship was a KSE Firespray, but JTL didn't offer that much incentive for Jedi to go into space :( Was fun for a while but after the Firespray, there wasn't much else I fancied doing. Was always about being a Jedi for me :) Used to love collecting colour crystals too, and mounting old training lightsabers on the walls of my house each time I made a new one.

The Firespray was cool. I'm stoked for Star Citizen, finally another game with PoB ships haha. The interceptor was dope too. Man I miss SWG lol.

6 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Very true. There is undoubtedly a way to defeat him, but it won't be with brute force. Some people on this forum have said "they devs said that Jason could be killed in the beta, but nobody figured out how". Whether they got their information from a credible source I'm not sure - I've not seen it posted anywhere official yet. But if it's true, then blunt force definitely isn't how it works. There's various videos on YT people have made where they literally just beat down on Jason with a bunch of different characters and weapons and it didn't stop him. They knocked his mask off and shot him, knocked his mask off and pummelled him, tried crushing him with 2 cars simultaneously - nothing worked. See this thread.

There was Tweet from them shortly after beta where they said they were tracking Jason deaths and nobody did it. People apparently think these guys are stupid and just track data that they know doesn't exist. I'd dig up the tweet, but I don't feel like digging through months of tweets to find it. I'll leave that for anyone interested enough in that info to find. I just don't remember if it came from Wes, the F13 the game account or Ronnie. It is there though for anyone willing to dig.

8 hours ago, Skeptik said:

I believe the apple is a head and its a decapitation kill, the one for part 7 I believe is a choke kill or the head crush kill.

The part 7 kill is not the head crush or choke, the head crush can be seen on a different Jason (I forget which one) and the choke icon is a picture of Jason holding a counselor up by the neck, and after re-watching the Killer trailer i think the part 7 one could be the knee back-break or the one where he throws the counselor face first to the ground. Also one of the kills appears to be a head-rip, which I'm excited to see.

I am not worried about Jason having health points, even if it is in the conventional sense that we are understanding it.

The devs tweeted about testing going 7 counselors against Jason at the same time and even against the entire pool of counselors he made short work of them.

If a so called meta of trying to kill Jason forms, it will be very short lived once people get tired of having 2 minutes games.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

I am not worried about Jason having health points, even if it is in the conventional sense that we are understanding it.

The devs tweeted about testing going 7 counselors against Jason at the same time and even against the entire pool of counselors he made short work of them.

If a so called meta of trying to kill Jason forms, it will be very short lived once people get tired of having 2 minutes games.

Plus the more I think about it. The more I forgot that quick match randomizes the Jason player, so even if pubstars/trolls tried to literally stack a team of 7 friends against Jason. It wouldn't work, due to the random selection. So then what? One of the 7 friends get Jason, disconnects and its game over.

So I more think about it. There are obstacles in the way of such a way to play.

And what random player would join a private match, unless they knew someone or were desperate?

21 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Plus the more I think about it. The more I forgot that quick match randomizes the Jason player, so even if pubstars/trolls tried to literally stack a team of 7 friends against Jason. It wouldn't work, due to the random selection. So then what? One of the 7 friends get Jason, disconnects and its game over.

So I more think about it. There are obstacles in the way of such a way to play.

And what random player would join a private match, unless they knew someone or were desperate?

They have added a Jason preference selection (So the rumors say). A lot of people will want to be Jason and have that selected. If the people in the room don't have it selected the person who joined likely will and will end up automatically being Jason. Also you can invite to a lobby... so friends Join... leave a space and a random person will be matched automatically or someone will click on the server and join. The person joining likely wouldn't even know he/she just joined a server with 7 people working together.

With the "current" system, it is theoretically easy to do a organised 7 vs Random Pub Jason and the Jason not realizing until it's obvious in game-play.

Seriously how long his this conversation continue ?

I wouldnt be surprised if this went on for 5 more pages maybe more...

Would be nice if you guys go back on-topic instead of talking about this 'Meta' thing or that 'Star Wars' game...

Would be much apreciated,thank you.